birdman2010

Ukraine K-1 initial denial - next steps to fix

220 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I love this thread and this rubforum, si man. Latin American subforum is deadly boring, more so than a deceased termite, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

i love scam posts over all.

while its unfortunate what some people go through (USC ),its rather interesting to see how far some people go for a rather small amount of money ( she cant live her entire life on the money she scammed off the OP ) when they could get a job and spend their own hard earned money and have a stable life.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am really late to this party, so it may already be pointless to say this ...

... the part that gave it away for me from the beginning was this:

"They do still have her passport. The interview took place. They did take her passport. They did not take the fee."

Has anybody ever seen a US Consulate that allows a visa application to be reviewed, let alone an interview to be had without first paying the visa fee?

If anybody ever tells me such story, I would know for sure that such person is lying to me.

The rule is that foreign nationals MUST pay the fee in advance for the privilege (not even a right) to talk to somebody in the consulate about their visa cases.

It does not matter anymore, but I wanted to point that out.

From the consulate website:

List of Documents for Fiancé (e) Visa Interview

# Visa application fee of $350 (or ruble equivalent) for each applicant

Edited by clueless_in_usa

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

while its unfortunate what some people go through (USC ),its rather interesting to see how far some people go for a rather small amount of money ( she cant live her entire life on the money she scammed off the OP ) when they could get a job and spend their own hard earned money and have a stable life.

Without going back and reading the whole thing, isn't B-man the one that had been supporting her since Jan this year plus all the extras (like 2 PC's, etc.)? Granted she probably can't retire from what he sent her, but if she's running the same scam on 10 or 20 other guys, she's putting some serious cash away.

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Without going back and reading the whole thing, isn't B-man the one that had been supporting her since Jan this year plus all the extras (like 2 PC's, etc.)? Granted she probably can't retire from what he sent her, but if she's running the same scam on 10 or 20 other guys, she's putting some serious cash away.

I don't know if it would take even 10. And to some, the art of the scam IS an honorable profession. There do seem to be a few goofs that will remain willfully blind to every red flag - mustapha kahem gheena sha (a sucker born every minute). One ugly story spread gives all the good folks in the process a bad name.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

i suppose i dont have the brain of a scammer.

i have always been extra careful with money as far as my relationship goes,never asked for a dime,and kinda had our trips neck to neck,i put in money as well as him ( not as much as he would,but still a little bit as backup ).and as far as the interview goes,i want him to be there so he can see how much it costs instead of having to send money.

this post confirmed that ive been doing everything right ( im the beneficiary ).

good like to birdman,it must suck to think the relationship you had was nothing but a big fat lie

Timeline

To be honest YGR, I don't have the brains or the gall to pull off something like that.

I got pretty good at spotting the potential for a scam early in the search. Believe me, I knew even then that some beautiful 20 something hottie (and most 30 somethings) were not seriously interested in a 52 y/o man. It was a scammer that got me started looking in the FSU actually and I didn't get taken either. I do know that one major thing in my profile "About me" blurb included that I was going to relocate to her city so the GTGs and especially the GCGs didn't bother with me and I ignored the ones that tried. I had one nice, sincere lady (same age as me) terminate correspondence because of that too. She wanted out of Ukraine for political reasons.

We don't really know how things flowed with B-man and his girl, but based on the little info he gave us I'm not sure I would have caught on for awhile. I mean it was a chance encounter by way of a friend's intro and recommendation in Odessa so I may have gone along with that one and been none the wiser for quite some time. And yes, it really would suck to know it was all a lie. Not just because of the money, but because he opened himself to her and trusted her. I hope he can find the courage to pick himself up and try again. Like so many have said, there are thousands of good, honest, sincere women that are aching for a good man like he seems to be. I wish Birdman luck, FWIW.

За Жезни С Смехом

Timeline

of course,to know all his emotions pretty much went to waste,oh well,at least he learned a valuable life lesson.

good luck birdman :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Kinda sorta true. In Ukraine she can live quite a while on what she scammed and she isn't doing it to just one guy (then agian she is splitting it 3 or 4 ways) Bet you 10 to 1 she is just the "showpiece". The OP being the "40 year old virgin" was just TOO easy. She probably got a smaller share since she didn;t have to put out.

