Rickey

California Service Center To Texas Service Center

5,981 posts in this topic

Are approvals only coming after midnight Eastern Time? Or do they come at different times of the day also?

It varies- some have gotten them in late afternoon and early evening.

yeMBfha.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just wanted to let everyone know that i just got off the phone with the senator's office and they told me they had put "congressional interest" on the case adn received a reply from the service center saying they would have a decision within 2-3 days! This is the best news i have heard in months. If you are getting a politician involved, ask them about "congressional interest."

It's called a CongrInt, by law they have to respond within 72 hrs if i recall correctly. I had to deal with these from time to time when I was in the Marine Corps.

Edited by SqdnGuns

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Finally approved!!!!!!!!!

It came after midnight, 12.17am

Priority date : July 08th, 2010

transfer to texas: Nov. 2nd, 2010

Approved Jan. 26th, 2011

6 months and 18 days

Congrats!

07/19/10: I-130 mailed

USCIS

07/21/2010: Priority Date

07/29/2010: Check cashed

08/03/2010: NOA1 hard copy received

11/03/2010: Case transferred from CSC to TSC

2/7/2011: NOA2 approved

2/9/2011: NOA2 updated online

2/12/2011: NOA2 hardcopy received

NVC

2/15/2011 - NVC Case # assigned - e-mail ids given

2/16/2010- AOS Fee bill generated - AOS fee paid online - status - in process - e-mailed DS 3032

2/17/2011 - AOS Fee - Status - PAID

2/18/2011 - DS 3032 accepted

2/20/2011 - IV Bill generated - IV fee paid online - Status - In process

2/21/2011 - AOS package overnight mail sent

2/24/2011 - IV Bill - Status - PAID

3/02/2011 - IV Package Sent

3/03/2011 - IV Package delivered

3/08/2011 - AOS entered into the system - Also received a false RFE for IV package

3/23/2011 - RFE generated

3/25/2011 - SIF and CC

5/4 - 5/5 - Medical

5/6 - VFS Office Visit

5/24/2011 - Interview-passed

5/26/2011 - Passport and Sealed Envelope collected from VFS Office

6/18/2011 - POE - arrived safely

6/28/2011 - SSN received

7/16/2011 - Received Welcome letter

7/22/2011 - GC received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am so stunned regarding the whole process.My priority date is July 05, 2010 and I have not heard anything regarding my case. When I called USCIS, I was told that my case is forwarded to officer for adjuntion. I emailed USCIS and barbara several times, and no response at all. I filed as soon as I could so that I could be with my wife soon. But wat a irony? I have no idea about what I should do for my case to get approved? I have no bad feelings for other who have been approved who has priority date later than me? But I feel really bad to be dumped and life spoiled by few number of people who has no concern at all for us. I am getting frustrated every single moments.

I realized that late June and early July filers don't get approved recently and was saying to my self that they are rolling dice at TSC. I was shocked when I wake up this morning and saw the text message on my phone (send just after midnight), then I check my email and it said

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On January 26, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283. For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

May be I am one of the lucky ones. This should not be about luck, they should process them in the order received. TSC is in a mess.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yes, they should process them in the order received and they just might be doing this. Depending on the level of competence of the individual assigned a case load may explain why approvals are scattered as well as some cases do require a bit more attention then others.

Personally, I see my case as pretty straightforward. Married 2+ years, wife resided here in US for a time, our son was born here, I nor has she been on "America's Most Wanted" or "Cops".

We were approved for an expedite due to our sons health issues while in Thailand with my wife, blah blah blah.......I see no logic as to what the hell is going on.

I have always said, they need former and/or retired Military personnel to run some of these agencies, they would kick some #### and take names, at least I would. I have no patience for inefficient and incompetent employees.

If I don't get an approval by tonight, I have no idea what I may end up doing. Maybe I will pitch a tent out in front of the CSC In Laguna Niguel, about 20 minutes from my home, call the press, maybe that will get some attention?

I just wanted to let everyone know that i just got off the phone with the senator's office and they told me they had put "congressional interest" on the case adn received a reply from the service center saying they would have a decision within 2-3 days! This is the best news i have heard in months. If you are getting a politician involved, ask them about "congressional interest."

Did you expedite because of the medical reasons for congrestional interest? I called my congressman regarding that, and she told me there are 36000 cases transferred to TSC and she can not expedite unless I am dying or I am in military. Did you ask for congrestional interest and what reasons you gave? Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Did you expedite because of the medical reasons for congrestional interest? I called my congressman regarding that, and she told me there are 36000 cases transferred to TSC and she can not expedite unless I am dying or I am in military. Did you ask for congrestional interest and what reasons you gave? Thanks

I did not expedite because of medical interest. I have a 7 month old son that hasnt seen his father since he was 1 month old. I got lucky i guess because they offered to help and decided to do the "congressional interest" on their own. I had an approved expedite from December 17th that never made a difference so they took hold of the situation. Best of luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

there is no order whatsoever...with 35000 petitions, can you really expect them to be processing them by the date? All they want is to get them off of their desk, and rightfully so. Being approved is like winning the lottery, its all just luck at this point. You could be the first or you could be the last. Of course I didn't expect to wait 7 + months for my NOA2, but it happened and there is no turning back. You need to be prepared to be disappointed during this process, and your original time line that you had in mind (I was thinking possibly my wife would be with me for Christmas, now I am just hoping for June) is probably far off by now. Good luck to all, may you win the jackpot soon.

