Andy and Kayla

September 2010 K1 Filers

1,456 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

correction above.. not at USCIS, but at CSC. at USCS, there are about 4,000 new K-1 filers.

======================================================================

K-1 Process

09/03/2010 - NOA1

02/02/2011 - NOA2 text message and an email (~5 months later)

04/26/2011 - Interview! Visa APPROVED and issued! yAAAy

05/20/2011 - POE: LAX

06/03/2011 - Wedding!!

07/07/2011 - Adilet got his SSN!

AOS Process

07/11/2011 - Sent our AOS package (AOS & EAD)

07/13/2011 - NOA1 text message and an email

08/09/2011 - Biometrics taken

09/01/2011 - Email notification that our interview is set for October 14.

09/23/2011 - Email notification that Adilet's EAD is in production.

10/04/2011 - EAD in hands.

10/14/2011 - Interview. GC APPROVED on the spot! Yeah!

11/01/2011 - GC in hands

04/03/2012 - Our beautiful baby girl is born!

event.png

it looks like every month, there are about 2,000 new K-1 filers at USCIS.. which means that we don't have the entire population here on VJ website. Besides, some members here don't bother updating their timelines when they receive their NOA2 approval notice.. So I would just hang in there hoping we will be reviewed very soon =)

Receipts of I-129F applications stay fairly constant at around 2000 ish for VSC. Unfortunately the number of completions is what is staying low. Also the most up to date data we have to work on from USCIS.gov is from October. This was right in the middle of when the TPS and work visa applications were going through, and the October 3rd group shelving.

All we have to go on, that is current, is Igors list from this website. And it certainly looks like the new year is starting off much better than since we filed. And both service centers are approving more than they have for a long time.

I'm with Blob18, that we need to give the new year a couple of weeks to see how the approval figures are raking up.

I am fairly sure at this point that we will all be going to the 5 month mark. But just how far either side of that mark is yet to be seen.

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

correction above.. not at USCIS, but at CSC. at USCS, there are about 4,000 new K-1 filers.

Where are you getting your data from? Is there an authoritative source other than USCIS (which is current only to October) that we should be looking at?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

Where are you getting your data from? Is there an authoritative source other than USCIS (which is current only to October) that we should be looking at?

no, I am looking at the same USCIS source (which appears to be up to October).. but the numbers are fairly consistent, so I extrapolated to today.. I calculated the data based on the raw excel file given by the USCIS.

K-1 Process

09/03/2010 - NOA1

02/02/2011 - NOA2 text message and an email (~5 months later)

04/26/2011 - Interview! Visa APPROVED and issued! yAAAy

05/20/2011 - POE: LAX

06/03/2011 - Wedding!!

07/07/2011 - Adilet got his SSN!

AOS Process

07/11/2011 - Sent our AOS package (AOS & EAD)

07/13/2011 - NOA1 text message and an email

08/09/2011 - Biometrics taken

09/01/2011 - Email notification that our interview is set for October 14.

09/23/2011 - Email notification that Adilet's EAD is in production.

10/04/2011 - EAD in hands.

10/14/2011 - Interview. GC APPROVED on the spot! Yeah!

11/01/2011 - GC in hands

04/03/2012 - Our beautiful baby girl is born!

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am not normally an angry and combative person. I only get that way when my rights get interfered with or more so when Elena's rights get interfered with.

I truly do not want to wage war against the USCIS. I want them to voluntarily give me the NOA2 I am entitled to on the day they promised it, February 28. If they do that, I can stand down, stop being angry, and be happy for a change.

But the history of the USCIS over these past several months shows that such a thing is not likely to happen. Chances are that I will have to wage war with them to get what Elena and I are entitled to.

Yes, I know more NOA2s are coming out now. But they are not coming out fast enough, and I see nothing to show me that they will be coming out any faster any time soon. All we have are theories, such as TPS filings are slowing down and work visa season is over. But they are only theories. We do not know how many more of these filings are on the shelf, waiting to clog up the system again.

I, therefore, have no intention of standing down until I get the actual NOA2. Until then, I must be ready to wage war on a moment's notice.

I am sorry if I make anybody uncomfortable, but I cannot compromise my first responsibility to secure the NOA2 in the shortest possible amount of time, no matter what collateral damage I cause.

