Tim and Bethanie

Still no visa!!!

40 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Hi Bethanie,

I hope it gets sorted today. Both you and Tim should give them a phone and an e-mail today, and each day until you have confirmation that it's in the delivery service's hand. This must indeed be a b*tch as far as stress goes. We're crossing our fingers for you that it'll get resloved today. Good luck, my friend ! (L)

As for our holiday, it begins tomorrow. Hope it'll be good and hope that the dogs behave well for my sister !!!LOL !!!

Our adjustment has been quite simple-everyone here seems to be doing well, apart from the fact that Mr. Clinton ate Graham's passport and part of his visa ! Our son seems to be enjoying life with his new "parent", and although my man is a bit of a messy guy-his help around the house has been a Godsend!

Well, off I go onto another fun filled day of massage therapy !!!

: )

(((((HUG)))))

(F) Rose as you see it is still not sorted, no idea what is going on or why it is happening to us. I realize we still have a week and a half before he travels, but I am getting very worried. If they would just tell us a time frame to expect the damn visa, at least I would feel more comforted.

So glad everything is going well for you two. Thank goodness you don't need that passport for your holiday lol. Enjoy your trip and time together!

Love ya,

Bethanie

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Oh shite what a mess! Perhaps Tim could ring them again tomorrow and ask about that signature business?
He rang the lovely 1.20 a minute line yet again today, they don't give you case specific information so it is a waste of money time and effort. Still no reply on the email he sent on Friday. So I guess we sit and wait some more, so damn used to it by now you wouldn't think it would be tough to do though it is the most difficult part of this so far. So I give up hopefully we will get a bloody email from them! Edited by Tim and Bethanie

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Timeline

Your husband's visa application is in the final stages of processing. We regret we are not able to estimate when processing will be complete. [/size]

Thank you for your e-mail correspondence.

Consular Information Unit

U.S. Embassy, London

CONS/CIU/SF

This informal method of responding enables us to respond to you within a shorter time. No record is being made of this correspondence. If you need to e-mail us again, please return this e-mail.

:crying:

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Chin up, girl! Hope that things move quickly for you! Keep us informed.

Karen

Karen ( USA ) and Tony ( UK ) now both residing in USA!!

2/28/05- I-129F sent to TSC

7/29/05- Interview date- Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/06/05-Tony comes home to Tennessee!!!

10/08/05-WE'RE MARRIED!!! I love this man!

AOS/EAD/AP

11/26/05-filed for emergency AP

11/29/05-filed for AOS/EAD

03/07/06-online EAD approval

03/10/06-received EAD in post and passed driving test (Wow what a day)

07/26/06-AOS Interview---APPROVED!!!!!!

07/31/06-received 'Welcome to America' Letter

08/07/06-received Green card in post wooooooooohoooooooo

03/30/09-received approval to remove conditions!

Timeline

Latest news, hope it is true. Possibly something to look for in the future with London.

Called DOS again this afternoon. Spoke with a lovely gentleman who turned out to be very helpful. At first he gave me the same song and dance I have been getting, only he added it is going through a standard name check. I ask how long this normally takes or if he could even give me an estimate. He ask me if I could please hold which I agreed to.

He came back a few minutes later to say that they are processing the case and that is all he knew. The usual sinking feeling set in and I said, I know you are getting ready to go home have a good evening. He stopped me with whoooooa wait a minute, the reason I put you on hold is because I have never seen anything like this in London and I was very unsure of what it was. I went on that I agreed and knew it wasn't typical for London, and that we were down to the wire on his employment and flight arrangements and just did not know what else to do. I then ask him if I should continue to call each day, and he said oh no no no London is issuing the visa they are finishing it up and you should hear from them by the end of the week. Well this has made me feel better though still skeptical, and now wondering why someone could not have told us this last week! Perhaps the senator got through today. :) So hoping and praying what this one sais is the truth and my darling husband will be home next Friday.

I'm sorry to hear that Bethanie, I hope it arrives soon.

They really are a bunch of incompetent sh*theads sometimes

Going to point out the gal that interviewed him was a younger woman, he guessed early 20's. He said she was NOT polite, never smiled and as I posted in another thread she didn't even tell him he was approved, he had to ask. Looks like the norm the past two weeks in London for not so happy embassy employees. Suppose they are under a lot of stress. :wacko: But then so am I!

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

that really sucks -- if it makes you feel better we got ours 2 days before the flight, I think this was due to a delay from having h's medical 2 days before the interview

but the situation you are describing does sounds weird

90day.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Bethany... been off line for a while and just logged in to read this story!!... shock! SOOOOO sorry for your guys... I can easily imagine the emotional roller coaster you are going through. As I said before I think I got the same young unsmiling girl.....

poo! poo! poo!

