Andy and Kayla

September 2010 K1 Filers

1,456 posts in this topic

I think this whole wait is actually somewhat logical. First of all there is this whole issue with the Haiti TPS visas. Then we have the VSC as our processing center which is faster than CSC. Therefore most of the Haiti stuff gets dumped on VSC to even out delays between CSC and VSC. If they gave more to CSC, CSC would be worse than it already is. I guess, since the Haiti visas are a temporary blip with a deadline in January, and they also may be life and death situations, they get the priority.

Of course looking at this in a "logical" way may not help our feelings, I thought I would just share my thoughts anyways.

That isn't true. VSC and CSC have always alternated with regards to who was ahead in processing time. This time last year, VSC was plowing ahead and CSC was slowed down, but towards the end of last year it flipped and VSC screeched to a halt while CSC was cranking out NOA2s every single day and then earlier this year, CSC came to a stand still while VSC was hitting <60 days. *shrug* Now CSC is catching up again while VSC has lags way behind, and that's just within the last year. It's bad workload distribution all around.

Haiti is not the first nation offered TPS.I'm so sorry that I'm in your way but, If russia or any other nation got affected by a major natural disaster or something... they too would be offered the TPS and all of you would open your arms to take it. Being insensitive is not really going to help, it just shows how HUMAN some of us are. By the way, do you really think that the uscis wasn't gonna have a different excuse if it was not the TPS?

I don't think anyone is upset because the petitions are for Haiti; that's just the country for which the TPS is currently for. I strongly disagree that if the TPS workload were for any other country people would be more okay with it. The issue isn't who the petitions are for.

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

That isn't true. VSC and CSC have always alternated with regards to who was ahead in processing time. This time last year, VSC was plowing ahead and CSC was slowed down, but towards the end of last year it flipped and VSC screeched to a halt while CSC was cranking out NOA2s every single day and then earlier this year, CSC came to a stand still while VSC was hitting <60 days. *shrug* Now CSC is catching up again while VSC has lags way behind, and that's just within the last year. It's bad workload distribution all around.

I don't think anyone is upset because the petitions are for Haiti; that's just the country for which the TPS is currently for. I strongly disagree that if the TPS workload were for any other country people would be more okay with it. The issue isn't who the petitions are for.

I understand what you are saying, but right now CSC and VSC really are not much different because VSC has the main load of the TPS Visas. Yes it is bad workload distribution, but the fact is that the majority of the TPS visas were given to VSC and this is probably because they had less workload than CSC. Therefore they tried to balance it out.

Agreed. Nothing against Haiti. The issue is how the government is choosing to distribute their workload and how they prioritize what they have to do.

Edited by thaiv

9/9/10: I-129F Sent

9/15/10: Received NOA1 via text/email from USCIS

9/16/10: Received NOA1 in mail (dated 9/13/10)

9/20/10: Touched!

10/03/10: Touched to the dusty shelves!

2/28/11: NOA2 finally

3/04/11: Arrived at NVC

3/08/11: Left NVC and arrived at CDJ consulate

4/04/11: Packet 3 sent

4/13/11: Packet 3 received!

4/18/11: Medical Exam

4/19/11: ASC

4/20/11: Interview (Approved!)

4/29/11: K-1 Visa in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/30/11: Entered USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
:crying: ahhhhhhhhhhhhh This month needs to be over already! Im trying to hold on.. :ranting:

09/07/2010~~~I-129F Sent

09/16/2010~~~I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy

10/03/2010~~~Touched

02/23/2011~~~I-129F NOA2 [approved in 160 days]

02/28/2011~~~NOA2 Hard Copy

02/28/2011~~~NVC received

03/01/2011~~~NVC Sent

03/16/2011~~~Emailed Embassy (Replied back with the interview date/packet 3)

03/24/2011~~~Medical Exam

04/11/2011~~~INTERVIEW - Approved ^_^

06/14/2011~~~VISA RECEIVED!!! =D

07/29/2011~~~POE

10/11/2011~~~AOS & EAD Filed

10/14/2011~~~Check Cashed

10/18/2011~~~NOA1 Hard Copy

10/21/2011~~~Received Biometrics Appointment Notice for 11/07/2011

10/27/2011~~~Touched (Case transferred to CSC)

11/02/2011~~~Completed Biometrics

12/06/2011~~~EAD card production ordered

12/07/2011~~~Post Decision Activity Update (EAD mailed 12/7/11)

12/09/2011~~~Received AOS Interview Notice(by email) for 1/11/2012

12/12/2011~~~EAD Received (=

01/11/2012~~~INTERVIEW__Requested for evidence(sent)

02/22/2012~~~Notice Received [APPROVED]

02/27/2012~~~GC production ordered

02/28/2012~~~GC Mailed

03/01/2012~~~Green Card Finally RECEIVED!!!! =D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

First of all you are not in my way. The issue isn't the country Haiti or any other country. Actually I am happy the US is making an effort to help so many affected people there in Haiti.

