PalestineMyHeart

America's one-eyed view of war:

165 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I was an auto mechanic for 11 years. That's why I hate GM products. lol

Worst-built vehicles, in my opinion. They even captured that title officially this year... the 4 identical vans they produce (Buick, Chevy, Saturn, and....? GMC) were rated the worst on the planet for reliability.

They were impossible to work on. "Remove Engine to replace Crank Sensor" ... that sort of thing.

Fair enough. What do you think is the best American-made car on the market today

(let's say in the midsize sport sedan or luxury sedan class)?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Worst-built vehicles, in my opinion. They even captured that title officially this year... the 4 identical vans they produce (Buick, Chevy, Saturn, and....? GMC) were rated the worst on the planet for reliability.

They were impossible to work on. "Remove Engine to replace Crank Sensor" ... that sort of thing.

Fair enough. What do you think is the best American-made car on the market today

:ot2:

Hey! No thread hijacking. There was about to be a nice round of mud-slinging!

:pop:

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Timeline
yaaawwwnnnnnnnnnnn................. there's that lame use of the word terrorist being used by the redneck vj ers again.........

terrorists = IDF (Israeli Defence Force)........

god........... the same old weak posts from the same people.......

Paul,

let's say for argument's sake that you're right and the IDF are a bunch of terrorists,

just like Hezbollah or Hamas. Why do you, as a British citizen, support Hezbollah

terrorists and not IDF terrorists?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

What I want to know is, since America is so backward and "Pro-Israel", why do these people want to move here/bring a fiance here? Please...for the good of everyone....move to/stay in Pakistan, Algeria, Lebanon, etc. Shouldn't everyone live in their Paradise?

Well I do have as much right if not more then you to be here. You don't have to like it, but I'm here. What do you think that all americans wether white, black, asian, hispanic, or Arabic agree with what is going on in this world?

Filed: Timeline

American-MADE or American-OWNED company?

The only American-made cars in the US are "imports". All American vehicles are less than 50% US-made.

For example, my Toyota Tacoma has the highest US content of any truck sold in the US - over 90%. Chevy trucks are made in Canada or Japan. (Small Chevy trucks are essentially Isuzus) Fords are mainly made in Mexico. Chrysler? Who knows anymore. They're just above GM in my opinion.

My recommendation?

Acura.

Made in Marysville, Ohio.

My philosophy is, would I prefer my money go to American WORKERS, or American Big Business? I choose Workers. Ergo, I only buy "foreign" cars.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline
Well I do have as much right if not more then you to be here.

How so?

You don't have to like it, but I'm here. What do you think that all americans wether white, black, asian, hispanic, or Arabic agree with what is going on in this world?

If your loyalties lie with your home country then you're not truly American.

My philosophy is, would I prefer my money go to American WORKERS, or American Big Business? I choose Workers. Ergo, I only buy "foreign" cars.

Ironic, isn't it. And if I don't want to buy foreign, which GM (Chevy, Pontiac, Saturn) or Ford (Mercury, Lincoln) car has the highest US content?

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How so?

You don't have to like it, but I'm here. What do you think that all americans wether white, black, asian, hispanic, or Arabic agree with what is going on in this world?

Do you have to be? In any case, aside from citizenship what is it that qualifies one to be "truly American"?

Millions of people the world over live in countries other than where they were born, for many different reasons.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

How so?

Do you have to be? In any case, aside from citizenship what is it that qualifies one to be "truly American"?

Millions of people the world over live in countries other than where they were born, for many different reasons.

:huh: are you suggesting it's all well and wonderful that someone is a citizen of the usa and their loyalties lie with another country?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

How so?

:huh: are you suggesting it's all well and wonderful that someone is a citizen of the usa and their loyalties lie with another country?

Depends what they mean by "loyalty". Obviously we're not talking about spies and terrorists here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

How so?

Depends what they mean by "loyalty". Obviously we're not talking about spies and terrorists here.

if one's loyalties don't lie with the usa, how can anyone be assured that they won't be such in the future?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

How so?

if one's loyalties don't lie with the usa, how can anyone be assured that they won't be such in the future?

Because the vast majority of people aren't either of those. I live here out of the necessity resulting from my marriage. For financial reasons my wife couldn't move to the UK (and I'm not a millionaire). Ultimately I'm indifferent to the country itself, but as I said - I was indifferent to the UK as well. I consider myself culturally British (which does not seem particularly unreasonable - having lived there the majority of my life).

This is really beside the point - as I'm honestly not sure how you would 'test' a person's loyalties, outside of some sort of ominous "ministry of truth".

Timeline

The basic test is, "if there's a war between the US and your home country, which side do you fight for"?

Timeline

The basic test is, "if there's a war between the US and your home country, which side do you fight for"?

Or you take the middle way - stay out of it entirely, if you have the choice.

If you don't (and usually you won't), the most likely options are prison or forced deportation.

As we know, the loyalties of Japanese Americans during WW2 were questioned simply because they happened to be Japanese and living in the US - and it was assumed that they had political loyalties to Japan.

Filed: Timeline

Sorry for the delay....my DHCP server went *poof!* after my server downloaded the latest Server2003 updates. Damn Microsoft.

My recommendation (back to cars)... Ford Five Hundred with CVT. The CVT equipped Five Hundred gets 29mpg, and handles very well. There's an all-wheel-drive version of the Five Hundred as well, using Volvo's AWD system. (Imagine that, since Ford owns them).

I'm not sure of the US content of the Five Hundred. American manufacturers don't like those numbers being out in the wild. I would guess about 10% Swedish, 40% US, and 50% Canadian. Just a guess though.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I have seen some comments in this thread that are disturbing and probably a vaiolation of the TOS. Please stop thee kinds of comments. If they continue I will have to lock the thread and/or the accounts of the people who continue to attack others or otherwise violate the TOS. Thanks :thumbs:

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.