Thank you for your understanding.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Andy & Kayla is right! And so is Ameribrit! Both service centers are approving more since we started the new year that they did these 4 months since we filed. Seriously, it's a good sign and if they're focusing on K-1 petitions again, now that the TPS are almost over, I think we could receive it when we reach our 5 months mark or a week or two after that. It's still acceptable. I want to be wrong and want them to work on us faster. Maybe if they focus on us like they did with TPSs, we could receive our NOA2s sooner than expected. :thumbs:

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello my loved ones,

I have to be honest with you guys... When i posted my Spirit Msg 2 or 3 pages earlier, i was hoping for some more enthusiasm of all of you fellowers of this Journey..

I understand all of us are stressed and depressed and this bureacratic bullcrap is gettin to us but :

WE ARE ALL GONNA GET MARRIED in 2011 to our LOVED ONES for THE REST OF OUR LIVES. The Wait we endure now, can never ruin what is coming ahead : a wonderful and joyful life with our husband/wife.

Even me knowing I probably wont get married in my April Wedding =/ I stay enthusiastic you kno why : I AM STILL GONNA GET MARRIED and no one can take that away from me.

You should stop looking so much on the NR of Approvals per day. Truth is, we will never be able to track exact amount since it is not only this website that sends in Applications. Lookin at the numbers is just gonna drive you insane. Spend you waiting time with more useful things, plan your wedding,even if you have a "big" one in 2012, trust me wedding planning is nerve wracking ( BUT MORE FUN THAN THIS),and you will always be glad about having just even 1 more day to have it planned out,write checklists for the big Move over the Pond, look around for jobs/colleges in your new AREA where you gonna live, so you are prepared. If you need financial aid to attend a college, inform yourself if you will need credit evaluation from your school from homecountry. so much to do to be all set for our new life :)

Im not trying to be ignorant, but you have to look at the bright side,amd also just LIVE meanwhile this bullcrap ..:)

xoxo

Edited by *Yankee Love*

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Finally a voice of reason :P

It is one big ball of misery and depression to be separated with no definite unification date. Absolutely.

However, it is even more miserable if you don't make an attempt to spin it on a positive note.

For example, although I don't know when my wedding will actually take place, i have spent weeks looking at fabrics, color combinations, venues, food, music, dresses....you name it! I have lists going so that when we get the go ahead, I can quickly obtain everything I need at the lowest possible price because I have researched it all.

This separation is also giving me time to adjust to a new job and try and get several things in order financially so that I can support Ali.

Is it ideal? No. Do I hate it? Yes. But if you can't look at the glass as half full you are going to be in no shape to handle the stress that the interview brings with it.

We have every right to feel slighted and ignored, but it's not healthy or helpful for us to maintain a level of pissyness (word?)

Positive thinking goes a long way! :D

Anna & Ali

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

NOA1-Sept 21, 2010

NOA2-March 14, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello my loved ones,

I have to be honest with you guys... When i posted my Spirit Msg 2 or 3 pages earlier, i was hoping for some more enthusiasm of all of you fellowers of this Journey..

I understand all of us are stressed and depressed and this bureacratic bullcrap is gettin to us but :

WE ARE ALL GONNA GET MARRIED in 2011 to our LOVED ONES for THE REST OF OUR LIVES. The Wait we endure now, can never ruin what is coming ahead : a wonderful and joyful life with our husband/wife.

Even me knowing I probably wont get married in my April Wedding =/ I stay enthusiastic you kno why : I AM STILL GONNA GET MARRIED and no one can take that away from me.

You should stop looking so much on the NR of Approvals per day. Truth is, we will never be able to track exact amount since it is not only this website that sends in Applications. Lookin at the numbers is just gonna drive you insane. Spend you waiting time with more useful things, plan your wedding,even if you have a "big" one in 2012, trust me wedding planning is nerve wracking ( BUT MORE FUN THAN THIS),and you will always be glad about having just even 1 more day to have it planned out,write checklists for the big Move over the Pond, look around for jobs/colleges in your new AREA where you gonna live, so you are prepared. If you need financial aid to attend a college, inform yourself if you will need credit evaluation from your school from homecountry. so much to do to be all set for our new life :)

Im not trying to be ignorant, but you have to look at the bright side,amd also just LIVE meanwhile this bullcrap ..:)

xoxo

Couldn't agree more!!!

Finally a voice of reason :P

It is one big ball of misery and depression to be separated with no definite unification date. Absolutely.

However, it is even more miserable if you don't make an attempt to spin it on a positive note.

