Rickey

California Service Center To Texas Service Center

5,981 posts in this topic

i'm amazed, phone rang, i'm in middle of trying to unclog a now 3 day clogged drain and i'm PISSED, tired, sweaty, and ANGRY and answering like a rabid dog... but i dont dare NOT answer in case it's congressman's office, DH (dear husband), some azz at USCIS (by a miracle), or who knows...

poor guy at other end sounds like i'm going to eat him up says ":unsure: Mrs ....??? " i bark at him "who's calling??" :devil: i dont like people now, have i mentioned that recently? :P

by end of calling i am thanking him for everything from giving me break from trying to unclog the drain to giving me a late birthday present.

he was calling from my phone company and saw i had been making even more than the normal phone calls recently (which is a lot normally even though we usually have free internet calls)... my phone bill would have been about 6x more than normal (NOT a good thing when you are in a terrible financial strain as it is) but my husband has his internet shut off now. long story but the assault on our relationship was there for a long time but full assault began in October and now he has no internet and we've resorted completely to calls. so this is a God-send. Amazing!

oh, didn't tell you what he was calling to tell me he had for me! $10 add-on to my plan so i can have UNLIMITED CALLS to Pakistan instead of the $19.99 for 500 minutes. i tell you, THAT made having a crappy birthday, crappy new years... that is something my ###### BIL and MIL can CHOKE on! i know they will turn ringers off and hang up on me like they do :lol::D but we will get times set so he will check phones and he can even get his own phone to plug in to the jack if he has to and carry the thing around with him :P worse case scenario he can even go get a cell phone of his own (they share) and i can call it when there is issue with home phone (there is only a .01 surcharge for calling cellphones).

i tell you, when it feels like everyone is against us, that call was like a ray of sunshine.

speaking of bills...

for those having hard time with bills, check EACH charge... i noticed on my electric bill (we're all electric here) that they charged me an $86 charge for a "deposit" (i'm not new here, been here for 12yrs!!!)

i almost didnt notice it except that my bill was so large so looked it over more closely, it was added in with the other basic charges and didnt stand out at all, if i had not been looking for something out of the ordinary (guess they thought they could slip in in because of high winter bills and even when i called them they said last year your bill was close to this amount till i pointed out this specific amount). told them i refused to pay it and would not pay any interest/late fees or any fees associated with not paying it as well (which she assured me would not happen, that they could not charge any type fee on it) and told her i was offended they tried to sneak that in on me like that at a time when i was already having a hard enough time trying to pay my bills!

she spoke to a supervisor and they removed that deposit fee, but folks be careful and watch your bills closely... companies are resorting to sneaky dirty tactics to make money because this was a large electric company, if they would do that what will smaller less ethical companies do??!

i was very pleased with my telephone company because until we began having to rely completely on phone we had considered cutting our phones and using internet completely so at a time when our phone company could have nailed us for several hundred $ they instead called us and offered us a HUGE savings. i am MOST grateful!!!

it is the World Plan Unlimited through Frontier... they bought out Verizon here last year... Verizon used to have that plan BEFORE but by time i decided to go with it they had cancelled it :(

i hope it is not a mistake but i aksed the guy if he was SURE it covered Pakistan - yes he was sure. he was sure it is unlimited. he was sure it is only $10 more. he was sure about everything i asked (because of not being able to get it through verizon previously i knew many things to ask so am hoping this was not an error!)

is it possible the tide is turning in our favor? :luv:

Edited by nab

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You and me have exactly same dates..

Wow,,,cool! Mexican esposa too! Your marriage date wasn't the same also,,,was it?

USCIS Journey (223 days):

03/31/10: Married mi hermosa angelito!

07/14/10: Notice Date (NOA1)

11/02/10: Transfer Notice (moved to TSC)

11/29/10: Touch

02/17/11: Received e-mail update - Transferring back to CSC

02/23/11: Approval!!/Post Decision Activity

03/01/11: Received hard-copy NOA2 for cases. Has been forwarded to the Dept. of State NVC!

03/09/11: Case(s) at NVC!

NVC Process (78 days)

03/10/11: Case #'s assigned! Woot!

03/31/11: 1 year wedding anniversary!

04/20/11: Attorney submitting IV application to NVC

04/21/11: DS-260 receipt confirmation e-mail received

05/25/11: Received "checklist" e-mail (asking for AOS docs...but already submitted)

05/26/11: SIF when logging-in to payment portal (all 3 cases!)

