Andy and Kayla

September 2010 K1 Filers

1,456 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

VSC received my application on 16 September 2010. Yesterday I called again and the woman agreed I was outside of the 5 months processing time at VSC but the system would not allow her to enter a service request, call back in 2 or 3 hours (she thought it was technical difficulties). I called back and was told that they couldn't submit a service request because VSC was processing 11 September and I needed to call back in a week. I asked when that 11 September date was last updated and she couldn't tell me.

I called back after VSC close of business today and asked what date VSC was processing today, as my application had not been touched since 3 October and we are at 6 months one week. She did not tell me the date, however she was allowed to submit a service request for me because they were now processing past September 16. :star: I really hope this helps.

Thanks for the update mate, we are the 23rd of Sept, so hopefully ours will be in the next week or so, i called the lady on friday morning (australia time) and she said i would hear something in the next 12 days! so i hope its true... we called a week and abit ago and they were at the 11th of september processing.. the lady on friday didnt let me put in a service request.. hopefully ours comes out soon too!!

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I always try to check this thread for happy news of you September filers getting your NOA2s. I hope VSC pulls some sort of miracle out of their pockets and approves all of you very soon. This entire situation with the backlogs and delays has been a fiasco and I feel for each and every one of you. Good luck, for what it's worth.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I always try to check this thread for happy news of you September filers getting your NOA2s. I hope VSC pulls some sort of miracle out of their pockets and approves all of you very soon. This entire situation with the backlogs and delays has been a fiasco and I feel for each and every one of you. Good luck, for what it's worth.

Thanks Piefre, I hope we get to you guys soon too...maybe they will learn from this and fix their process?

I see you are also going through Vancouver. There's so much Montreal data and not much recent info on Vancouver; I will share what I can. :) Glad to help those, as I have been helped. :thumbs:

K1 Process:

NOA1 17 Sept 10

Touched 3 Oct 10

Placed Service Request 25 March 11

NOA2 4 April 11

Left NVC 15 April 11

Packet 3 letter dated 19 April 11

Packet 3 response sent 6 May 11

Interview 26 May 11

K1 received 1 June 11

Entered US 26 June 11

Married 6 August 11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

tomorrow times up for our 14 day service request frame.

time to talk to tier 2 officers again :)

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

tomorrow times up for our 14 day service request frame.

time to talk to tier 2 officers again :)

Hope you get some good news from them.

Good luck :thumbs:

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just got a letter from Senator Cardin's office saying that our petition is being expedited and we should hear something "shortly". Not sure what "shortly" means, but it has to be some wort of progress from nothing.. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I just got a letter from Senator Cardin's office saying that our petition is being expedited and we should hear something "shortly". Not sure what "shortly" means, but it has to be some wort of progress from nothing.. :thumbs:

Hoping for you that it means really soon! A couple weeks ago I put in requests my senator and congressman and with 24 hours they both made inquiries. They got my case expedited. I got a letter from my Congressman's office saying it would be processed "shortly." Then I got a letter from my Senator's office saying "within 3 business days." So I hope it means within 3 business days for you too.

09/02/10 Mailed I-129F

09/07/10 NOA1

03/17/11 NOA2 approved

06/06/11 Interview. Visa approved. Told we'll get visa in 7-10 days. Lies.

07/12/11 Visa in hand

07/15/11 Arrival in the U.S.

07/21/11 Marriage

07/28/11 Mailed I-485

08/03/11 NOA for I-485

08/29/11 Biometrics

10/17/11 Greencard interview. Approved.

Timeline

Hoping for you that it means really soon! A couple weeks ago I put in requests my senator and congressman and with 24 hours they both made inquiries. They got my case expedited. I got a letter from my Congressman's office saying it would be processed "shortly." Then I got a letter from my Senator's office saying "within 3 business days." So I hope it means within 3 business days for you too.

WOW! 3 days - now that would be great! Good luck to you and me! I was thinking 30 at best...

Sorry - I just noticed your timeline... CONGRATULATIONS!!! I will be ecstatic if it happens that fast for us!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I don't want to be the wet blanket but when my expedite request was denied, the reason given to me was that my case was already with an adjudicator and I should hear something "soon". That was 16 days ago when I placed the request and 11 days ago when it was denied. I still have not heard a peep.:crying:

This past week I sent letters to anyone and everyone within the government who might be able to help me. I have done everything I can legally do. All that is left now sit back and continue to loose my mind.:blink:

09/13/10 - Sent in I-129F

09/16/10 - NOA1 (Letter Received 09/24/10)
10/03/10 - Only Touch Before Approval
03/30/11 - NOA2 (195 Days from NOA1) (Letter Received 04/04/11)
04/07/11 - NVC Received File
04/12/11 - File Left NVC Sent to Embassy
04/13/11 - File Received by Embassy
04/19/11 - Packet 3 Received
04/20/11 - Packet 3 Sent to Embassy
04/29/11 - Packet 4 Received
06/06/11 - Interview (263 Days from NOA1) APPROVED!!!!
06/09/11 - VISA Received
07/04/11 - POE (Washington D.C. Dulles)
07/25/11 - Married

08/11/11 - Sent in I-485,I-131,I-765
08/17/11 - NOA1
09/12/11 - Biometrics
10/13/11 - EAD and AP Approved
10/22/11 - EAD Card Received
10/26/11 - AOS Interview (APPROVED!)
11/04/11 - Green Card Received

08/13/13 - Sent in I-751

08/20/13 - NOA1

09/24/13 - Biometrics (Bad Fingerprints)

10/17/13 - Redo Biometrics, Walk-In

12/03/13 - NOA2 (Approved!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Good luck there! Being placed with an adjudicator unfortunately doesn't guarantee speedy processing. I was promised (by a tier 2 iso ) that it would be adjudicated within 30 days. I think it's supposed to be - really - and I hope it's that way for you.