Big hugs and I hope it all comes right VERY soon!!!!!!!

Maggie - now in the Dom Rep.

K1 Application

23 Feb 2006 - I-129 mailed

14 August 2006 - Approved!!!! :-)

21 October 2006 - Married in the mountains of North Carolina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Application

6 November 2006 - Applied for AOS, EAD and AP

09 Decemeber 2006 - e-mail received to say case was trasferred to California

16 December 2006- biometric appointment in Charlotte, NC

20 Jan 2007 -AP approved

24 Jan -EAD approved

28 June -Green card ordered

7 July wedding celebrations in Scotland

Timeline
Bethany... been off line for a while and just logged in to read this story!!... shock! SOOOOO sorry for your guys... I can easily imagine the emotional roller coaster you are going through. As I said before I think I got the same young unsmiling girl.....

poo! poo! poo!

Big hugs and I hope it all comes right VERY soon!!!!!!!

Maggie - now in the Dom Rep.

Thanks Maggie for checking in, makes me feel better others give a poo, and at least have some understanding of what we are feeling after all a wait is a wait.

My stomach has churned all day today and if I don't get a grip I am going to end up with an ulcer lol. This is just so unlike me, I have handled all of this well before. Surely it has to do with that before we knew what was next and had an idea of a time frame. Right now the only thing to look forward to is that visa, the ultimate goal in all of this. I was so enjoying counting down the days until he was home, but lost track of that around Friday. I think we are at 10 days left, and I know I was anxious to get to the single digits need to just focus my energy on that to get through this.

I sooooooooooooo need to get my house up to my standards for his return but at this point I can't focus on one thing for more than a few minutes. When that visa arrives, I am going to be a cleaning fool! :wacko::lol:

Enjoy your trip, and keep safe. Bring me back a souvenier! :P

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Timeline

I think when the end is in sight and so close it makes the patient waiting part ALL the harder. Hang in there though!!! Last time I went to see Evan in the USA I was checking in at DC for my flight to Raleigh only to find out the flight was cancelled and there were no more that day!! Much to my embarassment I became a blubbering mess and begged them to get me somewhere near Raleigh that night - they did, to Greesboro, an hour drive away!! ONe more night should not have been such a big deal but not having seen him for 3 months I was so looking forward to seeing him again ......

Unfortunately I am working and not holidaying in the DR but it is good to be back here. Have spent most of the last 2 years here and enjoyed it. It's certainly nice to have some heat again after England - it was meant to be summer there..... hmmm....

Thinking of you!!

Maggie

K1 Application

AOS Application

20 Jan 2007 -AP approved

24 Jan -EAD approved

Timeline
I think when the end is in sight and so close it makes the patient waiting part ALL the harder. Hang in there though!!! Last time I went to see Evan in the USA I was checking in at DC for my flight to Raleigh only to find out the flight was cancelled and there were no more that day!! Much to my embarassment I became a blubbering mess and begged them to get me somewhere near Raleigh that night - they did, to Greesboro, an hour drive away!! ONe more night should not have been such a big deal but not having seen him for 3 months I was so looking forward to seeing him again ......

Unfortunately I am working and not holidaying in the DR but it is good to be back here. Have spent most of the last 2 years here and enjoyed it. It's certainly nice to have some heat again after England - it was meant to be summer there..... hmmm....

Thinking of you!!

Maggie

Ewww work!

I hear it hasn't been very warm in sunny England. Listened to my youngest step son Sunday, running down his list of clothing for a day out. "DAAAAAAD I got on me socks, trousers and I need to go by home and get a sweatshirt cuz its nasty outside". I had to of course be a smart a** and tell him not to forget his underpants, which made him gasp "WHO SAID THAT"! He had no clue I was there eavesdropping on the headphones. :lol:

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Timeline

awww... that is a cute story!!

K1 Application

AOS Application

20 Jan 2007 -AP approved

24 Jan -EAD approved

Timeline

I think this is my thread :lol: .

Hubby emailed this to me while I was on never ending hold with the DOS!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THEY HAVE THE PARCEL DELIVERING TOMORROW TO MY WORK (REFERENCE xxxxxxx...for my info lol) IM LEAVING ON A JET PLANE................. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOV YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

5_1_1201.gif5_1_1201.gif5_1_1201.gif5_1_1201.gif

Nine days until it's 3_13_51.gif time!

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.