LeslienScott

Starting to panic

76 posts in this topic

has your fiance emailed the consulate as well? i used multiple email addresses and orfee sent a couple from his as well. they only ever responded to one of our emails..

No, I don't think he has. But he has someone looking into it already.

But good idea! I will use my other 2 email addresses.

Edited by LeslienScott

OUR TIMELINE AND K1 JOURNEY

Sept 4, 2009...We meet in Toronto, Canada at a Kid Rock concert
Feb 19, 2010...NOA1 recieved in mail
May 19, 2010...NOA2 (92 days)
Sept 24, 2010...Interview! APPROVED! smile.png
Oct 29, 2010...POE--Buffalo, NY
Nov 10, 2010...Courthouse wedding in NY state
Dec 11, 2010...Beach wedding in Hawaii

Dec 09, 2010...NOA for AOS, EAD, AP
Feb 11, 2011...AOS & EAD approved smile.png
Feb 12, 2011...AP approved smile.png
Feb 18, 2011...Received GREEN CARD smile.png
Feb 18, 2011...Received AP
Feb 22, 2011...Received EAD

Nov 09, 2012...Sent in I-751, Removal of Conditions
Nov 14, 2011...NOA1
Dec 18, 2012...Biometrics

May 03, 2013...10 year GREEN CARD approved! yes.gif

No, I don't think he has. But he has someone looking into it already.

But good idea! I will use my other 2 email addresses.

i started out emailing and waiting a week before sending another..once i got three weeks in with nothing.. i emailed more than once a day..tried to be as annoying as possible.

i don't know how many emails montreal gets a day, i'm sure its a ton, but if you provide your case number and VISA/PASSPORT MISSING INTERVIEW 9/29 in the subject line they should have the decency to take a second to send you a short reply. drove me crazy!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not to be a downer or anything but my hubby and I have BOTH emailed Montreal from 4 different email addresses:

Hotmail (mine)

Gmail (his)

AKO (mine)

AKO (his)

And NONE have been answered to date. We've tried various clever subject lines, tried putting our expedite approval, the fact that he's deploying soon. Nothing.

Wonderful to be ignored consistently.

Well, Scott's congressman is now working on it. I just don't know what to think anymore.

Nov 14, 2011...NOA1

Not to be a downer or anything but my hubby and I have BOTH emailed Montreal from 4 different email addresses:

Hotmail (mine)

Gmail (his)

AKO (mine)

AKO (his)

And NONE have been answered to date. We've tried various clever subject lines, tried putting our expedite approval, the fact that he's deploying soon. Nothing.

Wonderful to be ignored consistently.

orfee got a call from the consulate yesterday, asking if he had ever received his visa. he said yes, with the help of my fiance's senator liaison. the CO said, we just wanted to make sure because we've received a lot of annoying emails. that made me a bit angry because that means they are receiving and reading these emails and choosing to ignore them. i told orfee he should have said, if you'd be humane and answer folks - you wouldn't get a ton of 'annoying' emails!

montreal needs a major overhaul - seems their current staff have become entirely apathetic and justified in their less than helpful attitudes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't believe that they've become this omni powerful entity who doesn't need to answer to ANYONE. It's like they are their own country there, follow their own set of rules and does pretty much anything they want. It's pretty ridiculous in my opinion. I truly can't think of ANY other place that could get away with the treatment they dole out.

orfee got a call from the consulate yesterday, asking if he had ever received his visa. he said yes, with the help of my fiance's senator liaison. the CO said, we just wanted to make sure because we've received a lot of annoying emails. that made me a bit angry because that means they are receiving and reading these emails and choosing to ignore them. i told orfee he should have said, if you'd be humane and answer folks - you wouldn't get a ton of 'annoying' emails!

montreal needs a major overhaul - seems their current staff have become entirely apathetic and justified in their less than helpful attitudes.

WOW! When I thought they couldn't stoop any lower...they do. They have us by the ballz & they know it!

Nov 14, 2011...NOA1

I just called DOS again & she hung up on me!!!!!!! All I asked was what the standard wait time was. UGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Nov 14, 2011...NOA1

I just called DOS again & she hung up on me!!!!!!! All I asked was what the standard wait time was. UGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

wait a bit and call back, get someone more helpful..

damn i really feel for you :angry:

wait a bit and call back, get someone more helpful..

damn i really feel for you :angry:

you of all people would understand as this just happened to you. thank you for just being there & offering a kind word.

Nov 14, 2011...NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I keep checking this whenever I see you post because I keep hoping you will have good news.

Seriously it sucks that they do have our lives in their hands and they have the audacity to just hang up and not care.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I keep checking this whenever I see you post because I keep hoping you will have good news.

Seriously it sucks that they do have our lives in their hands and they have the audacity to just hang up and not care.

Seriously. I keep coming back to this when there's a new post, too.

I can't believe they told valerie78's fiance they were sending annoying emails. That's what happens when you don't answer them. Jeez louise...

Anyway, Leslie, here's hoping your visa shows up ASAP!

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

you of all people would understand as this just happened to you. thank you for just being there & offering a kind word.

i really wish i could vent this frustration i have concerning my previous situation and now yours, into something positive - some sort of tangible change to the 'system' but there just doesn't seem to be anyone in position to make any changes and the ones that do hold these offices are more concerned with 'illegal immigration' because that's what gets the voter base all riled up over here...it is almost like the consulate in montreal operates of their own accord and law. it's crazy.

hang in there.

Filed: Timeline

Wow. That's exceedingly arrogant and unprofessional. But we all know that the CBP is well known for that.

:o:angry:

Ditto.

I'm actually quite shocked at all of this. And I feel so bad for all of you who are stuck in limbo. :(

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.