Beauty for Ashes

Americans Soldiers Save woman who had her nose cut off

111 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I just reread the thread and the post is gone. It said something about alot of Americans hating Barrack Obama and that he hated the US Army but not Americans or something to that effect. I have no idea why the post was removed but it was definitely there and now its gone. I had no idea someone was editing threads. Oh well

The post is # 34 in this thread. It wasn't deleted. Then post # 36 is where you replied to him about hating the army.

Meriem (F)

Edited by Meriem_DZ

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Timeline

The post is # 34 in this thread. It wasn't deleted. Then post # 36 is where you replied to him about hating the army.

Meriem (F)

There is a missing post. This one is saying he said he didnt say that he hated the US army. He was talking about Afganistan and its missing now. The one about Barrack is in this post but there is a missing one and thats the one that Vieux is referring to as he thanks her. It was farther up...

There is a missing post. This one is saying he said he didnt say that he hated the US army. He was talking about Afganistan and its missing now. The one about Barrack is in this post but there is a missing one and thats the one that Vieux is referring to as he thanks her. It was farther up...

And the whole thing started with him referring to the video as being cute. The whole context of posting this video in the first place was to show something good the US has done in Afganistan. But there is a missing post that was edited out Meriem. Its the post Vieux said she read and they say I misinterpreted. Its not up anymore to be able to read anyway.

Meriem (F)

I dont think that Hot Guys post was really the main focus of why the thread headed this way anyway. If you look at the first post and then read what followed, most was really in response to the subsequent posts anyway..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I think someone sees what they want to see. This whole site is a conspiracy against you HIT. It cannot possibly be that you misread something...someone else deleted it to make you look like a nutjob. Yeah, that's it.

Good thing your opinion about who should and who shouldn't be an American counts for absolutely nothing.

event.png

I think someone sees what they want to see. This whole site is a conspiracy against you HIT. It cannot possibly be that you misread something...someone else deleted it to make you look like a nutjob. Yeah, that's it.

Good thing your opinion about who should and who shouldn't be an American counts for absolutely nothing.

I dont think Hot Guys post really matters one way or the other. How one person feels about the US Army or how Americans feel about the military or Iraq or Afganistan is their own personal opinion. The original post was a nice post about Americans helping a girl who was disfigured.

The USCIS and the oath of citizenship clearly state that if you want to naturalise you need to be prepared to defend the US in times of crisis. Whats great about this is that I am not the one setting the standard for someone becoming a US citizen. The USCIS and the oath of citizenship do that.

If you cannot support this country in every possible way, including defending her in time of crisis, dont naturalise. Keep the green card and keep your opinion ,whatever it is.

USCIS has been stripping people of citizenship in the last 5 years for prior fraud on greencard applications including finding out if they were lying when they applied for either card as well as doing things that are subversive to the US.

It should have been a seperate topic but it evolved like that.. Oh well

I dont think Hot Guys post really matters one way or the other. How one person feels about the US Army or how Americans feel about the military or Iraq or Afganistan is their own personal opinion. The original post was a nice post about Americans helping a girl who was disfigured.

The USCIS and the oath of citizenship clearly state that if you want to naturalise you need to be prepared to defend the US in times of crisis. Whats great about this is that I am not the one setting the standard for someone becoming a US citizen. The USCIS and the oath of citizenship do that.

If you cannot support this country in every possible way, including defending her in time of crisis, dont naturalise. Keep the green card and keep your opinion ,whatever it is.

USCIS has been stripping people of citizenship in the last 5 years for prior fraud on greencard applications including finding out if they were lying when they applied for either card as well as doing things that are subversive to the US.

It should have been a seperate topic but it evolved like that.. Oh well

On second thought, honestly, I have never asked anyone from MENA specifically that has naturalised about how they felt about the oath or whether if asked, if they would take up arms and defend the USA. I would be very curious to know how someone from MENA interpreted the oath and whether they thought about it seriously when reciting it and afterwards. The verbage is very clear. The oath makes someone promise to defend the US and this includes serving if drafted and that of course means taking up arms to defend the US. For many people that would not be something that would be difficult to do. But lets say someone was drafted to serve in the middle east in a war we were involved in. Would they be able to do that? Is citizenship always the best choice for people if they are not completely commited to being US citizens?

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

How do you feel about your husband burying his ideas and opinions in order to appease you? I would feel awful if my husband felt like he had to fake it in order to make me happy. And to assume that his life would be ####### in Egypt sounds bad to me. Maybe it's true but it sounds like you think you're his savior from a life of misery.

First of all I never said he had to bury his thoughts OR that I had to bury mine. I just said we both know how each other feel about the subject and leave it at that. And I never said my husband's life was ####### in Egypt, actually he comes from a fairly well off family. All I said was that he has benefited by coming to the USA and I would hope and know he DOES appreciate that fact. I love how people take your words and twist them back to use against you.

Betsy El Sum

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

There was a post that said he hated the US Army. Somehow it seems to have been removed. I dont have any idea who could have done that except a moderator. There are some missing posts. I dont know who or why they removed it

The post is no longer there. I cant reread something that has been deleted

nothing has been removed from this thread as of this post.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I merely think that if someone should naturalise they should realise that part of that oath states they are willing to serve the US and if they are a man,legally they can be drafted.

So really conclusively, if you cannot feel comfortable serving the US in the capacity of defending it, you should not naturalise and become a US citizen.

currently we do not have a draft, so no one can be drafted....

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

There was a post that said he hated the US Army. Somehow it seems to have been removed. I dont have any idea who could have done that except a moderator. There are some missing posts. I dont know who or why they removed it

The post is no longer there. I cant reread something that has been deleted

tinfoilhatarea.jpg

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

The Christian Science Monitor is one of the best sources of news in the US.

1021-KANDAHAR_full_600.jpg

Afghans waited Wednesday to seek compensation for a relative's death outside Camp Nathan Smith, an ISAF military base in Kandahar City, Afghanistan. Once a week, Afghans seek compensation from US or Canadian forces after suffering human or material damages due to military operations.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-South-Central/2010/1021/Want-to-know-how-the-war-in-Afghanistan-is-going-Watch-Kandahar

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Afghans waited Wednesday to seek compensation for a relative's death outside Camp Nathan Smith, an ISAF military base in Kandahar City, Afghanistan. Once a week, Afghans seek compensation from US or Canadian forces after suffering human or material damages due to military operations.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-South-Central/2010/1021/Want-to-know-how-the-war-in-Afghanistan-is-going-Watch-Kandahar

Sandinista, I take great offense to the way you just said you wish America would institute sharia law. And don't go deleting the post and then denying it. I'm on to you!

:devil::rofl:

great site huh....

I feel terribly for them. I also feel terribly for the family of aid workers who have recently been murdered by the taliban and for medical workers who go out and help women there and for girls who get acid thrown on their face for going to school

nothing has been removed from this thread as of this post.

Perhaps there should have been

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.