agv1974

denied k-1 visa

92 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well we are going to continue with the next step which is to wait for the application to get back to USCIS. And maybe contact an attorney.

Good luck and best wishes!

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We met on face book oct. 2009 and i filed the application june 2010.

This is just my opinion but, I really feel it is a timeframe thing. This consulate seems to be very picky on timeframes and age differences and the age is not the problem here if you are aonly 2 years apart. The long getting to know you process seems to work well with this consulate.

When I say long getting to know you I am talking about this kind of example: meeting online and talking online and phone and letter for about a year or more then a long visit more than 3 weeks in Morocco with your SO and then coming back and communitcating for a period of time and then filing for the K1.

This is my opinion with watching this process for almost 3 years now: slow and steady wins the race.

So here is my suggestion. Try to fight it getting sent back to the US but if they say it has already been sent back then I would suggest you plan another trip there in 2011 and come back and refile the K1 or get married and do a CR-1.

I wish you the best!!!!

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Filed: Timeline

This is just my opinion but, I really feel it is a timeframe thing. This consulate seems to be very picky on timeframes and age differences and the age is not the problem here if you are aonly 2 years apart. The long getting to know you process seems to work well with this consulate.

When I say long getting to know you I am talking about this kind of example: meeting online and talking online and phone and letter for about a year or more then a long visit more than 3 weeks in Morocco with your SO and then coming back and communitcating for a period of time and then filing for the K1.

This is my opinion with watching this process for almost 3 years now: slow and steady wins the race.

So here is my suggestion. Try to fight it getting sent back to the US but if they say it has already been sent back then I would suggest you plan another trip there in 2011 and come back and refile the K1 or get married and do a CR-1.

I wish you the best!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well we are going to continue with the next step which is to wait for the application to get back to USCIS. And maybe contact an attorney.

an attorney will help in any way, so that money you gonna spend for that, purshase a ticket to go meet your hubby to spend time with him then get more evidence for your case, then come in visa journey i guess people in here are more helpfull then any attorney. good luck

what's matters to you? what are you doing or what people think about what are you doing?

I contacted them by email and was informed that the case has been sent back. And I am planning on visiting in 2011. Thank you for the suggestion.

an attorney will help in any way, so that money you gonna spend for that, purshase a ticket to go meet your hubby to spend time with him then get more evidence for your case, then come in visa journey i guess people in here are more helpfull then any attorney. good luck

Will do ........ thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I contacted them by email and was informed that the case has been sent back. And I am planning on visiting in 2011. Thank you for the suggestion.

Will do ........ thanks

They denied it for lack of a bona-fide relationship. You two know now what you need to do, generate evidence, all sorts of evidence. Go to the regional forum and determine what types of evidence this Embassy likes to see. Do that, even if you do not normally do that. You must prove you have a relationship to the next stranger who looks at your case.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

They denied it for lack of a bona-fide relationship. You two know now what you need to do, generate evidence, all sorts of evidence. Go to the regional forum and determine what types of evidence this Embassy likes to see. Do that, even if you do not normally do that. You must prove you have a relationship to the next stranger who looks at your case.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yes thats what seems to be the problem ...... but i will keep all proof of contact between from here on out. Thanks for posting ..... :thumbs:

NO......just re-visiting and keeping proofs are/may not be enough. Morroco is a tough nut to crack. Educate yourself on the regional forum and find out what evidences others used when successful. Change how you communicate to generate the desired evidence; you two have to jump through extra hoops because next time there will be increased scrutiny. It isn't pleasant but if you two really want to be together, you both can do it. Now, just do it.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Here is a copy of the reply I recived from the embassy when i emailed them yesterday.....

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your email inquiry. We strongly reject your allegation that the interviewing officer did not issue a visa because of some kind of prejudice. Our officers are professionals and under no circumstances act with a basis of prejudice. Before returning your petition to the Department of Homeland Security's Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for further review, the consular section chief reviewed the file and supported the decision of the interviewing officer to recommend the case for revocation. At this point the Consulate is unable to take any further action on the case, as we no longer have the file. The Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services will be contacting you to discuss the return of the petition to their office. If you wish to contact them, their customer service number is 1-800-375-5283. However you are advised to wait a few weeks before contacting USCIS to allow them to receive and review the file.

Due to the personal nature of the information, the file was sent via registered diplomatic pouch (#******).

Timeline

Did you ask why they recommended revocation? What kind of prejudice did you think there was?

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

At the time when I emailed them I didn't know why they denied my fiancé the visa so I came to the conclusion that maybe the person that interviewed him had a problem with him due to prejudice, since she had told him all his paper work was fine. I did email them again today asking them to give me a specific reason for the denial. I'm glad that I joined visa journey. All the posts are helpful during this ruff time .....

Timeline

At the time when I emailed them I didn't know why they denied my fiancé the visa so I came to the conclusion that maybe the person that interviewed him had a problem with him due to prejudice, since she had told him all his paper work was fine. I did email them again today asking them to give me a specific reason for the denial. I'm glad that I joined visa journey. All the posts are helpful during this ruff time .....

We appreciate hearing about your situation too. You are helping us. Thanks.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

At the time when I emailed them I didn't know why they denied my fiancé the visa so I came to the conclusion that

maybe the person that interviewed him had a problem with him due to prejudice,
since she had told him all his paper work was fine. I did email them again today asking them to give me a specific reason for the denial. I'm glad that I joined visa journey. All the posts are helpful during this ruff time .....

:wow:

That is such an imature statement. The tone of the responds from embassy replied that aswell.

:ot2:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.