deeking

Visa Interview in London/PROBLEM!!!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

how do you get the fingerprint validated. i lived in 3 countries (my native country, germany and united kingdom) do i need three police clearances?

also do i get the police clearance done before the interview or the us embassy has to request it before i do it...

thanks in advance and congrats to everyone who received theirs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@PATIENT2010 THANKS AND MY HEAD IS SWOLLEN RIGHT NOW LOL.@ FRANCK THE BEST RESPONSE IS THE ONE PATIENT2010 GAVE,YOU NEED ALL POLICE CLEARANCES FROM WHERE YOU HAVE LIVED FOR OVER 6 MONTHS OUTSIDE YOUR NATIVE COUNTRY.BE FAST TO GET THEM DONE COS IT DELAYS YOUR VISA IF NOT DONE AND PRESENTED

• 7 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Sorry to hear that. Me too went in for my interview last Sept 07 at Naples Consulate, Italy and I'm still hanging in the air til now waiting for results. The missing thing was my thumb print in my Police clearance from the Philippines (we call it National Bureau of Investigation Cert.)which I failed to affix before submission. However, the interview went well and the interviewing officer told me I have to submit my Phil. police clearance with my thumb print in it before he can give me my visa. I sent the missing thing right the following day as per instruction by the CO. Six days after I received an email from them telling me that they have alredy received my police clearance and told me to send them my old passports in order for them to conclude my application. Its kinda frustrating coz I have those old passports with me then when I went for my interview ( I live in Milan and about 5 hours away from Naples, by the fastest/most expensive train, of course). Our wedding date has been set for next month and I'm now panicky.

I can not offer any help with your problem, but I hope that upon reading my story you will realize that you are not alone. Hope to read a follow up post from you soon.

Good luck.

Hi!! can you tell me how you managed to get the fingerprints taken in Italy? I'm struggling with that!! Went to the questura this morning but told me it's not possible. I need to send them to Australia.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello fellow VJ'ers...My fiance' had his interview today and he said it went well... The questions asked were: 1) How did you meet? ;2) What is facebook? ;3)How did she find your profile on facebook?; 3) When did you meet?; 4)When will you like to travel to America?; and 5) Do you love her? .... After this they made him write my complete name and sign it (I have a very long name)and he did it.

Now FYI:

My Fianace stated to me this morning that they gave him back the police certificates he had and stated he needed to get the finger prints validated by both the UK gov't and Nigeria. The police certificate he had from the UK is something they issued him at work, which he assured me this was the only form this govt issues (Wrong) .. He had to download the proper form from a website and go the Magistrates office today to have him sign and pay for a solicitor(this what he told me) to sign. After this he has to send this information to Nigeria and have them validate the fingerprints and get another police certificate from them. :wacko:

Guys I just graduated Law School in Alabama and have combed the internet and spoken with friends who are attorney's to make sure today would be an approval,but the one thing I could not control was the portion that my fiance had to do and it is discouraging that we have to wait about another month to get full approval... I made sure all downloaded visa forms were properly filled out /all finanicial forms and proof were in order/ and I made sure we had enough evidence of a TRUE RELATIONSHIP... I went over possible questions he might be asked,packet4 forms he had (over skype) and made sure he made adequate copies of these forms ...But it is so much you can do over video phone...... but any way he is doing all he can today to get this ready to send to Nigeria by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.....

As far as for the Visa it was NOT DENIED but suspended,once he receives the documents he is to call a number and the courier will come and pick them up and his passport to have the visa issued and returned to him within 2 weeks time. So our plans are still to have a December wedding and to stay prayerful.

I hope our experience helps this group since I have depended alot on the information I have found here.

- Dee Dee

In our case I controlled each and every part including researching what was needed for the interview which involved not only study here but emailing and calling the consulate several times. I went to Ukraine and accompanied my fiancee (now wife) to each and every place we needed to go and secured each and every piece of documentation needed for the interview before we filed the petition This delayed filing the petion by a couple months. So what?

If you study the law, you will find that a 221g IS a denial and he is, for example, required at this point to answer affirmatively if asked "have you ever been denied a visa to the United States" The difference is that the denial, at this point, is based on grounds which they have given you the opportunity to rectify.

My point is that I have always felt that ONE person needs to be responsible for everything in this process. From petition to citizenship. It is not a good project for a group effort, something is going to get "dropped" and if it does, for any reason, you have problems. Particularly when one of the parties does not know what they are doing it is impossible to have positive results. Now, we have done a K-1, two K-2s, AOS for all and RoC and not had even one question asked...ever. Other than to sign where required and show up for medical exams and fingerprints, my wife and children ahve never touched a form or collected a document of any type.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

In our case I controlled each and every part including researching what was needed for the interview which involved not only study here but emailing and calling the consulate several times. I went to Ukraine and accompanied my fiancee (now wife) to each and every place we needed to go and secured each and every piece of documentation needed for the interview before we filed the petition This delayed filing the petion by a couple months. So what?

If you study the law, you will find that a 221g IS a denial and he is, for example, required at this point to answer affirmatively if asked "have you ever been denied a visa to the United States" The difference is that the denial, at this point, is based on grounds which they have given you the opportunity to rectify.

My point is that I have always felt that ONE person needs to be responsible for everything in this process. From petition to citizenship. It is not a good project for a group effort, something is going to get "dropped" and if it does, for any reason, you have problems. Particularly when one of the parties does not know what they are doing it is impossible to have positive results. Now, we have done a K-1, two K-2s, AOS for all and RoC and not had even one question asked...ever. Other than to sign where required and show up for medical exams and fingerprints, my wife and children ahve never touched a form or collected a document of any type.

It's a good idea, in theory but must be modified for many. My wife and daughter didn't fill out any official forms themselves but did need to take care of obtaining police reports etc. in China. I couldn't really help with that but I made certain I KNEW that THEY KNEW exactly what to do.

Information on obtaining police reports is found here, for any country. Just select the country from the drop down list. http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3699

Information about which countries from which any individual will need these reports is in the guides.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi!! can you tell me how you managed to get the fingerprints taken in Italy? I'm struggling with that!! Went to the questura this morning but told me it's not possible. I need to send them to Australia.

Thanks!

The Questura has nothing to do with your Australian Police Certificate. How did you obtain it by the way?

As for mine I made a request from my consulate (Milan) as it is the procedure for applicants residing outside. The consulate processed and notarized all my fingerprints and photos and was advised to mail it to the NBI (the office that issues police clearances in the Philippines). And in a few days I received my police certificate in the mail. I failed though to carefully read both the papers because I assumed that I have nothing else more to affix on it and I thought the copies are exactly the same. NBI issued 2 copies and the one that I checked was my personal copy.They are identical copies but in the original copy (the one to be submitted) it states "not valid without thumb print".

The Filipino consular officer who processed my fingerprints apologized that they forgot to instruct me to affix my thumb print once NBI mails me the stuff. But she went on saying that any smart consular officer knows that the absence of a thumb print on the pol. cert. is not a major problem as the NBI won't process/issue clearances without submitting the required photo and fingerprints.

So what I did was to go to our embassy in Rome and had my thumb print affixed at the presence of an embassy official. The con official in Milan told me I can put my thumb print myself but I preferred to go to the embassy in person.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.