Rickey

California Service Center To Texas Service Center

5,981 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey Hello

My Attorney called and they said there are backed up

He told me he expects me to be approved in January.

I also e mail my congressman and he will contact the

congressional laision at the TSC center and find out

what he can come up with.

Will let you all know what he came up with once I

get his reply.

Good Luck

yes i did, i think im calling uscis and cussing out who ever answers the phone!!! lol

just got off phone with uscis, after requesting tier2 sat on hold for an hour got someone that immediatly told me the computers were down and to call back in a few hours.........

Met online June 27, 2008

May 15 2010 -- The Wedding in Castlemain, Victoria Australia

June 22, 2010 -- Mailed to Chicago lock box

July 5th recieved NOA1

Nov 1 2010 Case transfered to Texas Service Center

Nov 24 2010 Case Transfered to USCIS Office ???

Feb 7th Changed address on USCIS web site

Feb 17th Wifes case approved

Feb 18Th Step-Son's case RFE

Feb 27th Both Cases put back into "Initial Review"

Mar 28Th Case approved at USCIS

Apr 14Th AOS Fee Paid

Apr 19Th IV Fee paid

Apr 19Th AOS packets Sent

Apr 21St IV Packets Sent

May 19Th RFE for Wife IV Recieved

May 19Th RFE for Stepson IV Recieved

May 22nd RFE reply for wife and stepson sent to NVC (Overnight)

June 3rd NVC message changed to show that RFE being processed

June 6th NVC payment portal SIF

June 9th NVC message changed to case closed

June 11th Interview scheduled in Sydney for July 26th

June 15th NVC mailed package to Sydney

June 20Th Package delivered to consulate

June 23rd emailed consulate for earlier interview

June 26th reply from consulate Intervirw moved to July 12th

event.png

event.png

Regardless of whether people think there was any 'valuable info' given at the chat this week - here is the transcript from the chat.

Thanks to IMinCA and Los G from www.immigrate2us.net for providing the full transcript from todays session -

Laurel/Katherine Chat Log 01/12/11

Laurel: As you've all seen, the new website is up and running. Please explore the different pages as there is some new material.

Laurel: One item I would especially like to point out is the "Letters to Congress and the Media" section. If any of you have written or want to write a letter to your Congressman or to your local paper or tv news program, you can also send it to us for review and we will consider posting it on the website.

Laurel: Transcripts of prior chats are not currently on the website, but will be before the end of the month.

Laurel: One more thing before we get to the questions ...

There's a problem with the phone number in Juarez for calling to make your waiver appointment. I am trying to find out what the problem is, when it will be resolved and if there is a new phone number. I will post the information on the main page of my website as soon as I have it.

Laurel: On to the questions

Juan_I-601: Hello Laurel, I will have the waiver I-601 interview soon. I am using medical evidence about getting pregnant after the age of 30/35 and about ethnic distribution in Argentina, will they see (Lima office) as an acceptable source information taken from wikipedia web site ?

katherine: It's probably not the best source, no. Generally, we don't find the first argument that you mentioned to be very strong. The second can be stronger, depending on its application to you.

DeLeon: Hello Laurel, (I'm W.DeLeon from ny) I want to apply for my sons US passport and was under the impression that we just had to send in his greencard and the other requirements, but the lady at our local office said I had to have at least 5 years of pressence in the US prior to his birth in order for him to qualify, but that is obiously does not apply to us.. Does that mean my 8 year old has to go thru the same process as i did?

Laurel: She's confused. She's giving you the requirement for your son to be a US citizen at birth. He was not a citizen at birth. He automatically naturalized when he entered the US as a permanent resident and child of a US citizen. She's just wrong. Resolving stuff like that is exactly what attorneys do. Let me know if you want to hire us to resolve this.

SD0305: My fiance is an undocumented immigrant from Montenegro. He has an unexpired passport without a visa stamp. I am a U.S. citizen, and we live in NY. Can he get health insurance with a tax ID #? If not, once we are married, if he should need any medical or hospital care, will I be held responsible for payment too? I have savings and income that we want to protect.

katherine: Whether or not he can obtain health insurance is going to depend entirely on the rules of the insurance company. As far as your responsibility for his debt, that's also going to depend on state law, but in most states, spouses are jointly liable for the debt that one spouse accrues during the marriage.

Betsy: Hi, I'm petitioning my wife (i-601) and when we married she never changed her last name. We still have different last names but have been married for 8 years. Do you think this might affect us negatively? She has no govt ID so we havent gone to change it at the courthouse. Thanks.

