196 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

ok question,i need info about VWP,would it work for people in our case? ( my fiance is going back to states from okinawa in a couple of days sooo,it would be an option )ima look at the guides myself

ok question,i need info about VWP,would it work for people in our case? ( my fiance is going back to states from okinawa in a couple of days sooo,it would be an option )ima look at the guides myself

Do you mean traveling as a tourist to the US on the VWP? That can definitely work while waiting for a K1 and it is legal :)

K1- Timeline

May 27, 2010 - I-129F sent

June 3, 2010 - NOA1

June 8, 2010 - touched

October 15, 2010 - touched

October 22, 2010 - got our NOA2 in the mail, date on NOA2 October 14, 2010

October 27, 2010 - our case left NVC

November 01, 2010 - US Consulate sent Packet 3

November 04, 2010 - received Packet 3

Timeline

Do you mean traveling as a tourist to the US on the VWP? That can definitely work while waiting for a K1 and it is legal :)

yup,considering it might take another 3 months for us to deal with uscis,and another three months to wait while we get our turn for appointment in ankara embassy.

but im last as to where to start

yup,considering it might take another 3 months for us to deal with uscis,and another three months to wait while we get our turn for appointment in ankara embassy.

but im last as to where to start

It depends on your citizenship. The VWP is for citizens of some countries (i know there are a lot of european countries in that group) and you could travel to the US after filling out a simple form online. But if your country is not in that group you have to apply for a B2 Visa at your local US- embassy.

I don't know which one applies to you though.

K1- Timeline

June 3, 2010 - NOA1

June 8, 2010 - touched

thats a start tho,thanks (L)

Oh no problem. I hope this helps http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_Waiver_Program

K1- Timeline

June 3, 2010 - NOA1

June 8, 2010 - touched

Timeline

To be admitted to the Visa Waiver Program, a country must meet various security and other requirements, such as enhanced law enforcement and security-related data sharing with the United States and timely reporting of both blank and issued lost and stolen passports. VWP members are also required to maintain high counterterrorism, law enforcement, border control, and document security standards.

thats where exactly where i get screwed over,over my damn nationality.

and people want me to believe nationality really doesnt effect any immigration process,or even k-1

To be admitted to the Visa Waiver Program, a country must meet various security and other requirements, such as enhanced law enforcement and security-related data sharing with the United States and timely reporting of both blank and issued lost and stolen passports. VWP members are also required to maintain high counterterrorism, law enforcement, border control, and document security standards.

thats where exactly where i get screwed over,over my damn nationality.

and people want me to believe nationality really doesnt effect any immigration process,or even k-1

I'm sorry about that! But you can still apply for a B2 Tourist Visa. You can find all the information about it on the website of your embassy.

K1- Timeline

June 3, 2010 - NOA1

June 8, 2010 - touched

Timeline

I'm sorry about that! But you can still apply for a B2 Tourist Visa. You can find all the information about it on the website of your embassy.

we dont have one,thats another issue,the embassies that handle iranian citizens business are Ankara embassy/Turkey,Vienna embassy/Austria,i think Naples embassy/Italy ( im sure about one f the embassies in italy handling iranians ) and one more in germany.apart from turkey,the rest of them require visas,and just traveling there costs a fortune.

i hope someone else in our boats gets to use it tho

Anyone else depressed as balls with the targeted wedding ads on Facebook? Every time I log in I see "Find Chicago wedding vendors in your area today!" Thanks for reminding me I can't plan my wedding, Facebook.

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Timeline

ive got wedding wire monthly newsletter three times this month,YES a monthly newsletter three times,god is torturing us

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

To go back a few topics of conversation here, I know of one July CSC filer who got approved right away (his fiancee just POE'd) but he had a military expedite.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Anyone else depressed as balls with the targeted wedding ads on Facebook? Every time I log in I see "Find Chicago wedding vendors in your area today!" Thanks for reminding me I can't plan my wedding, Facebook.

:rofl::rofl: Made me chuckle! Damn facebook. I swear if one more person asks me so have you not gone yet? ' No i have the vis ain my passport and thought id let it expire. dumb asses!!!

I129F Petition Sent: End of June '10
NOA1 - 17th July '10
Touches - 23rd July & 3rd October '10
NOA2 - 30th December '10 - A great new yr gift
NVC Rec'd - 4th January '11
NVC Sent - 5th January '11
Embassy Received - 8th January '11
Embassy Recorded - 11th January '11
Packet 3 Forms sent - 11th January '11
Visa Fee Paid - 18th January '11
Packet 3 Forms Logged - 24th January '11
Medical Exam
- 10th February '11
Embassy Received Medical Results - 15th February '11
London Consulate K1 Visa Interview - 11th March '11
JFK Port of Entry - 24th March '11

Removal Of Conditions.

Petition Signed for - 26th August 2013

Check Cashed - 11th September 2013

NOA1 -

Timeline

:rofl::rofl: Made me chuckle! Damn facebook. I swear if one more person asks me so have you not gone yet? ' No i have the vis ain my passport and thought id let it expire. dumb asses!!!

at least vermont is doing somewhat well when it comes to cr-1 and k-3,they recently slowed down on those as well tho.

i wonder if it means now CSC is going to speed up

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Today at physiotherapy, there was an assistant I'd never seen before. She told me since I had started going there she'd been on holidays. I asked if she went anywhere special...she said she got married and took their honeymoon in Michigan. Jealous. I don't think our honeymoon will be in Michigan (my fiance lives there) but still.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.