Also the VSC was processing visas at a pretty good pace until this TPS thing came up. Just read posts about how VSC is going over 5 months. This is not like the VSC. The issue is not being insensitive or not being human, but remember we US citizens are human too! And by the way we are the citizens here and as such should have some priority or at least some sort of balance in this rather than a complete discard of our visas. This is simply ridiculous.

Just please remember its nothing against Haiti. I am not blaming Haiti for anything, but I am blaming my own government for not setting their priorities straight. I am an American citizen, my dad is a veteran, I pay taxes faithfully and work and contribute to my society. Why should my fiancee's visa be cast aside for some foreigners' visas? Then again I am not saying they should not work on Haiti's visas. They should, but they also SHOULD NOT simply cast aside our visas. Its a hard situation....

My reply was really for the last two guys (Russia & Modolva).

My reply was really for the last two guys (Russia & Modolva).

I re-read the posts in question and while parts may have come across more harshly than I would have put it, I still don't think it's an anti-Haiti thing. The second poster specified that all other countries should come after the rights of any government body's citizens.

I'm sorry that you felt the need to be defensive, and I understand as someone who is either from Haiti or in love with someone from Haiti (not totally sure who is posting on the account) that those are natural feelings, but the message the posters were trying to get across wasn't one of hatred towards Haiti, but that the I-129f petitions are filed by of citizens of the United States (who are taxpayers and who do elect their government) and as such, those petitions should carry some level of important in processing.

I'm all for countries helping out other countries in need and I think what happened in Haiti is very tragic. That being said, whether or not you agree with extending the petitions (which is a can of worms I'd rather not open) in the first place, those petitions should not be shoved to the front of the heap so they can be processed in due time while citizens have already been waiting around for months. These petitions affect the lives of the citizens, too, and while I can understand waiting a few extra weeks for something like a TPS petitions, I agree that it's horribly unfair to push everyone into 5+ months' processing times regardless of which country TPS petitions are for. It isn't like if the service centers balanced the TPS petitions with the workload they already had so that EVERYTHING could have been effectively worked on, the TPS filers who hadn't been approved yet would be hunted down and deported. :no:

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

K1 Journey

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 20, 2011 - POE

AOS Journey

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

Removal of Conitions

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

I re-read the posts in question and while parts may have come across more harshly than I would have put it, I still don't think it's an anti-Haiti thing. The second poster specified that all other countries should come after the rights of any government body's citizens.

I'm sorry that you felt the need to be defensive, and I understand as someone who is either from Haiti or in love with someone from Haiti (not totally sure who is posting on the account) that those are natural feelings, but the message the posters were trying to get across wasn't one of hatred towards Haiti, but that the I-129f petitions are filed by of citizens of the United States (who are taxpayers and who do elect their government) and as such, those petitions should carry some level of important in processing.

I'm all for countries helping out other countries in need and I think what happened in Haiti is very tragic. That being said, whether or not you agree with extending the petitions (which is a can of worms I'd rather not open) in the first place, those petitions should not be shoved to the front of the heap so they can be processed in due time while citizens have already been waiting around for months. These petitions affect the lives of the citizens, too, and while I can understand waiting a few extra weeks for something like a TPS petitions, I agree that it's horribly unfair to push everyone into 5+ months' processing times regardless of which country TPS petitions are for. It isn't like if the service centers balanced the TPS petitions with the workload they already had so that EVERYTHING could have been effectively worked on, the TPS filers who hadn't been approved yet would be hunted down and deported. :no:

Yes, and we hope the best for all those affected in Haiti and those that are currently in the US. Its just, we want our loved ones here with us too....

9/9/10: I-129F Sent

9/15/10: Received NOA1 via text/email from USCIS

9/16/10: Received NOA1 in mail (dated 9/13/10)

9/20/10: Touched!

10/03/10: Touched to the dusty shelves!