Getting a job that pays for a stable life in Ukraine is lots harder than doing so here, unfortunately, but she COULD have been sincere and honest and had a stable life with a good husband in the USA

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

To be honest YGR, I don't have the brains or the gall to pull off something like that.

I got pretty good at spotting the potential for a scam early in the search. Believe me, I knew even then that some beautiful 20 something hottie (and most 30 somethings) were not seriously interested in a 52 y/o man. It was a scammer that got me started looking in the FSU actually and I didn't get taken either. I do know that one major thing in my profile "About me" blurb included that I was going to relocate to her city so the GTGs and especially the GCGs didn't bother with me and I ignored the ones that tried. I had one nice, sincere lady (same age as me) terminate correspondence because of that too. She wanted out of Ukraine for political reasons.

We don't really know how things flowed with B-man and his girl, but based on the little info he gave us I'm not sure I would have caught on for awhile. I mean it was a chance encounter by way of a friend's intro and recommendation in Odessa so I may have gone along with that one and been none the wiser for quite some time. And yes, it really would suck to know it was all a lie. Not just because of the money, but because he opened himself to her and trusted her. I hope he can find the courage to pick himself up and try again. Like so many have said, there are thousands of good, honest, sincere women that are aching for a good man like he seems to be. I wish Birdman luck, FWIW.

Be extra careful of introductions in Odessa. That is all I will say about that.

There is always the possibility a 30 something (I doubt a 20 something but maybe) is truly sincere about a 52 year old man. I DO know one couple that has a 30 year age difference and they get along very well, but I do not consider it the "norm". 10 years seems ideal, up to 20 years seems common. Almost to a person, FSU women want older men and want there husband to be as much a "father" as a husband and no, that is not as perverted as it sounds.

Also I would not doubt at all the sincerity of someone just because she wanted to move from Ukraine. I mean, we all expect something from a marriage or else why do it? There are risks and benefits, responsibilities and rewards. So what? You get an uber-devoted wife that cares about you like even your mother never did and never says "no" to sex and she is HOT and cooks great food. Problems so far? SHE gets a better life for herself and her children (either that she already has or will have with you) and she was going to be a devoted wife and mother anyway, so why not to a better husband in the USA? Sounds like a good deal to me.

FSU women always strck me as being supremely "biological". Much more so than their American counterparts. Like the femal deer that chooses the strongest buck, they are looking for enduring qualities. Six pack abs and good hair aren't enduring and are not inherited by their children and can't feed anyone. A stable guy making a decent living is a ROCK to build on. If he is a little older he is more experienced and better able to care for a family and more mature. Good stuff.

I norder for these relationships to work there has to be 100% devotion and trust. Long distance relationships cannot wor without that. If you have a doubt, it can't work. You can tell when someone is devoted to you. when you have results, they are devoted. When you have excuses, they are not.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I am really late to this party, so it may already be pointless to say this ...

... the part that gave it away for me from the beginning was this:

"They do still have her passport. The interview took place. They did take her passport. They did not take the fee."

Has anybody ever seen a US Consulate that allows a visa application to be reviewed, let alone an interview to be had without first paying the visa fee?

If anybody ever tells me such story, I would know for sure that such person is lying to me.

The rule is that foreign nationals MUST pay the fee in advance for the privilege (not even a right) to talk to somebody in the consulate about their visa cases.

It does not matter anymore, but I wanted to point that out.

From the consulate website:

List of Documents for Fiancé (e) Visa Interview

# Visa application fee of $350 (or ruble equivalent) for each applicant

True that. The very FIRST thing they asked for was the receipt for fee payment (the fee was paid at a bank beofre we ever went to the consulate) The payment arrangement has changed a bit, but I imagine they still get the money up front.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

apart from what everyone refers to as far as age difference goes,another red flag that would have gotten me from the start is,how are we going to go communicate if my none USC partner cant speak at least english?and communication IS the most important thing isnt it?doesnt that make people who fall for it easy targets ( then again not every woman or man with poor grammar is a scammer,but you get the point )

Timeline

Be extra careful of introductions in Odessa. That is all I will say about that.

