Andy and Kayla

September 2010 K1 Filers

1,456 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well march 12, 2011 will be our 6 month mark.

I guess we will see something after that. I have not seen many NOA2, but I guess they are on staffing reductions to go along with the budget reductions.

Good Luck one and all.

There have been no layoffs, attritions or other staff reductions at either Disservice Center.

They just won't process I129f petitions for some ungodly reason know only to them.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I received a written reply from one of my senator's offices yesterday stating what I was told about the having 30 more days to assign plus another 30 days to review. I just faxed letters to my two senator's and congressman's office with a summary of what some other people have used, stating the online information about cases being processed out of order, the current national trends, and the current USCIS national processing time. I also referenced the section with the USCIS director denied a backlog existing and stated that I believe a backlog does exist. I closed by saying that I'm requesting their assitance (or addiitonal assistance from the one office who has helped so far) with addressing the backlog and working on getting my petition and others who are past the 5 months to be processed. Will post if I hear any response.

My senator said something similar. Told me five is just the average processing time, 6-7 months would be considered "normal"

Would you mind sharing some of the copy you wrote to them with? I would like to try it on my end, too.

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

Filed: Timeline

Guys on Monday it will be 5 months since we got the NOA1. Can you guys tell me what did you write to your senators and how do you actually put in a service request?

And also where do you find the names of the congressmen and senators? In my case my fiancee lives in Boston,MA...

Thanks a lot,

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guys on Monday it will be 5 months since we got the NOA1. Can you guys tell me what did you write to your senators and how do you actually put in a service request?

And also where do you find the names of the congressmen and senators? In my case my fiancee lives in Boston,MA...

Thanks a lot,

Your senators are John Kerry and Scott Brown. As for your Congress Member, that is very address specific, so you need to go to Congress' website for that info.

Here is the letter I sent to Senator Gillibrand and Congressman Israel. You will notice my prior contact with them, so you need to modify it a bit. Good luck to you.

--------------------------------------

Re: My I129f Filing with USCIS

Dear Congressman/Senator

I am an American citizen and a petitioner to the USCIS for a K-1 fiance visa for my beloved fiance, *****************

As you recall, I corresponded with your office on ************, inquiring as to why my petition, filed on September 28, had not yet been processed by United States Customs and Immigration Service. ******** was kind enough to telephone me and point out that petitions of this type are not normally processed until five months after their filing date. She contacted USCIS and ascertained that there was no problem with my filing; it was just a matter of waiting for the five month period. She then indicated that if the five months were to go by with no response from USCIS, I should contact your office for a follow up.

It is now February 28, 2011, precisely 5 months from my filing date, and my petition is no closer to getting processed than it was on ********, when I first requested your assistance. I read some things on the internet to the effect that USCIS is a bit behind in processing, but I also read about multiple cases filed after mine that were processed in under five months. Just this past week, I read about a case that was filed on October 5 and processed on February 24, one that was filed on October 6 and processed on that same day, and one that was filed on November 3 and processed on the day before. So it seems to me that my turn to be processed has arrived; yet I hear nothing from USCIS.

I enclosed the forms from your website that you asked to be filled out for these matters, and I appreciate any assistance your office may be able to give me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Guys, when should I worry about seeing my NOA2 hardcopy? I got approve email late monday(the 28th) and still haven't seen NOA2 hardcopy yet. starting to get a little worried since it's been a week tomorrow.

08/31/10: Mailed I-129f package via Express USPS to Lewisville TX.

09/01/10: Forwarded to Dallas from Lewisville.

09/02/10: Delivered to USCIS and signed for by Ben Mcbride.

09/09/10: Check cashed!

09/11/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received, dated 09/03/10! & Touched!

09/13/10: Touched!

10/03/10: Touched!

