Rickey

California Service Center To Texas Service Center

5,981 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks a lot!! It's because of the people who post on this board that I made it through without losing all my sanity! Approvals are coming quickly for the rest of my fellow VJ'ers! I know it!

I hope we all get it soon....its been a while. :whistle:

USCIS(223 Days)
07/09/2010: NOA-1
11/02/2010: Petition transferred to Texas Service Center
11/24/2011: Touched
02/17/2011: NOA2
02/22/2011: Received NOA-2 Hard copy
NVC
03/02/2011: File received at NVC
03/08/2011: NVC number assigned,gave email addresses
03/10/2011: Received AOS invoice,IIN,DS-3032COA(filled and submitted via email)

03/12/2011: COA DS 3032 accepted VIA email from NVC
03/14/2011: AOS fee paid
03/15/2011: IV bill invoiced and paid
03/18/2011: IV bill/AOS invoice appears as PAID
03/22/2011: AOS package submitted
03/05/2011: DS-230 package submitted
03/07/2011: received email from NVC -checklist to submit DS230
4/15/2011:SIF/CC
06/17/2011:Interview Date Result(AP)
09/30/2011:VISA/passport received

POE: 01/19/2012/GC Received

Citizenship

04/13/2016:N-400 Packet Sent

05/18/2016: FP

09/27/2016: Interview(Approved)

XX/XX/XX: Oath

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congratulations to all the approvals. That makes me have hope. I keep going to the mail and my email everyday to see if I get anything since when I got the Notice of Transfer back in November I got the hard copy first and then 16 days later I got the email notification.

Anyone, I tried to email TSC but I got a reply saying that I need to wait 30 days after I placed a service call. I placed a service call on January 6 and they told me it was out of processing time. They have no contacted me, so last week I requested an expedite, nothing yet.

Like I said, I tried to email the TSC and I got a reply saying I had to wait 30 days or they will not respond to my inquiry.

Congratulations to all the approvals. That makes me have hope. I keep going to the mail and my email everyday to see if I get anything since when I got the Notice of Transfer back in November I got the hard copy first and then 16 days later I got the email notification.

Anyone, I tried to email TSC but I got a reply saying that I need to wait 30 days after I placed a service call. I placed a service call on January 6 and they told me it was out of processing time. They have no contacted me, so last week I requested an expedite, nothing yet.

Like I said, I tried to email the TSC and I got a reply saying I had to wait 30 days or they will not respond to my inquiry.

Have you contacted your senator or congressman? Both Rickey and I got the same kind of reply from our congressmen- that our cases were sent to the EXAMS unit-- I'm thinking maybe that helped with our approvals.

yeMBfha.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband says he called immigration today (I'm not sure which number he used) and that an automated message told him that he needs to wait 180 days from the date of transfer to inquire about the status of our case. I told him people were being told all kinds of BS (like the infamous 9-12 months) and that we should probably write his congressman if there's no more progress in a couple of weeks.

The sad thing is that we're both the kind of people who like to be nice and wait, believe what we're told, and not rock the boat, but it seems like that just doesn't work out well for anyone in this kind of bureaucratic red tape. It seems like we're going to have to push ourselves to nag them if we want to get anywhere.

USCIS: 220 days

NVC - 53 days

06/28/2011 - Medical appointment

07/04/2011 - Picked up sealed medical envelope

07/05/2011 - Interview date

07/08/2011 - Received visa

NVC case complete to visa - 42 days

Total from NOA1 to visa - 315 days

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

The OLU is the guy working in the USCIS office who's job it is to communicate with the Ombudsman in Washington DC. I'm sure USCIS would love for you to skip the Ombudsman and come to them directly with your problems so they can respond to you with the same drivel they've been dishing out. I would suggest going straight to the Ombudsman with your complaint. It's their job to keep the USCIS in line, otherwise you're just asking the people who created the problem to come up with a solution and missing the point of the Ombudsman.

To help improve customer service, we seek feedback from our customers, stakeholders, and affiliated agencies to help identify issues that directly affect you. Email the Ombudsman Liaison Unit at OLUInquiries@dhs.gov. Please explain your concern, question, or suggestion as clearly as possible. Regrettably, we cannot post any inquiries online if they have case-specific or personal information in them.