For example, although I don't know when my wedding will actually take place, i have spent weeks looking at fabrics, color combinations, venues, food, music, dresses....you name it! I have lists going so that when we get the go ahead, I can quickly obtain everything I need at the lowest possible price because I have researched it all.

This separation is also giving me time to adjust to a new job and try and get several things in order financially so that I can support Ali.

Is it ideal? No. Do I hate it? Yes. But if you can't look at the glass as half full you are going to be in no shape to handle the stress that the interview brings with it.

We have every right to feel slighted and ignored, but it's not healthy or helpful for us to maintain a level of pissyness (word?)

Positive thinking goes a long way! :D

Hats off to you, lady! :thumbs:

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Timeline

And btw i miss you guys posting..it has been so quiet here =/

09-13-10 got engaged <3

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
And btw i miss you guys posting..it has been so quiet here =/

:lol:

dont you worry dear, you all will hear loads of moaning from me once i get back home - leaving my loved one tommorow *tear* ... :blush:

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

aww, im sorry to hear you are leaving tomorrow.

i really can't stand to do that anymore. For some reason i was stronger when i left this time. partly because we were in an airport and he begged me not to make the security guards wonder why i was crying so hard, and partly because i think i have an incredible amount of faith that i will see him soon. After not seeing him for 14 months straight, four or five didn't seem too, too awful.

keep busy and hopefully our noa2s will be flying off the shelves soon!

Anna & Ali

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

NOA1-Sept 21, 2010

NOA2-March 14, 2010

Timeline

Yea I always feel embaressed,cuz everytime I leave I seem like the only person in the whole Line Crying her eyeballs out..Never seen anyone else cry so bad besides me Oo..totally weird...

People from August got their Approvals..some of them like 3 already ..so u know whats after August..all of you.cuz supposably i guess though i filed in september my noa is october. so lets see i think all of you are in front of me :)

09-13-10 got engaged <3

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

OMG Yankee Love, believe me--I've been THAT girl at the airport, so hysterical, I could barely hand my passport to the ticket agent. It's so horrible to say goodbye to my other half. The things that have always helped us, and I've been passing along this advice to my friends who are about to be in a long distance relationship, that we don't talk about the fact that one of us is leaving in 3 weeks or 10 days or hwatever it is, we don't talk about it at all until an hour before we leave for the airport bc we cannot waste time being upset and we like to use every second to have fun and not stress out. I remember the first time we had to be apart..when he left the States for the first time, after we met and fell in love and were together for 6 months, I was so hysterical and I couldn't get out of bed for a month then, I was just so depressed. So it's definitely gotten better that we're so beyond that now and although its still so upsetting, and I cry like crazy at the airport (and if my love lets his guard down for a second, you can bet his tears start flowing right along with me). One time, I was crying so badly and really really didn't want to leave yet and I was crying and waving and blowing kisses after I passed through security already (this was in Zagreb) and it's a small airport so there are just little barrier fences separating the security check so I ran back out after passing through security to give him one last kiss and security freaked out because they thought Tomislav was trying to give me something to take on the plane.

Anyway! Cheers to VSC moving again!

9/21/10--I-129F mailed to Dallas

9/29/10--NOA1 (email and text message)

9/29/10--Check cashed

10/1/10--NOA1 hardcopy received (dated 9/27 and sent to VSC)

10/3/10--Touched (everyone touched)

10/4/10--Touched!

04/19/11-NOA2!! (FINALLY! After 204 days)

Major change of plans - the wait was too long for us and I ended up moving to Croatia in June 2011.

Married 06/09/12 <3

9/3/12 - I-130 NOA1

Check out my blog about long distance love, expat life, cooking, healthy living... http://dreamofhometonight.blogspot.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

OMG Yankee Love, believe me--I've been THAT girl at the airport, so hysterical, I could barely hand my passport to the ticket agent.

Oh, Nikki, I am crying just from reading your post. I'll be THAT girl in two weeks. I'm flying out on Thursday to meet my other half...for 9 days, and than I need to be back in the states. Last time was the first week of October. So excited we can be together after three months apart...and yes, you're right, one should NEVER think about the trip back before the morning of the return flight.

Hope this damn character-building exercise will be over for all of us soon!

09-20-10 NOA1

04-06-11 NOA2

04-12-11 Received in NVC

04-14-11 Left NVC

04-25-11 I emailed the embassy

04-27-11 Embassy responded with interview date (06-23-11)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.