48 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

To deny someone for admitting they smoke and labelling as a habitual drug user based on it is BS - Especially when we have a former President who admitted to it - but then again, he didn't inhale so that makes it okay?

Unfortunately, it's the way it goes - and ANY admission of having tried weed in your past has proven to be a denial in Kingston - ah so it go -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

I think it is way past the time to bump up the thread about how to answer that dreaded question "If you have ever smoked Ganja before".... Anyone from the yardie group know where it is??? I am beating it into my hubby's head....NEVER NEVER NEVER admit to EVER EVER EVER smoking weed. The Jamaican embassy doesn't play!!!! We need to advise any new people going through the process that being honest unfortunately in this situation doesn't win.

Oh and another thing....at my husbands physical..they didn't even ask him anything about if or when was the last time he smoked....hmmmmm

Hmmmm....Intresting and just in case if you dont know USA is all about laws and No one is above the laws...!!!

So we allow the "norm" of the "Jamaican" lifestyle to continue.. to continue to lie and never never admit to smokiing "weed" when it's smared in their system.... guess it's the fault of the IO who pushed them to a "high"

Fix = tell the "weed head people fi stop" and the ones who are challenged to "try" the product to have a stronger will against illegal drug usage.... so they wont turn out to be liars.

Exactly right, just dont do it if it is going to make you mad when you denied the benefits you have aplied for...!!!!

I wasnt going to post a reply but the smart a$$ who just made that comment has me MAD!! first of all it is not "smeared" into the culture, second of all to refer to Jamaicans as weed heads infuriates me even more and the fact that i let some eediat piss me off enough to respond makes me mad at myself. There are many jamaicans who have been banned just for admitting that they have acquaintances who smoke, but they themselves have never smoked...what kinda phockery is that..the list is endless of nonsense reasons ppl get denied so before you spread some more ignorance do some research you eediat!!!!!

Again you are just making statements sitting online on the internet, why dont you go apply for the benefits and make the same statement there????

OK... IT STILL DOENST MATTER... GET OVER ANY COMMENT WRITTEN...! BUT IT'S A PROPER QUESTION ASKED AT THE KINGSTON EMBASSY... PEOPLE WILL BE ASKED.. SO BEST OPTIONIS TO NOT SMOKE THE MESS..!

I'M NOT AN EEIDAT LIKKLE DUMMY .. BUT WONT NAME U BUT IF IT FIT THEN WARE IT YUH LUK GUDDONT HAVE ASSOCIATES THAT SMOKE.. CHOOSE "FRIENDS WISELY" DONT HAVE MOM OR DAD OR a ANNNY SIMILING GRANNY OR AUNTS THAT SMOKE.... GO FIGURE.. GUESS THAT WONT BE DENIDED ON SUCH GROUNDS.. I'M NOT MAD ABOUT THE QUESTION... It's US Immigration at the Kingston Office.. havent you noticed..? It's the Jamaican culture.. BUT have said what should be told and I'm done. hahah I'm gonna go enjoy my Vacation "in Jamaica"

Right again...this is the fix...DONT DO IT...period.

By all means enjoy and try not to hang around any weed heads, while in di yaad :thumbs:

I hate when I see alot of people in chicken fight over nothing, But i will say this again "Law is Law and no body is Above the Law...!!!

Timeline

I hate when I see alot of people in chicken fight over nothing, But i will say this again "Law is Law and no body is Above the Law...!!!

Yes, law is law - but do your research, it is NOT applied unilaterally - there was a K1 poster from Mexico who admitted to not only marijuana, but COCAINE - and they were approved - there are other countries that do not even test. If the law is the law is the law - then it should apply for every single consulate - Until it does, there is plenty to argue about.

We have seen many people through Jamaica, who despite trying to be honest and admit, yes - when I was young and dumb, I tried it - had a CLEAN medical - and still got denied - that is not applying the LAW and no where in the LAW does it say that you can never ever had tried any illegal substance - the law is supposed to be applied to a current user - and in the case of the Mexican fiance - it wasn't an issue - Or our former President.

How many American teens can say that they never tried something - that they never were at a party where others were smoking or more?

So although the law is the law - until the Jamaican consulate applies that on par with EVERY other consulate - there is only one option.

