Rickey

California Service Center To Texas Service Center

5,981 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi. Wondering what an SR means..sorry guys if I sound dumb.

We are August filers for our kids, and got transferred to the farms in November, too. Trying to be cool in the midst of the holidays...

quote name='dvs98' timestamp='1292885992' post='4361880']

My priority date is June 28th and NOA1 was July 1. They put in a SR for me due to it being out of processing time and the only thing the person i talked to cared about was the NOA 1 date and not the transfer dates. Or if a SR really even does anything. So who knows whats really true lol.

Lol no worries i didn't even know what it was until that day i called them. Service request i guess they give them some kind of notice that it's overdue and needs to be looked at but like i said who knows if it actually does anything for you. I haven't ever done this before so all new to me. She also said that they have 30 days to respond and on the first day after the 30 i call back and it gets even further escalated and not to wait any longer than the 30 days either she like stressed the next day after 30 call back if no response. Waiting another 30 days is def not appealing at all already feels like its been ages :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Sorry, but not sure I understand your note correctly. So, did you hear anything within those 30 days after submitted service request, or are in the next 30 days of waiting and you have never heard back anything regarding your case status?

I've submitted my SR and received a letter from TSC directly telling me they 'are actively working on my case'. That's all. And the letter came about 12 days after submitting SR.

Well that would be it then whole lot of nothing lol. Thanks i wasn't really sure what it did all i know was a service request she said they would contact me. She also said she would make a note in it that my case was out of processing time that's all really. Oh and yes i still have many days to go for a response from them and if i don not hear back that's when i call so i probably will get same thing you did :(

Edited by dvs98

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Why didn't CSC transfer the August/Sept filings to TSC if there was going to be a 90-day delay as a result of transfer and continue working on the June/July themselves? It seems that would have made too much sense.

ALL AUGUST NOA1s GOT TRANSFERRED TO TEXAS!!! I AM AN AUGUST FILER WITH AN AUGUST 18 NOA1. I GOT TRANSFERRED AS EVERYONE ELSE DID! I HOPE ALL JULY FILERS GET APPROVED BEFORE ME!!! I THINK ITS NOT RIGHT THAT PEOPLE WHO FILED AFTER US GOT APPROVED BUT I AM H-A-P-P-Y FOR THEM!!! I HOPE EVERYONE GETS APPROVED SOON!!

SORRY FOR THE CAPS. AND FOR YOUR INFO I BELIEVE JUNE NOA1s DID NOT GET TRANSFERRED TO TEXAS. I THINK ONLY JULY AND AUGUST GOT TRANSFERRED.

WHY DO A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK AUGUST DID NOT GET TRANSFERRED????? :angry::angry::angry:

USCIS (204 days)

08-05-10: I-130 package sent USPS Express

08-06-10: Package delivered in Chicago (Received Date) (Priority Date)

08-18-2010: NOA1 (Notice Date) Received text & email with case number, Check Cashed

08-21-10: Hardcopy NOA1

11-02-10 Case Transferred from CSC to TSC

11-03-10 Hardcopy Transfer to TSC Notice

11-24-10 Transferred TSC to USCIS Office

02-14-11 Received e-mail & text for RFE

02-18-11 Hard Copy RFE

02-28-11 Mailed RFE overnight

03-03-11 RFE received by TSC

03-10-2011 NOA2 Approved

03-16-11 TSC mailed package to NVC

03-17-11 Hard Copy NOA2

03-18-01 NVC Received package

NVC (Electronic Processing) (87 days)

03-18-2011 Case number assigned, OPTIN e-mailed

03-21-11 Gave e-mails; received IID# BID#; Submitted DS-261

03-22-11 AOS Invoiced, Sent AOS Payment

03-23-11 AOS shows PAID, e-mailed AOS Package

03-25-11 IV Invoiced, Sent IV Payment

03-28-11 IV Shows PAID

03-30-11 Completed DS-260

04-07-11 OPTIN Accepted; AOS Package resent

04-18-11 Submitted Supporting Documents for IV

04-19-11 Received RFE for AOS

04-23-11 Received False RFE for Missing IV

05-02-11 E-mailed AOS RFE

05-06-11 Resent IV

05-23-11 False RFE for Missing AOS RFE; Resent AOS RFE

06-10-11 SIF

06-13-11 Case Complete

Consulate/Medical

06-14-11 Interview Scheduled for 07-18-11

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Well that would be it then whole lot of nothing lol. Thanks i wasn't really sure what it did all i know was a service request she said they would contact me. She also said she would make a note in it that my case was out of processing time that's all really. Oh and yes i still have many days to go for a response from them and if i don not hear back that's when i call so i probably will get same thing you did :(

Service Request??? Doesn't make any sense to me at all. So what do they do? Do they sit around drinkng coffee until some service request is stuck under their nose. And then do they put that ahead of some poor soul that has been waiting longer than the one who called asking for the SR? As if they don't know that they have people waiting and the order of things??? What insanity.

