Andy and Kayla

September 2010 K1 Filers

1,456 posts in this topic

Does anyone who currently has their NOA2 approved know their interview date? I was wondering what the average time between approval and interview was for us.

I am hoping it doesn't push into June because that could cause some issues with Ali already being in the States on a visitor's visa, he'd have to fly back to Amman for the interview.

It depends on the consulate. Ask in your country specific forum.

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

We received our NOA1 on Sept. 23rd. We have only been "touched" once on Oct. 3rd. I called last week....a week after the 5 months....and I was told to wait another 33 days before a service request could be issued. Was I told wrong? The we got when I called was very nice and told us nothing was odd or flagged on our account. Do you all think we will hear something soon? Should I demand a service request?

Engaged May 2010

Submitted 129F Sept. 2010

Received NOA1 - Sept. 23, 2010

Touched - Oct. 3, 2010

Service Request - March 24, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

judging from what other people have said on this forum, i would say that it's unfortunately normal to be told to just "wait it out" even if your account is in good standing. I think our NOA2 was the 21st so we are in the same boat as you.

Anna & Ali

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

NOA1-Sept 21, 2010

NOA2-March 14, 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We have an NOA1 of Sept 23 as well and have not been able to put a service request in...last week I talked to tier 2 and they said that our case had been assigned to someone so we should know in 30 days. Must be luck getting a person to do a service request for ya.

K-1

9/23/2010 NOA1

3/31/2011 NOA2!!(189 days)

6/06/2011 Interview Approved

AOS

7/29/2011 AOS and EAD sent by USPS

8/01/2011 NOA date

8/15/2011 Biometrics walk in (appointment for 8/29)

9/26/2011 EAD Approved

10/4/2011 EAD in Hand

10/18/2011 Interview Green Card Approved

10/28/2011 Green Card in hand :)

Timeline

aimeevsgarnette I am glad it wasn't just us. Sorry to hear that you all were not able to do a service request either. I guess we just wait until early April or until we get the NOA2 :-(

Engaged May 2010

Touched - Oct. 3, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Might not see many approvals today. Was a huge snow storm in the North East last night, this morning. All counties but 2 southern ones in Vermont were closed for State employees, so govt was probably off too.

Timeline

Might not see many approvals today. Was a huge snow storm in the North East last night, this morning. All counties but 2 southern ones in Vermont were closed for State employees, so govt was probably off too.

Man! good call Blob18. I saw that on the news this morning but I did not put 2 & 2 together. Just one more hurdle in a long race. Can't do anything but laugh and let it go.

Engaged May 2010

Touched - Oct. 3, 2010

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

VDC was not closed today. I signed up for e-mail alerts from USCIS. Most of them are a waste of my time, but the ones that alert us to the closure of VDC come in on the same channel. Didn't happen.

Keep trying to put in a service request. It took me a couple of calls to finally get someone that went ahead and did the request. It took me 1 week and finally today it payed off.

09/10/2010 sent in I129f

09/16/2010 Noa 1 email

09/21/2010 Hardcopy Noa 1

10/03/2010 soft lud

02/16/2011 5 month mark and still waiting

02/17/2011 called in to place service request was told wait 26 more days

03/07/2011 Finnaly service request granted outside processing time

03/14/2011 request to expedite

03/17/2011 expedite denied due to delay in background check email received

03/20/2011 placed another service request and questioned why expedite was denied.

03/21/2011 email update on service request( your case is under review)

03/28/2011 I emailed vermont for follow up on my request and emailed proof of why i need expedite.

04/05/2011 NOA2 Email APPROVED!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

VDC was not closed today. I signed up for e-mail alerts from USCIS. Most of them are a waste of my time, but the ones that alert us to the closure of VDC come in on the same channel. Didn't happen.

I think it's time for one of your rants... this was not a good start to the week for vermont. i had high hopes as they moved quite a few the beginning of the week last week (compared to other times in recent vsc history)

POE: 5/17/2011

Wedding: 5/21/2011

AOS Mailed: 6/17/2011

NOA1 6/27/2011

RFE 7/13/2011

EAD approved 8/22/2011 :)

AOS Approved 9/14/2011 :) :) :)

USCIS Free till 2013!!!!!!!!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Uh huh. Support Center, and both Field Offices were closed. I'm pretty sure a lot of people were not able to make it to work and took unscheduled leave.

Hence why there are few to no applications being approved today.

I get Intra-net emails for all government agencies as I work for a agency in the Justice Department and most agencies such as USCIS, DHS etc are in that umbrella. A lot of people definitly didn't make it to work up there today.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Uh huh. Support Center, and both Field Offices were closed. I'm pretty sure a lot of people were not able to make it to work and took unscheduled leave.

Hence why there are few to no applications being approved today.

I get Intra-net emails for all government agencies as I work for a agency in the Justice Department and most agencies such as USCIS, DHS etc are in that umbrella. A lot of people definitly didn't make it to work up there today.

Unscheduled leave and closed are not the same thing.

I hope this is the reason and not a new trend of escalating Disservice Center failure from week to week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Today marks 6 months since the NOA1 for us. Didn't want to get to this point, but here we are.

It has been 25 days since my case was assigned to an adjudicator. They are not supposed to take more than 30 after it's been assigned, but I don't trust anything they say. I called today to let them know (very politely, of course) that if my case was not processed this week I would be making a big stink and contacting congressmen/senators/ombudsman. I spoke with a tier 2 officer and was able to confirm the date my case was assigned and that cases are indeed supposed to be processed within 30 days once they are assigned. He put in an expedite and said I would get a response within 5 days...Although after I hung up I realized I am still unclear as to what kind of a response I will get. For all I know, I might get something in 5 days that says "your case is still pending" and that is their version of "responding." I don't trust them at all anymore. But at least I tried and got him to admit that my case should be adjudicated this week.

09/02/10 Mailed I-129F

09/07/10 NOA1

03/17/11 NOA2 approved

06/06/11 Interview. Visa approved. Told we'll get visa in 7-10 days. Lies.

07/12/11 Visa in hand

07/15/11 Arrival in the U.S.

07/21/11 Marriage

07/28/11 Mailed I-485

08/03/11 NOA for I-485

08/29/11 Biometrics

10/17/11 Greencard interview. Approved.

I got our NOA2 on March 6. That's what the case status says and also the touch is for March 6(last updated thingy). It says the usual:

Post Decision Activity

On March 6, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

But it only says that they mailed the notice, so maybe the case was processed on Friday and they gave orders for putting things in the mail for Monday. Plus, I remember that we've all been touched on October 3, 2010. That was a Sunday as well. It's rare, but it happens. :P YAAAAAY!

I have to add that we didn't call, not once! I kept telling: I'm giving them 2 more days. LOL, then I was: If we don't have it by Monday, I SWEAR we're calling everyone. Ha! Goes to show how powerful God is and God's time is always the best time!

Congrats. You've been so calm in this process....

December '09 - Met via Facebook

~ Fell in love just a few months thereafter

7/18/2010 - I flew to Trinidad and met for the first time

~ Spent two weeks, one of which was in Tobago

9/9/2010 - Mailed I-129F to Texas via Express mail

9/15/2010 - NOA1 Date

4/4/2011 - NOA2 Date

4/12/2011 - NVC received

4/25/2011 - NVC sent via DHL to consulate

5/2/2011 - Packet mailed

7/25/2011 - Visa approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.