Raj_Kaj

Child Support/Custody

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Only way you can get SS benefits for your children is if your husband is either dead or has a severe disability. In regards to having your children awarded to you, first off in this country, you are highly favored since you are a woman, try and get full custody of your kids if you are a man. I did it, but it was one hell of a battle and incompetence of my ex had to be proved in court. Would definitely seek the maximum amount of child support, doesn't make any difference whether he could pay it or not, but would certainly keep him away..

Would try and get proof of his other marriage, a crime in this country that may carry strong evidence with the USCIS, certainly in your divorce case. Found the USCIS to be very lacking in protecting the US citizens against this kind of fraud which in my opinion, is criminal. But would push your civil rights in your divorce case.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I'm not sure I understand your point. What I'm banking on is his inability to fly in that condition. Are you saying that a person with mental illness is somehow favored by USCIS or that my claim of this illness is abuse? His illness is well documented, any supposed abuse he could claim against me is not. If anything, there are police reports against him, not me. He was cared for very much even after the polygamy was discovered. I even continued to pay his phone bill and calling card as he continued to call his other wife. I also paid all of his medical bills (of which there were MANY). I continued to provide him with housing even though I wasn't living with him and I bought/cooked his food. I took him to doctor appointments and sat with him night after night in the psychiatric ward. He was cared for up till the day he left this country. He can state whatever he wants, there's no evidence to back up any abuse charges. Besides, I've already cut myself off from his case by notifying them that I am divorcing him. He's on his own with them already, no need to claim abuse and get me off his case.

I was pointing out that once you are banked the inability and illeness, alien can file WAVA and claim that he is in this condition because of the emotional stress and truma caused by USC. WAVa will be approved withing no time and he will be legal with 10 years GC.

THE POINT IS, .geathering the information and submit the same in court can be used to get immigration benifit, don't forget , you might have filed I 864 too. you are liable support him for ten years. my two cents

May 26th, 2009 : WAVA filed.

June 1st, 2009 : RFE issued Good moral: replied june 15th 2009

July,17 2009 : Prima facie approvel received.renewed again march 3, 2010

February 2, 2010 :I-765 filed, : denied

August 12,2010 :RFE issued on WAVA, more evidence needed.

sept 3rd 2010 : I-765 filed again. 9/15/2010:Filing receipt received.

Sept 15,2010 : REF answered with all evidences.9/17/2010:RFE recvd by USCIS.

Sept 19, 2010 : I 765 approved.

Sept 19,2010 : I360 touched. status changed to RFE Under review.

sept 20th 2010 : I 765 card production ordered, No Biometric, no picture etc.

sept 21 2010 : I 765 touched, still card in production.

Sept 22,2010 : I-765 touched, Card in production.

Sept 23, 2010 : I765, touched, Approval letter mailed. Card approved (???)

Sept 24,2010 : I 765 touched again. No change???

Sept 27, 2010 : EAD received.

october 3, 2010 : old expired EAD from last year touched (#######?)

October 5, 2010 : I 360 touched.

October 12,2010 : I 360 touched. Acceptance letter issued.???

Oct 13, 2010 : court date with IJ. I,m my own lawyer.

oct 13, 2010 : I 360 touched.

oct 14th2010 : I 360 touched

oct 15 2010 : I 360 touched.

OCt 20,1020 : I 360 approved.letter received.

oct 25 2010 : I 360 touched.

april 20 2011 : court date. I,m my own lawyer.I expedited my date: filed I 485, new date January 9th 2011, case terminated.

may 9th 2011 : I 485 interview.

MAy 25th 2011 : Card production ordered.

Timeline

I was pointing out that once you are banked the inability and illeness, alien can file WAVA and claim that he is in this condition because of the emotional stress and truma caused by USC. WAVa will be approved withing no time and he will be legal with 10 years GC.

THE POINT IS, .geathering the information and submit the same in court can be used to get immigration benifit, don't forget , you might have filed I 864 too. you are liable support him for ten years. my two cents

I also discovered that he picked up a 2nd wife in his home country after our wedding.

Is bigamy a felony?

In: Divorce and Marriage Law, State Laws [Improve] abar_a.gif?v=74586 yep in all 50 states

Not easy to get a ten year card with this on your record!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Is bigamy a felony?

In: Divorce and Marriage Law, State Laws [Improve] abar_a.gif?v=74586 yep in all 50 states

Not easy to get a ten year card with this on your record!

thats correct but how to prove that? My wife did the same and too, she married religiously when I was in immigration hold, but it was tough to prove that until she did a mistake. Keep in mind that she was living with someone and USCIS didnot taken as ground of WAVA, so I proved thrugh a court system as she did one mistake in panic. if she woud.t have done that, i was unable to prove bigamy.

May 26th, 2009 : WAVA filed.

June 1st, 2009 : RFE issued Good moral: replied june 15th 2009

July,17 2009 : Prima facie approvel received.renewed again march 3, 2010

February 2, 2010 :I-765 filed, : denied

August 12,2010 :RFE issued on WAVA, more evidence needed.

sept 3rd 2010 : I-765 filed again. 9/15/2010:Filing receipt received.

Sept 15,2010 : REF answered with all evidences.9/17/2010:RFE recvd by USCIS.

Sept 19, 2010 : I 765 approved.

