Rickey

California Service Center To Texas Service Center

5,981 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I'm thinking things may be over for today - are we aware of any approvals later than 7.30 Texas Time? I may go to bed - it's 1.30am here in the UK....

Yeah I suspect you're right buddy. Have a good night- I pray tomorrow brings many more approvals, including one for each and every single one of us.

Keep the faith :)

USCIS - 203 days

08/09/2010: NOA1 (I-130) Received text & email with case number

02/28/2011: Received NOA2 hard copies of approval for I130 and I129F

NVC

03/02/2011: NVC Case Number Assigned, received IIN #

06/06/2011: AOS and IV received at NVC

06/21/2011: NVC Case Complete

08/24/2011: Embassy Interview

09/14/2011: Visa granted

09/18/2011: POE Houston!!!

Total time from beginning to end: 406 days (1 year, 1 month, 10 days)

Yeah I suspect you're right buddy. Have a good night- I pray tomorrow brings many more approvals, including one for each and every single one of us.

Keep the faith :)

G'night from ENGLAND to everyone, and I hope all our wishes come true this coming two days. good.gif

04/2010 - Marriage in Weirsdale, Florida

USCIS

07-07-2010 Filed I-130 - K3

07-12-2010 Priority date

07-23-2010 NOA1 (California Service Centre)

11-03-2010 Transfer to Texas Service Centre

01-24-2011 NOA2 NVC

02-26-2011 Case #

02-28-2011 Docs delivered to NVC

03-06-2011 NVC received docs

03-06-2011 NVC SIF & Expedite approved

04-06-2011 Medical exam - Failed (bad cold - shadow on lung)

06-13-2011 2nd Medical exam - Passed

06-22-2011 Interview at London Embassy - denied due to previous overstay (3 year bar)

07-06-2011 I 601 Waiver accepted at London

07-19-2011 MP & Senator wrote to US Embassy to request expedite

08-13-2011 I 601 approved!

08-22-2011 Visa delivered

09-07-2011 POE Orlando - took 20 minutes to be admitted

I-751

08-15-2013 I-751 Received by Vermont service center

08-21-2013 I-751 Application check cashed

08-22-2013 I-751 NOA1 received dated 08-16-2013

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Thanks, everyone! And I'm not going anywhere! I'm still gonna post on this thread and I would love to see my VJ friends approved this month!!!!!!

Au contraire Jenny- you ARE going somewhere- you're going to the NVC!!!

WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :dance:

USCIS - 203 days

08/09/2010: NOA1 (I-130) Received text & email with case number

02/28/2011: Received NOA2 hard copies of approval for I130 and I129F

NVC

03/02/2011: NVC Case Number Assigned, received IIN #

06/06/2011: AOS and IV received at NVC

06/21/2011: NVC Case Complete

08/24/2011: Embassy Interview

09/14/2011: Visa granted

09/18/2011: POE Houston!!!

Total time from beginning to end: 406 days (1 year, 1 month, 10 days)

Filed: Timeline

My hair is now standing on end!!!!!!!

As I was writing the last post a few minutes ago my text alert went off !!!

So I went to my account to check and:

"On January 14, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

I most sincerely hope and pray that this means that approvals are forthcoming for all.

This is a sweet payoff for me as I have been busy emailing and calling Senators, Congress people, newspapers, TV, and other media about our plight for weeks now.

I may never know for sure if all of the prodding actually did anything one way or the other. I would like to believe that others actions have made an impact, I hope that mine did as well.

I must now call my wife!!!

Rickey.

Congrats Rickey!

OK, so can we review what we need to do to get TSC to actually do their jobs and look at our petitions and when we should do it? From what I've read here, this seems to be a good approach:

1) Call USCIS at 1.800.375.5283 and put in a service request – start calling the day after your 5 months are up (although some say you need to be 15 days out of normal processing time or something like that?)

2) Contact congressional rep and/or senator – also right after the 5 months are up – any thoughts as to whether it's better to contact your congressperson, senator, or both? Email, call, or write a letter?

3) Email tsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov to harass them some more – how long after the service request should you do this? Or is it unrelated?

4) Once you've tried everything else, send form 7001 to the Ombudsman.

This seems to be the bare minimum that we all need to be doing once our five months are up. I'm a little unclear on the timeline, so any wisdom you all can share would be much appreciated!

