amankular

mandatory administrative processing?

208 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I Was just about to post… Got a call from VFS… We got the Visa…

After 110 days of AP… :)

Timeline was similar to Deep2009, who also got his visa after 111 days of AP.

You have something to look forward to…

Congratulations..! Happy for you

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

I Was just about to post… Got a call from VFS… We got the Visa…

After 110 days of AP… :)

Timeline was similar to Deep2009, who also got his visa after 111 days of AP.

You have something to look forward to…

great...congrats!

Filed: Timeline

Hey Ally!

I am visiting the US for Thanksgiving and I am here on the Visa Waiver Program. I had no problems at all. I have visited the US with my wife twicw while under AP. I have done exactly the same as you, I have emailed the embassey in London, called DoS in DC and chased up my inlaws Congressman. Still nothing! I hate it when they say "i'm sorry you are still in AP!" blah. Ally, where are you based?

I have been talking to various lawyers in the US and also my lawyer in London and I am seriously contimplating filing a Mandamus Suit. Has anyone does this before??

Any advice would be great.

OMG my husband's middle name is also Mohammed. Tuesday makes 13 weeks since our interview... 91 days tomorrow.

If all this is based on PART of a person's name... it is soooo unfair!

I have emailed the embassy, called DOS, and had my congressman and senator inquire. Still nothing. The embassy told the senator's office 5 months or less. But they also told us 3 months average in an email earlier this month.

Of course, DOS tells me the embassy controls AP, and the embassy says the exact opposite... it's all up to DOS.

This is the most frustrating thing I have ever been through!

Were you able to get a visitor visa while on AP? I wondered about trying that for my husband to come see me for Christmas.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey Ally!

I am visiting the US for Thanksgiving and I am here on the Visa Waiver Program. I had no problems at all. I have visited the US with my wife twicw while under AP. I have done exactly the same as you, I have emailed the embassey in London, called DoS in DC and chased up my inlaws Congressman. Still nothing! I hate it when they say "i'm sorry you are still in AP!" blah. Ally, where are you based?

I have been talking to various lawyers in the US and also my lawyer in London and I am seriously contimplating filing a Mandamus Suit. Has anyone does this before??

I am in West Virginia. I get so upset with all this. My grandfather was a politician... a state senator and I wish he was still at himself to advise me here.

Let me know if you decide to file that suit. To me it seems like discrimination based on a name. What BS!

Feel free to email me if you want at alicealhosainy@yahoo.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am in West Virginia. I get so upset with all this. My grandfather was a politician... a state senator and I wish he was still at himself to advise me here.

Let me know if you decide to file that suit. To me it seems like discrimination based on a name. What BS!

Feel free to email me if you want at alicealhosainy@yahoo.com

I would say Happy Thanksgiving, but if you feel the same as me, it's not very happy being away from your hubby ! Anyhow ... Did you see what I had posted on what you said about being unfair based on name ? If not, I will say again. It's because Muhammad, Mohammed is such a popular name. When doing the security check, every time they get a hit on the name they have to investigate further to make sure it's not the same person. At least this is what has been told me, which makes sense.

I pray soon that you will get good news, please pray for us, it's been almost a year in AP ! :(

u9vmq44n58.gif

'It's not how much you give or what you say, it is how much love you give in what you do'

as1czXHFg2B1530MjEyODc2c3wwMDAyNDNsfFNpbmNlIHdlIHdlcmUgbWFycmllZA.gif

Timeline

Hey Ally!

Hello, Well... I don't know how long you've been in AP being you have not made a timeline, and your profile offers no info. As for Wit Mandamus, I've done alttle reading on it, and from what I understand it's for people that have been in AP for a very long time, like more than a year. You also have to go to court and they have to decide weather or not to give him a visa. Sorry that I don't know more than that. I'm sure sumone on here can give you more info.

u9vmq44n58.gif

'It's not how much you give or what you say, it is how much love you give in what you do'

Hi,

I have been in AP for 7 months now since my inerview in London in April. I have contacted my lawyer and he is goign to look into it. I have been in touch with CAIR (Council for American Islamic Relations) and unfortunately they have been unhelpful.

From talking to over 20 lawyers in immigration there seems to be nothing anyone can do except for waiting!

Surely there has to be something!

