Compdoc50

K1 Interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello Everybody! We got our interview date!!!! Roxana is going to her interview on Monday the 27th!! My question is they say 2-4 days to deliver the VISA once she has the interview and it's granted. I know there are a few people that had to wait 2 weeks but has anyone else that has gone through the Argentina consulate received theirs within 5 days from the interview??? We were hoping to buy her airline ticket for the following week midweek, but wanted to be sure about the time line. I know that the tourist visas from that office have been getting delivered quickly after interviews, less than 4 days actually, for a friend of hers recently. But was hoping for some information from anyone who has been through the K1 Interview there to give some input to their wait time. Thanks and I hope all of you still waiting hear news soon!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hello Everybody! We got our interview date!!!! Roxana is going to her interview on Monday the 27th!! My question is they say 2-4 days to deliver the VISA once she has the interview and it's granted. I know there are a few people that had to wait 2 weeks but has anyone else that has gone through the Argentina consulate received theirs within 5 days from the interview??? We were hoping to buy her airline ticket for the following week midweek, but wanted to be sure about the time line. I know that the tourist visas from that office have been getting delivered quickly after interviews, less than 4 days actually, for a friend of hers recently. But was hoping for some information from anyone who has been through the K1 Interview there to give some input to their wait time. Thanks and I hope all of you still waiting hear news soon!!

Unfortunately the only way to be 100% sure is to wait until you have the visa in hand to make flight arrangements. If you're willing to risk it, maybe you should try booking a flexible ticket that would allow you to change your itinerary. With a regular non-flexible ticket there's usually a fee to change.

Timeline

hi compdoc -

quick question about packet 4 - we thought there wasn't one for the buenos aires embassy? we sent packet 3 at the beginning of september, and we thought the next thing was to get the interview date. but i see on your timeline that you had a packet 4. are there more forms we need to fill or documentation we need to provide after packet 3 / before the interview? if so i'd like to gather it now so we're ready to go! thanks, and good luck with the interview!!!

April 23 2010 -- I-129f sent

April 27 2010 -- check cashed, NOA1 dated

Aug 2, 2010 -- touched

Aug 13, 2010 -- date of NOA2, I-129F approved

Aug 17, 2010 -- NVC sent application to embassy

Sept 2, 2010 -- Medical

Sept 7, 2010 -- Receive checklist from embassy

Sept 7, 2010 -- Hand-deliver packet to embassy

Sept 30, 2010 -- Receive notice of interview date

Oct. 4, 2010 -- Interview!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

hi compdoc -

quick question about packet 4 - we thought there wasn't one for the buenos aires embassy? we sent packet 3 at the beginning of september, and we thought the next thing was to get the interview date. but i see on your timeline that you had a packet 4. are there more forms we need to fill or documentation we need to provide after packet 3 / before the interview? if so i'd like to gather it now so we're ready to go! thanks, and good luck with the interview!!!

Messi,

"Packet 4" is the notification of the interview date. It's the PDF with the instructions for the interview, which I believe there is a sample of that PDF somewhere on this site. Why it's called Packet 4 I dont know because the PDF just reminds you to bring the original documents that were given in Packet 3. Incidentally, their Consulate time line on here is fairly accurate on the average times. It stated that they were scheduling interviews within 71 days of the consulate receiving the package from the NVC....Our notice was e-mailed on the 71st day from when we figure they received the package. Good Luck with everything and I'll keep you posted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.