Udella&Wiz

Holier then thou attitude

75 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree the reason I NEVER vote in the US is bc the candidates all get on TV and bash each other....Would you pick a church leader based on how many other peeps he could point out as molosters, or a best friend based on how much they could say other people were bad and making mistakes? Um no. I think people make mistakes and bashing other people is juvenille and not the type of candidate I want to be represented by. I also was taught in school (in america) that to vote and not know exactly what the person you are voting for stands for is irresponsible. (ie if I dont know what two candidates stand for but want to be a good citizen and vote then vote for a POS Ive actually hurt the good guys chances with my lack of knowledge). That is why most of my friends my age dont vote as well. We are ill informed about politics and know it.

July 8, 2010 Filed I-130 (DCF) Calgary AB

event.png

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It is definately a "two way street" for my husband and I....my family in Canada feel free to make completely bizzare comments about American politics or health care or whatever. They make absurd observations and critisims based on being "enlightended" by the media and then filtered by their Canadian political biases. These are well educated people, but really, how arrogant to think they really know about a country they have never lived in?!?!?!? It drives me crazy. ....then here in the States, most of my in-laws are completely condecending. They speak to me slowly and use simple words, so I can understand :blush: and pat me on the head..."poor little Canadian", and if I hear "eh" one more time, I will surely scream! But kidding aside, it is almost that bad. Sadly for me, it goes beyond our families...at work, new staff I have never met make odd comments about my being Canadian. What?..do people feel the need to share that with new people? do they need to make excuses for me? lol

I think it is the common problem of Canada, of the US, and of our planet...we view all other people by our own standards of right or normal, and whether we like to admit it or not, we are a little fearful (at some core level) of "aliens" :D

N-400 Citizenship

Sept. 13, 2011 N-400 sent to Phoenix Lockbox

Sept. 20, 2011 Check cashed

Sept. 23, 2011 NOA rec'd for N-400

Oct. 17, 2011 Biometrics appointment

Nov. 29, 2011 Interview - PASSED! 3yr anniversary not until 12/09/11

Dec. 13, 2011 Status update received "Oath Scheduled"

Dec. 15, 2011 Letter received with Oath date

Dec. 27, 2011 OATH! US Citizen

Timeline

All I hear from when I'm in the states is, "you guys are allowed to smoke pot in front of cops - that's amazing"

Canadians are known for being a bunch of passive aggressive, queen worshiping, pot smoking hippies from what I've seen :lol:

A lot of the Americans I've met are in the military, so it's pretty risky for me to start with my liberal rants, talking about recession, America's massive debt, etc. I do have to keep my sense of decorum in mind, especially after people have had a few drinks :lol:

We're all pretty much the same species though. Like someone else said itt, there are idiots everywhere :yes:

Edited by Gervl

USCIS

Jul 15/11 - Sent I-130 Package from Honolulu

Jul 18/11 - I-130 package received & signed for in Chicago
Jul 19/11 - Priority Date
Jul 21/11 - NOA1/USCIS Acceptance Confirmation received
Jul 29/11 - Received I-797C hard copy
Aug 4/11 - Touched
Feb 16/12 - NOA2 Approval (212 days since Priority Date)

NVC

Feb 28/12 - NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned, Optin E-mail for EP Sent

Mar 2/12 - DS-261 Submitted
Mar 5/12 - Electronic Processing Opt-in Accepted, AOS Invoiced & Paid
Mar 7/12 - NVC receive IV electronic package, AOS shows "Paid", AOS Package Sent
Mar 9/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & Paid
Mar 12/12 - AOS fee shows as "Not Paid - Rejected": Human error. AOS re-paid.
Mar 13/12 - IV is "Paid." Will have to be re-paid post imminent "Rejected" status. NVC e-mail "Checklist Cover Letter" asking for my $$$
Mar 14/12 - IV is "Rejected - Not Paid", Re-paid, AOS is "Paid"
Mar 16/12 - IV is "Paid", DS-260 submitted & Package sent
Mar 19/12 - IV Package Received
Mar 20/12 - Case Complete E-mail Received (21 days at NVC)

Final Steps

Apr 10/12 - Interview date assigned: May 9 @ 8:30AM

May 1/12 - Medical Date
May 9/12 - Interview result: Approved!
Jun 22/12 - POE
Jul 23/12 - SSN assigned
Aug 10/12 - Green card in hand

ROC

Mar 25/14 - ROC sent to CSC

Mar 28/14 - Package delivered to CSC

Apr 1/14 - Check cashed

Apr 3/14 - Received NOA1, Receipt Date: 3/28

Jun 15/14 - Move to San Diego

Jun 23/14 - RFE / Package sent: Aug 6, ETA Aug 8

Aug 22/14 - New Card in Production

Timeline

Funny anecdote actually:

Last summer I was in FL with the boyfriend, and he was selling his phone to a woman. We met at a sprint store, and being a military wife, she trusted my boyfriend enough to ask if I could every babysit her kids, to which I had to kindly decline because I was visiting. But to kill some time, I was chatting with her young daughter (maybe 3 or 4) who was reading some Sprint pamphlet upside down :lol: I asked her "Are you reading a good book?" and she told me yes, and so I followed up with "Oh really? What's it about?"