Sept 19,2010 : I360 touched. status changed to RFE Under review.

sept 20th 2010 : I 765 card production ordered, No Biometric, no picture etc.

sept 21 2010 : I 765 touched, still card in production.

Sept 22,2010 : I-765 touched, Card in production.

Sept 23, 2010 : I765, touched, Approval letter mailed. Card approved (???)

Sept 24,2010 : I 765 touched again. No change???

Sept 27, 2010 : EAD received.

october 3, 2010 : old expired EAD from last year touched (#######?)

October 5, 2010 : I 360 touched.

October 12,2010 : I 360 touched. Acceptance letter issued.???

Oct 13, 2010 : court date with IJ. I,m my own lawyer.

oct 13, 2010 : I 360 touched.

oct 14th2010 : I 360 touched

oct 15 2010 : I 360 touched.

OCt 20,1020 : I 360 approved.letter received.

oct 25 2010 : I 360 touched.

april 20 2011 : court date. I,m my own lawyer.I expedited my date: filed I 485, new date January 9th 2011, case terminated.

may 9th 2011 : I 485 interview.

MAy 25th 2011 : Card production ordered.

Filed: Timeline

Only way you can get SS benefits for your children is if your husband is either dead or has a severe disability. In regards to having your children awarded to you, first off in this country, you are highly favored since you are a woman, try and get full custody of your kids if you are a man. I did it, but it was one hell of a battle and incompetence of my ex had to be proved in court. Would definitely seek the maximum amount of child support, doesn't make any difference whether he could pay it or not, but would certainly keep him away..

Would try and get proof of his other marriage, a crime in this country that may carry strong evidence with the USCIS, certainly in your divorce case. Found the USCIS to be very lacking in protecting the US citizens against this kind of fraud which in my opinion, is criminal. But would push your civil rights in your divorce case.

You're very right NickD I'm sorry things were so hard for you in your custody battle. Thank you for your sound advice. The divorce case is almost over. USCIS is lacking going in both directions of this immigration process. I'm not worried about him claiming abuse. There was none. Unless he can enter the country on an expired green card, chances are more likely than not that he won't be back :)

Timeline

You're very right NickD I'm sorry things were so hard for you in your custody battle. Thank you for your sound advice. The divorce case is almost over. USCIS is lacking going in both directions of this immigration process. I'm not worried about him claiming abuse. There was none. Unless he can enter the country on an expired green card, chances are more likely than not that he won't be back :)

Can say from experience that psychotic behavior is about as nebulous as you can get in a court of law, one psychiatrist can say one thing,the other the complete opposite. Got this strange feeling to be a psychiatrist a key requirement is to be psychotic. Wouldn't even bring that up.

Bigamy is an entirely different subject. Only you or his other wife can press charges with the district of attorney, if neither of you don't, he will get off scot free. Would definitely make an issue of this and with that on his record, USCIS will get rid of him so you can live your life in peace. Only fear of the I-864 is if he remains in this country, get rid of him.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
thats correct but how to prove that? My wife did the same and too, she married religiously when I was in immigration hold, but it was tough to prove that until she did a mistake. Keep in mind that she was living with someone and USCIS didnot taken as ground of WAVA, so I proved thrugh a court system as she did one mistake in panic. if she woud.t have done that, i was unable to prove bigamy.

Please be aware it's VAWA not "wava". It stands for "Violence Against Women Act" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_Against_Women_Act

Timeline

Our problem was, even though my ex's spouse had abandoned his daughter some six years before we met and moved to another country, we had to get his permission to bring his biological daughter here. It was up to us to track him down and that we did.

In a similar fashion, Raj_Kaj does have an ally in this other woman that is a spouse to this guy, if she is any kind of person, sure she would be upset if she learns she is not the only one, her testimony would be plenty of proof in a court of law. But she has to be tracked down and learn if she is willing to co-operate.

From the way I read Raj_Kaj's post, her only concern is to get this guy out of her life, and the best way to do this is to get him out of this country. Bigamy is a felony and sufficient to accomplish that goal. The more you add to a case court, the more doors that are opened, and the more complex it becomes. Just keep it simple.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Our problem was, even though my ex's spouse had abandoned his daughter some six years before we met and moved to another country, we had to get his permission to bring his biological daughter here. It was up to us to track him down and that we did.

In a similar fashion, Raj_Kaj does have an ally in this other woman that is a spouse to this guy, if she is any kind of person, sure she would be upset if she learns she is not the only one, her testimony would be plenty of proof in a court of law. But she has to be tracked down and learn if she is willing to co-operate.

From the way I read Raj_Kaj's post, her only concern is to get this guy out of her life, and the best way to do this is to get him out of this country. Bigamy is a felony and sufficient to accomplish that goal. The more you add to a case court, the more doors that are opened, and the more complex it becomes. Just keep it simple.

The other wife knew about me all along. She was sleeping with him at the time of our wedding. I was the only one in the dark. She had no problem being wife #2, it's part of their culture. They both said they thought I'd "understand" and come to accept living together in one big happy family someday. Of course they didn't bother to tell me for four years. We were married about 2 years when he went back home to visit and married her too, in a traditional ceremony. I can't prove that. The only inkling of evidence I have is his confession in an instant message. That's not much.

As far as I know, they're also no longer together and he has abandoned their child as well as our children.

He left the USA in March 2010 to return to his home country. His conditional GC expired yesterday and he is still there, in his native country. I don't believe he will be back again, unless someone can enter the US on an expired GC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.