Alpsclimber

Slow Down at CSC

80 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

We've been waiting over five months......I called yesterday and they said they are still approving applications from March (we sent ours in in April), but I noticed on the timeline that several May filers have been approved.....so who knows. I'll call back next month or at the end of this month.

We have been waiting only a month. For me the problem is that the stated processing time of five months appears to be meaningless. A lucky few are processed quickly. An unlucky many are way beyond five months. Someone else said it here that in the electronic age, the process should take at most a month. In another thread a former USCIS employee says the process takes about 15 minutes once someone picks up the file. There is clear evidence that K1 visas are processed much sooner at VSC. If it is true, and it appears that it is, the CSC is concentrating on I-130 petitions at the expense of others, then that is wrong. Any business that accepted a fee for a service and then decided to not provide the service because it wanted to provide other customers a different service could be not survive long in the market place.

Basically, if a petition arrives today and gets a number, lets say 7001, then the 7001st petition processed should be that one. I know there are petitions that require a RFE and some that so flawed that they cannot be repaired and processed. And there are some few that need immediate processing. Allowances, fair allowances, can be made for those situations. Other than that, it should be first come first served. And, by simply publishing the expected processing time of a typical petition and the number of that petition in line, a lot of the heartache could be eliminated. I think the five month number is a bogus number used to try to keep the USCIS from having to come up with answers when it not providing the service it has been paid to provide.

Edited by Geode

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We have been waiting only a month. For me the problem is that the stated processing time of five months appears to be meaningless. A lucky few are processed quickly. An unlucky many are way beyond five months. Someone else said it here that in the electronic age, the process should take at most a month. In another thread a former USCIS employee says the process takes about 15 minutes once someone picks up the file. There is clear evidence that K1 visas are processed much sooner at VSC. If it is true, and it appears that it is, the CSC is concentrating on I-130 petitions at the expense of others, then that is wrong. Any business that accepted a fee for a service and then decided to not provide the service because it wanted to provide other customers a different service could be not survive long in the market place.

Basically, if a petition arrives today and gets a number, lets say 7001, then the 7001st petition processed should be that one. I know there are petitions that require a RFE and some that so flawed that they cannot be repaired and processed. And there are some few that need immediate processing. Allowances, fair allowances, can be made for those situations. Other than that, it should be first come first served. And, by simply publishing the expected processing time of a typical petition and the number of that petition in line, a lot of the heartache could be eliminated. I think the five month number is a bogus number used to try to keep the USCIS from having to come up with answers when it not providing the service it has been paid to provide.

:thumbs:

Wife's AOS

5/13/10 AOS Package sent

5/16/10 Package received

5/20/10 Checks cashed

5/26/10 NOA Received

5/26/10 Cases showing online

6/04/2010 Fingerprints note

6/25/2010 Fingerprints

7/19/2010 Interview letter received

7/21/2010 EAD Production Ordered

7/21/2010 AP application touched

7/27/2010 AP Received

7/31/2010 EAD Received

8/24/2010 Interview Scheduled - Approved, passport stamped

8/24/2010 Card production email

9/04/2010 GC Received!!!

Children's I-130

5/13/10 I-130 Package sent

5/16/10 Package received

5/20/10 Checks cashed

5/24/10 NOA Received

Filed: Country: Austria
Timeline

"Thus, it seems that CSC is at a virtual standstill with I-129Fs right now."

Great job at crunching the numbers and I think the above quote says it all. And that's why I posted this thread; not to dispute that others have waited much longer, or that the highly motivated workers at CIS aren't doing their best, but to merely find out if there was an explanation to the "virtual standstill." After all, we as citizens have a right to know how and what a government agency spends our tax dollars on and the methodology it employs to service us, don't we?