Yes, law is law - but do your research, it is NOT applied unilaterally - there was a K1 poster from Mexico who admitted to not only marijuana, but COCAINE - and they were approved - there are other countries that do not even test. If the law is the law is the law - then it should apply for every single consulate - Until it does, there is plenty to argue about.

We have seen many people through Jamaica, who despite trying to be honest and admit, yes - when I was young and dumb, I tried it - had a CLEAN medical - and still got denied - that is not applying the LAW and no where in the LAW does it say that you can never ever had tried any illegal substance - the law is supposed to be applied to a current user - and in the case of the Mexican fiance - it wasn't an issue - Or our former President.

How many American teens can say that they never tried something - that they never were at a party where others were smoking or more?

So although the law is the law - until the Jamaican consulate applies that on par with EVERY other consulate - there is only one option.

As i replied earlier..why dont you make these statements when they are interviewing you go ahead, no body is stoping you...raise your voice in front of the consular officer...!!! I do not need to do the research "Drugs are Drugs" they became illigal after research...and your alot of other countries comment....why you choose to apply benefits for USA why not other country....????

Edited by Davis1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

WHOOOOOOA! Didn't need to stir up so much drama...was just asking a simple question. I'm sorry that my husband's weed smoking past is so upsetting to some people. Fortunately for both him and I, I love him just the same. As Sus said, former presidents have admitted to smoking the drug...and I would say 80% of the people I know HERE in the US (from engineers to teachers to nurses) have tried it at least once...banning someone from the US for trying it, or even using it in their past, in my opinion, shouldn't happen. I agree with banning people who are current users...but come on....

I hate to be negative - but I am wondering if there is a typo in the letter - There were two yardies here, yankee being one, who got the ban - they had to wait it out and refile. I think I would email the embassy and ask for clarification - did they give him a specific date and appointment to return? You might want to email the embassy and ask for an appt, if not - attach a copy of the letter and see what they reply

I thought the exact same thing, but my husband said that the CO told him to get a new medical done 10 days before December 1st so that he could get the results and return to the Embassy after that. I e-mailed the Embassy Friday afternoon....expecting to hear back from them early this week. Thanks for your help! :)

Timeline

As i replied earlier..why dont you make these statements when they are interviewing you go ahead, no body is stoping you...raise your voice in front of the consular officer...!!! I do not need to do the research "Drugs are Drugs" they became illigal after research...and your alot of other countries comment....why you choose to apply benefits for USA why not other country....????

Reading is fundamental - if an admission of drug use makes someone inadmissable to the US, then it makes them inadmissable no matter what country they come from - Until they do, and EVERY consulate tests and asks, it's a bias, plain and simple.

I thought the exact same thing, but my husband said that the CO told him to get a new medical done 10 days before December 1st so that he could get the results and return to the Embassy after that. I e-mailed the Embassy Friday afternoon....expecting to hear back from them early this week. Thanks for your help! :)

CJB I pray that things will work out for the best for you - come down to the regional forum, it's easier to find people who understand the ins and outs of the Jamaican Consulate ... please keep us posted!

Timeline

So I've been doing some more research...and found this on the USCIS website. I posted the site's link below and also cut out the portions I think apply to my case.

The first paragraph explains that he'd be sent for a new medical...and the second paragraph states that he should be re-evaluated 12 months into remission (which would be December).

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/Revised%20Tech%20Instructions%20Phys%20Mental%20Substance%20Disorders%20-%20June2010.pdf

For cases previously refused under 212(a)(1)(A)(iii)and 212(a)(1)(A)(iv)due to a Class A medical finding:

(1) If the last refusal on the case was less than one year ago, send the the applicant to the panel physician for a new medical examination to determine whether the Class A finding for physical and mental disorders with associated harmful behaviors and/or substance‐related disorders still applies. A new medical is required, regardless of whether the previous exam has expired. If the applicant is found Class B, overcome/waive the 212(a)(1)(a)(iii) or (iv) refusal and send a CLOK request. If the applicant is otherwise eligible, then you may issue the visa.

(4) The current version of the DSM defines sustained, full remission as a period of at least 12 months during which no substance use or associated harmful behavior have occurred. The panel physician has discretion to use their clinical judgment to determine if 12 months is an acceptable period of time for an individual applicant to demonstrate sustained, full remission.

