Brad and Vika

Back from Ukraine/Czech

176 posts in this topic

Once they are all there. we can build a fence around it and keep them in.

Or nuke it from orbit.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Or nuke it from orbit.

Hey, stop that. I live there!!! Dont' worry, the "barbarians" as we now call the criminals, won't get three feet past my property line. At least I can openly carry on my property and in my home !!!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey, stop that. I live there!!! Dont' worry, the "barbarians" as we now call the criminals, won't get three feet past my property line. At least I can openly carry on my property and in my home !!!

I knew that would draw out Phil! :rofl:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Phil is now Clint Eastwood from Gran Torino. "Get off my lawn."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Phil is now Clint Eastwood from Gran Torino. "Get off my lawn."

I think he even has the M1 to back it up! My dad always said "There ain't nothing a man can't fix with $700 or a .30-06" The $700 may need an adjustment for inflation, but the .30-06 is as good as ever.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

I think he even has the M1 to back it up! My dad always said "There ain't nothing a man can't fix with $700 or a .30-06" The $700 may need an adjustment for inflation, but the .30-06 is as good as ever.

A great quote.

Русский форум член.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

A great quote.

Hey Slim, I seem to remember you own a Wart Hog. How do you like it? Does it have that PDA trigger? OR SAO? How about eating recoil springs? I know those subcompacts can go through some springs. I'm looking for a small 1911 style in .45. Maybe Para or maybe Kimber?

Timeline

Hey Slim, I seem to remember you own a Wart Hog. How do you like it? Does it have that PDA trigger? OR SAO? How about eating recoil springs? I know those subcompacts can go through some springs. I'm looking for a small 1911 style in .45. Maybe Para or maybe Kimber?

I have and carry (most of the time)a Kimber Ultra CDP. Great little gun! I have fired at least 500 rounds through of all types of ammo, probably 75% cast bullets (truncated roundnose) and never a malfunction. The original grips, checkered rosewood, did terrible things to my flanks under a shirt, so I changed them to smooth rosewood, other than that it is as it came from the box, but that includes a lot of otherwise "custom" features. When I need a smaller gun, I carry a Colt M1903 .32 ACP hammerless. Kind of a weenie mouse gun, but better than a balled up fist. Or a S&W 640 Centennial, .38 +P. No need to take them out of pocket to shoot. I have a bunch of other handguns, but those are about the only three I carry. Once in a while, I take Dad's old M1911 (not 1911A1) out for a walk if I am wearing heavy clothes. Otherwise it lives in the nightstand.

Kimber makes good stuff, VV.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I have and carry (most of the time)a Kimber Ultra CDP. Great little gun! I have fired at least 500 rounds through of all types of ammo, probably 75% cast bullets (truncated roundnose) and never a malfunction. The original grips, checkered rosewood, did terrible things to my flanks under a shirt, so I changed them to smooth rosewood, other than that it is as it came from the box, but that includes a lot of otherwise "custom" features. When I need a smaller gun, I carry a Colt M1903 .32 ACP hammerless. Kind of a weenie mouse gun, but better than a balled up fist. Or a S&W 640 Centennial, .38 +P. No need to take them out of pocket to shoot. I have a bunch of other handguns, but those are about the only three I carry. Once in a while, I take Dad's old M1911 (not 1911A1) out for a walk if I am wearing heavy clothes. Otherwise it lives in the nightstand.

Gary, I like Kimber guns a lot...as do the FBI and other law enforcement organizations I believe. I'll look up the Ultra CDP and research it (looking is more fun than buying!). Kimber's aren't cheap but have a good rep.

I have thought of going with a .32 like a little Beretta Tomcat or some of the older 32s for a pocket gun. I got a Sig Sauer P238 .380 which is really almost exactly like the old Colt Mustang but supposedly better. But the gun has had problems for many owners. Lots of FTE, FTF, etc. Mine has been pretty reliable but has had an occasional hiccup which makes me want to sell it and find something fully reliable or else have a good gunsmith work on it.. I think one thing about the Sig is if you stick with FMJ ammo it works ok. When you introduce the JHP ammo then you get problems. And now Sig says you need to change the recoil springs more often and they keep introducing different magazines for it, They're on version number three already. I'm a Sig fan but this little gun has not met the usual Sig standards. And they are not cheap.

Ahhhh back to the good ol' days of the VJ RUB forum. The holidays must be here upon us again!

