unkajed

I-130 filed 10 years ago and now case is moving

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Greetings and Thank you in advance.

This is for a friend but I will write it as though it was me.

I am a "Central American" National with Central American Citizenship.

10 years ago, my brother in the United States Petitioned for me.

During this 10 year period, I have had a daughter immigrate to Canada and became a citizen.

I have also had a daughter immigrate to the United States and became a citizen.

I have an American Tourist Visa that I use to freely come and go in the US to visit my daughter in the US. It is valid for many years.

With the help of my daughter in Canada, I received "Permanent Residence in Canada".

Now my daughter in Canada is moving to the United States and I can no longer live their alone. I have moved back to my Central American Country to finish the process of the I-130 which brother petitioned for 10 years ago which is now starting to process.

I am concerned my Canadian Residency will interfere with my I-130 process for the US.

Does anyone see any problems? Can I apply for US Permanent Residency even tho I have Canadian Residency but am a citizen of a Central American Country and living in that country???

This may be in wrong section...Perhaps it could be moved to family based immigration. Sorry

Edited by unkajed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

--initial filing, address was in Central America, on any forms that were filed?

--any address updates to USCIS over that 10 year period?

--what is EXACT status now? (you mention movement, just what is that movement?)

---

Going forward - IF/WHEN the casefile makes it INTO NVC -

then this person will need 'police clearance certificates' from each country where he lived 6 months or longer , is part of the DS-230 'civil documents requirement'.

and

his 'current address' must be IN the DS-230 form, as the 'packet 4' will be mailed to that address. (it might come, instead, via email, so be certain he has a working email address/system).

--

please clarify what starting to process means? Thanks in advance !

---

I am concerned my Canadian Residency will interfere with my I-130 process for the US. - IMO, not any issue, except to have the PCCs submitted with the DS-230. PCC submittal is 'normal thing', btw.

*** moving to 'Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America' forum ***

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thanks for the reply.

No..she has not had an address change in the last 10 years.

When I say the case is moving, her petitioner received notification to pay the AOS adjustment fee and to submit the I-864 to the NVC.

The fee was paid electronically thru the State Department website. Also, she is to start getting all the required Civil Documents like those you mentioned. "Police Certificated, etc

And to tell the truth, I do not believe she was in Canada 6 months at any one time, perhaps yes if you take into account the TOTAL time.

--initial filing, address was in Central America, on any forms that were filed?

--any address updates to USCIS over that 10 year period?

--what is EXACT status now? (you mention movement, just what is that movement?)

---

Going forward - IF/WHEN the casefile makes it INTO NVC -

then this person will need 'police clearance certificates' from each country where he lived 6 months or longer , is part of the DS-230 'civil documents requirement'.

and

his 'current address' must be IN the DS-230 form, as the 'packet 4' will be mailed to that address. (it might come, instead, via email, so be certain he has a working email address/system).

--

please clarify what starting to process means? Thanks in advance !

---

I am concerned my Canadian Residency will interfere with my I-130 process for the US. - IMO, not any issue, except to have the PCCs submitted with the DS-230. PCC submittal is 'normal thing', btw.

*** moving to 'Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America' forum ***

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi,

I have a UK residency stamped in my passport (that was still valid when we filed our paperwork), although I am also a citizen of Jordan. However this did not interfere at all with my K1 visa, which I actually applied for from Jordan.

I don't think your friend's Canadian residency will have any impact on them receiving a permanent residency in the US, if the I-485 is filed correctly with evidence showing his/her daughters live in the United States and are sufficient sponsors.

People's circumstances change, and that shouldn't hold them back from lawfully living with their families here. I fell in love, decided to leave the UK, we filed for my K1 from Jordan and here we are :)

good luck to them

K1 timeline
- K1- I-129F filed.....09/December/2009
POE: New York.....23/June/2010- temporary employment stamped into passport
GOT MARRIED =) .....04/August/2010

AOS timeline
- Filed AOS,EAD, and AP all together.....11/September/2010
- EAD received .... 11/November/2010
- AP in hand 14/December/2010
- AOS approved 01/April/2011
- Greencard in hand 09/April/2011

Removing Conditions

- Filed I-751..... 21/January/2013

- Received NOA- Conditional Status extended for one year.....28/January/2013

- NOA failed Biometrics - re-scheduled for a 2nd time in August (GRRRR).....15/July/2013

- 2nd Biometrics.....08/August/2013

- RFE-Fingerprints non-readable TWICE -need to provide police clearances......17/October/2013

- APPROVED- Finally- no interview, or further RFE's. Submitted request through Ombudsman early January. Approval 15/January/2014

Naturalization

- Filed N-400....15/March/2014

Greetings and Thank you in advance.

