Tinaa

Didn't receive an I-94 back at the airport

10 posts in this topic

Hey!

I'm getting a little worried. I entered the US on June 29th on a VW. The stewardess on the plane said, that there is a new way of entering the US since June 29th (so this was the first day) and that people entering don't have to fill out any additional forms. However she gave them to us to fill them out just in case the new way of processing wasn't working out yet. So we filled them out just in case we would need them.

I turned in my form but I didn't get the tiny part of it back (the one you turn in when leaving the US). I know that i wasn't the only one who didn't get it back. I didn't worry about it at first because I thought since there was a new way of entering (without the form) it wouldn't matter. But now I'm starting to get worried :/ i left the country on July 13th.

Does anyone know anything about this?

K1- Timeline

May 27, 2010 - I-129F sent

June 3, 2010 - NOA1

June 8, 2010 - touched

October 15, 2010 - touched

October 22, 2010 - got our NOA2 in the mail, date on NOA2 October 14, 2010

October 27, 2010 - our case left NVC

November 01, 2010 - US Consulate sent Packet 3

November 04, 2010 - received Packet 3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there,

You probably need to go down to the embassy and tell them this so they can exit you from the USA. They should know from your passport when you were there. You need to get exited or that will show as a bad record on your file.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is electronic now, not sure if all POE's are doing it but many are.

You should have a stamp in your passport.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys. I had the same problem. I enetered in the USA on the 3rd of September. The guy at the POE put a stamp on the I-94t that my stay is valid till the 26th of February. On my way back(21st of Sep), I checked in, the girl at the check in took the I-94 paper and I was like woow woow woow hold on. She said they colect them and send them somewhere so they can register that I left. I was like ok, I guess I will recieve a stamp that I left the country at the passport control. I proceded to pass control and they just looked at my boarding pass, compared it to the passport and that was it. I arrived in Zurich, they just looked at my passport and that was it. I asked them to stamp it so I have a proof that I arrived in Zurich but he said they dont do that cos live in the EU.

So what concerns me is I have the USA visa, I have the stamp that it says I entered on the 3rd of Sep but it doesnt say anywhere in my passport that I left the country. We sent the I-129F form yesterday so can this cause some problems?

Edited by Eddyy

Timeline

You have the return ticket you used.

Keep it just in case.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

You have the return ticket you used.

Keep it just in case.

I know, I have the boarding pass too. One thing that makes me worried is that I dont want to put my trust in the check in clerk at the airport. I mean they took the small piece of the I-94 form it and the paper can get lost.

I guess I will call the embassy on Monday and just check with them.

Timeline

I have never gone through passport control on leaving a country.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hi,

I would not be too too worried about this.

I flew to USA early July, did not fill in the green form anymore. My passport got stamped with a date when I need to be out of USA.

I left USA early September.

Came back again two weeks ago, and everything was ok. My earlier departure was in their system.

Also it is/was a standard procedure for the airline personnel to collect the I94 when you leave USA. I have gone through this many many times and never had problems. I have never gone through a passport control when leaving, so I have zero amount of 'exit-stamps' in my passport. Keeping the boarding pass is of course always a good idea, just in case, but at least so far my departure from USA has always been recorded accurately.

Hope this helps! :-)

-Eveliina

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

I know, I have the boarding pass too. One thing that makes me worried is that I dont want to put my trust in the check in clerk at the airport. I mean they took the small piece of the I-94 form it and the paper can get lost.

I guess I will call the embassy on Monday and just check with them.

It is the normal procedure for the gate agent (from the airline) to take the "small piece" of the I 94 as they told you, to "take it somewhere else" to get you checked out, my parents have been going thru that for many years and it's normal, they will not lose it, bottom line, you can always call the airline and ask them if you show that you were on that plane leaving the country and they should be able to tell you, that info it's linked with the Immigration computers...

As far as the ones who did not get a "small paper back", I have no idea...

By the way, boarding passes tend to "erase themselves" (the ink dissapears) after about a year or so or instantly if you leave them somewhere hot...

Edited by raffy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.