Laurel: No, it's not a problem.

Iminca: FromSTARS:For all of us whose I130s were transferred from CSC to TSC, what options do we have other than contacting members of congress?

Laurel: Having your case transferred from CSC to TSC is not a problem. In fact the reason they do it is to process your case faster. There's no reason to be upset about it. You should instead be thankful.

flower: My parents became LPR through me. However, after two years of LPR status they left usa and returned to their home country. They have been out of USA for almost three years. They never applied for any readmission or anything. They want to come back now. What options do we have as i heard they will not be admitted. Thanks.

katherine: You are correct, they are most certainly going to be found to have abandoned their LPR status. They are most likely going to need to go through the immigration process again.

Iminca: FromRemy:Hi Laurel..I am a K3 Visa Holder,My Visa is going to expire on July and haven't apply for my AOS.I want to travel outside the US.Do I need something to apply for my reentry or am i good to go?We are planning to apply my AOS once I got back and before my visa expires.Thank you very much and God bless you.

Laurel: As long as you are back before the K3 expires there shouldn't be a problem. Recommend you file your adjustment of status as soon as possible.

Iminca: From tdc923: My husband got a VD in 2004, he did NOT leave, hasn't left since EWI here in 1997. Have you had much success in waiver cases for immigrants with a VD that didn't leave? He is from Guatemala. Thanks so much!!

katherine: Well, his VD order has now converted into a deportation order, so he will need an I212 as well as an I601 in order to return. While it's not impossible to win such a case, the fact that he did not comply with the VD order is definitely a negative factor in his case, and will significantly lower his chances of approval.

Iminca: From Guedez: I've learned a lot from you chats and want to thank you for your time. I know there are some new processes going on at some locations which looks like progress but do you see Panama speeding up this year on waivers? Some people are getting answers under 6 months and others have said they are still waiting at 13 months with an average of 8-10 months (still not too bad though). Thanks much!

Laurel: Cases take different amounts of time at the same office because they vary in complexity. But once your case is at least 30 days outside of normal processing time, it's not inappropriate to send an inquiry asking what's going on. I have not seen Panama speed up that much, but I do know they are making efforts to speed it up

Iminca: From Vianey, Can an officer just not accept assets during the visa interview. My husband had his visa appt this past Friday. The officer told him I needed a joint sponser because my income did not meet Pov Guidelines. I was out by 759, 759x3 is 2277, we have well over that amount in our savings account -which I provided 4 months of bank statements. I also provided my recent 7 checkstubs. So what I did was scan another I-864 with all the supporting documentation required and wrote the officer a kind but firm letter referencing the I-864 Instructions where it states that assets can be used, not may but can. I also attached the instructions page for him to reference. So can an officer just plain out not accept assets? Is this the officers call? What else can we do? Just wait till I file taxes for 2010 and avoid all this drama? I really hate to have to give up and reschedule our visa interview because this officer is not accepting our assets. Thanks Laurel

Laurel: From the context I presume you are talking about the NVC. The person at the NVC is a contractor who is supposed to check and make sure you have all the necessary documentation before sending the case on to the consulate. It is the consular officer who will make the final determination of whether you meet the income requirement. We encounter the problem you are describing quite frequently at the NVC. If you can easily get a co-sponsor, then do so. Otherwise, you can argue with the NVC as you've been doing. As I said, we run into this very problem all the time where the NVC official has failed to properly take assets into consideration when the income falls slightly short.

Iminca: From Juancho :We are about to send our I601 waiver to Vienna,my wife is from Rumania ,but my wife will be in december 10 years here,it is better to wait and do it here ,the waiver ,so he don't have to be separated for the wait?we are married 8 years,have two kids(8 and 2 years old,)paid our taxes,have a house,she entered us crewmember,

thanks!!

katherine: I'm not sure what you mean by "here." It sounds as though your wife is ineligible to adjust status, so her only option is to file the waiver abroad. If by "do it here" you mean apply for cancellation of removal, that's definitely an option, but first she would need to get placed into removal proceedings, which can be a challenge to make happen when you WANT it to happen.

Iminca: FromPieRamirez - my question is my husband was here since 2007 but never filed taxes will this effect when we go for our interview ive heard rumurs that it might???

We had our first interview june 2nd 2010 but he wasnt asked anything about taxes he got a 6 month ban for prior drug use and now were waiting for a second chance interview but i am woried about that if it might affect him not reporting taxes.

katherine: Although of course he should have been paying taxes, his failure to do so will probably not impact his case. "Failure to pay taxes" is not a ground of inadmissibility.