This is for a friend but I will write it as though it was me.

I am a "Central American" National with Central American Citizenship.

10 years ago, my brother in the United States Petitioned for me.

During this 10 year period, I have had a daughter immigrate to Canada and became a citizen.

I have also had a daughter immigrate to the United States and became a citizen.

I have an American Tourist Visa that I use to freely come and go in the US to visit my daughter in the US. It is valid for many years.

With the help of my daughter in Canada, I received "Permanent Residence in Canada".

Now my daughter in Canada is moving to the United States and I can no longer live their alone. I have moved back to my Central American Country to finish the process of the I-130 which brother petitioned for 10 years ago which is now starting to process.

I am concerned my Canadian Residency will interfere with my I-130 process for the US.

Does anyone see any problems? Can I apply for US Permanent Residency even tho I have Canadian Residency but am a citizen of a Central American Country and living in that country???

This may be in wrong section...Perhaps it could be moved to family based immigration. Sorry

No issues with the Canadian residency. Depending how much time you spent in Canada, you may need to obtain Canadian police certificate.

Why didn't your daughter petition you when she became citizen? That's under a year for parent of USC.

Moving this topic to bringing family members of US citizens.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Like I said, I am a friend.

The daughter gave me a piece of paper and said what do I do? hahaha...If it were so easy. It was the D-3032? Assignment of Agent and Request for AOS fee...

And the reason the daughter didn't apply for her mother's residence? I am thinking that she didn't know she could since the Uncle already had.

I am sure not going to tell her this...I am sure her mom would be mad...

Thanks!

No issues with the Canadian residency. Depending how much time you spent in Canada, you may need to obtain Canadian police certificate.

Why didn't your daughter petition you when she became citizen? That's under a year for parent of USC.

Moving this topic to bringing family members of US citizens.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Comments inline, below, in bold.

Thanks for the reply.

No..she has not had an address change in the last 10 years. disagree, on the beneficiary . Review the DS-230, as this is the beneficiary's Visa Application

When I say the case is moving, her petitioner received notification to pay the AOS adjustment fee and to submit the I-864 to the NVC.

The fee was paid electronically thru the State Department website. Also, she is to start getting all the required Civil Documents like those you mentioned. "Police Certificated, etc cool - this is 'NVC Processing' - the I-130 is already approved from USCIS - this is a good thing - the next big thing is the DS-230 with civil documents, and the PCCs are needed for the DS-230

And to tell the truth, I do not believe she was in Canada 6 months at any one time, perhaps yes if you take into account the TOTAL time. no, I not compute total time, and neither will the Visa Officer - take a careful review of the DS-230 form. IMO, though, if someone holds a 'Canadien Permanent Resident Card' then why not stay there past any 6 month window? It seems a bit convoluted, to get the PR card and not stay there over 6 months

Hi,

I have a UK residency stamped in my passport (that was still valid when we filed our paperwork), although I am also a citizen of Jordan. However this did not interfere at all with my K1 visa, which I actually applied for from Jordan.

I don't think your friend's Canadian residency will have any impact on them receiving a permanent residency in the US, if the I-485 is filed correctly with evidence showing his/her daughters live in the United States and are sufficient sponsors.

People's circumstances change, and that shouldn't hold them back from lawfully living with their families here. I fell in love, decided to leave the UK, we filed for my K1 from Jordan and here we are :)

good luck to them

Ultimately, this is for an IR-5 visa, and as such - there is no 'I-485' to file, as there is no 'adjustment of status' necessary once the parent is actually IN the USA.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

what?????.....waiting 10 years until approval....how is that....sorry but that is impossible .

Sam

No, it's not for F4 preference category. Current wait time is around 9 years for all but Phillipines and Mexico (Apr 1991 for PI and Dec 1995 for Mexico).

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

No, it's not for F4 preference category. Current wait time is around 9 years for all but Phillipines and Mexico (Apr 1991 for PI and Dec 1995 for Mexico).

would you please explain this more to me?? ..what is the F4 preference category .

Beautiful patience.

would you please explain this more to me?? ..what is the F4 preference category .

google visa bulletin and look up visa preference categories.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.