The mother giggled and asked, "So... how far north are you from?" :lol: When I told her I was Canadian we all had a good laugh :P

(ick, sorry for the double post but it wouldn't let me edit)

Edited by Gervl

USCIS

Jul 15/11 - Sent I-130 Package from Honolulu

Jul 18/11 - I-130 package received & signed for in Chicago
Jul 19/11 - Priority Date
Jul 21/11 - NOA1/USCIS Acceptance Confirmation received
Jul 29/11 - Received I-797C hard copy
Aug 4/11 - Touched
Feb 16/12 - NOA2 Approval (212 days since Priority Date)

NVC

Feb 28/12 - NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned, Optin E-mail for EP Sent

Mar 2/12 - DS-261 Submitted
Mar 5/12 - Electronic Processing Opt-in Accepted, AOS Invoiced & Paid
Mar 7/12 - NVC receive IV electronic package, AOS shows "Paid", AOS Package Sent
Mar 9/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & Paid
Mar 12/12 - AOS fee shows as "Not Paid - Rejected": Human error. AOS re-paid.
Mar 13/12 - IV is "Paid." Will have to be re-paid post imminent "Rejected" status. NVC e-mail "Checklist Cover Letter" asking for my $$$
Mar 14/12 - IV is "Rejected - Not Paid", Re-paid, AOS is "Paid"
Mar 16/12 - IV is "Paid", DS-260 submitted & Package sent
Mar 19/12 - IV Package Received
Mar 20/12 - Case Complete E-mail Received (21 days at NVC)

Final Steps

Apr 10/12 - Interview date assigned: May 9 @ 8:30AM

May 1/12 - Medical Date
May 9/12 - Interview result: Approved!
Jun 22/12 - POE
Jul 23/12 - SSN assigned
Aug 10/12 - Green card in hand

ROC

Mar 25/14 - ROC sent to CSC

Mar 28/14 - Package delivered to CSC

Apr 1/14 - Check cashed

Apr 3/14 - Received NOA1, Receipt Date: 3/28

Jun 15/14 - Move to San Diego

Jun 23/14 - RFE / Package sent: Aug 6, ETA Aug 8

Aug 22/14 - New Card in Production

My family in canada actually gave me a lot of ####### about moving to the US.. I immigrated to Canada from SA and then met my American hubby.. My family actually told me that I should have been grateful to be in Canada and that I was making the "Dumbest decision of my whole life" by moving to the states. I live in a small town in missouri now, named boonville, which I understand is a bit of a funny name.. and I NEVER hear the end of it from my folks in Canada... "hows life in boooooonveeel missourah?" Drives me BONKERS!

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

post removed at poster's request

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

My family in canada actually gave me a lot of ####### about moving to the US.. I immigrated to Canada from SA and then met my American hubby.. My family actually told me that I should have been grateful to be in Canada and that I was making the "Dumbest decision of my whole life" by moving to the states. I live in a small town in missouri now, named boonville, which I understand is a bit of a funny name.. and I NEVER hear the end of it from my folks in Canada... "hows life in boooooonveeel missourah?" Drives me BONKERS!

technically - you do live in the Boonies :) Just saying.....

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

HAHAHHA!! Yes, I affectionately call it "podunk". However.. every country has those towns (Canada included)! And I gotta say.. when my hubby and I got married he was living in Las Vegas (born and raised).. halfway through our immigration he told me his whole family was moving out here and he wanted to follow.. when he told me the town was named "Boonville" I just about peed in my pants.. I really thought it was a joke. Alas, here we are, but I couldnt be any happier!

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

would it help any to know the town i lived in while in missouri was about 10 times smaller than boonville? :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you were to ask me whether Canadians or Americans are nicer, I'd say I have no idea because as far as my experience goes, Americans and Canadians are the same. There are rude and polite Canadians and rude and polite Americans and there about the same amount of them. I really can't tell the difference between Canadians and Americans unless they openly declare what nationality they are. There's really very little difference in attitude in my eyes, except on one side of the border you spell colour without a U. :lol:

The one thing I can say is, working in Canada seems to be a little more relaxed than working in the US. I don't know how working the US is from firsthand experience but if I can judge using my fiance as an example, he's got it rough compared to what I do. If it's one thing I really wish would change about the US, it's the labor laws.

SMALLER THAN BOONVILLE??? What, Clarks Fork?

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

All depends on where you live and who you ask! haha I think every one has gotten used to me living in the US now so no one makes too many crazy comments these days.

I suppose all that is left is my opinions. I went to Phoenix last month and people were so friggin nice! Like UNBELIEVABLY sweet. It was so comforting. For the few of us that live in a place like Northen New Jersey, you can appreciate all the niceness you can get in your life because people here are overtly-aggressive and don't have the time of day for any one. So it all depends on where you live and who you are interacting with.

Still miss that Canadian charm. Sure there are a lot of nut jobs in Canada too...but how many of you walk into a pharmacy or a grocery store in Canada only to be told off at the deli counter or a cashier acts like you don't exist? happens all the time to me here in NJ! haha

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

All depends on where you live and who you ask! haha I think every one has gotten used to me living in the US now so no one makes too many crazy comments these days.

I suppose all that is left is my opinions. I went to Phoenix last month and people were so friggin nice! Like UNBELIEVABLY sweet. It was so comforting. For the few of us that live in a place like Northen New Jersey, you can appreciate all the niceness you can get in your life because people here are overtly-aggressive and don't have the time of day for any one. So it all depends on where you live and who you are interacting with.

Still miss that Canadian charm. Sure there are a lot of nut jobs in Canada too...but how many of you walk into a pharmacy or a grocery store in Canada only to be told off at the deli counter or a cashier acts like you don't exist? happens all the time to me here in NJ! haha

You're living in the wrong part of Jersey then. :lol:

I have to say that after a year and a half here I have yet to run into anyone rude. I keep waiting for it to happen but everywhere I go I have experienced nothing but politeness. Doesn't make for any good "It's a Jersey thing" stories.

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.