amankular

mandatory administrative processing?

208 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Milk, cookies, a good book, peaceful mind and heart to go through this process.

yea tell me about it......

Edited by muskan4eva

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

2010-04-19: approved online wohoooo

2010-04-24: NOA2 hardcopy received

2010-04-26: gave 2 email addresses and assigned case #

2010-04-27: received/sent ds3032, AOS bill

2010-05-01: IV bill became available online/paid

2010-05-06: sent in DS230 package via express mail 9:07am

2010-05-11: NVC acknowledges the receipt of AOS on 05/05

2010-05-13: operator told me that AOS sent to supervisor for review....

2010-05-14: AVR changes to received the checklist letter response on 5/13

2010-05-23: RFE for original birth cert. (i did sent original).......arghhh

2010-05-24: BC under review by some department

2010-06-02: sent in original BC again and previous BC is still under review

2010-06-10: NVC recognizes BC into their system

2010-06-15: BC under review

2010-06-21: SIF!!!!!omggggg soo happy 57 days in NVC process

2010-06-28: interview on Aug. 19, 8am.

2010-08-19: interview went fine but he's put into AP :(

2011-01-09: almost 5 months in AP "still pending"

2011-02-06: 5 and half months and still counting......when is this torture going to end....

2011-02-20: 6 months still no answer..........

2011-03-08: more than 200 days passed in AP..................(

2011-03-24: visa has been issued today. hurayyyyyyyyyy finally wait is overrrr.

2011-03-26: got the passport wohoooo

event.png

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

My K1 case is being sent back to the NVC. Got an email from embassy. Consular officer was not convinced of the relationship in this case, the petition was not revalidated. :(

Ok, guys/girls....

Delhi Embassy is very strict about K1 visas due to number of fraud cases.

A lot of people went for K1 and were denied

PLEASE SAVE all the paperwork.

Then, they are went for marriage in India....

Before marriage, number of them went to Delhi Embassy (American citizen services section) and got a "No Objection Certificate". ((Embassy knows the text.... they are doing it for some time now.... it will say..... is American Citizen and is here in India to get married to ...... Some of the marriage registrar offices ask for no objection certificate too.... Getting it will help you out through the whole process) PLEASE HAVE ATLEAST 2-3 COPIES OF IT...

It is a only 5 mins deal at the Embassy... they sail through the whole process like a charm.

PLEASE THINK ABOUT IT... please email me if any one of you need a personal question answered.

Edited by Deep2009

Timeline

Hi, this is my first time posting on this website.

I am a US citizen (born and raised), applied for my wife who lives in India through I-130, she is going through New Delhi office.

Her interview was Jan 11 and the interviewer told my wife that her case looked in order (as in everything looks good), kept her passport, then gave her a paper which stated her application will be undergoing Mandatory Administrative Processing. Then it says, "We have retained your passport to more quickly process your visa when the processing has been completed."

I was freaking out because my expectations were based on years ago when spouses get the visas the same or next day. Maybe that still happens in a few cases? I don't know. Maybe because my first name is Usama? Maybe because this is just what happens with most cases? I have no clue. Anyway after reading this thread it seems that each AP case takes roughly 3 months, which is upsetting of course but at least that's something to hope for I guess. I wish there was more transparency through this process, and not a website you have to go and check.

Deep I had a question, did you apply as i130? I'm hopeful that because they kept her passport she's not going to have to wait too long. Anyway unless there are specific questions, I'll post and update when I hear good news, which will hopefully be within the next month.

Filed: Timeline

Hi Guys,

IT seems that everyone one here is applying from India through the Delhi Office.

I was wondering if there is anyone that has applied from another country??

UK? Italy? Ireland? etc..

I have applied through the London Office in the UK and have been waiting for neatly 9 months now. I have recently hired a lawyer to try and follow this up. It would be geat to hear from someone who has applied from other than India.

Cheers!

Timeline

Hi, this is my first time posting on this website.

I am a US citizen (born and raised), applied for my wife who lives in India through I-130, she is going through New Delhi office.

Her interview was Jan 11 and the interviewer told my wife that her case looked in order (as in everything looks good), kept her passport, then gave her a paper which stated her application will be undergoing Mandatory Administrative Processing. Then it says, "We have retained your passport to more quickly process your visa when the processing has been completed."

I was freaking out because my expectations were based on years ago when spouses get the visas the same or next day. Maybe that still happens in a few cases? I don't know. Maybe because my first name is Usama? Maybe because this is just what happens with most cases? I have no clue. Anyway after reading this thread it seems that each AP case takes roughly 3 months, which is upsetting of course but at least that's something to hope for I guess. I wish there was more transparency through this process, and not a website you have to go and check.