Iminca: From: DanTes

I-130 petition for my spouse was received by CSC on 07/27/2010, and was transferred to TSC on 11/03/2010. I received I-797C approval notice from TSC dated 11/23/2010. Received a letter from USCIS, in response to my service request, on 12/23/2010, stating: "Your application was ordered approved in November, However, the processing is not complete. The application has not been transferred to the National Visa Center, and the approval letter has not been sent. A request has been made to the adjudicating officer to complete the processing of this application". Was my petition approved by mistake? What sort of "processing" takes place at the service center after the petition has been approved? I understand that thousands of petitions were transferred from CSC to TSC ostensibly to "speed up processing". Do you have any insight as to what could possibly be happening with my petition?

Laurel: It sounds like the individual adjudicator made some sort of behind-the-scenes administrative error. He may have forgotten to sign something or forgot to enter something in the database or something like that. You may never find out what he forgot to do. This sort of thing is not unheard of. There's not much you can do about it. It's human error.

Johanna_Dark: Honduran man EWIed in 1990, was found w/out papers and deported 1999. Marries USC in Honduras in 2002. U.S. Consulate in Honduras alleges he's barred under 9c (no evidence shown though), but they sent the man an RFE saying his ground of inadmissibility is INA 212(a)(9)( (i)(I)/(II). He e-mailed the consulate asking them whether he was barred under 9b or 9c and this is what they told him: "Yes, you are right, his inelegible about the Section 9 (c ) already expired, but he still needs to submit his waiver about the other two inelegibilities, under Section 9B2 and his deportation 9A2." He does need an I-212 waiver, but a 601? Thank you.

Laurel: The facts as described are confusing. I'd really need to review the paperwork and ask some questions

Iminca: From JL2581: For Mexican cases, how often do you get surprised by a backlog to a case that you felt merits quick approval? Do you generally have a 'feel' for the likelihood of a case ending up in the backlog?

Laurel: For some cases we are able to predict a high liklihood of referral, e.g. if there are prior removal proceedings or criminal history. In cases that we do not put into the category 'high liklihood of referral' we still see about 20% to 25% of them get referred.

Iminca: FromThai:Hi great work..now i just received my 10 year green card, no me and my husband for 5 years are separating and my sister in law was a joint sponsor for me and she wants out of the paperwork, they have an appointment with immigration on the 14 of this month, can they do anything to affect my residency?..i have a job,we were married for 5 years together for 8,no kids but i have a son that only knows him as dad, and he has 2 kids that i know them since they were little, now its just constant fighting wich i dont think its healthy for none of us.. can they do anything?? plese advice.

katherine: Unless someone contacts the government to try to argue that your marriage was fake, then you should be fine. As long as the marriage was "real," then divorce won't cause LPR status to be terminated. One thing is that your sister-in-law cannot withdraw as your co-sponsor. Once a co-sponsor, she remains a co-sponsor until you naturalize. At this point there is no way for her to get out of it.

Iminca: from Xelance: You may have already answered this from DanTes question..but here it goes. Do you know what is going on at Texas Service Center? Does the 5 month processing time really start over if your case is transferred to a different center? I was originally a California Service Center filer with an NOA1 date of July 2nd and was transferred in November along with many other petitions..I have yet to get my NOA2 6 months later, while California Service Center September filers seem to be getting theirs already. Have you got any word about what happened there and WHY they decided to transfer us instead of September/ October filers? What a horrible, unthoughtful move....Thanks for any insight you can give us!

Laurel: Have you ever been in a traffic jam and you switch lanes because the next one over is moving faster. But then as soon as you get in the other lane it slows down and the one you were just in is moving faster. CIS was trying to move your case along faster. It didn't work out, but the move was not horrible or unthoughtful

paradise7n: Hola Laurel! It seems that on the forum we now regularly have a question about how the consulate and medical staff will address a certain tattoo. Most of the time they are not gang-related but could be construed as so (a spider, name of a home town, etc.) Any info from the consulate as to what type of guidelines they follow so that people can be prepared?

Laurel: I've had clients grilled about a single tattoo bearing the name of the alien's wife. I don't think they have any guidelines.

carol: Hello Laurel, how are you? I went to US on Dec 2005 with K1 visa, and liveed with my bf for 5 years and never got married, and 2 months ago, I came back to China, because my Dad was very sick, and my bf want to come to get married this year, I knew I was overstayed in US for more than 4 years, if we get married this year in my country, do I have 10 years bar? and can I apply for waiver? Can you take my case? My bf is still the same one who applied K1 for me. Thank you!

katherine: It sounds as though unfortunately, you will have a 10-year bar, and you will need a waiver. From what you're telling me, it does sound as though you are also eligible for a waiver. In order for us to know whether or not we can take your case, you will need to do a consultation. We just need a bit more information.