From this link:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ddce0b89284a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=ddce0b89284a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

07-20-2010 NOA1

02-11-2011 NOA2

03-09-2011 Sent both packages to NVC

03-28-2011 Case complete

03-31-2011 Expedite Request Sent

s-event.png

Timeline

Have you contacted your senator or congressman? Both Rickey and I got the same kind of reply from our congressmen- that our cases were sent to the EXAMS unit-- I'm thinking maybe that helped with our approvals.

I am so sorry for my ignorance but how do I do that and how do I know who to contact... plz help.. and congrats again

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Put in the zip code of whichever one of you is living in the US at this website: http://whoismyrepresentative.com/. Should be three people, 2 Senators and one Representative. You will find links to their websites with contact info.

I am so sorry for my ignorance but how do I do that and how do I know who to contact... plz help.. and congrats again

07-20-2010 NOA1

02-11-2011 NOA2

03-09-2011 Sent both packages to NVC

03-28-2011 Case complete

03-31-2011 Expedite Request Sent

s-event.png

Timeline

Put in the zip code of whichever one of you is living in the US at this website: http://whoismyrepresentative.com/. Should be three people, 2 Senators and one Representative. You will find links to their websites with contact info.

Thank you ..I will try

anyone has a sample letter to contact congressman or senator?

This is what mine looked like (I based it on a consent form):

U.S. Representative

Address

THE PRIVACY ACT OF 1974 REQUIRES THAT WRITTEN CONSENT BE OBTAINED FROM A CONSTITUENT BEFORE INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED FROM RECORDS WITHIN A FEDERAL AGENCY. TO PERMIT ME TO ACT ON YOUR BEHALF, I WILL NEED YOUR STATEMENT CITING THE PROBLEM AND YOUR SIGNATURE FOLLOWING THE STATEMENT. IF YOU ARE INQUIRING ON BEHALF OF SOMEONE ELSE, IT WILL BE NECESSARY FOR THAT PERSON TO SIGN THE STATEMENT.

Date:

Dear Congressman :

I would appreciate your assistance with the following:

The Immigrant Petition for Relative that I filed for my spouse, name of spouse, was received by the California Service Center on . My case was then transferred to the Texas Service Center on

and I was sent a letter (a copy of which I have attached to this form) stating that the reason for this transfer was to “speed up processing.” The current estimated processing time for this particular form is stated as 5 months on the USCIS website; however, I have yet to receive any word on my petition, even though my 5 months mark has already passed. I called the USCIS customer service line on (dates you called) to inquire on the status of my petition, and (information they told you). This seems very unreasonable to me considering the fact that I have searched a few websites and I have seen that many September and even October filers have been approved by the California Service Center recently.

I kindly ask you to inquire about my case and to please inform me of what problems, if any, have delayed the processing of my form. Also, if it is possible, I would like to know how much longer it should take to adjudicate my petition.

Please call me at the number listed below for any additional information.

I sincerely thank you for your time.

Please Print:

Name: Phone number:

Address:

City: State: Zip:

Immigration issue

Receipt #:

Type of Application Filed: I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

Name of Petitioner:

Name of Beneficiary:

Date filed:

Signature

yeMBfha.jpg

Timeline

Oh Thank you thank you everyone. I am on it. I already found my senator and congressman.. thanks for all the help.

This is what mine looked like (I based it on a consent form):

U.S. Representative

Address

THE PRIVACY ACT OF 1974 REQUIRES THAT WRITTEN CONSENT BE OBTAINED FROM A CONSTITUENT BEFORE INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED FROM RECORDS WITHIN A FEDERAL AGENCY. TO PERMIT ME TO ACT ON YOUR BEHALF, I WILL NEED YOUR STATEMENT CITING THE PROBLEM AND YOUR SIGNATURE FOLLOWING THE STATEMENT. IF YOU ARE INQUIRING ON BEHALF OF SOMEONE ELSE, IT WILL BE NECESSARY FOR THAT PERSON TO SIGN THE STATEMENT.

Date:

Dear Congressman :

I would appreciate your assistance with the following:

The Immigrant Petition for Relative that I filed for my spouse, name of spouse, was received by the California Service Center on . My case was then transferred to the Texas Service Center on

and I was sent a letter (a copy of which I have attached to this form) stating that the reason for this transfer was to “speed up processing.” The current estimated processing time for this particular form is stated as 5 months on the USCIS website; however, I have yet to receive any word on my petition, even though my 5 months mark has already passed. I called the USCIS customer service line on (dates you called) to inquire on the status of my petition, and (information they told you). This seems very unreasonable to me considering the fact that I have searched a few websites and I have seen that many September and even October filers have been approved by the California Service Center recently.