Edited by Alpsclimber

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

:rofl: You made my day! I laughed for about 5 minutes straight, no kidding... until my tummy hurt that I had to stop and just grin :lol:

Me too! Thanks for that Jimmy! :D

Great job at crunching the numbers and I think the above quote says it all. And that's why I posted this thread; not to dispute that others have waited much longer, or that the highly motivated workers at CIS aren't doing their best, but to merely find out if there was an explanation to the "virtual standstill." After all, we as citizens have a right to know how and what a government agency spends our tax dollars on and the methodology it employs to service us, don't we?

We have a problem with jobs and unemployment is raising. Goverment can hire more people to process more application, by asking more money to process application faster. It is a win win situation, I will be more than happy to pay 500 dollars more or even 1000 more to bring my wife in one month, and I am sure more unemployeed will more than happy to get a job at the fedral gov.

Jun 22, 10 - NOA 1

Nov 5, 10 - Approved!! NOA 2 by email

NVC Received File - Nov recievd from uscis

Nov 16, 10 - Received Case# Called Nvc recording gave my NVC Number

Nov 17, 10 - Called NVC gave them my email and my wife email

Nov 17, 10 - Call NVC talked to person and got IIN.

Nov 18, 10 - I-864(AOS)12 fee ($88) Paid Payment IN process.

Nov 18, 10 - DS Forms Emailed Via Email for Electronic Processing recieved mail back did not take it

Nov 22, 10 - DS 3032 emailed got resoponse recieved it

Nov 22, 10 - AOS = sent via priority mail

Nov 22 , 10: IV Bill Invoiced

Nov 22 ,10 - paid IV online

Nov 24, 10 - IV= sent via priority mail

Dec 7, 10 - IV and AOS Recieved via AVR recording.

Dec 16. 10 - filled ds-260 online, as of operator said I needed and send sup doc via email.

??/??/????: Sign in Failed

??/??/????: AOS package review completed

??/??/????: IV package review completed

??/??/????: Case Completed

??/??/????: Consulate Interview Scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am with you on this one. I red the 15 minutes to adjudicate a petition came from the interview with a previous adjudicator.

Me too! Thanks for that Jimmy! :D

Your welcome. I hope your not waiting in my line.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

"Ummmmmmmm, No" Your assumption because No Where in my text was it mentioned that the system was flawless. BUT people who have always dealt with any process of immigration know that it's a rather costly, and time-comsuming project that's not to be rushed. What I said Specifically was if USCIS gives a clear processing time frame of 5 months why not wait and only when the time is going to pass of has passed should the concern be risen. Ofcourse I understand the need to be unified, no questions there - but there are processes to follow.

It'll work out.

again,you either dont read the posts here,or you just like pissing people off,there have been couple who waited and passed the five months mark,there are currently also people who are a week or two or tops three away from five months mark.( check out lisa marie on this very post )

k-1 process is completely different than any other process because you are applying for nothing but a visa.

i would personally understand if it was a hold up because of background checks or anything rational but it isnt.i would personally be ok if i knew when i got into this there would a possibility of it going very well over five months,i got the package together,i was the one who went from website to website and lawyer to lawyer,and they all said the same thing,five months.because thats what everyone is told by USCIS.

as much as i want to believe a miracle will happen before MY five months mark,i cant,there are people from april who are still waiting.

again no one denied how hard working CSC and VSC employees are,because we all know they are doing what they are told,we just want to know what is the actual logical reason behind USCIS asking service centers to refocus their forces.

we all have done our time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As you can see from this graph, it is common for each to slow down and speed up.

129fcomparison.gif

I agree with Amy's point, but I would also add, that graph is way out of date. It's only updated when people update their timelines, which generally doesn't happen until approvals come through. Once the people do start getting approved again, that line for CSC is going to shoot up closer to 150 days to reflect the actual current averages.

