corazónENparaguay

Brazil Visa - Contact info?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Paraguay
Timeline

On the request form for a Brazil Visa it asks for contact info in Brazil. I have not yet made any plans for when or where I'll be in Brazil, I only know I'm traveling to see my fiancée in January. What should I put in for the contact info? Do I leave it blank? Is it important at all?

Thank you.

Paraguay2010076-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

You know that you must use the visa the first time within 90days and they require that if you don't apply in person, you send by express right? Turn around on the vitur is only about 10-14 days, so if your plans have late Jan entry, it may be invalid by the time you want to use it. It's better to wait until you have more concrete plans.

That said, when I applied for my vitur, we didn't have hotel plans, but I'd already bought plane tix and gave my fiance's contact info.

Iirc, they needed to see the itinerary as part of the requirements. Should double check. Overall, it is safer to wait to apply until you've got plans.

I-129F Petition Mailed: 26 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA1: 27 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA2: 15 Jan 2010

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> Married (17 Aug 2010) <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

AP (I-131)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Paraguay
Timeline

You know that you must use the visa the first time within 90days and they require that if you don't apply in person, you send by express right? Turn around on the vitur is only about 10-14 days, so if your plans have late Jan entry, it may be invalid by the time you want to use it. It's better to wait until you have more concrete plans.

That said, when I applied for my vitur, we didn't have hotel plans, but I'd already bought plane tix and gave my fiance's contact info.

Iirc, they needed to see the itinerary as part of the requirements. Should double check. Overall, it is safer to wait to apply until you've got plans.

I wasn't aware of the 90 day requirement, so thank you for pointing that out. I am aware of the express service and I intend to use a 20 day service, because I have the time, and it's cheaper. I intend on buying my plane tickets next week, but my destination isn't Brazil. My destination is Paraguay where my fiancée is. And when we travel into Brazil it'll likely be at our leisure, so I won't have any contact info for Brazil until I'm in Paraguay. So do I just put my fiancée's contact info in Paraguay?

Paraguay2010076-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

When I got my visa I just used my fiancé's information for my contact address. I didn't want to buy the tickets until I knew I'd get the visa so I just went to the airline website, put all the information in as if I was purchasing the tickets right then, printed off the screen that has the summary (before you actually purchase) and sent that in. I had no problems with that and then just purchased the real tickets after I got the visa.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.