05/27/11: Case Complete!

Medical / Consulate Interview

06/03/11: Interview date scheduled for July 8, 2011 !!! Augh! Wow!

06/9&13/11: Biometrics (fingerprints) appointment

07/06/11: Physicals in Juarez - Complete!

07/08/11: Consulate Interview = Complete & APPROVED!!

07/15/11: Visa's received!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife and I have been in the dark about this process, and it was exacerbated by the fact that July seems to have been stalled. I've seen others with very checkered records (overstays / deportations) recently get approval after a 4 month wait. What the...?

We just have to keep patience.

Welcome!! Same thing here only I've been waiting a month longer then you, so like you said... We just have to keep patience.

06/19/10- NOA1 - Received

11-02-2010 Case Transferred from CSC to TSC

Timeline

Hey guys so I called USCIS since im going on my 7th month mark and the lady who answered was very rude and said to call back on the 27th of this month because thats when i put in my service request and until then she couldnt help me and wouldnt let me talk 2 a tier 2 rep. Even though i remember clearly it was the 22 and its only 2 days early. She also said that my Priority date was not July 1st that it was the 8th! NOT TRUE! my noa1 says JULY 1ST! I feel exausted.... :angry::crying:

USCIS: I-130

Priority Date- July 1st

I-130 Hardcopy- July 15th

Transfered from CSC to TSC- November 2nd

I-130 sent to "USCIS Office"- November 24th

Touched- November 26, 28 and 29

Touched Feb. 9th

I-130 transfered back to CSC from TSC- Feb. 10th

Transfered to "USCIS" office again- Feb. 10th

Touched- Feb. 11th

APPROVED FINALLY!- FEB. 15th!

Touched- Feb. 26 and 28th

NVC: NVC

Case Number- March 2nd(automated Voice system)

NVC Invoice Number- March 3rd

All NVC fees paid- March 4th

All NVC fee transactions complete- March 7th (pretty much nxt day, except it was a weekend so we had to wait for them to go threw on Monday)

Submitted all documents- March 8th

All documents recieved and processed- March 11th

Case at NVC COMPLETE- March 17th

US Councel in Juarez:

Recieved all documents-

After seeing so many people getting approved with the help of officer Garza :innocent: I couldn't resist and sent an e-mail. I hope Garza :thumbs: and not officer Vara :unsure: looks at my e-mail :yes:

i hope their boss's boss looks at mine :P:rofl: i was PO'd big time when i sent mine and gave them an earful, how after waiting all this time for a response this canned response was all i received???!!! our petition is long out of processing time, this is NOT acceptable!!! that we are NOT petitioning for CR1 with the beneficiary expecting to sit in their country waiting for 2yrs but petitioned for K-3 under the LIFE Act and expected to be united quickly with family here in the USA to wait for the approval of the I-130 and that as far as i knew the LIFE Act had NOT been repealed!

i demanded answers and either a phone call or my email to responded by a supervisor or someone of authority to answer these questions PROPERLY! (just for the record i have a request in to congressman's office from which i have not heard as well but it doesnt hurt to rattle a lot of cages).

i really need to find a job .... i miss organizing my day around my moods :rofl: feeling a little peeved off and hard-nosed? make those collection calls ;) feeling organized, time to do paperwork; feeling energetic, time to file or get things ready for shipping... here at home i pace, i sit on computer, i stress... i NEED to clean but i dont, i NEED to do laundry but i dont, I NEED to do many things but i dont, i just worry worry worry worry worry

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Filed: Timeline

hi Guys,

I am new to VJ but started reading this thread last week. Me too is frustrated about whats going on with my case but hopefully we'll all be approved and be with our love ones. Though most of you are for your spouses mine is for my mother.

NOA1 - Jun 30, 2010

Transfer date - Nov 01, 2010

Touched - Nov 29, 2010

SR opened - Jan 13, 2011

email about SR- Jan 20, 2011 - telling me about addt'l review and wait within 6months

Goodluck to all of us.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

####### does 7 days on your priority date matter to them? You're 60 days out of processing. What the hell is wrong with these people?

