warlord

Eating Differences

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not a ketchup person except for on a fried egg sandwich, nor am I a mayo person (I'm a mustard person!) but I know that at picnics where we had hamburgers and hot dogs on the barbecue we always put out mayo along with the mustard, ketchup and relish. That's something I don't see a lot of people doing here - eating relish on hotdogs or hamburgers. I do like vinegar on my fries but i don't always have access to vinegar. In Canada you could always get those little packets of vinegar to use - not here. You can get hot sauce just about everywhere here, though. My husband uses that on just about everything - and I mean just about everything! :lol: (including his baloney sandwiches).

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I love ketchup! I will put it on almost anything. Sandwiches of any kind are fitting for ketchup, as long as they contain a meat product. Ketchup on mac and cheese is great too!

As far as mayo goes, I absolutely hate mayo! On anything! For some reason I find it disgusting and slimy. Most people find that rather odd, but I don't get why people like it. :P

How about vinegar on Fries! They look at you like your an alien...lol..I am when I ask for that. Given up now! Yuk to the ketchup on icecream!!!:no:

Edited by Jadenjewel

Filed: Timeline

How about vinegar on Fries! They look at you like your an alien...lol..I am when I ask for that. Given up now! Yuk to the ketchup on icecream!!!:no:

I've had that look! :lol: Some areas it's not as foreign as others. It's like vinegar roulette. For instance, I know not to order a Bloody Caesar further south than Buffalo. lol

I love ketchup! I will put it on almost anything. Sandwiches of any kind are fitting for ketchup, as long as they contain a meat product. Ketchup on mac and cheese is great too!

There. That proves it. I think we can safely say it's a Canadian thing, then. lol

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Timeline

Vinegar on fries. :thumbs:

Grocery shopping here is an exercise in frustration for me. I try to read the labels but sometimes it gets so discouraging never finding what I want. In Canada I could shop with my eyes closed, always knowing exactly what brands I liked and where things were in the store. After a year here I still wander around the store like a lost soul.

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i don't think you can say ketchup is a US thing or a Canadian thing.. it is probably more a person to person or family to family thing...

my husband like ketchup.. he will sometimes even dunk his pizza crusts in it.. the first time he did that I was like :blink:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

One word:

POUTINE!!!

They all think I'm insane when I make it, like #######.

[whoops just realized Ray is logged in, this is actually FireKari]

POUTINE ROCKS !!

ps - please, no catsup on the poutine, thanks in advance !

---------------------

Where's the soup slurpers thread? :D

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of ketchup either, and neither is Tim. The way I look at it.... IF I decide I want a little on my fries, the HFCS won't hurt.. :lol:

Love poutine also!!! :thumbs: We're heading to BC for my son's wedding in a few days, but when we come back, I want to experiment with making some here.

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

i don't think you can say ketchup is a US thing or a Canadian thing.. it is probably more a person to person or family to family thing...

my husband like ketchup.. he will sometimes even dunk his pizza crusts in it.. the first time he did that I was like :blink:

My Canadian husband would put ketchup on his meat sandwiches, but in my family that was never done. Ketchup was only for hotdogs, french fries, and occasionally a burger (but usually it was just real tomatoes). Miracle whip was also for burgers but definitely not for hotdogs, but again I love my miracle whip with fresh tomatoes on toasted bread.

My husband kept telling me he wanted "toasted tomato sandwiches" after we were married. I kept thinking, ew, gross, toasted tomatoes. Turns out he just wanted the bread toasted, then Miracle whip put on the bread, with fresh tomato slices which is exactly like how I liked tomato sandwiches. It is all about "communication" to figure out what it is that "works" in the food department.

My Canadian doesn't put ketchup on lunch meat, but he does on egg sandwiches. I'll have ketchup with fries or a veggie burger, but imo it's much improved by Frank's Red Hot. In the cafeteria at work (northeast USA) they have squirt tubs of ketchup, yellow mustard, and mayonnaise. I don't like mayo much but will have it if it's only a little already mixed in with something. My sweetie uses mayo on tuna or salmon, but only if he doesn't have Caesar salad dressing. I like tuna with dill pickle, honey mustard, & hot sauce. Other Americans look at me funny when I ask for honey mustard to go with mozz sticks. :P My swee agrees that rocks! He doesn't like pasta; I like mac & cheese with black pepper & cayenne pepper. I'd never heard of a Mott's Clamato Caesar before my swee mentioned it, then a few weeks ago American coworkers were talking about "clamato" juice, but they pronounced it with a long 'a' sound and looked it up, I hadn't realised it was clam-tomato juice. :blink:

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Timeline

I use ketchup on my meat sandwiches no mayo or mustard. I can't stand mayo or mustard at all. I also put ketchup on poutine but not my KD. For me adding ketchup is not to put on food that is gross or I don't like I just wont eat it if I don't like something, but for me it just seems to add a zing to most foods. I taste my food, eat a bit of it and then I will grab the ketchup cause it just makes everything better.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

My Canadian doesn't put ketchup on lunch meat, but he does on egg sandwiches. I'll have ketchup with fries or a veggie burger, but imo it's much improved by Frank's Red Hot. In the cafeteria at work (northeast USA) they have squirt tubs of ketchup, yellow mustard, and mayonnaise. I don't like mayo much but will have it if it's only a little already mixed in with something. My sweetie uses mayo on tuna or salmon, but only if he doesn't have Caesar salad dressing. I like tuna with dill pickle, honey mustard, & hot sauce. Other Americans look at me funny when I ask for honey mustard to go with mozz sticks. :P My swee agrees that rocks! He doesn't like pasta; I like mac & cheese with black pepper & cayenne pepper. I'd never heard of a Mott's Clamato Caesar before my swee mentioned it, then a few weeks ago American coworkers were talking about "clamato" juice, but they pronounced it with a long 'a' sound and looked it up, I hadn't realised it was clam-tomato juice. :blink:

never heard it pronunced with a long A....cla-Matt-o is how it's pronounced in Canada :) Any bar I ever worked at anyway

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Hehehehe and then there's that old saying "You say TomAto; I say tomato" :whistle::P

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Those little baby corns you put in stir fry... they're found in the canned veggie section in Nova Scotia.... it took me several trips (while visiting) to find them in California.... I think I finally found them in the ethnic food section!!

Huggles, we may be food soulmates, haha... I love ketchup and HATE mayo. I am not above telling a waitress I am allergic to mayo just to make sure it doesn't come with my meal, haha

my fiance doesn't like any condiments :(

May 25th, 2010 : Filed I-129F at CSC

June 1st, 2010 : NoA1

June 7th, 2010 : Touch

October 19th, 2010: Touch

October 20th, 2010: NoA2! (141 days)

November 8th, 2010: Received Packet 3 from Montreal

November 10th, 2010: Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

November 25th: Received Packet 4 & Scheduled interview!

March 8th, 2011: Interview in Montreal - Approved!

April 30th, 2011: Move to CA

May 6th, 2011: Married <3

May 31st, 2011: Filed AOS

June 6th, 2011: NoA1

June 13th, 2011: Received Notice for Biometrics

July 7th, 2011: Biometrics

August 22, 2011: AOS Interview - Approved!

August 29th, 2011: Greencard in hand!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.