SweetHome_Alabama

Interview this coming MONDAY!!! Questions please

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello....as most know here on VJ.....my husbnad from Morocco has his interview Monday morning...My question as I have been told is he may need to print off and carry with him the DS-156 and or DS-157...Is this correct for a CR-1??? Our appointment letter from NVC said we had everything, but I did not do these forms for him and one says its electronically, so I know we did not send it and never was requested. We need to have all printed out by tomorrow since he works on Saturday and Sunday and he will not find the time to do so. He doesn't have a printer and needs to go to a cybernet. Can they give this to him inside the consulate or is it required while he is in line/ Also I was told by one member here who was CR-1 that they asked for AOS to see while lined up outside waiting. Again, NVC said all AOS papers were ok and we would not need anything and I did send NVC our 2009, 2008, 2007 Tax Transcripts.....Why should he have these in line if NVC is to forward all his documents and Originals such as birth records, police repports, marriage certificate, etc?...I'm trying to avoid being put into AP over documents required.

We were told to by one applicant interview it is good to have the last 5 months of chat records, e-mails, phone records etc.....so now i have to go through even more records and have him print off by sending in e-mail attachments....and leave it to NVC operator told me on the phone that more evidence is ok but not required!

I'm hearing these past few days it appears the American born citizens are getting denials while it appears Moroccan us citizens bringing other Moroccans to usa by Visa's are getting approved. For our sakes here at VJ...I hope this does not happen ona daily basis.....I was also told recently that Morocco and or Embassies are allowed to approve so many interviews per day which is unfair if we pay our hard earned money to bring our loved ones to our home countries.....I am hoping the representatives who staed this is incorrect....If this is the case there should bea cut-off on how many to accept payments for per month......Hoping to hear some answers on the forms...wish us luck....I think we will all need it at this consulate no matter how well you will answer the questions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I have been told what?

re: Ds 156 and DS-157

IF someone TOLD YOU - make sure they have chased the CR-1 visa, and not any K-1 visa.

Seriously.

Ds 156 and DS-157 are for K-1 and K-3, not for CR-1.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Sorry, I don't have the answer for you about the forms...but I did want to wish you good luck with the interview. Just tell your husband to be as calm as possible...I think from my fiance's experience that they just really really watch for body language and will ask the same rediculous questions over and over again...just to see if they can throw him off. Unfortunately, with that consulate it also seems that it depends on if the person doing the interview is in a good mood or not...they are terrible there. Regardless, good luck and encourage your husband just to look them in the eyes as much as possible and try not to be nervous.

Good Luck...there are lots of us here hoping to hear good news from you on Monday! :thumbs:

Jackie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Regarding the additional evidence... It was not needed at the NVC stage however Casa is a difficult consulate and it is best to be over prepared than under prepared. I wouldn't bring 5 months in total of chats, but I would bring maybe one or two from each week. Also, any additional phone records, emails, pictures or visits should be detailed.

Yes, all the paperwork should be sent with the package from the NVC, but again this is Casa. He needs to bring his own copies of everything that was submitted. It's not uncommon for them to ask you to produce forms that should be in the paperwork.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.