I kindly ask you to inquire about my case and to please inform me of what problems, if any, have delayed the processing of my form. Also, if it is possible, I would like to know how much longer it should take to adjudicate my petition.

Please call me at the number listed below for any additional information.

I sincerely thank you for your time.

Please Print:

Name: Phone number:

Address:

City: State: Zip:

Immigration issue

Receipt #:

Type of Application Filed: I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

Name of Petitioner:

Name of Beneficiary:

Date filed:

Signature

Congrats to the latest approvals.... :wow::wow::wow::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I notice that by the time lines they truly seem to be working backwards through the files by my estamate we (this group) are about .29% of the 35,000 cases which means that 2.94% of us just got there approvals which would translate into 1029 of the 35,000 cases should have just recieved there approvals, at that rate it would take about 34 rounds of approvals to get through all 35000 cases, if there are two rounds of approvals each week ( wednesday and friday) then all 35000 cases should be done with in 17 weeks....all numbers are assumed.......

Met online June 27, 2008

May 15 2010 -- The Wedding in Castlemain, Victoria Australia

June 22, 2010 -- Mailed to Chicago lock box

July 5th recieved NOA1

Nov 1 2010 Case transfered to Texas Service Center

Nov 24 2010 Case Transfered to USCIS Office ???

Feb 7th Changed address on USCIS web site

Feb 17th Wifes case approved

Feb 18Th Step-Son's case RFE

Feb 27th Both Cases put back into "Initial Review"

Mar 28Th Case approved at USCIS

Apr 14Th AOS Fee Paid

Apr 19Th IV Fee paid

Apr 19Th AOS packets Sent

Apr 21St IV Packets Sent

May 19Th RFE for Wife IV Recieved

May 19Th RFE for Stepson IV Recieved

May 22nd RFE reply for wife and stepson sent to NVC (Overnight)

June 3rd NVC message changed to show that RFE being processed

June 6th NVC payment portal SIF

June 9th NVC message changed to case closed

June 11th Interview scheduled in Sydney for July 26th

June 15th NVC mailed package to Sydney

June 20Th Package delivered to consulate

June 23rd emailed consulate for earlier interview

June 26th reply from consulate Intervirw moved to July 12th

event.png

event.png

Congrats to the latest approvals.... :wow::wow::wow::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I notice that by the time lines they truly seem to be working backwards through the files by my estamate we (this group) are about .29% of the 35,000 cases which means that 2.94% of us just got there approvals which would translate into 1029 of the 35,000 cases should have just recieved there approvals, at that rate it would take about 34 rounds of approvals to get through all 35000 cases, if there are two rounds of approvals each week ( wednesday and friday) then all 35000 cases should be done with in 17 weeks....all numbers are assumed.......

I also think you need to factor in the fact that a percentage of the 35,000 cases will be I-129F applications, which, like ours are cloned with the I-130. I'm not sure what the percentage would be, but judging by people on here, it may be as high as 10 to 15%.

I also heard there are two rounds of approvals per week - Wednesday & Friday, which is why I expect nothing today. Do we have any evidence this is correct. Has anyone been approved on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday?

04/2010 - Marriage in Weirsdale, Florida

USCIS

07-07-2010 Filed I-130 - K3

07-12-2010 Priority date

07-23-2010 NOA1 (California Service Centre)

11-03-2010 Transfer to Texas Service Centre

01-24-2011 NOA2 NVC

02-26-2011 Case #

02-28-2011 Docs delivered to NVC

03-06-2011 NVC received docs

03-06-2011 NVC SIF & Expedite approved

04-06-2011 Medical exam - Failed (bad cold - shadow on lung)

06-13-2011 2nd Medical exam - Passed

06-22-2011 Interview at London Embassy - denied due to previous overstay (3 year bar)

07-06-2011 I 601 Waiver accepted at London

07-19-2011 MP & Senator wrote to US Embassy to request expedite

08-13-2011 I 601 approved!

08-22-2011 Visa delivered

09-07-2011 POE Orlando - took 20 minutes to be admitted

I-751

08-15-2013 I-751 Received by Vermont service center

08-21-2013 I-751 Application check cashed

08-22-2013 I-751 NOA1 received dated 08-16-2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just got an email from Officer Garza. My package has been pulled for review.

Maybe you need to write a factual and tactful email to TSC and CC god and the media.

LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.