Mendoza: In the case of an LPR that has a spouse that is undocumented, when that person goes to naturalize, is it okay to put that their spouse has no status for that question?

rohan81: Hi Laurel, for the first time in almost ten years, my husband (EWI with ULP of 14 years) and I (USC) are finally considering consular procesing at CDJ, except that we are scared to death about the violence down there. Do you think they will move the IV processing unit to another consulate (Mexico City?) anytime in the near future? How can I advocate for this? I haven't heard anyone else making noise about this, and I'd like to, I'm just not sure who to make noise to.

Laurel: They just moved the consulate to a brand new building in CDJ. They are not going anywhere anytime soon. The consulate is in a relatively safe part of the city. While I have heard of some isolated incidents in the past, none of my clients has had any incidents in Juarez. The drug war is real and people really are getting killed. But you are not walking into a crossfire the second you step foot in CDJ. It's not quite as bad as all that.

Laurel: " In the case of an LPR that has a spouse that is undocumented, when that person goes to naturalize, is it okay to put that their spouse has no status for that question?"

This one accidentally got posted without a response.

Revealing to CIS that someone is out of status always carries some risk. But I have not heard of any incidents where ICE came after an unlawfully present spouse because of what the naturalizing spouse put down on the N-400.

Iminca: From Richi: Hi Laurel/Katherine. First of all happy new year to you both, I hope you both enjoyed the holidays and hopefully you're now fully recovered laurel.

I just want to say thank you for your help on these wednesday chats - to the both of you. your wisdom and advice really helped me. I was denied at the interview due to my overstay, in london. I filed the waiver the same day (nov 30) and was approved 3 weeks later. My passport arrived in my hand today and im so relieved. without your help on here an i2us.net - i would have been lost beyong belief. i hope you have a great, healthy and prosperous new year. best wishes to you both.

Laurel: Three weeks?? That's incredibly short for an I-601. Perhaps you're speaking of a nonimmigrant waiver. I'm glad you benefitted from the information we provide.

Iminca: For CDJ, seems like the new U.S Visa website is allowing people to schedule their I-601 waivers appointments, BEFORE attending their IV appointments. Do you suggest on waiting after the visa appointment before scheduling the waiver appointment? And how much information can you share with us regarding this new website? I guess this question was expected.

Laurel: I am unaware that such a change in procedure has occurred. I will see what I can find out.

mm2474: avg processing time at Bangkok for I 601, may I know?

katherine: Honestly, I'm not completely positive . . . maybe around 6 months right now.

Betsy: On the i-130 application, it asks to put family name in CAPS. My naturalization certificate has both last names, so do I opnly list the last name I use (I dont use teh second one) in caps or both?

Laurel: You can either use both last names or just the first last name, whichever you prefer. Just try to be consistent with your social security card, driver's license, health insurance card and any other documentation or applications.

tdc923: So you have had VD absconder cases that you have sucessfully won?

Laurel: Yes, but it's a much tougher win than if the person did not have that history.

Mendoza: Do you know any lawyers that specialize in non-immigrant waivers? This would be for a person who was slapped with 6Cii, they have been living outside of the US for several years now and have made a home in TJ. Things are going really good for them, so they are pretty sure they can prove the non-immigrant intent.

Laurel: You can try Dan Green in upstate New York.

Iminca: Re: Vianey1Rey's question, it was actually the U.S Consulate at CDJ who is giving them a hard time, not the NVC. How should this be handled at this point?

Laurel: It's his discretionary decision. The recommended documentation for the I-864 is meant to help him make a decision on whether the person is likely to become a public charge in the future. For clear cut cases (e.g. if the sponsor makes $100K), the consular officer can't ignore the evidence and demand a co-sponsor. But when the person is right on the edge and barely has enough assets to meet the minimum recommended requirements, the consular officer does have the authority to request a co-sponsor.

SD0305: Thanks for your response. Do you know of any health insurance companies that will cover immigrants with a tax ID# but not a social security#?

Laurel: We do not maintain such a list at this time, no. But that's an idea for the website.

