Gilles

Sending money to your wife's family for hospital expenses

170 posts in this topic

How about the men? Do they view it as a business arrangement or an act of love?

Marriage is both and act of love and business arrangement.

I wouldn't marry a person nor get in business with a person who : Lies, Cheat, Steals, Does Drugs, Has poor moral character, Can't handle money, Doesn't want to work, etc.......

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Country:
Timeline
While some people in here have offered some good advice, what many are forgetting is that I love my wife. After reading many of the responses, I get the impression that many of you view bringing a wife over from the Philippines is more a business arrangement than an act of love between the man & woman. If I didn't love my wife and simply viewed it as a business arrangement, I would have had her sent back to the Philippines well over a year ago.

What you're overlooking is the fact that manipulation of this scale is nothing short of an act of war.

Who declares war on someone they love?

She has declared war on you, what does that say?

@Gilles.......Words are cheap. With your latest post, the only person you are distracting from the truth is yourself. Why do you still refuse to acknowledge your dysfunctional behavior?

While some people in here have offered some good advice, what many are forgetting is that I love my wife. After reading many of the responses, I get the impression that many of you view bringing a wife over from the Philippines is more a business arrangement than an act of love between the man & woman. If I didn't love my wife and simply viewed it as a business arrangement, I would have had her sent back to the Philippines well over a year ago.

Do many of the women in here view it as business arrangement or an act of love?

One of the purposes of the marriage immigration processes is to stop such business arrangements.

Edited by Laser1

Geezzz... She is better off without you. I dont know what is your financial status but for a mere 1000 dollars,you want to get your share out of it.

With your attitude. She would have a better life if you just sent her packing back to the Philippines. If you think you are helping her... think again.

Get a mirror and look hard at yourself. And see who you really are. :bonk:

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

You should practice what you preach because we already know the truth about you! :whistle: And what's funny is you know that we know!!! :yes::lol:

:ot2:

Edited by Tahoma

You should practice what you preach because we already know the truth about you! :whistle: And what's funny is you know that we know!!! :yes::lol:

:ot2:

Truth About Me:

Good Looking

Sexy

Attractive

Envy of most male

Heartbreaker to most females

Great Bass Fisherman

Savy BusinessMan

Worshiped like a Greek God in Philippines

Tall

Handsome

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Fascinating for its manipulative content.

You have the false dichotomy between "business arrangement vs Act of Love" in the first place. Yours looks more like war or mutual extortion. So there's a third version right there. But you are projecting the insinuation that others treat their wives as mere commoddities because ironically we treat them as team members and view marriage as mutual cooperation.

Furthermore marriage is definitely a legally binding contract so that much is a tautology, and the contract absolutely does include both sex and economics. In the muslim societies they actually sign both an economic marriage contract, before the wedding, and the civil contract for the government.

In western societies it is often pretended that since everyone is more or less rich relative to the rest of the world that relationships have nothing to do with economic motives. Except you never see these faux princesses marrying bums begging on streetcorners, or even deigning to lower themselves by speaking to them.

If any of us men start laying around on our butts instead of contributing to the marriage in either money or other weight-pulling then our wives are well-advised to leave us for someone who will.

The irony meter is under severe stress. Your theme throughout this whole odyssey has been money. So don't be pointing the finger at others as if it is they who are all about money. It matters. But sheesh, I'm not marrying anyone who got hit with the ugly stick. I want the sporting model, not miss gargantua. She has to think of us as a team. Fit my character. And have a good bass boat.

The truth about me is I am no better than the next guy. Everyone does something better than me.

Edited by rlogan

Truth About Me:

Good Looking

Sexy

Attractive

Envy of most male

Great Bass Fisherman

Savy BusinessMan

Tall

Handsome

b8jkwo.gif

What a great recipe for an emetic! Thanks for sharing! :rofl:

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

Truth About Me:

Good Looking

Sexy

Attractive

Envy of most male

Great Bass Fisherman

Savy BusinessMan

Tall

Handsome

totoy...hindi naman ba masyadong mabigat yang sinusubukan mong buhatin na bangko mo?!?!...tapos ang hangin na bumubuga eh mas malakas pa kesa sa hangin ng pinaka-matinding buhawi na dumaan dyan sa texas. baka mapilayan ka.

Edited by TravellingNomad

I-130 for wife and kids

---------------------------------------------

02/11/2010: I-130 as an LPR mailed certified

02/25/2010: Recvd letters-I-130s was recvd

06/17/2010: Oathtaking - Became a US Citizen

06/21/2010: Called USCIS to let them know to update my I-130 from an LPR petition to a USC petition.

06/25/2010: Case for both sons Touched

06/28/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Oldest son)

06/30/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Wife & youngest son)

07/19/2010: G-325A returned. Incomplete.

07/30/2010: Completed G-325A mailed back via certified mail

08/04/2010: Certified mail delivered at Laguna Niguel

08/07/2010: Touched - UCSIC received reply to RFE

08/13/2010: I-130 APPROVED!!! (recvd email update)

NVC JOURNEY

08/20/2010: NVC recvd I-130 and case number assigned

09/01/2010: Recvd AOS fee bill & DS-3032 via email

09/02/2010: Paid AOS fee & DS-3032 sent back via email

09/13/2010: AOS packet mailed via UPS

09/15/2010: AOS signed for by NVC. IV fee for wife & kids ready.

10/07/2010: Per AVR/NVC - Need to correct I864W for kids

10/11/2010: DS-230 packet & corrected I-864W sent to NVC via UPS

10/15/2010: Recvd and signed for by NVC

11/02/2010: NVC online fee payment portal SIF. NVC adviced that final stages of review.

11/03/2010: AVR - APPLICATION COMPLETED!!

11/10/2010: Medical...1st day at St. Luke's

11/12/2010: Pick up results for Medical - PASSED!

11/16/2010: USEM interview scheduled on 12/14/10

12/14/2010: VISAS APPROVED!!!!

12/20/2010: Visas received

02/22/2011: Cali bound

I'm not marrying anyone who got hit with the ugly stick. I want the sporting model, not miss gargantua. She has to think of us as a team. Fit my character. And have a good bass boat.

:thumbs:

Truth About Me:

Good Looking

Sexy

Attractive

Envy of most male

Great Bass Fisherman

Savy BusinessMan

cannt spel

Tall

Handsome

You forgot to mention that you're a member in good standing and well-respected by your bass club. :whistle::rofl:

totoy...hindi naman ba masyadong mabigat yang sinusubukan mong buhatin na bangko mo?!?!...tapos ang hangin na bumubuga eh mas malakas pa kesa sa hangin ng pinaka-matinding buhawi na dumaan dyan sa texas. baka mapilayan ka.

That Filipino pigeon language is hard to understand or decipher, All I got was I carry my own chair, and some nonsense about air is heavy and tornado in Texas :bonk::bonk:

I suggest trying to learn English, since more than likely you will need it in USA and English come in real handy in Philippines, I was under the impression that most people could speak or write English in PI, unless you never went to school..........

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

That Filipino pigeon language is hard to understand or decipher, All I got was I carry my own chair, and some nonsense about air is heavy and tornado in Texas :bonk::bonk:

I suggest trying to learn English, since more than likely you will need it in USA and English come in real handy in Philippines, I was under the impression that most people could speak or write English in PI, unless you never went to school..........

fingerpoint.gif

for some in this forum english is their second language. play nice, you know what happens when you don't.

vj-ban-hammer.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.