CountryBoy

Name Typo On Beneficiary Birth Certificate

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If my fiancee's last name is misspelled on her birth certificate and is different from her fathers last name do we have to get it corrected? All of her paperwork is under the misspelled name, passports, clearances, ID's, Diplomas, Degrees, everything ..

Donnie and Sylvia

If my fiancee's last name is misspelled on her birth certificate and is different from her fathers last name do we have to get it corrected? All of her paperwork is under the misspelled name, passports, clearances, ID's, Diplomas, Degrees, everything ..

Hi, in my experienced 6 years ago I had my misspelled name corrected. I went to the civil registrar to file "correction of entry". They can give you information or advise how to process it especially in your fiance's case family name is different from her father's last name.

Timeline

Hi, in my experienced 6 years ago I had my misspelled name corrected. I went to the civil registrar to file "correction of entry". They can give you information or advise how to process it especially in your fiance's case family name is different from her father's last name.

Ok, you had it required but was is mandatory (it had to be done) in order to petition you to the US?? My fiancee has sooooooo many documents, diploma, degree, etc. with the misspelled name that it would be a true burden to have it all changed but if we have to, we have to.

thanks for your reply.

Donnie and Sylvia

Timeline

Ok, you had it CHANGED (sorry typo) but was is mandatory (it had to be done) in order to petition you to the US?? My fiancee has sooooooo many documents, diploma, degree, etc. with the misspelled name that it would be a true burden to have it all changed but if we have to, we have to.

thanks for your reply.

Donnie and Sylvia

Ok, you had it required but was is mandatory (it had to be done) in order to petition you to the US?? My fiancee has sooooooo many documents, diploma, degree, etc. with the misspelled name that it would be a true burden to have it all changed but if we have to, we have to.

thanks for your reply.

I had my Birth Certificate name of entry corrected (typo error), I never changed my school records, licenses, etc. because this is the most practical way to do it easily.

I had my Birth Certificate name of entry corrected (typo error), I never changed my school records, licenses, etc. because this is the most practical way to do it easily.

And besides, it's best to correct the error made in the BC this is one ofthe major basis of the document in every transaction she can do otherwise if it's not corrected she can be questioned a lot (plenty of hassles) plus she can be denied when she process something and her BC doesn't match with her other documents presented...You should bear in your mind, it's all about paper documentation when submitting documents rather than verbal explanations.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Depends. Do you want to correct it? Visas are issued in the name as in her passport. If it bothers her, then get the BC changed and get her passport changed. As of this moment the incorrect spelling is "officially" the correct spelling. It will not affect the visa either way, except the spelling of her name.

FWIW in Russian culture countries the daughter NEVER has the same last name as her father as they add the "feminine" suffix. Even if a woman takes her husband's name, she uses the feminine version of it. Putin's wife would be Mrs. "Putinova" or Putinaya" (there are rules for if it is "ova", "aya", "evna", "eva", "ovna, etc. but too complicated) so would his daughters.

The US makes no judgements about how names are passed on/spelled in other countries, they print what you give them. If the birth certificate says that is her name...it is good enough for the USA.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i had the same prob when i do my k1 visa

my last name in passport not the same in the birth certifacite ( one letter is diff )

did u think this can be a reason for them to print for me a visa in passport and over it they stamp it with cancled without prejudice ??? and send my case back for further review ????

06-15-2008 : my fiancee first visit to me ( stayed 3 weeks ) .

06-23-2009 : my fiancee secound visit me in Egypt ( stayed 6 weeks ).

06-28-2009 : ENGAGED

10-29-2009 : I-129F Sent

01-27-2010 : my fiancee 3rd visit to Egypt ( stayed 6 weeks ) .

02-09-2010 : travel with my fiancee to turkey in a vacation (5 days)

05-25-2010 : my fiancee 4th visit to ( stayed 2 months ) .

06-03-2010 :Interview Date .

Interview Result : approved ( ya right ! )

07-01-2010 : we got a letter had my passport and over the visa stamp says ( canceled without prejudice )!!

06-29-2010 : case sent back to usa !!!

07-07-2010 : MARRIED

01-12-2011 : the letter state the k1 case is expired , and ther was no prob to file back for any kind of visa

04-25-2011 : my wife here now visiting me in egypt for 2 and half mounth yayyyyyyyyyyyy

05-18-2011 : travel with my wife to malaysia in a 1 week vaction

06-14-2011 : register our marraige papers in cairo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAocm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

i had the same prob when i do my k1 visa

my last name in passport not the same in the birth certifacite ( one letter is diff )

did u think this can be a reason for them to print for me a visa in passport and over it they stamp it with cancled without prejudice ??? and send my case back for further review ????

No. That is not the reason.

FWIW, BOTH our sons names are differnet on their birth certificates than on their passports. we enever changed it. The visas were issued in the names as in their passports, they were not cancelled, both now have green cards

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.