Rickey

California Service Center To Texas Service Center

5,981 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband said that to me when I had called him to explain what was going on. He was like, "Well, you should have waited a couple of months to send in the form!" He's lucky he was 4,000 miles away or else I would've hit him upside the head. If I would've known better I would've done better, obviously.

Yup. My friend just filed for her parents last November, and is already teasing me that with the way things are going, she might have hers earlier than mine. I said she should be glad she's my friend, or else I could have given her an uppercut. It would be nice playing on a level-field though, not like what they did to us.

Yup. My friend just filed for her parents last November, and is already teasing me that with the way things are going, she might have hers earlier than mine. I said she should be glad she's my friend, or else I could have given her an uppercut. It would be nice playing on a level-field though, not like what they did to us.

The annoying thing is, we have actually PAID for this service, and as such, are customers. It is totally wrong for the petitions to be processed out of order. I wonder if we'll get a partial refund?blush.gif

04/2010 - Marriage in Weirsdale, Florida

USCIS

07-07-2010 Filed I-130 - K3

07-12-2010 Priority date

07-23-2010 NOA1 (California Service Centre)

11-03-2010 Transfer to Texas Service Centre

01-24-2011 NOA2 NVC

02-26-2011 Case #

02-28-2011 Docs delivered to NVC

03-06-2011 NVC received docs

03-06-2011 NVC SIF & Expedite approved

04-06-2011 Medical exam - Failed (bad cold - shadow on lung)

06-13-2011 2nd Medical exam - Passed

06-22-2011 Interview at London Embassy - denied due to previous overstay (3 year bar)

07-06-2011 I 601 Waiver accepted at London

07-19-2011 MP & Senator wrote to US Embassy to request expedite

08-13-2011 I 601 approved!

08-22-2011 Visa delivered

09-07-2011 POE Orlando - took 20 minutes to be admitted

I-751

08-15-2013 I-751 Received by Vermont service center

08-21-2013 I-751 Application check cashed

08-22-2013 I-751 NOA1 received dated 08-16-2013

Timeline

The annoying thing is, we have actually PAID for this service, and as such, are customers. It is totally wrong for the petitions to be processed out of order. I wonder if we'll get a partial refund?blush.gif

WE WISH!!! But as it is, just give us our NOA2 NOW, and then we can sleep for a little while, and hopefully have a better experience with NVC..Wishful thinking..But hey, that's all we can do, rather than really eventually go nuttttsss!!

Let's support each other through this..hopefully we can all come out of this still physically capable of hurdling NVC.

WE WISH!!! But as it is, just give us our NOA2 NOW, and then we can sleep for a little while, and hopefully have a better experience with NVC..Wishful thinking..But hey, that's all we can do, rather than really eventually go nuttttsss!!

Let's support each other through this..hopefully we can all come out of this still physically capable of hurdling NVC.

W gotta stay positive! And I'm saying this as a lifelong pessimist!

yeMBfha.jpg

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Definitely.

And is it just me or has the number of people who post on this thread tapered off quite a bit in the last month? I think people are losing hope. I know I am...just a little bit every day...

For what it's worth, I'm still here! :thumbs:

I just haven't been saying much because I have the same sentiments/concerns/frustrations as you guys who are actively posting. Needless to say, my thoughts/prayers are with all of us.

USCIS - 203 days

08/09/2010: NOA1 (I-130) Received text & email with case number

02/28/2011: Received NOA2 hard copies of approval for I130 and I129F

NVC

03/02/2011: NVC Case Number Assigned, received IIN #

06/06/2011: AOS and IV received at NVC

06/21/2011: NVC Case Complete

08/24/2011: Embassy Interview

09/14/2011: Visa granted

09/18/2011: POE Houston!!!

Total time from beginning to end: 406 days (1 year, 1 month, 10 days)

Timeline

W gotta stay positive! And I'm saying this as a lifelong pessimist!

We gotta stay positive, gurl..what else can we do..? Told you I'm on the verge..Thinking positive, but the heart a pessimist..Come on, USCIS!! Here us out!

Timeline

For what it's worth, I'm still here! :thumbs:

I just haven't been saying much because I have the same sentiments/concerns/frustrations as you guys who are actively posting. Needless to say, my thoughts/prayers are with all of us.