USCIS171 days
08.03.2010: Sent I-130 (Received at Chicago Lockbox on 08.05.2010 – Priority Date)
08.24.2010: NOA1 – Notice Date (Case transferred from CSC to TSC on 11.02.2010 and back to CSC on 02.07.2011)
02.11.2011: NOA2 – Approved! (hard copy received on 02.17.2011)

NVC46 days
02.26.2011: Got NVC case number from AVR (entered on 02.24.2011)
02.28.2011: Called operator to give email addresses and get IIN; emailed beneficiary's change of address and DS-3032; received instruction emails from NVC; AOS fee bill invoiced and paid
03.01.2011: AOS fee shown as "paid"
03.03.2011: DS-3032 accepted; beneficiary's address updated by NVC; IV fee bill invoiced and paid
03.07.2011: IV fee shown as "paid"; AOS and IV packets sent out together via USPS Priority Mail (delivered on 03.09.2011)
03.22.2011: AVR and operator tells us we will receive an RFE
03.26.2011: Received RFE checklist via email (asking for PCCs from China and Taiwan)
03.28.2011: Sent checklist response via USPS Priority Mail (explaining/demonstrating that PCC should not be required)
04.10.2011: AVR message says that checklist response was received on 04.08.2011; sign in failed
04.11.2011: Case completed at NVC!
04.13.2011: Interview date assigned, received Packet 4 via email
04.25.2011: NVC sent case to embassy in London

Embassy – London, United Kingdom
05.23.2011: Medical at Knightsbridge Doctors
05.31.2011: Interview - APPROVED! (301 days from filing)
06.02.2011: Visa in hand
06.07.2011: POE at SFO

Removal of Conditions

04.16.2013: Sent I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

04.18.2013: I-751 packet received at VSC (check cleared on 05.03)

05.04.2013: Received NOA1 (dated 04.19)

05.11.2013: Received biometrics appointment notice for 06.05.2013 (notice dated 05.08)

05.13.2013: Completed biometrics as a walk-in (would have been out of town for scheduled appointment)

08.21.2013: APPROVED! (Received email update that USCIS has ordered production of new card)

Got an email informing that our I-130 and I-129f were approved.

Congrats!

To add to my previous post::

I have been close to being a pest to one of my senators' and my congressman's immigration people for weeks now. They grew to recognize my voice!

Also I called USCIS customer service every day or two, I politely gave them (tier 2 if possible) as much grief as I was experiencing. I felt that this was a fair trade.:rofl:.

Rickey.

Congrats as well!

Ditto Nab, I'm sure you've heard this before, but I'll say it again anyway- hang in there! You're clearly going through a lot, I can only imagine. Try and give yourself strength by imagining how happy you'll be when you'll finally be with your hubby :)

Thanks for the kind words celldoc (and Val and Gary) ... some days are just more hard than others.

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I JUST GOT APPROVED!!! Omg you guys!!!!! I'm crying here!

Congratulations! Almost seems like a dream, huh!? Best wishes as you progress to he next step! You're one day closer!

03/31/10: Married mi hermosa angelito!

07/05/10: Priority Date (CSC)

07/14/10: Notice Date (NOA1)

11/02/10: Transfer Notice (moved to TSC)

11/29/10: Touch

....waiting.[/font][/size]

USCIS Journey (223 days):

03/31/10: Married mi hermosa angelito!

07/14/10: Notice Date (NOA1)

11/02/10: Transfer Notice (moved to TSC)

11/29/10: Touch

02/17/11: Received e-mail update - Transferring back to CSC

02/23/11: Approval!!/Post Decision Activity

03/01/11: Received hard-copy NOA2 for cases. Has been forwarded to the Dept. of State NVC!

03/09/11: Case(s) at NVC!

NVC Process (78 days)

03/10/11: Case #'s assigned! Woot!

03/31/11: 1 year wedding anniversary!

04/20/11: Attorney submitting IV application to NVC

04/21/11: DS-260 receipt confirmation e-mail received

05/25/11: Received "checklist" e-mail (asking for AOS docs...but already submitted)

05/26/11: SIF when logging-in to payment portal (all 3 cases!)

05/27/11: Case Complete!

Medical / Consulate Interview

06/03/11: Interview date scheduled for July 8, 2011 !!! Augh! Wow!

06/9&13/11: Biometrics (fingerprints) appointment

07/06/11: Physicals in Juarez - Complete!

07/08/11: Consulate Interview = Complete & APPROVED!!

07/15/11: Visa's received!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

congrats to those that were approved :thumbs:

OK, so can we review what we need to do to get TSC to actually do their jobs and look at our petitions and when we should do it? From what I've read here, this seems to be a good approach:

1) Call USCIS at 1.800.375.5283 and put in a service request – start calling the day after your 5 months are up (although some say you need to be 15 days out of normal processing time or something like that?)

2) Contact congressional rep and/or senator – also right after the 5 months are up – any thoughts as to whether it's better to contact your congressperson, senator, or both? Email, call, or write a letter?

3) Email tsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov to harass them some more – how long after the service request should you do this? Or is it unrelated?

4) Once you've tried everything else, send form 7001 to the Ombudsman.

This seems to be the bare minimum that we all need to be doing once our five months are up. I'm a little unclear on the timeline, so any wisdom you all can share would be much appreciated!

I have done all of those except email...that is coming tonight!

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

congrat Jenny, Rickey, Tdis..... :thumbs: :thumbs: and wish we will get approval next week :whistle:

next week? why not this week? :thumbs:

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

First off, congrats to those who have been approved this evening, we are sincerely happy for you.

