Andy and Kayla

September 2010 K1 Filers

1,456 posts in this topic

Tomorrow morning, February 28, is my five month mark and the start of my major combat with the Vermont Disservice Center. I already prepared letters to my Senators and Congress Member, and they are going out in tomorrow morning's mail. In addition, I will be calling the phone boys at 9:00 A.M. sharp.

Of course, the Disservice Center can make it all unnecessary. They can suddenly wake up and say "Hey, these are AMERICAN CITIZENS filing these I129fs. They can vote for the people who can fire us. We had better get busy doing their work for a change".

Of course there is no chance of that happening, so it looks like the war now begins.

Go for it!! A good tip for getting your call escalated to a tier 2 Immigration Service Operator, is to very politely say to the tier 1 goon, "I need an aswer to a specefic matter on my case, which i cannot get from the online case status page" Because the tier 1 people cannot look into specifics on your case, other than what you can see online, they have no choice but to escalate your call. If you get stonewalled, just insist on being put through to an ISO. Oh and make sure you record the time you called, tier 1 ID# and name and ISO name. Just incase you need to referance back to it in follow up e-mails.

I'm sure, being the kind of professional man that you are, you know all of this anyhow, but just wanted to give you that tip.

Oh, and the phone boys are open from 8:00

Edited by ameribrit

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hey guys- new week beginning tomorrow morning. Let's hope that this one is very productive over at VSC. Hopefully the nicer weather will brighten their days so they get through and approve our petitions!

9/21/10--I-129F mailed to Dallas

9/29/10--NOA1 (email and text message)

9/29/10--Check cashed

10/1/10--NOA1 hardcopy received (dated 9/27 and sent to VSC)

10/3/10--Touched (everyone touched)

10/4/10--Touched!

04/19/11-NOA2!! (FINALLY! After 204 days)

Major change of plans - the wait was too long for us and I ended up moving to Croatia in June 2011.

Married 06/09/12 <3

9/3/12 - I-130 NOA1

Check out my blog about long distance love, expat life, cooking, healthy living... http://dreamofhometonight.blogspot.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

my fiance's family is currently applying for visitors visas for june to help his younger sibling start college here....has anyone else here applied for a visitor's visa while they were awaiting the k-1? is that legal? or should i just tell him to wait and see about the k-1.

Anna & Ali

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

NOA1-Sept 21, 2010

NOA2-March 14, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

my fiance's family is currently applying for visitors visas for june to help his younger sibling start college here....has anyone else here applied for a visitor's visa while they were awaiting the k-1? is that legal? or should i just tell him to wait and see about the k-1.

Perfectly legal. Though chances of getting one are very slim. Can't hurt to try.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Im Lucky my Fiance / Us CItizen is coming on our 5 months mark to see me. we can call them together and I can help him along the way of requesting things .. And we can push it together :) Lucky us..

Cuz we want this wedding in June and thats why we are gonna push our luck from next Week on

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

So just for a clear understanding :

When I reach my 5 months Mark the first thing I do is :

Call National Customer Service and try to get to the Tier 2 by saying I need a specific Information regarding my Case which i cant see online ?

And what is to do when a Tier 2 officers is getting to the phone ? What shud I ask him ? should i Confront him that I 129 after my NOA 2 Date have been approved,without any Expedite requests ? Do I tell him it is from a Website on the internet ? OR how do I explain my Knowledge of this ?

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Last day of Feb. and another work day for VSC. It's already 11:15 pm here in Manila and I don't think I'd be getting any sleep tonight thinking whether or not they'd be approving our petitions today. Hope, prayers, and deep breaths. :clock:

W2tim4.png

US Wedding 7/22/2011

0386172.th.jpg0725350.th.jpg0962502.th.jpg0733355.th.jpg0857426.th.jpg

PH Wedding 3/12/2013

http://vimeo.com/61700599

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

So just for a clear understanding :

When I reach my 5 months Mark the first thing I do is :

Call National Customer Service and try to get to the Tier 2 by saying I need a specific Information regarding my Case which i cant see online ?