Personal Info:

flew to Indonesia in Feb. 2010 for 2 weeks

back to Jakarta on June 15 to prepare for:

Marriage on July 4, 2010 in Semarang, Java

120 Indonesian relatives at garden restaurant reception

USCIS:

08/06/2010 *I-130 NOA1

11/03/2010 *CSC to TSC

01/25/2011 *I-130 NOA2

02/17/2011 *shipped to NVC

02/24/2011 *received by NVC, Case # generated

02/25/2011 *2 emails from NVC - DS3032 emailed to NVC and AOS bill paid

02/28/2011 *AOS cover sheet generated

03/02/2011 *sent AOS

03/03/2011 *IV bill generated and paid

03/12/2011 *IV packet sent

03/16/2011 *IV packet received by NVC

03/28/2011 *SIF

03/29/2011 *CC

04/12/2011 *Embassy Interview 05/04/2011 8am

05/04/2011 *Visa approved (< 5 min interview)

05/09/2011 *picked up Visa

05/14/2011 *POE Seattle

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I called USCIS today (monday) the operator did same thing with me put a note on my case for TSC that my case was out of processing time and she gave me a reference number and told me to wait 30 days for the reply . And in the mean time i wrote a letter and send a privacy release form to my senator miss barbara boxer lets see what she does and what my service request going to do ,since i have a feeling i wont be approved until january :( lets hope for the best.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I called USCIS today (monday) the operator did same thing with me put a note on my case for TSC that my case was out of processing time and she gave me a reference number and told me to wait 30 days for the reply . And in the mean time i wrote a letter and send a privacy release form to my senator miss barbara boxer lets see what she does and what my service request going to do ,since i have a feeling i wont be approved until january :( lets hope for the best.

Yes its late you could possibly still be approved but likely not until

after the NEW YEAR. Good luck Senators are taking a week or two to reply back

about Visa checks.

Good Luck

Service Request??? Doesn't make any sense to me at all. So what do they do? Do they sit around drinkng coffee until some service request is stuck under their nose. And then do they put that ahead of some poor soul that has been waiting longer than the one who called asking for the SR? As if they don't know that they have people waiting and the order of things??? What insanity.

Well i only got it because im out of processing by like 3 weeks

I need you guys' opinions: My 5 months mark is on 12/24 and I am planning on mailing out a letter to a senator on the 27th. Is that a good idea or should I wait a bit? I'm assuming I won't get a response from his office until a few weeks into January, anyway...

Thoughts?

yeMBfha.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Next Time! hahaha

Think I will just be a good husband so I never have to do this again.

:rofl: HAHAHA AGREED! GOOD ONE! YOU JUST MADE MY DAY! :thumbs:

Edited by JamesandRosa

USCIS: I-130

Priority Date- July 1st

I-130 Hardcopy- July 15th

Transfered from CSC to TSC- November 2nd

I-130 sent to "USCIS Office"- November 24th

Touched- November 26, 28 and 29

Touched Feb. 9th

I-130 transfered back to CSC from TSC- Feb. 10th

Transfered to "USCIS" office again- Feb. 10th

Touched- Feb. 11th

APPROVED FINALLY!- FEB. 15th!

Touched- Feb. 26 and 28th

NVC: NVC

Case Number- March 2nd(automated Voice system)

NVC Invoice Number- March 3rd

All NVC fees paid- March 4th

All NVC fee transactions complete- March 7th (pretty much nxt day, except it was a weekend so we had to wait for them to go threw on Monday)

Submitted all documents- March 8th

All documents recieved and processed- March 11th

Case at NVC COMPLETE- March 17th

US Councel in Juarez:

Recieved all documents-

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

The system is broken, whether your time is up or not. 5 months is too long and the transfer was mishandled. You have a right to let your Senators know immediately.