Hey guys so I called USCIS since im going on my 7th month mark and the lady who answered was very rude and said to call back on the 27th of this month because thats when i put in my service request and until then she couldnt help me and wouldnt let me talk 2 a tier 2 rep. Even though i remember clearly it was the 22 and its only 2 days early. She also said that my Priority date was not July 1st that it was the 8th! NOT TRUE! my noa1 says JULY 1ST! I feel exausted.... :angry::crying:

Seems clear to me like TSC is processing applications in the order that they were received by TSC, not by the NOA1 dates.

Edited by fermat

07-20-2010 NOA1

02-11-2011 NOA2

03-09-2011 Sent both packages to NVC

03-28-2011 Case complete

03-31-2011 Expedite Request Sent

s-event.png

Filed: Other Country: Guatemala
Timeline

NOA1 July 1, 2010.

California to Texas

Waiting.

Entertaining thread. I figure it will happen when it happens. I did serve in the military so I know how to hurry up and wait.

It's going to be a while, hang in there everybody.

make CERTAIN that you log EVERYTHING ... whether it's on your computer (keep a hardcopy pirnted out sometimes) or keep a notebook because believe me you WILL forget some things. document everything: names/employee numbers of who you speak with, dates/times, what was said and by whom, when you were told to call back and under what circumstance, any numbers they give you (SR#) and so on.

document actions you've taken (emailed who, when, what you sent/said, to what email/phone#/etc)

document what you need to do, when, to whom

you need a paper trail, for your own self, but also as proof to document what you have done and how you've tried to resolve this to no avail.

Timeline

I just love how the CS rep is looking at their computer screen at the date while we have the NOA1 hard copy in our hands while they argue with us about the dates. Well Mr. CS Rep, who was it that sent the NOA1 hardcopy to me first place. I guess one or the other is true, either way USCIS is wrong! Somebody at USCIS has been reading 1984. A conversation after which we come away questioning our own sanity. You can't effectively fight illogical arguments with logic can you?

07-20-2010 NOA1

02-11-2011 NOA2

03-28-2011 Case complete

s-event.png

Timeline

####### does 7 days on your priority date matter to them? You're 60 days out of processing. What the hell is wrong with these people?

Seems clear to me like TSC is processing applications in the order that they were received by TSC, not by the NOA1 dates.

This is so unfair but you are right 7 days shouldnt b much of a diffrence in my case but it makes a diffrence in me because it makes me feel worst.... Marriage shouldnt b like this. How do they expect us to give them evidence of marriage if we are not even together thanks to them...

Priority Date- July 1st

Touched Feb. 9th

Touched- Feb. 11th

All NVC fee transactions complete- March 7th (pretty much nxt day, except it was a weekend so we had to wait for them to go threw on Monday)

US Councel in Juarez:

Recieved all documents-

Timeline

Take the whole 1-800 number call center thing they call Customer Service and just shut it down. We would really be better off in the dark, completely without contact to USCIS. (Except for Officer Garza).

This is so unfair but you are right 7 days shouldnt b much of a diffrence in my case but it makes a diffrence in me because it makes me feel worst.... Marriage shouldnt b like this. How do they expect us to give them evidence of marriage if we are not even together thanks to them...

07-20-2010 NOA1

02-11-2011 NOA2

03-28-2011 Case complete

s-event.png

Timeline

make CERTAIN that you log EVERYTHING ... whether it's on your computer (keep a hardcopy pirnted out sometimes) or keep a notebook because believe me you WILL forget some things. document everything: names/employee numbers of who you speak with, dates/times, what was said and by whom, when you were told to call back and under what circumstance, any numbers they give you (SR#) and so on.

document actions you've taken (emailed who, when, what you sent/said, to what email/phone#/etc)

document what you need to do, when, to whom

you need a paper trail, for your own self, but also as proof to document what you have done and how you've tried to resolve this to no avail.

YES I take note of everything! It just doesnt seem to be of any help... it doesnt change anything they decide to do anyways.

Priority Date- July 1st

Touched Feb. 9th

Touched- Feb. 11th

US Councel in Juarez:

Recieved all documents-

Timeline

If I called that 800 number and somebody picked up and all I heard was like a car horn from the 1950s, glass breaking and maybe a goat in the background that would actually make more sense to me than 90% of what you people tell me of your experience with them.

07-20-2010 NOA1

02-11-2011 NOA2

03-28-2011 Case complete

s-event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.