Danni and Hamza

Embassy called !!!!

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Did you speak with the nice Algerian man from the embassy? That's who I spoke with .... if things happen for you guys as they did for us it went like this: I received the call on a Thursday. I called the DOS the following day and they told me there was a visa number assigned!! The embassy called my now husband the followin Monday.

Crossing fingers you guys get that call -- did you contact the DOS?

Malarie

Yes, I did speak with a nice Algerian man. Im planning on calling DOS first thing morrow morning! I really hope it works for us, how it worked for you!! I love hearing things like this!! Thanks !

4/16/10- I129F Sent by Danni

4/20/10- I129F Received at VSC

4/22/10- NOA1 sent from VSC

4/26/10- NOA1 received by Danni

6/28/10- NOA2 Received by text and email at 11:32pm

6/29/10- NVC Received K1 package

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

7/08/10- Algeria Embassy received Package sent from NVC

7/26/10- Received Packet 3 Via Email, after I called them to inquire about it.

8/15/10- Medical Exam 9 am

8/17/10 INTERVIEW!!! Resulted in Admin Review

10/04/10 Embassy Interviewed Hamza's Dad over the telephone

10/06/10 Embassy Interviewed me over the phone

11/30/10 Embassy Emailed Hamza, with approval Notice!!!!!

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

12/31/10 Hamza's Flight to the USA!

12/31/10...7:19 PM Hamza Arrived in the US! Best New Years Ever!

2/22/11 Married!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-d8faZtdOc

Timeline

What all did they ask you?

This is all I can remember, there may have been a few more questions. The phone call seemed to last forever, but I think it went o kay!

-They asked, How we met ?

-Name of website?

-Who contacted who first ?

-In what Language do we communicate?

-How do we communicate (web cam, chat, text, phone)

-Is hamza's English good ?

-Where did we meet in person?

- When ?

-What hotel?

-How many rooms in the hotel ?

-Did I go to Tunisia alone ?

-Why did my brother go ?

- Did I just stay in the room with my brother , or did I spend time in Hamza room ?

- He asked bout the moments we shared in Tunisia, what did we do ?

-How did we spend our time in the hotel room :P

- Did we have sex ?

-He asked if Hamza had prior relationships, online or not ?

-He asked if I think its strange, a man of Hamza age hasn't really had a prior relationship ?

-He asked about my divorce

-He asked if I was in a relationship with Hamza before my divorce was over?

(i was legally seperated when I met Hamza, and the only reason not divorced, was we had not time to divorce before the ex was deployed.)

-Why did I divorce my ex ? (he was cheating)

-How did I know he was cheating ?

-What do my parents think about Hamza?

-Does my dad have a problem being my co-sponser

-Who paid for my trip to Tunisia

-Who paid for my brother?

-Who paid for hamza?

-He asked if I knew how ppl get married in Tunisia

( I said sure, and explained what I knew... and Im not an expert :P)

-Then he explained how a person can have a religious ceremony, without being legally married.

-Then he asked if I experienced anything like this (no, i didn't)

-He asked what's my religion?

-What's Hamza religion?

-Will you ever convert ?

-Does he talk about converting ?

-Do I want kids?

-How many ?

-What will their religion be ?

-What do hamza parents think about this?

-What do my parents think about this ?

-Do you think hamza parents are very conservative?

-Do I speak with them?

-Do they seem happy with your relationship?

-Do you have children

-How old is she

-Does she live with me , all the time?

-Do I live alone

-Do I own/ rent ?

-Do I think that I will be able to support all three of us, once Hamza gets here?

-What do you expect hamza will do when he comes?

-Where will he find a job ?

-Does he have a degree?

-What do you have in common?

-What do you like about him ?

-Where did Emma stay when I was in Tunisa?

The last question he said . Mam, I have one more question to ask.. and don't become upset, cause this is not the real situation. Its just a question, to know your answer.

-If we denied hamza his Visa Would you come to Algeria to live with him.

I said unfortunatly this can not be an option for me...because i could not take my daughter with me, as he dad would NEVER agree to this.

-So you can not leave the country with your daughter without the permission of her father. (i said thats true)

then I added that surely I would go to visit again, and we would reapply for the visa, and I said but I really hope this will not happen for us.

Then he reassured me again, that his is just a question

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

2/22/11 Married!!!

Timeline

How many rooms in the hotel!!??!! Holy cow I don't think I could answer that question... who pays attention to such a thing? I wonder what he was looking for with the final question?

What's DOS?

Edited by Karonya and Adel

Timeline

How many rooms in the hotel!!??!! Holy cow I don't think I could answer that question... who pays attention to such a thing? I wonder what he was looking for with the final question?

What's DOS?

haha Sorry, Not how many rooms in the hotel. How many rooms did we have ? Sometimes I confuse,even myself! Im not sure what he was looking for in the last answer. Maybe to see if Im so serious about the relationship, that I would be willing to move to another country ?