Celldoc, you're back!

Got my reply from USCIS to my SR not really sure what the heck it means lol. No time frame at all.

The status of this service request is:

On 12/16/2010 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:

-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:

-- Information not available

Case type:

-- I130

Filing date:

-- 07/01/2010

Receipt #:

--

Referral ID:

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

Type of service requested:

-- Outside Normal Processing Times

Thank you for contacting our office. We have received your application from the Western Service Center of USCIS. After we update our database, your application will be assigned to an officer. You will receive a decision or notice of other action once processing is complete.

Officer XM0150

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must submit Form AR-11 AND notify this office of their change of address, within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). To notify this office of a move, visit our website at: www.uscis.gov or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. The Form AR-11 can be downloaded from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. Instructions for filing the Form AR-11, including mailing instructions, are included on the Form.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Got my reply from USCIS to my SR not really sure what the heck it means lol. No time frame at all.

On 12/16/2010 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:

-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:

Case type:

-- I130

Filing date:

-- 07/01/2010

Receipt #:

--

Referral ID:

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

Type of service requested:

-- Outside Normal Processing Times

Thank you for contacting our office. We have received your application from the Western Service Center of USCIS. After we update our database, your application will be assigned to an officer. You will receive a decision or notice of other action once processing is complete.

Officer XM0150

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must submit Form AR-11 AND notify this office of their change of address, within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). To notify this office of a move, visit our website at: www.uscis.gov or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. The Form AR-11 can be downloaded from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. Instructions for filing the Form AR-11, including mailing instructions, are included on the Form.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Thanks for posting this. Did the agent also tell you when you called that they should be contacting you within 30 days of the call?

yeMBfha.jpg

Yes when i filed the SR they said wait up to 30 days. Took maybe 12 days to hear back and that sounds about normal. That reply sounds as if my case hadn't even been looked at yet =/ but it does give me an officer id that will doing it i think. Wonder how long it takes them to update there database lol.

Edited by dvs98

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I follow this thread even though I wasnt transfered to TCS from CSC. I was instead sent to OPFO from CSC, same difference. They are a bunch on snails as well. We are still waiting for our NOA2 since June 2010 transfer date, NOA1 February 2010.

Some have lost their hope. What helps me is coming on here VJ, reading the sad or funny posts, calling USCIS, calling Senator Nelson's office and keeping close communication with my husband. Its all keeps me busy. Maybe too busy instead of working (dont tell my boss).

Inshallah, we will all receive good news after the New Years.

Edited by Wendy<3Ahmed

Definitely.

And is it just me or has the number of people who post on this thread tapered off quite a bit in the last month? I think people are losing hope. I know I am...just a little bit every day...

IDK about others but for awhile now i just pop in every few days and check only the july filers and this thread to see if anyone has good news.

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Hello all,

Well, I had a pretty good experience with USCIS today, our processing date has already come and gone. We were due on December 9, but with everyone else we were transferred to the Texas Service Center.

I called the National Service Center today, and of course because of the transfer, the Tier 1 rep couldn't help me to much with the detail, except to tell me that I needed to wait until January 2,2011. He did contact a Tier 2 rep to see if they could submit a SR for me, and of course he could not do anything for me. After explaining to them the situation, and being very polite and nice, they transferred me to a Tier 2 Rep. After the 14 minute wait I was able to speak to the Tier 2 rep.

The Tier 2 rep, took the information that I had, and we chatted a little. She did explain that I did need to wait for the 60 days to pass before I should be calling. But she did manage to submit a SR for me, with a new number to find out what is going on with the case. She also explained a few more things that I did not realize about USCIS, in regards to there processing. My eyes were opened as we had a 20 minute chat about how things really did work at USCIS, and it's made me a little more paitent with there process.

The rep explained to me, that sometimes it is not the USCIS that is holding up the process, it can be the checks they are doing and the fact that there can be a delay, thanks to the employers not returning the information in a timely manner. So be paitent in this holiday season, as we all have loved ones that are waiting too.

She did provide me with a Service Request number, to follow up with the USCIS in 7 days. I know that is still next year, but at least with talking to them, and hearing the explanations, and getting the follow up SR #, I feel better today. So hopefully next week, I can post up something more then what I have.