Chucho: Good morning all, my question is: my younger brother was detained by CPB mid last year (inside the US), and has a hearing on the 31st of Jan. He came to this country when he was only 2yrs old, has lived here eversince, and is about to turn 15. He's an examplary student, star athlete and very smart and overall good boy. None of our parents are US citizens, just our aunt and we have basically no family in Mexico that he can go back to. What kind of immigration relief would he have available? I've contacted our Senator in California, but she told us that it's in the hands of a judge and she really can't do much...

katherine: That's a really hard situation, and unfortunately, without a USC or LPR spouse, parent, or child, he really doesn't have any options to speak of. (Unless there is something else to your situation of which I am not aware.) At best, he can probably hope to receive voluntary departure.

Betsy: This question is from my Grandmother: I am 62 years old from Mexico, have entered twice legally with visa and the third time the visa was denied so I EWI in 2001 (no false claim of citizenship). Never been caught or deported. We have no kids, no criminal record, and we receive no government assistance, and he has no family except 2 USC aunts that are around 90 years old (no dependence on hubby though). He is 64 years old and has some medical issues. My visa was denied 3rd time because she did not submit some required paperwork. Would the Pilot Program apply or should she try to get the visa again?

Laurel: Her husband is a USC? If so, then she is a candidate for the foreign-filed waiver program.

spw7826: I-129 K3 Fiance Visa Petition filed in late 2008. Interview in Bogota in May, 2009, and visa denied. I-601 filed shortly thereafter and denied in May, 2010. Were going to file a new I-601 circumstances have changed and waiver case is stronger now. Does the underlying approved I-129 survive like an I-130 so we can just refile an I-601, and will we have to make a new visa application and pay new fees under 9 FAM 42.81 N4.1 since it has been more than a year since visa was denied, but less than a year since waiver was denied?

katherine: Well, whether an I129F stays alive varies by consulate. Unlike I130s, the consulates don't have to keep them alive. In my experience, some do, while others will make you refile. It's best just to ask.

DeLeon: yes!! I will call your office this minute!

Laurel: Well, at this minute I'm on the chat. And then I'm going to lunch. I'm starving.

Chucho: Second question: My wife and I have been married for 4 years now, and have submitted the final paperwork after which we our case will probably be referred to CDJ, and we will need to file an 1-601 waiver. Now, at some point in our relationship we had issues and spit up (but never divorced) we decided to get back together but in the mean time we made it very public, via social networks (facebook, myspace), that we had split up. We are very concerned that either USCIS or NVC hacked into, or potentially saw this information and if it could affect us. I read an article online in which there is a leeaked memo from them stating they are using Social Networks to detect marriage fraud. Any advice?

Laurel: As long as none of the public statements indicated that the marriage was fake, and as long as you also indicated on these social networks that you reconciled, you should be ok. And yes, sometimes CIS does do this kind of internet research for individual cases. You are not being paranoid.

rich: Laurel: reading on various websites theres so many petitions been passed to TSC from CSC. I know the objective was to speed things up, but its not worked. Have you any idea what will happen, a lot are July filers for Spousal visas, were told they'd been approved in Nov/Dec - but have not received their hard i797c notice, nor does the nvc have record of them. do you think the good idea has lead to a major problem with Texas SC?

Laurel: Wow, lots of questions about this. If it's an entire class of individuals and not a single case wherein an office-wide error has occurred, then I would presume CIS is aware of the problem and I would give them a little time to resolve it. Your attorney can check with the AILA liaison for TSC to get more information. I'll see what I can find out and I will post it on the 'news' section on the main page of my website.

Mendoza: "The recommended documentation for the I-864 is meant to help him make a decision on whether the person is likely to become a public charge in the future."....... Thanks for this explanation for the reason for the I-864, it really helps to know how the officer approaches the issue!

Laurel: No problem.

rohan81: Do you generally recommend that the USC petitioning spouse accompany the Mexican spouse to CDJ for any part of the immigrant visa/waiver appointments? Are they even allowed entry to the consulate?

katherine: We leave it up to our clients. While they may (or may not) be allowed in the consulate, they definitely (at least in Mexico) aren't allowed into the interview. However, because there's the possibility that it could help, if even just a little (perhaps the con off notes in the file that the spouse was there, indicating that the spouse cares enough to come), it doesn't usually hurt to go.

Iminca: Really Facebook, myspace??...can and will they use that information against the applicant?

Laurel: It's happening in all areas of law, not just immigration. People are (stupidly) boasting about their criminal exploits on FB and that's being submitted as evidence in criminal cases. People are (stupidly) talking about their romantic affairs on FB and that's being submitted as evidence in divorce cases. People are dissing their employer on FB and that's being submitted as evidence in wrongful termination suits. Yep.

tdc923: sorry to keep asking but my husband is the VD absconder, other than this he has no criminal history, would you take our case?