DOS Department Of State.

They can give you information on the status of your visa. Nothing more then what the Embassy would tell you, but its not an international number...so its cheaper!

Danni

2/22/11 Married!!!

Timeline

Where do they go with all these sex questions.... how many rooms did you have, did you have sex... what they think? just wanna see if we lie or what? Sometimes I wonder if they just ask question by rote... no real reason behind it, just because they can!

and Doh! at me for the DOS... sorry for such a dumb question blush.gif

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hey everyone,

Some good news... I think! SOOO hamza Dad got a call from teh embassy today. I think it went well. They asked if he knew about me, and hamza and my relationship is. His dad said we are great, and in love, and everyone there knows about this. They asked about the difference in religion, and how his dad thinks about that. His dad said, that its o kay to have a different belief everyone had thier own opinion. They asked dont you want her to be Muslim. His dad said, I cant say no... but no once can force her to do anything, and the quran says this, and says everyone can have thier own belief. They asked about if we had children, and our childrens belife. His dad said they are free to raise them how they want, and I think they have a plan for this. He asked if hamza knows my family, and his dad said yes. They talk to him online,and that he met my brother in Tunisia.

The embassy also called me. UNFORTUNATLY... I got disconected twice !!!! They didnt really have a chance to ask me more, then were we met.. and what language we communicate. :( I called back, but then he was too busy to talk with me. Said he would call in the next couple days.

So good news, is they are working on our case... bad news... my phone service sucks! I hope this dosnt look badly upon me. I was really worried, they would think I was hanging up. :(

I feel a lil nervous... and excited in the same time. Cause I think things will be o kay :)

Danni

how they get his dad phone number ? , and why they did this , and in case his dad dont like the relationship or dont know about it did they will not issue a visa ?

06-15-2008 : my fiancee first visit to me ( stayed 3 weeks ) .

06-23-2009 : my fiancee secound visit me in Egypt ( stayed 6 weeks ).

06-28-2009 : ENGAGED

10-29-2009 : I-129F Sent

01-27-2010 : my fiancee 3rd visit to Egypt ( stayed 6 weeks ) .

02-09-2010 : travel with my fiancee to turkey in a vacation (5 days)

05-25-2010 : my fiancee 4th visit to ( stayed 2 months ) .

06-03-2010 :Interview Date .

Interview Result : approved ( ya right ! )

07-01-2010 : we got a letter had my passport and over the visa stamp says ( canceled without prejudice )!!

06-29-2010 : case sent back to usa !!!

07-07-2010 : MARRIED

01-12-2011 : the letter state the k1 case is expired , and ther was no prob to file back for any kind of visa

04-25-2011 : my wife here now visiting me in egypt for 2 and half mounth yayyyyyyyyyyyy

05-18-2011 : travel with my wife to malaysia in a 1 week vaction

06-14-2011 : register our marraige papers in cairo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAocm7.png

Timeline

It sounds like he will get the visa soon.........we had the same experience. The embassy called Ahmed's boss at work to see if he knew about our details, which he did, and then they called me at 3am the same day, even though I attended the interview with my husband a month earlier.

They also called my husband a second time to go over the same interview questions. I guess they just wanted to interview us separately, asking the same questions.

My husband got his visa several weeks later.

Good luck :)

how they get his boss phone number ? and did it hard for you to get your visa in qutar than in egypt ?

07-01-2010 : we got a letter had my passport and over the visa stamp says ( canceled without prejudice )!!

01-12-2011 : the letter state the k1 case is expired , and ther was no prob to file back for any kind of visa

04-25-2011 : my wife here now visiting me in egypt for 2 and half mounth yayyyyyyyyyyyy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAocm7.png

Timeline

This is all I can remember, there may have been a few more questions. The phone call seemed to last forever, but I think it went o kay!

-They asked, How we met ?

-Name of website?

-Who contacted who first ?

-In what Language do we communicate?

-How do we communicate (web cam, chat, text, phone)

-Is hamza's English good ?

-Where did we meet in person?

- When ?

-What hotel?

-How many rooms in the hotel ?

-Did I go to Tunisia alone ?

-Why did my brother go ?

- Did I just stay in the room with my brother , or did I spend time in Hamza room ?

- He asked bout the moments we shared in Tunisia, what did we do ?

-How did we spend our time in the hotel room :P

- Did we have sex ?

-He asked if Hamza had prior relationships, online or not ?

-He asked if I think its strange, a man of Hamza age hasn't really had a prior relationship ?

-He asked about my divorce

-He asked if I was in a relationship with Hamza before my divorce was over?

(i was legally seperated when I met Hamza, and the only reason not divorced, was we had not time to divorce before the ex was deployed.)

-Why did I divorce my ex ? (he was cheating)

-How did I know he was cheating ?

