196 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

In another post, it was stated that there was a backlog in work visas so people were pulled to clean it up and to work on cr1s for those filing in June NEXT month will be five months. With relatively few being processed, there is the possibility that there will be some who go past the five month mark.

I wouldn't put a lot of credence into someone saying what USCIS is "working" on. Fact is, NVC stopped issuing visas for several types because the allotment of numbers for the fiscal year had already been met. Some will go past the 5 month mark, but we really don't know all the reasons for that. None of us are privy to what the investigations of each case bring about.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

The graph I see on the links provided show May filers at the same percentage as January. Some cases are obviously going to take longer than others, but it appears they are well into working on cases from the end of May, which is within 5 months.

is that why there has been nearly no approval in the last couple of months for k-1 filers?

i suggest you check igor list,there were only 8 people approved during September,and there is no doubt CSC is being slow,so even if there is no backlog currently,there will be by the time they are done with cr1 files and back to k-1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

is that why there has been nearly no approval in the last couple of months for k-1 filers?

i suggest you check igor list,there were only 8 people approved during September,and there is no doubt CSC is being slow,so even if there is no backlog currently,there will be by the time they are done with cr1 files and back to k-1

Okay, if you want to predict a backlog, then have at it.

Timeline

hope for the best,expect the worst and be realistic.

thats the motto really

I agree completely. It appears they pulled adjudicators away from the fiance(e) visas to work on other the backlog. Are they going then pull people to assist with the fiance(e) visa backlog?

I know, it completely feels like they've only got 5 people working at the service center, and they only ever concentrate on one type of visa at a time. Can somebody please tell them that's hardly efficient...?

By the way, it seems you and I are taking the exact same journey. Race me to the finish line!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know, it completely feels like they've only got 5 people working at the service center, and they only ever concentrate on one type of visa at a time. Can somebody please tell them that's hardly efficient...?

By the way, it seems you and I are taking the exact same journey. Race me to the finish line!

Hahaha, hopefully we will get there together in a tie :)

07/02/10-K1 Mailed

07/06/10-CSC Received

07/12/10-NOA1 Issued

07/14/10-Touched

07/15/10-Check Cleared

07/16/10-NOA1 Hardcopy

07/21/10-Touched

11/19/10-Touched

11/20/10-Touched

11/22/10-Touched

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malawi
Timeline

The processing times for K-1 are well within 5 months. Where is the backlog?

Unless we start seeing some approvals in the next couple of weeks, there are quite a few filers on here that will easily go over the 5 month mark.

K-1 Visa
05/17/2010 – Petition mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.
05/27/2010 – NOA1 issued
06/03/2010 – Touch/NOA1 hard copy received in US Mail
10/27/2010 – 5 month mark
10/28/2010 – Spoke to USCIS representative – 'still pending'
11/04/2010 – Spoke to USCIS representative – 'still pending', but service request generated
11/05/2010 – Notified that background checks are not complete - looks like we're in for a looong wait...
12/07/2010 – Received email notification of NOA2
12/16/2010 – NVC sent the case to Embassy in Malawi
02/28/2011 – Interview
03/14/2011 – VISA APPROVED!
05/04/2011 – Fiance and I came back to the U.S. together! smile.png
07/01/2011 – Married!

AOS
07/02/2011 – I-485 packet mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.
07/06/2011 – Packet accepted.
07/07/2011 – Check cashed and NOA1 issued.
07/22/2011 – Received biometrics letter.
07/29/2011 – Biometrics completed (walk-in)
08/23/2011 – EAD Approved
08/31/2011 – EAD card arrived in the mail.
09/12/2011 – AOS interview - APPROVED! GC production ordered
09/21/2011 – Green Card received!!!

Removal of Conditions

06/13/2013 - I-751 packet mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.

06/17/2013 - NOA issued

06/19/2013 - Check cashed

06/21/2013 - Received NOA in mail.

06/26/2013 - Received biometrics letter.

07/02/2013 - Biometrics completed (walk-in)

11/18/2013 - APPROVED! Card production ordered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Fair enough, we do not know if there is an actual backlog. But when 84 I-129Fs on VJ were approved in July and 7 or 8 in September, something is definitely amiss. That's what we're talking about. There has been a major slow down.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I had someone tell me that there was some kind of allocation of visas for certain types for the fiscal year. Could it be that they ran out of visas allocated and it is only now that a new fiscal year has begun that they will start approving K-1's again? I sent my I-129f on Oct 1 (not planned, it just happened that way. I am looking for some ray of hope that the process may speed up considerably.

Timeline

I had someone tell me that there was some kind of allocation of visas for certain types for the fiscal year. Could it be that they ran out of visas allocated and it is only now that a new fiscal year has begun that they will start approving K-1's again? I sent my I-129f on Oct 1 (not planned, it just happened that way. I am looking for some ray of hope that the process may speed up considerably.

if im correct the fiscal year ends on april 15th,its well past april.

i hope youre right,i really do,i hope they start working again soon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

if im correct the fiscal year ends on april 15th,its well past april.

i hope youre right,i really do,i hope they start working again soon

Actually, according to several people around here, their fiscal year end is September 30. People were suggesting that's why approvals slowed down.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Timeline

Actually, according to several people around here, their fiscal year end is September 30. People were suggesting that's why approvals slowed down.

oooo,thats what i heard from someone else,commenting on a question i had about tax returns needed for aos ( i know,getting my hopes up )if thats the case and if it really ends sept 30 then that makes sense. and does anyone know when they will get back on track ? i mean as far as day wise ( like 30 days after the end of fiscal year and what not? )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

There are annual quotas/limits for some visas, but not all. My understanding is that there are no quotas for K-1 visas.

There are annual quotas/limits for some visas, but not all. My understanding is that there are no quotas for K-1 visas.

Yeah there was another topic on this forum a few days ago about this being a theory but one of the senior members were able to clear it up for us. Some visas do have limits but K1's aren't one of them. :dance:

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent :------------------2010-07-28

I-129F NOA1 :----------------2010-08-05

Transferred to CSC:--------2010-08-10

I-129F NOA2 :----------------2011-01-04

NVC Left :----------------------2011-01-19

Consulate Received :------2011-01-25

Packet 3 Received :---------2011-01-27

Packet 3 Sent :---------------2011-01-27

Packet 4 Received :---------2011-02-17

Interview Date :---------------2011-02-24

Visa Received :---------------2011-03-07

Flight: March 10th 2011!

Married: March 22nd 2011!

AOS

AOS Packet sent :------------2011-04-28

NOA1 :---------------------------2011-05-04

I-485 RFE :---------------------2011-05-16

Biometrics letter : ------------2011-05-23

Biometrics Walk-In :---------2011-05-26

RFE Response :--------------2011-05-31

Transferred to CSC :--------2011-06-14

EAD Approved :---------------2011-06-24

AP Approved :-----------------2011-06-28

EAD / AP Received :--------2011-07-02

AOS Approved :---------------2011-08-04

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.