I owned a Wart Hog. Unfortunately, it was destroyed by the so-called defenders of our great city as part of my sentencing on non-violent misdemeanor charges.

I loved it. It was a great little pistol and as soon as I'm legally permitted to do so, I'll be purchasing another. (If I'm issued my carry license again. If not, I'll be going with a P-14 and open carrying.) It was SAO and I never had any issues with the recoil springs. The owner prior to me (I bought it used) had some issues with something because it was sent back to the factory for all types of stuff to be revamped. Once I had it, I never had a single issue at all. It was flawless and I shot the piss out of it.

I did a little research on why it was sent back and apparently almost all manufacturers recommend a break-in period of 350+ rounds on a 1911-style pistol, especially the smaller ones. From the chat boards I've read it seems most "experts" (keyboard commandos) recommened shooting 500+ before carrying. Apparently the owner prior to me shot a few rounds, had some issues, and sent it back. Once I got it and shot the piss out of it, it must've worked out all the issues. I guess that dude just didn't shoot it enough.

The boards that I read basically said if you buy a 1911-style pistol you should buy about 200 rounds with it and shoot them immediately, ignoring any malfs because the springs are set heavy and they will cause malfs until it's broken in properly. Once you get past 200 you should take another 150 or so and start dialing in the sights. The next 150 should be to perfect your draw and firing from different positions, etc. Basically, after 500 rounds you're ready to carry.

Kimber has actually advertised their pistols with a "no need to break-in" policy since they're ready to go from the factory. They have a stellar reputation and without fail, every Kimber I've ever shot has been a first-class pistol. They are worth the money.

Keep in mind the Para and the Kimber are about the same size. However, the Para is a double stack and has a fatter grip. That does make a difference not only while concealing but also grip and presentation. The Para is probably a harder gun to shoot.

As for PDA or SAO, I prefer SAO. I have a safety, so why would I need DA?

The Para I had was a Nite Hawg. Dark black with night sights. I'll never carry a pistol without night sights. Never. Unless it's that Kimber with the laser. That's a bad mofo right there!

Unlike most high priced gun stuff I've seen, Kimber actually lives up to the hype. They are worth the money.

Kimber's aren't cheap but have a good rep.

I have thought of going with a .32 like a little Beretta Tomcat or some of the older 32s for a pocket gun.

If money isn't an issue, the Kimber CDP is one of your best bets for a carry gun.

If money is an issue, check out the new Ruger LCP/LCR or even the newer Taurus pocket guns. Kel-Tec makes fine carry guns as well. Any of those can be had for under $400.

The Para Wart Hawgs are right in the middle on the price spectrum.

Русский форум член.

Timeline

I will vouch for my CDP as not needing any break in. It has worked perfectly from the first shot to the last with any type of ammo I have tried in it, mostly handloads. I use an unusual technique for .45 handloads (I actually wrote an article on this some years ago that was in the American Rifleman) I use .243 WCF rifle dies to resize .45 ACP cases. Ths puts a slight, very slight, taper on the case and eliminates any need for any separate taper crimp and has given more reliable feeding in my .45s (except the CDP that seems to work with anything anyway) I have an original M1911, and two commercial 1911A1s...a series 80 Gov't model and a series 70 Commander. I had a series 80 "Officers Model" which I traded in for the Kimber. Anyway, all of them worked better with the cases resized in .243 dies.

I was never a fan of the SIG P230 because it seems to me it is too large for a .380. You can get a 9mm or even some of the small .45s in the same size package The .380 was never very interesting to me, I have a US made stainless Walther PPK/s but almost never use it. It seems like it belongs dropped in a pocket rather than for holster carry, but for that use I have the S&W Centennial which seems even better. I am not knocking the .380 or the quality of the P230, it just never made the hit parade for me.

Gary And Alla

I had a Lorcin L-380 and it was a pretty decent little pistol. Heavy as heck but it did the job for a high school kid!

Русский форум член.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Actually have more than one.....and the ammo to back them up.

I have a nice Kimber Ultra Raptor II.

"Why do you carry a 45?" "Because, they don't make a 46."

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Actually have more than one.....and the ammo to back them up.

I have a nice Kimber Ultra Raptor II.

"Why do you carry a 45?" "Because, they don't make a 46."

That's a very nice Kimber smaller 1911...but on the expensive side. Wish I could afford it.

Aren't all Kimbers on the expensive side?

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.