There is always the possibility a 30 something (I doubt a 20 something but maybe) is truly sincere about a 52 year old man. I DO know one couple that has a 30 year age difference and they get along very well, but I do not consider it the "norm". 10 years seems ideal, up to 20 years seems common. Almost to a person, FSU women want older men and want there husband to be as much a "father" as a husband and no, that is not as perverted as it sounds.

Also I would not doubt at all the sincerity of someone just because she wanted to move from Ukraine. I mean, we all expect something from a marriage or else why do it? There are risks and benefits, responsibilities and rewards. So what? You get an uber-devoted wife that cares about you like even your mother never did and never says "no" to sex and she is HOT and cooks great food. Problems so far? SHE gets a better life for herself and her children (either that she already has or will have with you) and she was going to be a devoted wife and mother anyway, so why not to a better husband in the USA? Sounds like a good deal to me.

FSU women always strck me as being supremely "biological". Much more so than their American counterparts. Like the femal deer that chooses the strongest buck, they are looking for enduring qualities. Six pack abs and good hair aren't enduring and are not inherited by their children and can't feed anyone. A stable guy making a decent living is a ROCK to build on. If he is a little older he is more experienced and better able to care for a family and more mature. Good stuff.

I norder for these relationships to work there has to be 100% devotion and trust. Long distance relationships cannot wor without that. If you have a doubt, it can't work. You can tell when someone is devoted to you. when you have results, they are devoted. When you have excuses, they are not.

I'm not familiar with the intro scene, but otherwise I couldn't agree more Gary, on all points. I did meet (on-line) a few 35+ ladies and two years ago wanted to go meet one of them, but I made that fateful trip to Walmart and it took the next 2 years to realize I should have to Zaporozhye. But then again, here I am with this wonderful creature who is totally devoted to me and low and behold she's actually 2 years OLDER than me. During this latest search though I really set a hard cut off at 40 but still wanted someone closer to 50 because I just felt like we would be a better match and that's where my comfort zone was.

I know you meant to mention a man who sets a good example for the children too or maybe it was implied in the "strong buck" part. A good husband and a good father figure (or deduska) who can provide for his family is pure Gold for them. And if ya have a table saw, well, it's Katie bar the door. :lol:

За Жезни С Смехом

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This whole scamming thing is very interesting, and now very personal to me. My 22 year old step daughter is here visiting for a few weeks. Things have been difficult for her in Russia as the only jobs she can get are the ones that pay nothing, zero, just a promise that there may be some money in 3 or 4 or 6 months. She survives on the small money we send her. She is well educated with 2 masters degrees. She has been feeling a little lonely, and embarrassed that we have to support her.

A few months before arriving here she put her profile on Elena's models and is getting a lot of responses. As I said she is 22, but going on 15, and looks like 15 or 16. She is specifically looking for guys 40+ that are well established (have a lot of money). I can tell you that I do not believe she really wants to get married, but she is looking for someone to take care of her and to spend lots of money on her. OMG, my step daughter is a gold digger......but not a scammer! Hell, she even met a few guys on Elena's models that are from our town and surrounding area and they keep calling and one has come by the house a couple of times. One of her guys is a 65 year old doctor from Chicago.....unbelievable! I want to know if he will let her call him grandpa. She did meet one 42 yo investment banker from London in Istanbul, but she insisted on separate rooms at the hotel.

I don't understand this whole thing, and I have given her my 2 cents and ridiculed her some, but it continues. Oh well.....

All I can say is "use your big head, guys"

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Timeline

apart from what everyone refers to as far as age difference goes,another red flag that would have gotten me from the start is,how are we going to go communicate if my none USC partner cant speak at least some english and communication IS the most important thing isnt it?doesnt that make people who fall for it easy targets ( then again not every woman or man with poor grammar is a scammer,but you get the point )

There is a joke that says that IF we improve our education system, Americans will speak English as well as Russians! Communication is rarely a problem with the women seeking foreign marriage as they speak at least some English. Alla was an interpreter (English/Russian) and now is TEACHING English in the USA (actually student teaching, she is in her practicum II)

Alla is teaching foreign students (ESL) classes and the people from Europe consistently score and place MUCH higher in the ESL classes than other nationalities. She has a few Russian speaking students and they usually jump in at level 3 or 4 (of 5 levels) in her ESL program. I think you can search the RUB forum pretty well and not find any mentions of communication problems.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.