PalestineMyHeart

America's one-eyed view of war:

165 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ok i'm starting to get sick of being told which side to support

By the news media? I think you might want to get used to that, at least from US sources. ;)

Find some good online sources from Canada to get a separate viewpoint (especially when, until you've been here long enough to figure out all the biases, you can get the info from a media where you know the bias. :lol: )

edited for grammar

no I mean by people here on VJ

Ah, okay. :)

I don't read most of these anyway.

I'll assume that is some good advice and take it

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

No bomb would have fallen and no life wasted if Hezbollah hadn't sbuck into israel to kidnap two Isreali's. That might be a one-eyed view to some - to me, it's a simple cause and effect relation. The blood of the Lebanese that fell victim to the armed conflict is on Nasrallah's hands. And yet, many Lebanese actually celebrate and admire their butcher.

No bomb would have fallen and no life wasted if Hezbollah hadn't sbuck into israel to kidnap two Isreali's. That might be a one-eyed view to some - to me, it's a simple cause and effect relation. The blood of the Lebanese that fell victim to the armed conflict is on Nasrallah's hands. And yet, many Lebanese actually celebrate and admire their butcher.

and the soldiers would not have been kidnapped if Israel didn't murder the 15-year-old shepherd Ibrahim Rhayyel inside Lebanon in February... Nasrallah said their would be retaliation. Not only did they kill the shepherd, killed his sheep too.

occupy Shebaa farms.... violate the blue line routinely... etc. any random point in the history can be picked out.

and the soldiers would not have been kidnapped if Israel didn't murder the 15-year-old shepherd Ibrahim Rhayyel inside Lebanon in February... Nasrallah said their would be retaliation. Not only did they kill the shepherd, killed his sheep too.

occupy Shebaa farms.... violate the blue line routinely... etc. any random point in the history can be picked out.

Not to mention... it has been reported that those soldiers were in Lebanon anyway so according to that Hezbullah did not go into Israel to capture its soldier.

Also, Hezbullah wouldn't have captured those soldiers if Israel did not kidnap and illegally hold many more Palestinians.

ok i'm starting to get sick of being told which side to support

I'm getting tired of the whole thing. Let them blow each other up, I say. We'll come in when they're done and build Wal-Marts and Burger Kings.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Not to mention... it has been reported that those soldiers were in Lebanon anyway so according to that Hezbullah did not go into Israel to capture its soldier.

Also, Hezbullah wouldn't have captured those soldiers if Israel did not kidnap and illegally hold many more Palestinians.

yawn more drivel from the zealots

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

yawn more drivel from the zealots

We will never know the true location of those soldiers, so its pointless to argue. However i do happen to subscribe to this. Driveling zealot, i am not.

That has been reported? Where? When? Have a source?

Here is the animal that Hezbollah goes to war for - a cold blooded child murdering monster that should have been put down long ago. Not even worth soiling a prison with this sort of rubbish.

Islamist Hero Samir Kuntar: "Samir Kuntar shot and killed the father at close range in front of his daughter, and then murdered the four-year-old girl by smashing her head with the butt of his rifle against a rock, crushing her skull. "

That kind of garbage is worth going to war for?

Here are links to news agencies reporting the soldiers were captured inside Lebanon. I don't think it is clear where they were captured, but most of the Israeli versions do not site a specific spot... nor was the tank ever shown.

http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/ap/.../ap2873051.html

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/middlee...turing_soldiers

http://fr.news.yahoo.com/12072006/202/liba...utres-tues.html

AFP reported it as well.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200607/s1685306.htm this link is less clear but says "The Israeli army confirmed that two Israeli soldiers had been captured on the Lebanese frontier."

America's one-eyed view of war: Stars, stripes, and the Star of David

by Andrew Gumbel

15 August 2006 The Independent

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americ...icle1219241.ece

yes the second side is the sickness of a growing number of muslims who see death as a way to their heaven. Scum who actually believe they are on a mission from ALLAH to kill others. Scum who also believe that the quicker they can start an armageddon the quicker their God will return to save them..

Quite a lot of FOX news reporters were reporting from Beirut. Funny how now one seems to say the same thing about Al Jazeera..

Then again, It's always the case though. Any action the west takes is scrutinized by muslims yet no matter what atrocities the muslims commit we get a, "What.. Whats the big deal?? Allah akbar, They deserved it...". The battle of the sane against the islamic nut-jobs is coming and is being brought on by THEM. I guess we will have to wait and see who wins..

PS Two can play the barbaric game...

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Here are links to news agencies reporting the soldiers were captured inside Lebanon. I don't think it is clear where they were captured, but most of the Israeli versions do not site a specific spot... nor was the tank ever shown.

http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/ap/.../ap2873051.html

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/middlee...turing_soldiers

http://fr.news.yahoo.com/12072006/202/liba...utres-tues.html

AFP reported it as well.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200607/s1685306.htm this link is less clear but says "The Israeli army confirmed that two Israeli soldiers had been captured on the Lebanese frontier."

from your sources: "Israeli soldiers had been seized at around 9am local time across the border from Aita al-Shaab" - that puts the scene of the abduction into Israel.

story.map.cm.jpg

Nice try, though. :whistle:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The reports were fake -- the soldiers were captured in Israel.

Again, I ask - what does Hezbollah have to do with the Israeli-Palestinian problem?

Is it ok to start a war with another country because you think that country is doing

something wrong? If you answer yes, then by the same logic, the US invasion of Iraq

was perfectly legitimate.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The reports were fake -- the soldiers were captured in Israel.

Again, I ask - what does Hezbollah have to do with the Israeli-Palestinian problem?

Is it ok to start a war with another country because you think that country is doing

something wrong? If you answer yes, then by the same logic, the US invasion of Iraq

was perfectly legitimate.

And if answer "NO" then the quoted reaction of Hez regarding Palestine is clearly in the wrong.

bummer of a choice eh..?

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

from your sources: "Israeli soldiers had been seized at around 9am local time across the border from Aita al-Shaab" - that puts the scene of the abduction into Israel.

story.map.cm.jpg

Nice try, though. :whistle:

Re-read. I specifically said the last source was less clear. It says 'across the border' but it also says 'on the Lebanese frontier".

You conveniently neglect all the other sources that say it happened in Lebanon and hold onto the few words that suit your idea of things. Also, I am not "trying" anything. You asked for sources. I gave them.

I personally think it is unclear where they were captured.