Hello, Well... I don't know how long you've been in AP being you have not made a timeline, and your profile offers no info. As for Wit Mandamus, I've done alttle reading on it, and from what I understand it's for people that have been in AP for a very long time, like more than a year. You also have to go to court and they have to decide weather or not to give him a visa. Sorry that I don't know more than that. I'm sure sumone on here can give you more info.

Timeline

I would say Happy Thanksgiving, but if you feel the same as me, it's not very happy being away from your hubby ! Anyhow ... Did you see what I had posted on what you said about being unfair based on name ? If not, I will say again. It's because Muhammad, Mohammed is such a popular name. When doing the security check, every time they get a hit on the name they have to investigate further to make sure it's not the same person. At least this is what has been told me, which makes sense.

I pray soon that you will get good news, please pray for us, it's been almost a year in AP ! :(

I just hate the whole process with AP. It's not so much that we are in it, but that you can't get a straight answer. Seems no one can even tell me for sure WHERE the case is. With the embassy saying DOS has it and DOS saying the embassy has it.... :bonk: it just makes me want to scream!

I called DOS yesterday to see what I need to do about changing my phone number on record, and the rude operator says "we can't touch your case.... the embassy has it." I guess when I email the embassy they will again tell me that DOS has it! OMG! I know they are closed til Sunday at the embassy, but it will be interesting to see what they say!

And I know we can't wait a year for this to end. Even now we have started making plans and have a deadline in mind for when we will give up and I will move to Jordan.

It just makes me sick that when they tell you that you are in AP, they say it should end in 4-6 weeks. Then in my last email they told me 3 months (which is where we are now) and when my senator inquired, they said less than 5 months.

God help us all!

Timeline

I just hate the whole process with AP. It's not so much that we are in it, but that you can't get a straight answer. Seems no one can even tell me for sure WHERE the case is. With the embassy saying DOS has it and DOS saying the embassy has it.... :bonk: it just makes me want to scream!

I called DOS yesterday to see what I need to do about changing my phone number on record, and the rude operator says "we can't touch your case.... the embassy has it." I guess when I email the embassy they will again tell me that DOS has it! OMG! I know they are closed til Sunday at the embassy, but it will be interesting to see what they say!

And I know we can't wait a year for this to end. Even now we have started making plans and have a deadline in mind for when we will give up and I will move to Jordan.

It just makes me sick that when they tell you that you are in AP, they say it should end in 4-6 weeks. Then in my last email they told me 3 months (which is where we are now) and when my senator inquired, they said less than 5 months.

God help us all!

Ya I know !! At least they could give us sum kind of info. All they ever tell me "Still pending AP" !!

I found this, which tells about AP. http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/SecurityNameChecksAndAdministrativeReview.html

u9vmq44n58.gif

Timeline

Hi,

I have been in AP for 7 months now since my inerview in London in April. I have contacted my lawyer and he is goign to look into it. I have been in touch with CAIR (Council for American Islamic Relations) and unfortunately they have been unhelpful.

From talking to over 20 lawyers in immigration there seems to be nothing anyone can do except for waiting!

Surely there has to be something!

Hello again :)

I found the link that tells about WRIT OF MANDAMUS, you'll find it towards the end of the page. Hope this helps you out !

http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/SecurityNameChecksAndAdministrativeReview.html

u9vmq44n58.gif

THanks for this!

Good read.

Has anyone tried getting thier name off the list?

I heard that tehre is paperwork that can be completed

Hello again :)

I found the link that tells about WRIT OF MANDAMUS, you'll find it towards the end of the page. Hope this helps you out !

http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/SecurityNameChecksAndAdministrativeReview.html

Timeline

THanks for this!

Good read.

Has anyone tried getting thier name off the list?

I heard that tehre is paperwork that can be completed

Do you mean to get a name off the AP list? That would be great! If you find anything, let me know.

That link was interesting. It sounds to me like they look for hits on the LAST name but maybe it's more than that. I pray it's only last names!

Timeline

Ya I know !! At least they could give us sum kind of info. All they ever tell me "Still pending AP" !!

I found this, which tells about AP. http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/SecurityNameChecksAndAdministrativeReview.html

I printed the FOIA form. If I read it right, my husband is the one who has to sign it and get it notarized. Great, even more time lost getting it back from Jordan after he prints it! But I think I will use it. I just want to know WHY we are in this ridiculous AP! His record is clear and so is mine... not even a speeding ticket!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.