Laurel: We have to review the entirety of the case in the context of a consultation in order to determine whether we would take the case. That's what a consultation is all about.

Betsy: Can you please tell me the name of the app for the foreign filed waiver program? Will she still be required to leave?. Yes, hubby is natural born USC.

Laurel: I-601. Yes, she will probably have to leave, but I would need to review the whole case.

Betsy: Regarding my last name(s). My SS card, Driver's license, and Insurance card have just my first name, middle initial, last name. BUT, my Naturalization certifacte and passport has both last names. What to do? thanks!

Laurel: That's fine. You're doing it right. The naturalization certificate and passport will always have both last names. If you want to use just the first last name then it's all those other documents that would have just the first last name. You're all good. On the I-130, you can use just your first last name and then where it asks for aliases or 'other names used', that's where you put your full legal name with both last names as it appears on your naturalization certificate.

Laurel: Ok, here's info for the phone number to make the waiver appointment:

To make waiver appointments, you can go online at http://mexico.usvisa-info.com/. You can also call a local Mexican number depending where you are located.

Acolman 52-222-5763899, Aguascalientes - 52-227-4624762, Celaya 52-334-6241978, Huejotzingo 52-444-2402448, Irapuato 52-449-4628591, Leon 52-461-1623595, Puebla 52-551-1634677, Queretaro 52-594-1004537,

Saltillo -52-722-4622248, San Luis Potosi 52-814-6242508, San Martin 52-844-2504138, Toluca 52-867-2333638, Ciudad Juarez 52-656-2121016, Guadalajara 52-334-6240367 or 52-442-3489542, Hermosillo 52-662-4562526, Monterrey 52-814-6244467 or 524623873637, Mexico City 52-554-7707716 or 52-248-4623439,

Nogales 52-631-4552516, Nuevo Laredo 52-867-1332606 or 524774933832, Tijuana 52-644-1406041

There is no charge to make an appointment now.

mm2474: is it advisable to assume that my application for I 601 will be in process, without having any receipts or documents from Consulate?

Laurel: No. Unless it's Mexico you should do an inquiry with the appropriate CIS office about 60 days after filing with the consulate.

Laurel: It is not necessary to do so in Mexico because your referral notice is effectively your receipt notice.

Laurel: It is almost noon. It's been a hopping chat today!!

Laurel: I hope you all like the new website. I will be continuing to add features throughout the month of January, so come back often. And send me letters you've written to Congress or the media so I can post them.

Edited by RichiJenny

USCIS California Service Center - Expedited

09-SEP-2010 : Mailed I130 Petition to Chicago Lockbox.

16-SEP-2010 : Received NOA1.

24-SEP-2010 : Expedite: service request

05-OCT-2010 : Supporting documents sent to CSC.

16-OCT-2010 : RFE received.

19-OCT-2010 : RFE response received at CSC.

22-OCT-2010 : I130 Petition APPROVED.

30-OCT-2010 : NOA2 Received in Mail

NVC - Expedited

27-OCT-2010 : Case Number Assigned

02-NOV-2010 : Expedite request emailed to NVC

10-NOV-2010 : Expedite approved - Case forwarded to Consulate

12-NOV-2010 : Medical

US Embassy - Expedited

18-NOV-2010 : Packet 3 email received.

19-NOV-2010 : Emailed DS230, DS2001

30-NOV-2010 : Interview - 9am Denied: 3 year bar (overstay) - i601 Waiver filed with expedite request

01-DEC-2010 : MP requests assistance from US Ambassador

03-DEC-2010 : Waiver transferred from USCIS to DHS

11-DEC-2010 : Waiver Receipt notification dated 07-DEC-2010

20-DEC-2010 : VISA/Waiver Approved

22-DEC-2010 : Approval letter received

24-DEC-2010 : Passport collected by courier

10-JAN-2011 : CR1 Visa Issued by IVU London

11-JAN-2011 : Passport / Visa delivered.

18-JAN-2011 : POE: EWR (Newark, New Jersey)

17-FEB-2011 : Welcome Letter Arrived

19-FEB-2011 : Green Card I-551 Arrived

I-130 Mailing to Approval (incl. waiver): 102 Days

OCT 2012 : Applied for Removal of Conditions

DEC 2012 : Received NOA1 (GC extention letter)

18-JAN-2013 : Biometrics walk in approved and completed

That first question was mine, the one without the details. She says that I should be thankful! Let's all be thankful for this!