Deep I had a question, did you apply as i130? I'm hopeful that because they kept her passport she's not going to have to wait too long. Anyway unless there are specific questions, I'll post and update when I hear good news, which will hopefully be within the next month.

That is correct...I applied I130... But at the interview, they gave her passport with a letter to submit all the requested documents to VFS.

When we submitted the documents with passport, they returned the passport with NO VISA.

After 10 days, we got call from Embassy "We can not find your passport. Did you submit it with documents?" When we told them that the passport was returned about 10 days ago to our home, we got email in 5 mins to submit the passport again one more time. We did and Visa papers were delivered with passport with visa stamp.

BUT in your case, they have kept the passport, which is a good thing. Hang in there.

GOOD LUCK and BEST WISHES

Timeline

Hi Guys,

IT seems that everyone one here is applying from India through the Delhi Office.

I was wondering if there is anyone that has applied from another country??

UK? Italy? Ireland? etc..

I have applied through the London Office in the UK and have been waiting for neatly 9 months now. I have recently hired a lawyer to try and follow this up. It would be geat to hear from someone who has applied from other than India.

Cheers!

"scotlandmd"... follow-up with AP through a lawyer is total waste of money (my personal take). You should do it through your US Congressman/Congresswoman OR US Senator. I did it, it worked like a charm.

Filed: Timeline

Hi DP

It seem like you have had more luck with the congressman / senator than i have! I contacted my wives congressman to enquire about our case and unfortunately it came back as AP.

I have talked to a few lawyers and they have all said that unless the congressman / senator takes a personal interest and follows this through then nothing much will happen.

who was your congressman and what process did they go through?

"scotlandmd"... follow-up with AP through a lawyer is total waste of money (my personal take). You should do it through your US Congressman/Congresswoman OR US Senator. I did it, it worked like a charm.

Timeline

Hi DP

It seem like you have had more luck with the congressman / senator than i have! I contacted my wives congressman to enquire about our case and unfortunately it came back as AP.

I have talked to a few lawyers and they have all said that unless the congressman / senator takes a personal interest and follows this through then nothing much will happen.

who was your congressman and what process did they go through?

I did not go through congressman, I went through US Senator (there are only 100 of them) I followed with NC Senator's office, my home state...

Followed through with them, she has a awesome woman working in her office, she was a big help.

My Best thing - I just keep on bugging them till they went ahead and put inquiry and follow through it.

It really helped me...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I did not go through congressman, I went through US Senator (there are only 100 of them) I followed with NC Senator's office, my home state...

Followed through with them, she has a awesome woman working in her office, she was a big help.

My Best thing - I just keep on bugging them till they went ahead and put inquiry and follow through it.

It really helped me...

"Deep2009" lucky you. It's almost 5 months ...still in AP. Went to senators office for second inquiry but they said no..I have to wait 90 days for another inquiry. Don't know what to do???? Any advise??

Timeline

"Deep2009" lucky you. It's almost 5 months ...still in AP. Went to senators office for second inquiry but they said no..I have to wait 90 days for another inquiry. Don't know what to do???? Any advise??

Now, use US congressman/woman of your area (NOT State Senator and Congressman/woman).

You got to keep tab on these things Aman, keep it going...

I know it is hard man.... being there done that... it will take toll on you BUT please hang in there.

Edited by Deep2009

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Now, use US congressman/woman of your area (NOT State Senator and Congressman/woman).

You got to keep tab on these things Aman, keep it going...

I know it is hard man.... being there done that... it will take toll on you BUT please hang in there.

Thanks Deep..I will go to see my county's cogressman....Hope that help...!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Any update guys? going on 67 days... still nothing.

I don't know about India in particular, but they can take as long as they want, and not provide any explanation whatsoever under current law. American Families United is trying to give them a six-month limit (www.americanfamiliesunited.org) for these cases, and I made a petition asking Secretary of State Clinton and others to speed up the entire process of legal immigration, and institute the same kind of transparency and accountability we expect in other areas as U.S. citizens.

Anyone in AP and all VJers should join American Families United and sign the petition!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/falling-in-love-with-someone-from-another-country-is-not-a-crime/

post-44910-0-47554500-1295493060_thumb.jpg

post-44910-0-66347300-1295493104_thumb.jpg

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Today 139 days completed in Ap......pending pending

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.