Secondly, I was going to see my Congressman after a seeing a client today but the appointment lasted longer than expected. I will be going tomorrow afternoon...........

Well, after stewing all damn day, I drafted an e-mail to TSC and also sent it to the following:

public.engagement@dhs.gov, wro.communityrelations@dhs.gov, USCIS-NER-Communityrelations@dhs.gov, southeastregion.cummunityrelations@dhs.gov, oluinquiries@dhs.com, dhsoighotline@dhs.gov, Atlarge@foxnews.com, huckmail@foxnews.com, glennbeck@foxnews.com, Ontherecord@foxnews.com, Oreilly@foxnews.com, letters@ocregister.com, nightly@nbc.com, writemalkin@gmail.com, ElRushbo@eibnet.com, johnandkenshow@kfi640.com

As you can see, i have included some very outspoken media personalities, who knows, maybe one will take an interest.

Here is the body of my e-mail:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

To whom it may concern,

I am writing email this out of frustration, mainly due to not being able to get any answers from US Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) and the delays in the legal immigration of my wife.

On July 21, 2010, I filed I-130 my wife, Kampong Pinongram, receipt number WAC**************. We are just one couple of the 35,000 applicants that were transferred from the California Service Center to the Texas Service Center on November 3, 2010 due to the case load at California Service Center. The I-797C states on the first line the following:

"This is to advise you that in order to speed up processing we have transferred the above case to the following USCIS office for processing: Texas Service Center"

I received the I-797C on November 8, 2010. On the same day, before I was even aware that our case was transferred, I requested an expedite for processing due to my sons health, he is a US citizen and with my wife the applicant, in Thailand. I made a trip to Thailand the end of October so I could meet with my sons doctors and to gather documentation on his illness and all the hospital stays. My son has been hospitalized for pneumonia and bronchitis which he still receives breathing treatments for. I was unable to bring my son back with me as I am employed full time and have no way of caring for him, my wife is the primary care giver. I could quit my job to care for him but then I would not be able to financially support my family, Catch 22.

On November 15, 2010, I received notification from the Texas Service Center that stated "Documentation submitted meets the requirements for expedite processing of your application/petition." (Referral ID: T1B3121^^^^^^^CSC)

As of this writing, it has been over 2 months since I received this letter and my son has had two more stays in the hospital and no status on the I-130. I have made numerous phone calls and each time have been told something totally different as to why the "expedite" has not been completed. On one occasion the CSR actually hung up on me when I stated that on all my previous calls I was being told something different from the previous call. Only today was I actually able to speak to someone that was helpful and understanding and escalated my call to a higher level of support. Notes were added to our case, Referral ID: WTC0191*******CSC, and the gentleman that I spoke with recommended that I ask my Congressman and Senator(s) for assistance. I am taking his advice and scheduled a meeting at my Congressman's office tomorrow afternoon. I am also contacting local media to bring attention to this situation.

I am a member of a community that is going through the process of bringing our loved ones to the States and have been sharing the difficult experience with our applications being transferred in order to speed up the process, only to know other I-130 applicants that have filed after us have already been approved and their applications forwarded on to the National Visa Center. The below link will give you some insight as to what turmoil you are putting families through.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/281110-california-service-center-to-texas-service-center/

It is my hope that action will be taken to expedite my wifes application as stated by the letter dated November 15, 2010 from the Texas Service Center.

Expedite:

–verb (used with object) 1. to speed up the progress of; hasten: to expedite shipments. 2. to accomplish promptly, as a piece of business; dispatch: to expedite one's duties. 3. to issue or dispatch, as an official document or letter.

To the media outlets that have been addressed, I have copies of all documentation referenced in this email as well as contacts of numerous other couples in my situation.

Respectfully submitted,<br clear="all">

--

Wade S. Grant

USMC, Retired

Maybe a bit over the top but what the hell, patience has not been productive at all............

I'm sure you guys won't mind me providing the link to this thread.

Let see what the Congressman has to say tomorrow. I doubt I will actullay speak to him but I would like to since I met him many years ago at the Nixon Library while leading a Marine Corps Color Guard Detail, be cool if he remembered.

Chok Dee!!

(Good Luck)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Good LUCK Mate !

I been there done that already and no repsonce except congressman

All other have not replied yet. including the White House.

the problem here is there not enough people of the 35,000 make enough

waves. only VisaJOURNEY PEOPLE LIKE MAYBE 400 OF THE 35,000.

SURE A FEW ARE GETTING THRU TO THE ABOVE PLACE YOU MENTIONED BUT

ALL OF US HAVE BEEN PLACED HERE UNTIL THEY ARE READY TOO APPROVE US.

I WISH ALL THE BEST OF luck AND Gary hope Val is better.

Congrats on those approved also :)

Take Care

USMC Recon Retired Veteran

:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.