And what is to do when a Tier 2 officers is getting to the phone ? What shud I ask him ? should i Confront him that I 129 after my NOA 2 Date have been approved,without any Expedite requests ? Do I tell him it is from a Website on the internet ? OR how do I explain my Knowledge of this ?

What I would do and I know some others here have done is:

Once you get a ISO (Immigration Service Officer/Tier 2 Person) on the phone. Confront them, politely, with information from this site. Such as "I know several people who have NOA1s of XXX,XXX,XXX and have gotten their NOA2s on XXX,XXX,XXX and were not expedited" Also if there are petitions approved with dates after yours and you know they have not been expedited, say those as well. They 'claim' that petitions are processed in the order in which they are recieved with is complete BS and an outright lie. So using some examples with NOA1/NOA2 days showing they filed after you and got an NOA2 before you could help.

Most of all, as I mentioned, be polite. You will get better help. If they contest your knowledge of this, just say you know this from visa journey where thousands (over the years) gather to help/share information/experiences on the immigration visa process.

Noa2 Approved!

9/9/10: I-129F Sent

9/15/10: Received NOA1 via text/email from USCIS

9/16/10: Received NOA1 in mail (dated 9/13/10)

9/20/10: Touched!

10/03/10: Touched to the dusty shelves!

2/28/11: NOA2 finally

3/04/11: Arrived at NVC

3/08/11: Left NVC and arrived at CDJ consulate

4/04/11: Packet 3 sent

4/13/11: Packet 3 received!

4/18/11: Medical Exam

4/19/11: ASC

4/20/11: Interview (Approved!)

4/29/11: K-1 Visa in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/30/11: Entered USA

Noa2 Approved!

Congrats!..... VSC is on a roll today

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

I just got off the phone with the 800 number for USCIS. The Tier 1 person said when she was looking up my case that it showed it was for a I-130 instead of I-129F so she transferred me. I spoke with an officer (I'm guessing this is Tier 2?) who said it is showing correctly as a I-129F. The officer said they are currently working on 8/21/10 and that the website processing time frame is incorrect and hasn't been updated. She said the processing time is 7 months. She said I'm not out of my processing time frame but initiated a service request for me anyway. She said I have 27 more days to wait for an officer to be assigned my case plus and additional 30 days for teh officer to review my case and make a decision.

My 5 months was 2/20/11. On 2/18/11 I faxed released and a letter to both Senators' offices and my Congressman's office. Last Friday I called my Congressman's office. The person there was not very sympathetic and basically stated their office hasn't done anything and won't do anything for a while. One Senator's office has already sent a letter to USCIS asking about the status of my case and will let me know when they hear a response. I called my other Senator's office today and was told that it's in the process of being assigned to a case worker and that should happen this week.

7/26/10 Engaged
9/15/10 - Mailed I-129F to Dallas
9/17/10 - Received in Dallas
9/23/10 - NOA1 (Email - Sent to VSC)
9/24/10 - NOA1 (Letter Received Dated 9/20/10)
10/3/10 - Touched
3/23/11 - NOA2 (Email - Sent to NVC)
3/31/11 - Letter from NVC confirming receipt (Letter dated then)
4/6/11 - Email confirmation from NVC - Paperwork sent to Frankfurt
4/9/11 - Packet 3 received from Frankfurt
4/19/11 - Packet 4 received from Frankfurt
5/16/11 - Fiance's Interview in Frankfurt - Approved
6/11/11 - Wedding Date

7/1/11 - NOA AOS, EAD, AP documents received
7/27/11 - Biometrics
8/26/11 - Emails that AP and EAD are approved - EAD card sent to be ordered, should be sent within 30 days
10/31/11 - Email that GC is approved.
11/4/11 - GC received!

7/30/13 - NOA1 for ROC

8/27/13 - Biometrics

9/23/13 - Received notice of case being transferred from VSC to CSC

10/28/13 - GC ordered!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.