*eats cookie*

yeMBfha.jpg

I think you'll find over the next week or two she will investigate this. The more info you can give her the better, and obviously the more people that pose the questions that are similar will have a positive effect on the action she may or may not be able to take.

NVC - Expedited

US Embassy - Expedited

30-NOV-2010 : Interview - 9am Denied: 3 year bar (overstay) - i601 Waiver filed with expedite request

I think you'll find over the next week or two she will investigate this. The more info you can give her the better, and obviously the more people that pose the questions that are similar will have a positive effect on the action she may or may not be able to take.

I hope so, thanks for posting it!

:)

yeMBfha.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

While I was reading that I snapped the pencil in my hand in half.

That first question was mine, the one without the details. She says that I should be thankful! Let's all be thankful for this!

*eats cookie*

07-20-2010 NOA1

02-11-2011 NOA2

03-09-2011 Sent both packages to NVC

03-28-2011 Case complete

03-31-2011 Expedite Request Sent

s-event.png

*eats cookie*

More evidence that very few people really understand what is going on here. Maybe Laurel WILL now get the gist of things. We should flood her website with letters as she requested.

Our attorney said virtually the same thing.

Edited by Val and Gary

04/2010 - Marriage in Weirsdale, Florida

USCIS

07-07-2010 Filed I-130 - K3

07-12-2010 Priority date

07-23-2010 NOA1 (California Service Centre)

11-03-2010 Transfer to Texas Service Centre

01-24-2011 NOA2 NVC

02-26-2011 Case #

02-28-2011 Docs delivered to NVC

03-06-2011 NVC received docs

03-06-2011 NVC SIF & Expedite approved

04-06-2011 Medical exam - Failed (bad cold - shadow on lung)

06-13-2011 2nd Medical exam - Passed

06-22-2011 Interview at London Embassy - denied due to previous overstay (3 year bar)

07-06-2011 I 601 Waiver accepted at London

07-19-2011 MP & Senator wrote to US Embassy to request expedite

08-13-2011 I 601 approved!

08-22-2011 Visa delivered

09-07-2011 POE Orlando - took 20 minutes to be admitted

I-751

08-15-2013 I-751 Received by Vermont service center

08-21-2013 I-751 Application check cashed

08-22-2013 I-751 NOA1 received dated 08-16-2013

*eats cookie*

Oh yes we are all thankful!!! devil.gifmad.gifcrying.gif

USCIS journey
07/30/2010 I-130 sent
08/13/2010 NOA1
11/02/2010 Transferred to TSC
01/13/2011 NOA2 (approved in 5 months and 2 days since NOA1)
01/21/2011 Received hard copy of NOA2

USCIS journey completed in 155 days [165 days since priority date]

02/08/2011 TSC shipped approved petition to NVC

NVC journey (after 1 months and 5 days since approval)
02/17/2011 NVC case number assigned & invoice number given
02/18/2011 Emailed DS-3032
02/23/2011 Paid AOS
02/24/2011 DS-3032 accepted, received confirmation email.
02/24/2011 AOS fee marked as PAID
02/25/2011 AOS package sent
02/25/2011 IV fee invoiced and paid
02/28/2011 IV marked as paid, IV package sent
03/15/2011 SIF!!!
03/16/2011 Case complete!
03/25/2011 Interview date assigned
04/11/2011 Medical- DONE!!!!

05/10/2011 Interview - approved!

05/12/2011 Visa received by courier
06/06/2011 POE Dublin
07/05/2011 Welcome letter received
07/25/2011 Received GREEN CARD!

08/01/2011 Social security by mail

11/09/2011 Driver licence in hand! Wooo hooo wink.png

ROC
15/04/2013 ROC docs sent to Vermont

03/05/2013 NOA1 received

05/10/2013 Biometrics letter received

More evidence that very few people really understand what is going on here. Maybe Laurel WILL now get the gist of things. We should flood her website with letters as she requested.

Do you believe that immigration lawyer can actually influence TSC work? Hummm... I am somehow pessimistic about that... Even if USCIS people gave nonsense information to a senator, so she is just one of many lawyers to them...

USCIS journey
07/30/2010 I-130 sent
08/13/2010 NOA1

02/23/2011 Paid AOS
03/15/2011 SIF!!!

06/06/2011 POE Dublin

ROC

03/05/2013 NOA1 received

I think so. As you can see, she did say there were a LOT of questions about the transfer, not all of the questions that were asked get put up, so the topics been brought to the forefront now, with her. If it continues Im sure she'll get to the bottom of it. But its definitely something worth keeping on top of with her.

