monyfer

October 2010 K1 Filers

614 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Haven't heard anything since then...

Should I be contacting USCIS via the phone? or should I just wait? how long usually it takes? Should I be start worrying?

I want to wish you all good luck and hope our applications get approved soon.

Thanks

Hi, i know its difficult to wait but at this point, thats all you can do. There is no rhyme or reason to the system and people seem to get approved randomly. Being an october filer means u r not even at the 3 month mark and this process averages 5 months. So once u get to the 5 month mark then you start calling and emailing. I wish you the best on your journey and for all of us October filers, I hope VSC picks it up and we can get our NOA2's soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi, i know its difficult to wait but at this point, thats all you can do. There is no rhyme or reason to the system and people seem to get approved randomly. Being an october filer means u r not even at the 3 month mark and this process averages 5 months. So once u get to the 5 month mark then you start calling and emailing. I wish you the best on your journey and for all of us October filers, I hope VSC picks it up and we can get our NOA2's soon

Technically it depends when you filed and recieved your NOA1. My NOA1 is dated October 6, so right now I'm at 97 days (3months, 1 week).

VSC has been picking it up though and are reaching into August a little bit. In the past 2 weeks they have approved about 28-30 VSC members (49 were approved between October 3, 2010-December 26, 2010) *All numbers are VJ members*.

So VSC is def. speeding up :)

Technically it depends when you filed and recieved your NOA1. My NOA1 is dated October 6, so right now I'm at 97 days (3months, 1 week).

VSC has been picking it up though and are reaching into August a little bit. In the past 2 weeks they have approved about 28-30 VSC members (49 were approved between October 3, 2010-December 26, 2010) *All numbers are VJ members*.

:thumbs:

and i think they're really working on Aug. 2010 filers, i saw one member got thier noa1 mon. of aug. and they are just approved..

hope we too soon.... :dance::blush::thumbs:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

How did you find out that they have processed 28-30 VSC members? Is there any website thats tracks and discloses the approvals?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

How did you find out that they have processed 28-30 VSC members? Is there any website thats tracks and discloses the approvals?

Just going by our website. Here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op1=&op2=&op3=1&op4=1&op5=5,6,7,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,23,25,26,27,28&op6=All

you can sort those who got a NOA2. I just made it so it tells me who got an NOA2 recently and went back to December 27 which is when they started to pick up.

Only has information on VJ members, so I am sure VSC has approved A LOT more during this timeframe. Though if VJ members are getting them at this rate, you know they are working decently hard on them

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am at about 100 days (almost 3.5 months!) and getting really sad about how long it is taken, especially when I see a few people have been approved from Nov and even Dec! But nothing from Sept or Oct. I know there are people who have been waiting almost twice as long, so it could be worse. I just want to know SOMETHING...even a touch. I have all the papers ready for the interview and am just waiting for the approval. When I filed, people were getting approved at around 3 months and I thought I would be approved by now, it just stinks that things slowed down SO much like as soon as I filed. VSC used to be the fast one but not anymore. I am hoping the next two months speed by and we all hear some good news soon.

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

Filed: Timeline

. VSC used to be the fast one but not anymore. I am hoping the next two months speed by and we all hear some good news soon.

Im just about to hit the 3 month mark and i am already getting anxious BUT i hope the next two months dont have to speed by because VSC picks up and starts giving us our NOA2's before the 5 month mark. i hope it doesnt take two more months and calls and emails. Yesterday would have been a good day to get approved lol.

I am really glad now that I am about to head back to school and I have a thesis to write so that means its less time I can spend worrying about approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

All,

As far as I know we need to provide a copy of last year's tax returns in the interview at embassy. Lets say the NOA2 gets approved in the next 10 days and I haven't done taxes for the 2010 year, can I provide copy of 2009 and 2008 tax returns instead?

Thanks

Edited by DandB

yay we hit the 3 mons. mark of waiting for our noa2... hope no rfe and we get approve too.... i miss my honey babe so much...pls. continue guide us Lord!!!

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

i hope the next two months dont have to speed by because VSC picks up and starts giving us our NOA2's before the 5 month mark.

Yeah, living day to day and being happy that each day is over is no way to live. I remember telling my fiancee to enjoy her final days in SPb, go out and enjoy the fabulous city she currently lives in, and don't waste time wishing the days away.

yeah me and honey is really looking forward that this year will be our lucky year!!! :innocent::dance:

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

I am a VSC October filer.

What started with what could have been a 3 month wait has blossomed into over 5. I am a very patient person (work with developmentally disabled adults daily) but I have found out for what patience I have with 'people' sure does not extend to entities.

Sorry, but the thought of waiting until the end of March and into April is just too dang long to wait (saying that mildly as I can). I saw my fiance last on August 1st and we have decided that I should make the 3 month trip to him the end of February. I will of course go armed with all the information he will need (work letter, tax transcripts, bank information etc. etc. etc) AND as a backup will have what could be RFE'ed left here in a file and I will have my daughter scan whatever paperwork is sent to my home (she lives next door) from the USCIS of course the information will be dated the day before I leave.

Perhaps it may sound a bit risky but 'we' decided not to be apart any longer.

I am not sure that anyone else has made the trip to their SO while in NOA1 to their country even though I have seen about trips of the SO making to the US. My SO has never been to the US whereas my next trip will be my 9th trip to Norway!

Sorry for rambling on.. but darn it seems good to vent!

I-129F Sent : 10-04-2010

I-129F NOA1 : 10-12-2010

Touched: 10-21-2010

NOA2: 03-16-2011

Vermont Service Center

Interview: 05-18-2011

Fiance' Visa Approved: 12Jul2011

POE - Newark Airport November 20, 2011

Married: December 8, 2011

AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox on Feb. 13, 2012

I-485 transfered to Laguna Niguel CA on March 17, 2012

EAD - received from Lee's Summit, MO on April 18, 2012

I am a VSC October filer.

What started with what could have been a 3 month wait has blossomed into over 5. I am a very patient person (work with developmentally disabled adults daily) but I have found out for what patience I have with 'people' sure does not extend to entities.

Sorry, but the thought of waiting until the end of March and into April is just too dang long to wait (saying that mildly as I can). I saw my fiance last on August 1st and we have decided that I should make the 3 month trip to him the end of February. I will of course go armed with all the information he will need (work letter, tax transcripts, bank information etc. etc. etc) AND as a backup will have what could be RFE'ed left here in a file and I will have my daughter scan whatever paperwork is sent to my home (she lives next door) from the USCIS of course the information will be dated the day before I leave.

Perhaps it may sound a bit risky but 'we' decided not to be apart any longer.

I am not sure that anyone else has made the trip to their SO while in NOA1 to their country even though I have seen about trips of the SO making to the US. My SO has never been to the US whereas my next trip will be my 9th trip to Norway!

Sorry for rambling on.. but darn it seems good to vent!

Doesn't sound risky at all. It sounds like you have everything you need for evidence that you're returning to your country. I spent a month with my fiance during our NOA2 wait and it made the whole wait so much easier.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.