Minnesotan guy, Canadian pixie

• May 25, 2010: I-129F sent overnight to CSC!
  • Jun 01, 2010: NOA1 (date on notice)
  • Oct 19, 2010: NOA2 (email received)
  • Oct 27, 2010: NVC receipt (date on notice)
  • Nov 08, 2010: Packet 3 received from Montreal
  • Nov 16, 2010: Sent Packet 3 forms to Montreal via post
  • Nov 30, 2010: Packet 4 received, interview scheduled
  • Mar 09, 2011: Interview in Montreal - passed!
  • Apr 27, 2011: Entry to US, wondrously uneventful
  • Jun 08, 2011: Official marriage in US
  • Jul 15, 2011: Sent AOS forms
  • Jul 21, 2011: NOA1 for I-485, EAD and AP
  • Aug 11, 2011: Received notice that I-485 case has been transferred to CSC
  • Sep 02, 2011: Received appointment notice for biometrics in St. Paul MN
  • Sep 30, 2011: Biometrics appointment
  • Oct 11, 2011: Received EAD/AP combo card in mail (w/no prior notification!)

5009041389_8c710de05c_m.jpg

Do you really think they will go another whole month without approvals? That makes what, 3 months of inactivity? This is terrible. Today is my 100th day of waiting, which means every one of those days were for nothing since they weren't processing K visas during that entire time.

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Timeline

Do you really think they will go another whole month without approvals? That makes what, 3 months of inactivity? This is terrible. Today is my 100th day of waiting, which means every one of those days were for nothing since they weren't processing K visas during that entire time.

i personally do,they have a little over 2 weeks to change that,and i dont think they would

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Those are great questions, but I don't think the answers will be flowing. Maybe you could try a Freedom of Information Act request. I wonder how long that would take?

I think the best we can get is an educated guess that CSC felt the need to catch up on other even more delayed applications. I don't know that that kind of decision is necessarily unreasonable, but it sucks for us.

I remain hopeful that CSC will resume processing I-129Fs and that they will move those applications quickly. Too much of an optimist? Perhaps.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

as much as i want to believe a miracle will happen before MY five months mark,i cant,there are people from april who are still waiting.

again no one denied how hard working CSC and VSC employees are,because we all know they are doing what they are told,we just want to know what is the actual logical reason behind USCIS asking service centers to refocus their forces.

we all have done our time.

I hear ya. I'm waiting still for my I 130, and I filed in April. My lawyer is telling me the approvals are coming in now for my time frame, but that says nothing really. I won't know for sure until it's official. I hear a lot of people on this thread complaining about I29F's not coming in. I feel your pain, and want you to know even people who filed I 130's are in the same boat as you. I'm right on the edge of April though, but I doubt it makes a difference really.

Edited by Bens_girl

Timeline

I hear ya. I'm waiting still for my I 130, and I filed in April. My lawyer is telling me the approvals are coming in now for my time frame, but that says nothing really. I won't know for sure until it's official. I hear a lot of people on this thread complaining about I29F's not coming in. I feel your pain, and want you to know even people who filed I 130's are in the same boat as you. I'm right on the edge of April though, but I doubt it makes a difference really.

i know,i personally ( i have to throw this in there,cause im not speaking for everyone or even intending to ) wouldnt mind one bit if AT LEAST 130s would go through,anyone that is dealing with CSC at the moment,for whatever reason understands,and people who got their packages through within the five months frame commenting about how we should just wait and our complains are pointless are the ones who annoy me to the root.

You say that now, but your only 5 weeks into the process. I am almost 5 months and nothing. Add the crappy attitude that USCIS has towards its customers and you will be just like the rest of us in 4 more months.

Haha, good one. But My wife and I just made one year in the process so imagine how we feel. But with God's grace and the moons and galaxies being aligned correctly hopefully we will discover tomorrow (November interview list published) that the journey is winding down. :whistle:

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Haha, good one. But My wife and I just made one year in the process so imagine how we feel. But with God's grace and the moons and galaxies being aligned correctly hopefully we will discover tomorrow (November interview list published) that the journey is winding down. :whistle:

I was looking at your timeline. 163 days for your NOA2 is a little more than normal but you spent 6 months in NVC. What happened with NVC to take so long? I thought NVC was 3-6 week process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.