It was apparent she knew nothing about the situation prior to today, or indeed the scale or severity of it. Next week, may be a different matter.

NVC - Expedited

US Embassy - Expedited

Well, at least this is a step forward not back! So why not! USCIS is very happy that not many people know about this, so the more people find out, the more people talk, the more USCIS butt will be on fire LOL devil.gif

USCIS journey
07/30/2010 I-130 sent
08/13/2010 NOA1

02/23/2011 Paid AOS
03/15/2011 SIF!!!

06/06/2011 POE Dublin

ROC

03/05/2013 NOA1 received

Do you believe that immigration lawyer can actually influence TSC work? Hummm... I am somehow pessimistic about that... Even if USCIS people gave nonsense information to a senator, so she is just one of many lawyers to them...

I think pressure from all quarters WILL make people sit up and take notice. It's like fighting any cause I suppose. Doing nothing means you'll get nothing - doing something gives you at least a chance. We have to keep pro-active on this, and then the damn will break through.

04/2010 - Marriage in Weirsdale, Florida

USCIS

07-07-2010 Filed I-130 - K3

07-12-2010 Priority date

07-23-2010 NOA1 (California Service Centre)

11-03-2010 Transfer to Texas Service Centre

01-24-2011 NOA2 NVC

02-26-2011 Case #

02-28-2011 Docs delivered to NVC

03-06-2011 NVC received docs

03-06-2011 NVC SIF & Expedite approved

04-06-2011 Medical exam - Failed (bad cold - shadow on lung)

06-13-2011 2nd Medical exam - Passed

06-22-2011 Interview at London Embassy - denied due to previous overstay (3 year bar)

07-06-2011 I 601 Waiver accepted at London

07-19-2011 MP & Senator wrote to US Embassy to request expedite

08-13-2011 I 601 approved!

08-22-2011 Visa delivered

09-07-2011 POE Orlando - took 20 minutes to be admitted

I-751

08-15-2013 I-751 Received by Vermont service center

08-21-2013 I-751 Application check cashed

08-22-2013 I-751 NOA1 received dated 08-16-2013

Whoever mentioned influencing???

I wish people would pay attention/read closely before posting.

She has said she will try to find out what is going on, ie reasons for errors/delays/backlog AND how it will be resolved.

Believe me, as ungrateful as some people appear to be, if I were in those shoes, I would feel a lot more comfortable knowing I have an excellent attorney that will try to find out things - free of charge

Skynaut, if you have any better ideas please share them, as there a lot of people looking for the answer. Now you MAY be on the right path to finding one (cant guarantee it - but I think so)

Once you have further info - Im sure laurel will advise accordingly and what panels you should take.

Personally Id have written to the USCIS Ombudsman and be calling the uscis on a daily basis (my wife did/i did do just that re our case, anyway). It annoyed them, but it still got things done.

Personally I take my hat off to the people here who have waited so long, and have done something about it, even if no farther further. Sitting and moaning about it on the net when advice is being offered, for free, isnt going to get you anywhere, I can promise you that.

Read the whole transcript - each case is different and takes a different amount of time to adjudicate too, for what its worth.

NVC - Expedited

US Embassy - Expedited

Whoever mentioned influencing???

I wish people would pay attention/read closely before posting.

She has said she will try to find out what is going on, ie reasons for errors/delays/backlog AND how it will be resolved.

Believe me, as ungrateful as some people appear to be, if I were in those shoes, I would feel a lot more comfortable knowing I have an excellent attorney that will try to find out things - free of charge. Sitting and moaning about it on the net when advice is being offered, for free, isnt going to get you anywhere, I can promise you that.

And I DO hope she will succeed! Just FYI if you are referring to me I am not sitting on the net and moaning, I am just discussing the matter smile.gif

I am tired to have hopes high, had them high all 5 moths that's why I don't want to be too optimistic! I would rather be realistic.

Unfortunately I have no other advice to offer. Besides, don't be too optimistic about her free of charge advice! I have seen many immigration lawyers offering free advices, but none was that helpful, i would rather say general advice, if you want smth more specific, pay money and they will represent you. Isn't that how it works? Well, time will show who is right and who is wrong. Anyways I hope she will get us some more information. Good luck to all of us!

USCIS journey
07/30/2010 I-130 sent
08/13/2010 NOA1

02/23/2011 Paid AOS
03/15/2011 SIF!!!

06/06/2011 POE Dublin

ROC

03/05/2013 NOA1 received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.