monyfer

October 2010 K1 Filers

614 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

So... Today is day 149. I have this feeling that I am not going to be approved by the end of the day tomorrow. Son of a ######. This is supposed to be the exciting part for me. Those ####.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

So... Today is day 149. I have this feeling that I am not going to be approved by the end of the day tomorrow. Son of a ######. This is supposed to be the exciting part for me. Those ####.

Yup. I saw a post by someone else from Maryland who has contacted the Senators here. They didnt say which 1, but apparently 1 of 2 (maybe both) are actually helpful and will do their best to help.

Writing up all the letters and copying documents such as NOA1 which Ill be sending the Senators and Congressman tomorrow.

Timeline

Yup. I saw a post by someone else from Maryland who has contacted the Senators here. They didnt say which 1, but apparently 1 of 2 (maybe both) are actually helpful and will do their best to help.

Writing up all the letters and copying documents such as NOA1 which Ill be sending the Senators and Congressman tomorrow.

PM the format of this letter?

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Timeline

PM the format of this letter?

Sure, I'll send it to you tonight/tomorrow. Ill get the coversheet,formal letter to you.

I'm sending 3 technically. 1 will be a coversheet, 1 is the 'formal' letter and the other is basically a "information" sheet where Im basically going to explain all the BS they might hear from USCIS and don't stand for that #######.

Edited by Blob18

Timeline

Sure, I'll send it to you tonight/tomorrow. Ill get the coversheet,formal letter to you.

I'm sending 3 technically. 1 will be a coversheet, 1 is the 'formal' letter and the other is basically a "information" sheet where Im basically going to explain all the BS they might hear from USCIS and don't stand for that #######.

I'd really appreciate that. Wow, we've come a long way Blob, lol. Anyway, where are you located? I'm in Harford County.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Timeline

I'd really appreciate that. Wow, we've come a long way Blob, lol. Anyway, where are you located? I'm in Harford County.

Anne Arundel. Looks like you're in the 2nd Congressional district, I'm the 3rd.

But yea, long way indeed hehe.

Thought my fiancee would be here by now when I started....though I am honestly not surprised by the governments inept behavior...

Timeline

Well, today is day 150. I have not received my NOA2. I attempted to call them today to place a service request, but it turns out that the hours of operation for a customer service representative is Mon-Fri 8AM-8PM...

Can someone please guide me through what I should say to them to place the service request.

Blob... Will you send me a basic outline of what I should write to the Senator.

This is a bittersweet moment... Finally being at the 150 day mark and being able to do a little more than just wait, but not having my notice. This really stinks.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Blood Dude,

I sent you a copy of my letter to congressman/senators. It helped me. I received my NOA2 two business days after her inquiry, which she sent within an hour of receiving my fax/request. My congressman's aide kicks ####. Good luck to you.

Timeline

Well, today is day 150. I have not received my NOA2. I attempted to call them today to place a service request, but it turns out that the hours of operation for a customer service representative is Mon-Fri 8AM-8PM...

Can someone please guide me through what I should say to them to place the service request.

Blob... Will you send me a basic outline of what I should write to the Senator.

This is a bittersweet moment... Finally being at the 150 day mark and being able to do a little more than just wait, but not having my notice. This really stinks.

Getting it typed up now. PC copy is on my office PC.

Timeline

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. Does anyone know the address to whom I would be sending this to? and who is the "ATTN:" made to?

Or the number that I would be faxing this too, which obviously would be much faster and what I prefer to do.

Also, should I request a Service Request before sending this letter? And what should I say for them to actually submit the Service Request?

Edited by xlbLoOdlx

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Every representative is different in their method of communication. First, find your rep here:

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

then follow their instructions. They will have you sign a release form to go with your letter. They will have a link for you to download the form on their site.

Edited by dogspot

Timeline

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. Does anyone know the address to whom I would be sending this to? and who is the "ATTN:" made to?

Or the number that I would be faxing this too, which obviously would be much faster and what I prefer to do.

Also, should I request a Service Request before sending this letter? And what should I say for them to actually submit the Service Request?

The mailing address and faxing # is on the release forms on the reps. websites.

Go to Ben Cardin and Barbara Mikulski for MD Senators and then find who your Congressman is. Your district is Congressional #2 for MD.

You could try to request that buuuuut they will give you the 30 days past 5 months bullsh*t.

My 5 mth mark is TODAY . I am hoping also to hear something soon .It has been a long journey and hope to put a happy close on it soon . :lol:

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Getting it typed up now. PC copy is on my office PC.

Blob18 --can u send me a draft copy of the letter also .Today is my 150 day . I have to get the wheels in motion also :lol:

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Timeline

Blob18 --can u send me a draft copy of the letter also .Today is my 150 day . I have to get the wheels in motion also :lol:. .It has been a long journey and hope to put a happy close on it soon

Sent.

Yea, I never expected to have to do this and I'm not very happy about it. Just want this inept government service to get me my NOA2 so I can be under The State Department, since they have their **** together and actually get to the interview time within a reasonable timeframe.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.