Zcheva

major problem on k1 application please help

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

ya, having a job is a problem, but

not during the initial filing of the I-129F petition.

I say, go ahead and file, job or no job,

but have the job prior to interview day

and

remember - the I-134 is filed and evaluated ON interview day - so yer USCitizen fiancee has anywhere from 6 to 9 months after she returns to USA, to actually land that job and get some serious coin. It's useful to study the timeticks on a K-1 timeline for Manila, get some deep understanding of what happens/when.

For amounts - study the I-864-P document - as the VOs in Manila use that same document for evaluating income .

Sometimes, a co-sponser is allowed, no clue about the reasoning for allowing (but read the reviews here)

Instead of thinking of 'vacation time' away from job -

instead, ask yer lass to investigate

unpaid sabattical or

unpaid leave of abscence

from her job, through the HR department or the Big Boss.

IMO, having a job on returning cuts out a lot of silliness,

and an 'unpaid leave of abscence' is not so difficult to secure back at the company. Do bear in mind, though, that any unpaid leave of absence MUST BE NEGOTIATED prior to leaving.

This post has been edited by Darnell: Today, 01:21 PM

how sure are u about this sir.mam? because i will follow ur advice...

I have seen plenty of threads for K1 Manilla where they have not accepted a co sponsor.

I seem to remember there was one just a few days ago.

I'm don't know which forums you follow. However, I've been following the Philippines forum, the Embassy forum, and the K-1 forum here on VJ fairly religiously for more than two years.

My VJ experience points to the U.S. Embassy Manila accepting cosponsors far more often than they reject them.

On a personal level, recently a friend of mine successfully used a cosponsor to petition his Filipina fiancée.

and

remember - the I-134 is filed and evaluated ON interview day - so yer USCitizen fiancee has anywhere from 6 to 9 months after she returns to USA, to actually land that job and get some serious coin. It's useful to study the timeticks on a K-1 timeline for Manila, get some deep understanding of what happens/when.

Darnell...this statement seems vague and misleading to me. In my opinion, it would be more accurate to state that on interview day, the beneficiary is going to have to prove that the petitioner earned more than 125% of the poverty line for the petitioner's household size in 2010. The beneficiary will also be required to prove the petitioner's current sustained income is above that level.

If the petitioner's 2010 income falls below 125% of the poverty line, Manila will place great weight on the petitioner's current sustained income. If the petitioner's current sustained income is also lacking, the petitioner will have to provide a cosponsor who meets the requirements for the cosponsor's household size. If it boils down to using a cosponsor, there are no guarantees that Manila will accept the cosponsor.

For amounts - study the I-864-P document - as the VOs in Manila use that same document for evaluating income .

Sometimes, a co-sponser is allowed, no clue about the reasoning for allowing (but read the reviews here)

unpaid sabattical or

unpaid leave of abscence

and an 'unpaid leave of abscence' is not so difficult to secure back at the company. Do bear in mind, though, that any unpaid leave of absence MUST BE NEGOTIATED prior to leaving.

^^^Very good advice.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

and

unpaid sabattical or

unpaid leave of abscence

I stand corrected, yes she needs to have the job by the time of sending the I134 which is only needed at the interview. If she is confident of having that by then, then yes file away.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If she has no job at the time of the K-1 petition filing, then she will need a cosponsor but cosponsors are not allowed or are rarely accepted at the Manile Embassy (I believe, check the regional forums for better info).

So she may have to find a new job and wait a bit so she can show current income. Short of that, if she has enough assets, she may be able to use those to prove financial worth to be able to support you. I may be best for her to not quite her job and only stay the two weeks that she is allowed. You guys can have an engagement part later after you get the visa and before you leave for the US>

Phil has the good advice here. She will need a way to support you when she files (actually when you apply for a visa) and things are not so great here. So she runs off to Philippines in the dead of winter for three months (who woulda thunk it?) and comes back...to what? Which job?

This is all fine and will affect nothing, IF she has a source of good income when she comes back.

I'll let you two worry about Philippine visas, if any.

I can tell you this,,,or at least advise you this...Forget all about engagement parties and such foo foo. Get your visa, get to the US, get married and then do your party planning.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Two weeks if sufficient time for you to spend time with her. May I remind you guys that the US is in recession. For 1 job opening 200 people applies. She needs to show that she is capable of supporting you and that you will not be a burden to the government. Think about your plans and actions first before you act on it. Immigration is already complicated as it is. Make it easy on yourself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.