Mine sat with in an adjudicator for 35 days, and I think the only reason it was processed at the end there was because my senator and congressman both made requests - in my opinion, that's definitely the way to go. Send out REQUESTS TO MULTIPLE PEOPLE AT ONCE. You get multiple inquiries, more information and quicker service, I think.

09/02/10 Mailed I-129F

09/07/10 NOA1

03/17/11 NOA2 approved

06/06/11 Interview. Visa approved. Told we'll get visa in 7-10 days. Lies.

07/12/11 Visa in hand

07/15/11 Arrival in the U.S.

07/21/11 Marriage

07/28/11 Mailed I-485

08/03/11 NOA for I-485

08/29/11 Biometrics

10/17/11 Greencard interview. Approved.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I don't want to be the wet blanket but when my expedite request was denied, the reason given to me was that my case was already with an adjudicator and I should hear something "soon". That was 16 days ago when I placed the request and 11 days ago when it was denied. I still have not heard a peep.:crying:

This past week I sent letters to anyone and everyone within the government who might be able to help me. I have done everything I can legally do. All that is left now sit back and continue to loose my mind.:blink:

Having YOU put in an expedite request is different than a congressperson having one approved. Having an expedite request is them saying, we'll CONSIDER expediting it. Them telling a Congressperson that it'll be expedited is them saying they WILL expedite it. If they were going to deny the expedite request from the congressperson, they would have done so right away, believe me, I've been there. So hopefully one of your letters to a government official will work out.

POE: 5/17/2011

Wedding: 5/21/2011

AOS Mailed: 6/17/2011

NOA1 6/27/2011

RFE 7/13/2011

EAD approved 8/22/2011 :)

AOS Approved 9/14/2011 :) :) :)

USCIS Free till 2013!!!!!!!!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Having YOU put in an expedite request is different than a congressperson having one approved. Having an expedite request is them saying, we'll CONSIDER expediting it. Them telling a Congressperson that it'll be expedited is them saying they WILL expedite it. If they were going to deny the expedite request from the congressperson, they would have done so right away, believe me, I've been there. So hopefully one of your letters to a government official will work out.

I would say correct.

If a USCIS staffer or someone lied to a Congressman or Senator about this...it could come back and bite that person in the ***. Even though USCIS uses the visa fees to help pay for their costs, they still get federal $$$ as they are a government organization.

So during the meeting they have every year where they ask/beg for more $$$...if said Congressman or Senator is on the Budget and Finance committee......look out :P. Or if they aren't on it, they will let someone within their party who is on it know about what happened.

In the end, not smart for USCIS to B.S. a U.S. Representative.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Lets keep our fingers crossed for all of us :)

Pissed my fiance off yesterday lol about tuxedo rental policys haha so we ended up fighting. Gotta make up for it in order for him to be calling USCIS today for us,.he likes to do this to me haha

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Timeline

Huge luck to all still waiting for NOA2. For those who have received theirs and are onto the next forms, am I right in assuming that answering yes to the question about intention to work, is okay? I know work authorisation takes a while. Does answering yes, imply an intention to work without permission?

13/09/10 NOA 1 Received

03/10/10 Touched

22/03/11 NOA2 Received

25/03/11 NOA2 Hard copy received

29/03/11 NVC Received

04/04/11 NVC Sent

06/04/11 Consulate Received

11/04/11 Packet 3 received

19/04/11 Police Certificate received- NO TRACE

25/05/11 Medical- PASSED

31/05/11 Packet 3 Sent

26/07/11 INTERVIEW

29/07/11 Received Passport and visa docs in post

10/11/11 Arrived at Newark and passed through with no problems

20/11/2011 Married!

AOS

12/11/2011 AOS,EAD and AP application sent via USPS

12/22/2011 NOA 1

01/11/2012 Case transferred to CSC for processing

01/18/2012 Touched

01/23/2012 Biometrics Appointment

02/09/2012 EAD Card production email

02/09/2012 AP Approval email

02/15/2012 Touched

02/16/2012 Touched

02/16/2012 EAD card delivered

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Huge luck to all still waiting for NOA2. For those who have received theirs and are onto the next forms, am I right in assuming that answering yes to the question about intention to work, is okay? I know work authorisation takes a while. Does answering yes, imply an intention to work without permission?

I've seen a number of answers on VJ ranging from no to yes with an explanation. The best one for your situation would be: Yes but only with work authorization (EAD or Greencard).

Edited by Blob18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.