02/28/22: NOA2

03/08/2011: NVC received

03/17/2011: London received

03/24/2011: Packet 3 received

05/25/11: Mailed part 1 of Packet 3

??/??/11: Mailed part 2 Packet 3

??/??/11: London logged packet 3

??/??/11: Medical

??/??/11: Interview

s-event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I got our NOA2 on March 6. That's what the case status says and also the touch is for March 6(last updated thingy). It says the usual:

Post Decision Activity

On March 6, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

But it only says that they mailed the notice, so maybe the case was processed on Friday and they gave orders for putting things in the mail for Monday. Plus, I remember that we've all been touched on October 3, 2010. That was a Sunday as well. It's rare, but it happens. :P YAAAAAY!

I have to add that we didn't call, not once! I kept telling: I'm giving them 2 more days. LOL, then I was: If we don't have it by Monday, I SWEAR we're calling everyone. Ha! Goes to show how powerful God is and God's time is always the best time!

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

I got our NOA2 on March 6. That's what the case status says and also the touch is for March 6(last updated thingy). It says the usual:

Post Decision Activity

On March 6, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

But it only says that they mailed the notice, so maybe the case was processed on Friday and they gave orders for putting things in the mail for Monday. Plus, I remember that we've all been touched on October 3, 2010. That was a Sunday as well. It's rare, but it happens. :P YAAAAAY!

I have to add that we didn't call, not once! I kept telling: I'm giving them 2 more days. LOL, then I was: If we don't have it by Monday, I SWEAR we're calling everyone. Ha! Goes to show how powerful God is and God's time is always the best time!

YEHEY for you! :dance: :dance: :dance: CONGRATULATIONS! :star:

W2tim4.png

US Wedding 7/22/2011

0386172.th.jpg0725350.th.jpg0962502.th.jpg0733355.th.jpg0857426.th.jpg

PH Wedding 3/12/2013

http://vimeo.com/61700599

Post Decision Activity

Congratulations!! Ours actually got approved 2 days before the notice date. So yours was very likely approved on friday.

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Guys, when should I worry about seeing my NOA2 hardcopy? I got approve email late monday(the 28th) and still haven't seen NOA2 hardcopy yet. starting to get a little worried since it's been a week tomorrow.

Our hardcopy took 9 days to show up, and then we got 2 exactly the same :bonk:

Don't panic, it will be on it's way.

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

sooo excited for you Ella and Octav, I've been tracking your progress along with several other Sept filers on Igor's list and it looks like you guys jumped a ton of spots in a short period fo time, that gives Ali and I so much hope.

Thrilled for you!!!!!!

Anna & Ali

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

NOA1-Sept 21, 2010

NOA2-March 14, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

COngrats for the new Approval :) Super Sunday i would call it :D

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Post Decision Activity

Congratulations!! :)

Hello Everyone i've been keeping an eye on the forum. Im glad to see many have received their Noa 2. As of today March 7 i was able to put in a service request with uscis. I will update my Status if any changes occur.

09/10/2010 sent in I129f

09/16/2010 Noa 1 email

09/21/2010 Hardcopy Noa 1

10/03/2010 soft lud

02/16/2011 5 month mark and still waiting

02/17/2011 called in to place service request was told wait 26 more days

03/07/2011 Finnaly service request granted outside processing time

03/14/2011 request to expedite

03/17/2011 expedite denied due to delay in background check email received

03/20/2011 placed another service request and questioned why expedite was denied.

03/21/2011 email update on service request( your case is under review)

03/28/2011 I emailed vermont for follow up on my request and emailed proof of why i need expedite.

04/05/2011 NOA2 Email APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Does anyone who currently has their NOA2 approved know their interview date? I was wondering what the average time between approval and interview was for us.

I am hoping it doesn't push into June because that could cause some issues with Ali already being in the States on a visitor's visa, he'd have to fly back to Amman for the interview.

Anna & Ali

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

NOA1-Sept 21, 2010

NOA2-March 14, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes! I'm so happy!! It was sooo hard, but now it's finally over. I didn't want to call, I was like: oh, let's give them 2 more days and so on. LOL

But it will happen for all of you here! I'm sure of it! It's just a matter of days, guys!

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.