I need you guys' opinions: My 5 months mark is on 12/24 and I am planning on mailing out a letter to a senator on the 27th. Is that a good idea or should I wait a bit? I'm assuming I won't get a response from his office until a few weeks into January, anyway...

Thoughts?

07-20-2010 NOA1

02-11-2011 NOA2

03-09-2011 Sent both packages to NVC

03-28-2011 Case complete

03-31-2011 Expedite Request Sent

s-event.png

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

DVS98: Oh, I didn't mean that you shouldn't get the SR. I will do it myself. I just meant that it shouldn't have to be that way on the part of the USCIS. I think that they creat an artificial backlog. ie, if they think that the "normal" wait time is 5 months, then human nature tells me that they sit on their laurels until close to that time thus creating a backlog. CSC should not have sent away that many petitions to the TSC (June, July, August)! And at this point, they should be taking some back. Of course they won't, because that would be embarrasing for them.

Personal Info:

flew to Indonesia in Feb. 2010 for 2 weeks

back to Jakarta on June 15 to prepare for:

Marriage on July 4, 2010 in Semarang, Java

120 Indonesian relatives at garden restaurant reception

USCIS:

08/06/2010 *I-130 NOA1

11/03/2010 *CSC to TSC

01/25/2011 *I-130 NOA2

02/17/2011 *shipped to NVC

02/24/2011 *received by NVC, Case # generated

02/25/2011 *2 emails from NVC - DS3032 emailed to NVC and AOS bill paid

02/28/2011 *AOS cover sheet generated

03/02/2011 *sent AOS

03/03/2011 *IV bill generated and paid

03/12/2011 *IV packet sent

03/16/2011 *IV packet received by NVC

03/28/2011 *SIF

03/29/2011 *CC

04/12/2011 *Embassy Interview 05/04/2011 8am

05/04/2011 *Visa approved (< 5 min interview)

05/09/2011 *picked up Visa

05/14/2011 *POE Seattle

The system is broken, whether your time is up or not. 5 months is too long and the transfer was mishandled. You have a right to let your Senators know immediately.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking.

yeMBfha.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mongolia
Timeline

DVS98: Oh, I didn't mean that you shouldn't get the SR. I will do it myself. I just meant that it shouldn't have to be that way on the part of the USCIS. I think that they creat an artificial backlog. ie, if they think that the "normal" wait time is 5 months, then human nature tells me that they sit on their laurels until close to that time thus creating a backlog. CSC should not have sent away that many petitions to the TSC (June, July, August)! And at this point, they should be taking some back. Of course they won't, because that would be embarrasing for them.

I am sure that is pretty accurate, but I am not sure what laurels most of them have to rest on. That kind of implies that they have done something at some point to earn some Laurels. More than likely they are sitting in their cubicles on their a$$es eating cheetos and drinking snapple while texting or online gaming. But yes, they are pacing themselves. they are after all public service employees, not private sector employees, so the standards of effort and efficiency get thrown out the window, the sense of competition and initiative are quashed. the threat of censure or termination are all but non-existant. I certainly do not want to insult anyone for simply being a public sector worker, but if anyone is working any less hard than someone has to work in the private sector, especially when peoples lives, livelihoods and love are being put on hold, Shame on you. Wonder how much more efficient this could be if USCIS was run in the private sector?

th_Untitled-3.jpg?t=1294114030

03/2008--Met while working together in Mongolia
06/21/10--Married in Ulaanbaatar on the Summer solstice
USCIS
09/06/10--I-130 package mailed to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
12/14/10--NOA2 hardcopy rec'd, Dec 09 notice date<APPROVED>86 Days
NVC
12/22/10-NVC / IIN Number issued, AOS bill paid
12/26/10-DS-3032 emailed
January4............IV bill paid, discovered error by preparer
USCIS ROUND 2
01/04/11-- I-130 package for stepson sent express with expedite plea
01/11/11---Congressional expedite plea lodged with USCIS
01/20/11--- Notice date, APPROVED 14 days
NVC ROUND 2
01/26/11--- NVC/IIN Numbers issued, DS-3032 Emailed
02/07/11--- AOS/IV packages fedexed to NVC
02/24/11--- Both Cases Completed at NVC
CONSULAR
04/27/11--- Interview passed
05/29/11--- POE ORD
08/2011--- I-551s arrive

heart.gif NEW YEAR'S EVE 2011, WE WELCOME OUR BABY GIRL TO THE FAMILYheart.gif

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

04/18/13--- I-751 mailed

09/25/13---ROC approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.