Keep yer chins up everyone,

Thomas

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage (if applicable):2010-01-21

I-130 Sent : 2010-07-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-07-09

I-130 Approved :2011-02-09

NVC Received : 2011-02-15

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-02-17

Pay I-864 Bill: 2011-04-29

Receive I-864 Package : 2011-04-29

Return Completed I-864 :2012-03-02

Return Completed DS-3032 :

Receive IV Bill :2011-02-15

Pay IV Bill :2012-03-15

Receive Instruction Package :2012-03-18

Case Completed at NVC :2012-05-03

NVC Left : 2012-05-03

Interview Date : 2012-06-06

Interview Completed: 2012-06-06 Status: APPROVED!

It has taken 698 days from your I-130 to your Interview...

Hello all,

Well, I had a pretty good experience with USCIS today, our processing date has already come and gone. We were due on December 9, but with everyone else we were transferred to the Texas Service Center.

I called the National Service Center today, and of course because of the transfer, the Tier 1 rep couldn't help me to much with the detail, except to tell me that I needed to wait until January 2,2011. He did contact a Tier 2 rep to see if they could submit a SR for me, and of course he could not do anything for me. After explaining to them the situation, and being very polite and nice, they transferred me to a Tier 2 Rep. After the 14 minute wait I was able to speak to the Tier 2 rep.

The Tier 2 rep, took the information that I had, and we chatted a little. She did explain that I did need to wait for the 60 days to pass before I should be calling. But she did manage to submit a SR for me, with a new number to find out what is going on with the case. She also explained a few more things that I did not realize about USCIS, in regards to there processing. My eyes were opened as we had a 20 minute chat about how things really did work at USCIS, and it's made me a little more paitent with there process.

The rep explained to me, that sometimes it is not the USCIS that is holding up the process, it can be the checks they are doing and the fact that there can be a delay, thanks to the employers not returning the information in a timely manner. So be paitent in this holiday season, as we all have loved ones that are waiting too.

She did provide me with a Service Request number, to follow up with the USCIS in 7 days. I know that is still next year, but at least with talking to them, and hearing the explanations, and getting the follow up SR #, I feel better today. So hopefully next week, I can post up something more then what I have.

Thomas

Peace and good luck to you!

04/2010 - Marriage in Weirsdale, Florida

USCIS

07-07-2010 Filed I-130 - K3

07-12-2010 Priority date

07-23-2010 NOA1 (California Service Centre)

11-03-2010 Transfer to Texas Service Centre

01-24-2011 NOA2 NVC

02-26-2011 Case #

02-28-2011 Docs delivered to NVC

03-06-2011 NVC received docs

03-06-2011 NVC SIF & Expedite approved

04-06-2011 Medical exam - Failed (bad cold - shadow on lung)

06-13-2011 2nd Medical exam - Passed

06-22-2011 Interview at London Embassy - denied due to previous overstay (3 year bar)

07-06-2011 I 601 Waiver accepted at London

07-19-2011 MP & Senator wrote to US Embassy to request expedite

08-13-2011 I 601 approved!

08-22-2011 Visa delivered

09-07-2011 POE Orlando - took 20 minutes to be admitted

I-751

08-15-2013 I-751 Received by Vermont service center

08-21-2013 I-751 Application check cashed

08-22-2013 I-751 NOA1 received dated 08-16-2013

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hello all,

Thomas

Hi Thomas, many thanks for sharing your experience! What the Tier 2 rep told you basically confirms my suspicions. I would like to think that the USCIS begins work on cases in the order they are received, however like you were informed, each individual applicant has a unique background that needs to be checked. Part of the checking process perhaps involves contacting prior employers and landlords, and so there are a number of potential rate-limiting steps.

Thanks again for the info- cheers and all the best to all of us! :thumbs:

Edited by celldoc

USCIS - 203 days

08/09/2010: NOA1 (I-130) Received text & email with case number

02/28/2011: Received NOA2 hard copies of approval for I130 and I129F

NVC

03/02/2011: NVC Case Number Assigned, received IIN #

06/06/2011: AOS and IV received at NVC

06/21/2011: NVC Case Complete

08/24/2011: Embassy Interview

09/14/2011: Visa granted

09/18/2011: POE Houston!!!

Total time from beginning to end: 406 days (1 year, 1 month, 10 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.