belarus1

Wifes 21 yo son coming here?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I disagree. They've been pretty friendly with tourist visas lately. Give it a shot. Worst they can do is say no.

I recommend having him "in school" when he applies. Have him come here for holiday visit and then "back to school." Also show he has a nice place to stay and good program of study that he MUST return to. Documents such as these are easy to "find" in FSU. Find them, and he has a pretty good shot at getting the tourist visa.

Slim, I'm wondering where you got the idea that tourist visas are easier to get for young FSU men? I know your data is some of the most reliable but I have not seen any positive signs. We tried getting my wife's son over here last spring (he was 20 yrs old) and all we did was waste money both for the visa app and sending him to the Embassy and back. Plus, of course, the two plus days train ride each way and disappointment should also be factored in. The interview was maybe 30 seconds. Denied. FYI, he had a job and is a co-owner of my wife's flat, and did his tour in the Russian Army.

We have since filed a I-130 which he qualifies for.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My 21 year old step daughter with no job got a 2 year visitor visa last year. She arrived last night for a 2 week visit. Also filed the I-130 a few years for her so that is still in process.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Slim, I'm wondering where you got the idea that tourist visas are easier to get

They seem to be a lot easier to get than in times past. Back in the day (2005 or so when I started) it was pretty much impossible for anyone to get a tourist visa. It was just unheard of. Lately, it seems like there's a 50/50 or greater shot.

for young FSU men?

You may have me here. It seems in general tourist visas have been granted lately. I thought there were a few young men who'd been issued one but I'll admit, I didn't take into account the sex of the recipient I just remembered folks have gotten them. I could've sworn someone's son or stepson or something like that had been issued one recently.

Either way, I still think there's a better chance now than before. To say they're not issuing them based on your stepson's denial isn't false but it's not all the way accurate either. Folks are getting them. As evidenced by your post it's not so much what they have, it's what they need to come back for. OP should be very keen to note that there has to be a valid reason to return to FSU. Embassy wants a picture painted... paint it!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.