Peace....

K1 Visa Interview Results Today

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Before I begin speaking about the interview, I would like to give a special thanks to Lisa (a dear friend), and Gary & Alla & many others who have helped/guided me through this journey by asking many questions.

My fiance got to the Embassy at 8:15 this morning. His interview was of course the longest and the last one, which if you know anything about Casablanca, being the last one to be interviewed is always the hardest interview. He first interviewed with a lady, and she was asking for my 2009 tax forms which I had written a letter explaining that I did not work and was exempt from filing, but she didn't seem to want that and said call your fiance and ask her where the 2009 tax form was. He explained to her what I told him, and she said well you may need a co-sponsor and never looked at any bank accounts, nor assets or my letter of employment and check stubs. (odd i thought). She gave the packet back to my fiance and said go sit and someone will interview you shortly.

Later on, a man asked all the questions regarding me and my life. Basically, all the questions posted here on Visa Journey, he was asked. So I won't list them all, but I can tell you from Visa Journey, it was most of them posted here.

1. Where we met

2. Questions about my ex husband, when we married and divorced dates.

3. How old was my daughter? what school she went to.

4. All the dates I have traveled to Morocco to visit him.

5. What he loved about me?

6. All the places we have traveled to in Morocco.

7. Asked when I graduated high school.

8. Asked what colleges i went to and degree's.

9. He asked give me something tragic in her life that has happen to her.

10. Many personal questions, which one should be prepared to answer truthfully. And I do mean very personal......

11, He asked if he talks with my daughter via skype

12. He asked about my mother, what did she do after my father was killed and how did she support the family.

13. Did he chat with other woman online.

14. If he had any family in USA.

15. Did he apply for any visa's before.

Now the kicker of this story is,

So at 8:12a.m. this morning, my phone rings, a number I didn't recognize from Morocco, and it was the man interviewing my fiance.

He asked me if I would speak with him about hour relationship. I said, yes of course, and that I was at work but I would be happy to talk with him.

1. First of all, he said that he was interviewing my fiance and would like to confirm a few things.

2. He said, I would like for you to talk about your relationship from the beginning.

I told him everything PLUS more LOL.

3. He asked what I loved about my fiance and what were some things I didn't like.

4 He said your fiance is a very nice man and know a lot about you and your life.

5. He then proceeded to ask some very personal questions re: our relationship.

6. Asked if my fiance had any family members in USA

7. Asked if I have ever met them or talked to them

8. Spoke about all my (5) visits to Morocco which was a big plus in our case.

The CO was a very nice man and said, I know this process is very emotional for you and it's a long one. I said, yes and to be honest, I will spend every last penny I have to visit and be with him until we can be together should his visa be denied today.

He said, Ms. XXX you know, that Morocco is a very high fraud country and I said yes, I do. He said you sound like a smart woman in all yours answers and you have very beautiful blue eyes from what I can see in your pictures. He told my fiance that my hair was pretty and thick too LOL. He looked over the pictures like 4 times and commented on them. He really looked at a picture of me, my fiance and his mother we took together.

He said well, I believe that everything is good here and I will APPROVE THE VISA. But and of course there is a but..... He said you may need a co-sponsor as you did not work in 2009. I said but I have a job now and plenty of money in the bank and much assets and I also have child support that was added and this puts me over the poverty guidelines by almost $4000.00 He said, well I didn't see any of that, I just have what was written on this form for me to look at.

He said to me, I will go and look at them now and thank you for all your answers, it was a pleasure speaking with you. I said, can I relax now and perhaps believe that my fiance will get his VISA and he said yes you can, all is okay here and his visa will be granted.

My fiance said, he came out and gathered all the paperwork, letter of employment and wrote down much in the computer. They never kept any information and really didn't even look at our chat records, as I told him there is 2 years everyday and phone records of call everyday for your review while I spoke with him. I even told him to look at his cell phone and he could see that I called him at 3:00 am to make sure he was up and ready for the interview.

Any way, they kept his passport and gave him a orange slip and said we will look all this over and call you in a few days.

So, I guess we shall see what happens if we need a co-sponsor or not.

But I will say this, he personally told my fiance and myself that his visa was approved. But I will not be happy until we know and see the visa in hand.

Overall, the CO was very nice to him and to me as well. I guess, I will keep you all posted.

Have a great day.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

*** moving to 'K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports' forum ***

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, hopefully you will hear good news soon and the visa will be in hand. :thumbs:

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Darlene I know the CO eased your mind and I told you about you being a pretty woman regardless of the age factor and they will take that into consideration. You make a beautiful couple. ok, im calling you now to hear the rest.....CONGRATS...You two deserve to be together....Im so happy for you!!!.........Lisa

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

YAY!! I'm so happy for you!! And you're so LUCKY you actually got to speak to the CO yourself! That's a SUPER RARE thing at Casa! :D :D Really so overjoyed for you!!

Sarah

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Haha! Our loves must have had the same man interviewing them. My husband said the man told him I had beautiful blue eyes as well... I didn't get the pretty thick hair comment.. LOL maybe I should be jealous! hahahah

Sounds good tho, good luck! Keep us posted!

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.