Big Lu

RFE form lost. (I-797e)

4 posts in this topic

I received form i797e (request for more evidence) on Oct.1 and had until nov.14 to resend with more evidence of residency but I have lost the form! Luckily I have a copy of it but I'm pretty sure Im pretty sure the original form has to be sent. Can I send the copy?or is there time to request for another form? I'm also worried about the evidence were gonna send it may not be enough.

When we filed i751 we sent:

Joint taxes for the last 2 yrs

Joint bank statements for the last 18 months

Copies of pictures

I knew it was a long shot of getting approved since we both lived with our parents for the last two years and have little evidence.

This is what I'm sending with my RFE:

Bills such as target, macys, best buy having same adress

Mail from the vet. With both our names together. We have 3 dogs

We went to Colorado this past may so I'm sending our ticket stubs with our name on it.

I'm planning on sending more pictures but detailed I'm just not sure if to send photocopies or origals.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. I spend hrs reading all the threads and I'm happy I've found a place where every body helps every one and I'm glad to help anyone too :) thank you

I received form i797e (request for more evidence) on Oct.1 and had until nov.14 to resend with more evidence of residency but I have lost the form! Luckily I have a copy of it but I'm pretty sure Im pretty sure the original form has to be sent. Can I send the copy?or is there time to request for another form? I'm also worried about the evidence were gonna send it may not be enough.

When we filed i751 we sent:

Joint taxes for the last 2 yrs

Joint bank statements for the last 18 months

Copies of pictures

I knew it was a long shot of getting approved since we both lived with our parents for the last two years and have little evidence.

This is what I'm sending with my RFE:

Bills such as target, macys, best buy having same adress

Mail from the vet. With both our names together. We have 3 dogs

We went to Colorado this past may so I'm sending our ticket stubs with our name on it.

I'm planning on sending more pictures but detailed I'm just not sure if to send photocopies or origals.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. I spend hrs reading all the threads and I'm happy I've found a place where every body helps every one and I'm glad to help anyone too :) thank you

Have a look on the copy to see if it tells you to send original or copy... they usually specify on the notice.

I bet you have put the original some where safe - I would suggest having a good search through all your paperwork ( I know I keep all this stuff in one place but after dealing with USCIS for to ROC process there is a huge amount of pages that look the same NOA letters BIO letters - they all have the same heading so you may have simply passed it over thinking it was something else.)

I am surmising from your remarks they are asking for further evidence specifically of residency rather than anything else? The notice actually states this ?

I would suggest going through everything with a toothcomb and find anything that puts both of you at the same address together - greetings cards comes to mind immmediately because I am looking myself for as much extra that I can take for my interview next week and I found some cards adresses to both of us.

I hope others will be able to add suggestions - it helps to get as many ideas as possible. Good Luck !

• 4 weeks later...

Have you submitted your RFE yet? Did you information back from USCIS (NOA)?

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Nicaragua

Marriage : 2008-02-21

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-01

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-10

NVC Received : 2008-07-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-21

Pay I-864 Bill AND Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-07-22

IV Payment Online: 2008-07-30

Sent Completed I-864 and DS230: 2008-08-01

DS230 and I864 entered to the system:2008-08-06

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-14 //// 35 days! /// Not bad!

Medical Exam: 2008-09-18

Interview Date : 2008-10-08

Visa Received : 2008-10-16

US Entry : 2008-10-18 POE: Houston

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2010-07-16

NOA Date : 2010-07-20

Biometrics Taken: 2010-07-29

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Aproverd: 2010/11/23

Card Received: 2010/11/27

• 2 weeks later...

Have you submitted your RFE yet? Did you information back from USCIS (NOA)?

I did submit my RFE a week before the due date (nov.12) and still haven't got a response. I had to send a copy of the RFE form since I lost it. Hopefully It doesn't affect me. This is a good advice to everyone..make copies of whatever papers you received as soon as possible! I will let you guys know when I get a response back :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.