2/28/11: NOA2 finally

3/04/11: Arrived at NVC

3/08/11: Left NVC and arrived at CDJ consulate

4/04/11: Packet 3 sent

4/13/11: Packet 3 received!

4/18/11: Medical Exam

4/19/11: ASC

4/20/11: Interview (Approved!)

4/29/11: K-1 Visa in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/30/11: Entered USA

Timeline

Hey Andy it's cool! I understand the frustration out there ! Remember what I posted earlier about the USCIS being unpredictable? Well, I researched all the way back to 2003 on USCIC dealing with the k1 visa. Nothing that we are going through today is new at all, many others went through worse... some 180 days without RFE. According to their history VSC happens to be very aggressive in processing files. Infact, extra workloads get dumped on VSC due to their ability to get the job done fast. Like I said, things could be going smooth for months, then BOOM! changes occur! So, wether it's TPS or BS, we the filers often get screwed in the system. Based on my findings, VSC is the Finest among all the other SCs. Other than CSC which seems okay, the rest of them must be where they send all the rookies! they move like snails. Let's keep our hopes up and hopefully VSC will get these TPS cases by the end of the year. If anyone out there reached their 5 month, call your Senator and be proactive.

Hey Andy it's cool! I understand the frustration out there ! Remember what I posted earlier about the USCIS being unpredictable? Well, I researched all the way back to 2003 on USCIC dealing with the k1 visa. Nothing that we are going through today is new at all, many others went through worse... some 180 days without RFE. According to their history VSC happens to be very aggressive in processing files. Infact, extra workloads get dumped on VSC due to their ability to get the job done fast. Like I said, things could be going smooth for months, then BOOM! changes occur! So, wether it's TPS or BS, we the filers often get screwed in the system. Based on my findings, VSC is the Finest among all the other SCs. Other than CSC which seems okay, the rest of them must be where they send all the rookies! they move like snails. Let's keep our hopes up and hopefully VSC will get these TPS cases by the end of the year. If anyone out there reached their 5 month, call your Senator and be proactive.

This is actually Kayla posting ;) but I appreciate the reply.

I just wanted to make sure that it was clear what the frustration was about. :)

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

K1 Journey

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 20, 2011 - POE

AOS Journey

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

Removal of Conitions

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

i just got home,all bymyself =/ gonna have to play the waiting game myself now..

still dont realize i wont fall asleep next to my baby

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree that this has nothing to do with discrimination. Instead it has everything to do with a very reasonable expectation by Americans that our government will attend to us first before attending to any foreigners.

If American citizens were to get priority over Haitian citizens from the Haitian government, I am sure that Haitians would have a lot to complain about, and they would be right. After all, the Haitian government works for Haitian citizens and not for American citizens.

So why should it be different when the situation is reversed?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I agree with you all here... I got no words to describe this phase we're in. I really hope things change starting from Januaray... REALLY hope. :innocent:

Edited by Ella & Octav

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

3 months for me today,, to be honest im now more afraid that it will take more than '5 months frame'. :huh: other than that its still fine, as long as we get it before Feb and time keeps flying. :yes:

have a good one !

Edited by Milushka

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

just noticed, when someone called USCIS to ask why he is outside 5 months already, they told him to wait more cause they are working on July 10 as of now. :wacko:

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

I agree that this has nothing to do with discrimination. Instead it has everything to do with a very reasonable expectation by Americans that our government will attend to us first before attending to any foreigners.

If American citizens were to get priority over Haitian citizens from the Haitian government, I am sure that Haitians would have a lot to complain about, and they would be right. After all, the Haitian government works for Haitian citizens and not for American citizens.

So why should it be different when the situation is reversed?

Great point! now why don't we help each other investigate some to find out how Vermont is doing with this big pile of TPS? So far, the records are showing that VSC can handle the volume that was given to them. Now if only we could find out their updated progress. Let's not underestimate a Service Center that covers New York and Florida the big dog immigrant states.These guys are the best! Let's keep hope alive!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Great point! now why don't we help each other investigate some to find out how Vermont is doing with this big pile of TPS? So far, the records are showing that VSC can handle the volume that was given to them. Now if only we could find out their updated progress. Let's not underestimate a Service Center that covers New York and Florida the big dog immigrant states.These guys are the best! Let's keep hope alive!!!

There is this thing called the Freedom of Information Act. I don't know that much about how to use it. Does somebody know what to ask and who to ask it from>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.