Timeline

@ Davis1, im not sitting on the internet doing ish but minding my business, you act as if someone has something to hide, in reference to the comment you made, about make those statements to the CO.Pleeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze, your entitled to your opinions and im entitled to mine, my point is it infuriates me when people make generalized statements about a race or culture as a whole. I assume since you have time to point out all of the things you want to highlight, that you are above reproach, or you dont associate with any one who has ever smoked,....

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This Conversation still going..? Hahaha makes no real sense... even so.. I got an interview tomorrow.. a double interview really ... I'll be glad to post the status update when they're done.. Guess my parents doesnt have black lips.. burnt lips and wont show up at the interview with redness in their eyes..... so the question would not come about..

I'm just sayin to all.... dont say what happend in China, Mexico.. ya'll ain't there.. I'm talkin about the Kingston office.. I'm sure we know of parents, family members etc who send off minors to the store who are maybe as young as 8 years old to the shop or the corner "fi go buy da ting deh.." So lil jonny or sanda goes to the store and delivered the messages by voice or note sey "wrap it up good.." Many of us cause these this to become a problem. Someone once said that children in America or Adults Alike may have tried the drug or have associated with other who might have.... BUT that ain't ya'll business.. they not tryin to go now where.. ya'll the ones tryin to get to their Country and then putting up a front and finding all trix neccessay to reach the usa to be with fiance, wife, mom, dad, sister or just on some business sh!t. Dont blame anyone else for the quetsions asked... implemented processes like dna testing (blame your neighbors that keep on tryin to FILE for their cousins as their sons etc.) There was a GIRL on here who had concerns because her BOYFRIEND wanted to marry his sister to get her to the usa.. and the idot wanted to use a dead person's Name.. how foolish..

I guess all these hoops that we gotta jump thru .. many are caused by ourselves... you dissagree..? The people who had paid for their Police Certificate and obtained a TRUE copy of thier past had to pasy at the expense of the people... becuase you have these people paying off the workers, police to get somethin different... Dont say it's a gov't thing.. because it's not... The people = the government... that's that..!

Havent you ALL noticed that a goood moral character reaaaallly goes a long way..?

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

I agree with you about the problem, Ricardo - I agree with you that past history has made things more difficult. However, if an admission of drug use triggers a ban - then it should be applied unilaterally, since it is the American consulate making the decision, no matter what country the beneficiary is from - that was the point that I was making. The American consulates, worldwide, should be operating under the same guidelines.

Even within the Jamaican Consulate itself - if what CJB has found is correct, and they are eligible to do a second medical and get a visa (and I hope for their sake it is), then JA itself has discrepancies - because there are two members here who filed a K1 and triggered a two year ban based on admission of trying it in their past - both with clean medicals. They both married and refiled when the ban was up - But why did they get a ban and CJB got a new medical?

@ Davis1, im not sitting on the internet doing ish but minding my business, you act as if someone has something to hide, in reference to the comment you made, about make those statements to the CO.Pleeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze, your entitled to your opinions and im entitled to mine, my point is it infuriates me when people make generalized statements about a race or culture as a whole. I assume since you have time to point out all of the things you want to highlight, that you are above reproach, or you dont associate with any one who has ever smoked,....

There you go again...I guess you like to argue, I assume this is what drugs do to you...You have been told the Fix..Either stop doing it...or deal with the situation after...your choice.....Good Luck

Timeline

There you go again...I guess you like to argue, I assume this is what drugs do to you...You have been told the Fix..Either stop doing it...or deal with the situation after...your choice.....Good Luck

Davis - you are the one who is not getting it - If you filled in your timeline / profile information, we might know what country you were from - but obviously you are missing the gist of the conversation here - NO ONE has said it is okay to do it - And your advice to stop doing it? That's a BAN in Jamaica - which is the point you seem to miss - whether you do it or have done it - or even been around it.

Davis - you are the one who is not getting it - If you filled in your timeline / profile information, we might know what country you were from - but obviously you are missing the gist of the conversation here - NO ONE has said it is okay to do it - And your advice to stop doing it? That's a BAN in Jamaica - which is the point you seem to miss - whether you do it or have done it - or even been around it.

No no you got it wrong you still will be able to live in Jamaica but will be denied benefits for US...!!! I hope this make sense.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Got Approved for my Mother and Father as of 1210pm .....

We did receive a BLUE PAPER because my mother failed to take addtional documents with her.. (old passport with active us visa) ... Feeel free to checkout the Embassy review for the Jamaica consulate after 30 min. from this post...

Thank you Guys..

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.