Also, big congrats to the people that were approved...I have nothing against you, it was all just luck that you were approved and I am happy that your lives will carry on! Have we had a successful transfer to NVC besides Gnasher?

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

there is no order whatsoever...with 35000 petitions, can you really expect them to be processing them by the date? All they want is to get them off of their desk, and rightfully so. Being approved is like winning the lottery, its all just luck at this point. You could be the first or you could be the last.

makes complete sense. :thumbs:

good luck to you. hope you win the lottery soon. :thumbs:

and best of luck to all of us.

NVC

4/14/2011: NVC RECEIVED-NO CASE NUMBER YET

4/19/2011: CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

4/21/2011: AOS BILL PAID

5/04/2011: IV BILL GENERATED AND PAID

5/11/2011: AOS & IV PACKET SENT

5/13/2011: NVC RECEIVED

5/24/2011: RFE

5/25/2011: RFE SENT

6/02/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 1

6/03/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 2 PASSED

6/08/2011: SIF

6/09/2011: CC

7/15/2011: 2 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

8/03/2011: INTERVIEW

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

send an e-mail to TSC.Ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

you will first get an auto reply than an official reply approx 3 days later

edit: mention that it has fallen outside processing times

Thank you. Should my husband (USC) send this email instead of myself?

Chantéa's USCIS Journey:

2010 Jul 17 -- Filed I-130

2010 Aug 4 -- NOA 1

2010 Aug 9 -- NOA 1 Hardcopy

2010 Nov 2 -- Transferred from CSC to TSC

2010 Nov 24--Touched

2011 Feb 9 -- Touched

2011 Feb 10--Transferred BACK to CSC *rolls eyes*

2011 Feb 11-- Touched AGAIN (uscis office)

2011 Feb 25--email notification of APPROVAL!!!! (Thank ya Jesus)

2011 Mar 3--NOA2 Hardcopy

Your I-130 was approved in 205 days from your NOA1 date.

Chantéa's NVC Journey:

2011 Mar 8--received case # dated Mar 7, sent OPTIN email for electronic processing with attached DS-3032 form.

2011 Mar 9--received IIN and Beneficiary ID #, AOS bill invoiced/paid, submitted DS-261 (Choice of Agent)

2011 Mar 11--AOS bill shows as PAID and IV bill invoiced

2011 Mar 14--paid IV bill

2011 Mar 16-- IV bill shows as PAID

2011 Apr 11--submitted AOS and IV package and resent OPTIN email

2011 Apr 12--received OPTIN acceptance email

2011 Apr 13--received email notifying that my AOS and IV package was received

2011 May 4--received RFE email

2011 May 5--resent both packages

2011 May 14--received RFE email

2011 May 30--sent in missing document

2011 June 6--received CC email (Case Complete) and SIF (Sign in Failed)

2011 June 14-- interview date assigned for July 20!!

2011 Jul 11--Medical at Dr. Seiden & Associates

2011 Jul 20-- The big day

It's called a CongrInt, by law they have to respond within 72 hrs if i recall correctly. I had to deal with these from time to time when I was in the Marine Corps.

i guess i got screwed there too

i was told 30-45 days :(

Yes, they should process them in the order received and they just might be doing this. Depending on the level of competence of the individual assigned a case load may explain why approvals are scattered as well as some cases do require a bit more attention then others.

Personally, I see my case as pretty straightforward. Married 2+ years, wife resided here in US for a time, our son was born here, I nor has she been on "America's Most Wanted" or "Cops".

We were approved for an expedite due to our sons health issues while in Thailand with my wife, blah blah blah.......I see no logic as to what the hell is going on.

I have always said, they need former and/or retired Military personnel to run some of these agencies, they would kick some #### and take names, at least I would. I have no patience for inefficient and incompetent employees.

If I don't get an approval by tonight, I have no idea what I may end up doing. Maybe I will pitch a tent out in front of the CSC In Laguna Niguel, about 20 minutes from my home, call the press, maybe that will get some attention?

yes i'm one of those as well, if the work isnt getting done i just do it myself, but in this case i cant :(

i guess i screwed up when i was in ER and they told me i needed emergency surgery in an hour... i should have walked out and went home and filed for emergency paperwork for my husband to come here instead, perhaps he might have gotten here before i died.

i'll remember that for next medical emergency

---------

as for the "cops" thing... maybe if our spouses were haitian convicts they could be out on the street right now free!

Edited by nab

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys so I finaly got an email response from officer Carol 2day after 2 weeks! It said our case was under review.... hmmm well i expect an approval 2day because its 30 days since our SR!

USCIS: I-130

Priority Date- July 1st

I-130 Hardcopy- July 15th

Transfered from CSC to TSC- November 2nd

I-130 sent to "USCIS Office"- November 24th

Touched- November 26, 28 and 29

Touched Feb. 9th

I-130 transfered back to CSC from TSC- Feb. 10th

Transfered to "USCIS" office again- Feb. 10th

Touched- Feb. 11th

APPROVED FINALLY!- FEB. 15th!

Touched- Feb. 26 and 28th

NVC: NVC

Case Number- March 2nd(automated Voice system)

NVC Invoice Number- March 3rd

All NVC fees paid- March 4th

All NVC fee transactions complete- March 7th (pretty much nxt day, except it was a weekend so we had to wait for them to go threw on Monday)

Submitted all documents- March 8th

All documents recieved and processed- March 11th

Case at NVC COMPLETE- March 17th

US Councel in Juarez:

Recieved all documents-

Yet another day with no update or text or email. Being being very patience here.

i left patience when i saw other july filers got approved back in september

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.