-What do my parents think about Hamza?

-Does my dad have a problem being my co-sponser

-Who paid for my trip to Tunisia

-Who paid for my brother?

-Who paid for hamza?

-He asked if I knew how ppl get married in Tunisia

( I said sure, and explained what I knew... and Im not an expert :P)

-Then he explained how a person can have a religious ceremony, without being legally married.

-Then he asked if I experienced anything like this (no, i didn't)

-He asked what's my religion?

-What's Hamza religion?

-Will you ever convert ?

-Does he talk about converting ?

-Do I want kids?

-How many ?

-What will their religion be ?

-What do hamza parents think about this?

-What do my parents think about this ?

-Do you think hamza parents are very conservative?

-Do I speak with them?

-Do they seem happy with your relationship?

-Do you have children

-How old is she

-Does she live with me , all the time?

-Do I live alone

-Do I own/ rent ?

-Do I think that I will be able to support all three of us, once Hamza gets here?

-What do you expect hamza will do when he comes?

-Where will he find a job ?

-Does he have a degree?

-What do you have in common?

-What do you like about him ?

-Where did Emma stay when I was in Tunisa?

The last question he said . Mam, I have one more question to ask.. and don't become upset, cause this is not the real situation. Its just a question, to know your answer.

-If we denied hamza his Visa Would you come to Algeria to live with him.

I said unfortunatly this can not be an option for me...because i could not take my daughter with me, as he dad would NEVER agree to this.

-So you can not leave the country with your daughter without the permission of her father. (i said thats true)

then I added that surely I would go to visit again, and we would reapply for the visa, and I said but I really hope this will not happen for us.

Then he reassured me again, that his is just a question

omg how many quiz all that quiz why they do people like this its realy annoying , just cuse they can it didnt mean they can do people like this it realy make me upset , hope every thing work good with you

CAocm7.png

Timeline

how they get his dad phone number ? , and why they did this , and in case his dad dont like the relationship or dont know about it did they will not issue a visa ?

We sent in letters to the Embassy, from friends and family. The letters, all acknowledged our relationship and said they are o kay about it. Each family, and friend put their phone numbers on the letter... so the embassy could call if they had any questions. There might have been an official form we filled out with their numbers on too...(can't remember) I guess family support of the relationship is something they sometimes look for. Maybe they look for this more in the Fraud countries, and countries where family acceptance is very big culturally. Also because we have different religions, they think this is something the family might not agree upon. I think really they are just searching for a reason to deny. If his family didn't like the fact that our religions are different then maybe the embassy would see this as strange, for a muslim man to go against the wishes of his family, and then see it as fraud... and that he is just trying to get to the USA ? I honestly don't know why the embassy does half of what they do....its all a guess. BUT just be honest, and you have nothing to worry about! I hope everything will go smooth for you , in your journey. Good luck !

omg how many quiz all that quiz why they do people like this its realy annoying , just cuse they can it didnt mean they can do people like this it realy make me upset , hope every thing work good with you

Thank you, everything is going o kay. We are still waiting on an answer from the Embassy. DOS has told me that our interviews appeared to go really well, and that it looks like they are just doing background checks now. So hopefully this is true, and we will hear something soon.

It is annoying to be quizzed on personal things, but I think it wasn't too bad. I have heard of interviews, that were much more thorough and lil more scary. They ppl at the embassy that Hamza and I dealt with were actually very nice, for the most part. Hopefully, you will have a more smooth process, with less quizzing. Just try to be calm, and not worry. :)

2/22/11 Married!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Thank you, everything is going o kay. We are still waiting on an answer from the Embassy. DOS has told me that our interviews appeared to go really well, and that it looks like they are just doing background checks now. So hopefully this is true, and we will hear something soon.

It is annoying to be quizzed on personal things, but I think it wasn't too bad. I have heard of interviews, that were much more thorough and lil more scary. They ppl at the embassy that Hamza and I dealt with were actually very nice, for the most part. Hopefully, you will have a more smooth process, with less quizzing. Just try to be calm, and not worry. :)

Nevermind to my question above. I'm glad they said the interviews went well. I hope you get that approval soon.

event.png

Timeline

Nevermind to my question above. I'm glad they said the interviews went well. I hope you get that approval soon.

Thanks for asking about us! We are hoping to get it soon too. Everyday we say, "maybe tomorrow?"....SOOOo... maybe tomorrow... Right ? :P:))

Thanks

Danni

2/22/11 Married!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats on the good news :dance:

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Timeline

Congrats on the good news :dance:

YAY, thank you.We have been waiting for "tommorrow", and I guess "tommorow" finally came !

2/22/11 Married!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

congratulationnnn im so happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for youuu guyssss i swear, now its maaa tiiiiiime for the call from the embassy loll

what's matters to you? what are you doing or what people think about what are you doing?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.