Andy and Kayla

September 2010 K1 Filers

1,456 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Thanks for the research. I was actually thinking about looking this up tonight, but you have done the hard work for me. :thumbs:

Yeah, common sense and USCIS don't seem to go together. :bonk: Unfortunately we have 3 years of dealing with these people, just wish i could get past the first stage already.

Yeah... what a mess. :bonk: It would be so much easier if we could be there with our loved ones and then complete the rest of the USCIS journey. :(

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Did a little research for you Sept. Filers

Case loads regarding TPS visas from time of extended filing period (announced July 2010) til September 2010:

CSC: http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=21&office=2&charttype=1 10,478 TPS Visas Filed

NSC: http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=21&office=4&charttype=1 2127 TPS Visas Filed

TSC: http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=21&office=5&charttype=1 2 TPS Visas Filed

VSC: http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=21&office=6&charttype=1 309,302 TPS Visas Filed

Now, they have 4 service centers capable of all doing the same types of visas, yet they let 1 center get bombarded with literally 30x the amount of visas than all the others. Instead of spreading them out, which would be more efficient, they let one center get bogged down in a ####### load and affect all of the others operations going on in that service center.

This is just another example of how government run 'things' are run by the inept.

If they would divid them up evenly, each center would get around 80,500 TPS visas. VSC alone pumped out 70,000 complete in August and 84,760 complete in September. These would be done by now if common sense and ability to balance work loads was in practice by USCIS.

Well, since both CSC and VSC have the same " five months goal" Let's hope someone start thinking with their head instead of their toes!!! Otherwise I don't see how this is going to work.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Oh man thanks for doing that research. That is really discouraging to see the numbers black and white like that. Ella I think I need some of that optimism right about now...yikes.

9/21/10--I-129F mailed to Dallas

9/29/10--NOA1 (email and text message)

9/29/10--Check cashed

10/1/10--NOA1 hardcopy received (dated 9/27 and sent to VSC)

10/3/10--Touched (everyone touched)

10/4/10--Touched!

04/19/11-NOA2!! (FINALLY! After 204 days)

Major change of plans - the wait was too long for us and I ended up moving to Croatia in June 2011.

Married 06/09/12 <3

9/3/12 - I-130 NOA1

Check out my blog about long distance love, expat life, cooking, healthy living... http://dreamofhometonight.blogspot.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Actually--I'm back on the optimism train. These last couple of weeks have been so insanely stressful it almost caused me to forget the most wonderful news of all, my love is coming here tomorrow to spend 2 weeks here for Christmas :D Keep your fingers crossed for a smooth journey and POE! I'll let you know how everything goes :)

9/21/10--I-129F mailed to Dallas

9/29/10--NOA1 (email and text message)

9/29/10--Check cashed

10/1/10--NOA1 hardcopy received (dated 9/27 and sent to VSC)

10/3/10--Touched (everyone touched)

10/4/10--Touched!

04/19/11-NOA2!! (FINALLY! After 204 days)

Major change of plans - the wait was too long for us and I ended up moving to Croatia in June 2011.

Married 06/09/12 <3

9/3/12 - I-130 NOA1

Check out my blog about long distance love, expat life, cooking, healthy living... http://dreamofhometonight.blogspot.com

Actually--I'm back on the optimism train. These last couple of weeks have been so insanely stressful it almost caused me to forget the most wonderful news of all, my love is coming here tomorrow to spend 2 weeks here for Christmas :D Keep your fingers crossed for a smooth journey and POE! I'll let you know how everything goes :)

Have a safe journey, and wonderful Christmas together :thumbs:

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Oh, God... 3 months since NOA1. Ameribrit, you and me both. This sucks, but maybe January will bring us the good news.

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Oh, God... 3 months since NOA1. Ameribrit, you and me both. This sucks, but maybe January will bring us the good news.

It sure does suck!....... We still have alot of December to go yet, but the more stories i see of couples waiting the full 5 months for their NOA2, the more dissheartened i get.

I know that i will be with my sweetheart eventually. And looking forward to our future together is what keeps me sane, whilst we wait.

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

I think this whole wait is actually somewhat logical. First of all there is this whole issue with the Haiti TPS visas. Then we have the VSC as our processing center which is faster than CSC. Therefore most of the Haiti stuff gets dumped on VSC to even out delays between CSC and VSC. If they gave more to CSC, CSC would be worse than it already is. I guess, since the Haiti visas are a temporary blip with a deadline in January, and they also may be life and death situations, they get the priority.

Of course looking at this in a "logical" way may not help our feelings, I thought I would just share my thoughts anyways.

9/9/10: I-129F Sent

9/15/10: Received NOA1 via text/email from USCIS

9/16/10: Received NOA1 in mail (dated 9/13/10)

9/20/10: Touched!

10/03/10: Touched to the dusty shelves!

2/28/11: NOA2 finally

3/04/11: Arrived at NVC

3/08/11: Left NVC and arrived at CDJ consulate

4/04/11: Packet 3 sent

4/13/11: Packet 3 received!

4/18/11: Medical Exam

4/19/11: ASC

4/20/11: Interview (Approved!)

4/29/11: K-1 Visa in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/30/11: Entered USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I think this whole wait is actually somewhat logical. First of all there is this whole issue with the Haiti TPS visas. Then we have the VSC as our processing center which is faster than CSC. Therefore most of the Haiti stuff gets dumped on VSC to even out delays between CSC and VSC. If they gave more to CSC, CSC would be worse than it already is. I guess, since the Haiti visas are a temporary blip with a deadline in January, and they also may be life and death situations, they get the priority.

Of course looking at this in a "logical" way may not help our feelings, I thought I would just share my thoughts anyways.

I don't like that the level of importance is judged by the Government. My petition is just as important. I care less about Haiti or what they are going through. Sorry, but that is how I feel.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't like that the level of importance is judged by the Government. My petition is just as important. I care less about Haiti or what they are going through. Sorry, but that is how I feel.

Don't feel sorry for asserting your rights an an American citizen. WE elect the government. WE pay the taxes. America should take care of Americans first. Haitians and all other foreigners need to wait on line behind us.

This is the way I feel, and I don't feel sorry for it. Instead, I feel outrage that OUR government is cramming it down our throats the other way around.

Like I said, I was just offering a logical explanation. Now for how I actually feel...

I COMPLETELY agree with you and what the next person said. WE are the American citizens here. Shouldn't we have priority? Aren't our visas "humanitarian" in a sense? They are dealing with feelings, families, and futures of AMERICAN citizens and they toss our papers aside? What is that? Once again good call US! Good call! Not quite as good as keeping your consulate for Mexico in the most violent city in the world, but almost...you are getting there! Idiots.

(BTW we should have a rant thread on this forum to vent it all out.)

Edited by thaiv

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Like I said, I was just offering a logical explanation. Now for how I actually feel...

I COMPLETELY agree with you and what the next person said. WE are the American citizens here. Shouldn't we have priority? Aren't our visas "humanitarian" in a sense? They are dealing with feelings, families, and futures of AMERICAN citizens and they toss our papers aside? What is that? Once again good call US! Good call! Not quite as good as keeping your consulate for Mexico in the most violent city in the world, but almost...you are getting there! Idiots.

(BTW we should have a rant thread on this forum to vent it all out.)

Haiti is not the first nation offered TPS.I'm so sorry that I'm in your way but, If russia or any other nation got affected by a major natural disaster or something... they too would be offered the TPS and all of you would open your arms to take it. Being insensitive is not really going to help, it just shows how HUMAN some of us are. By the way, do you really think that the uscis wasn't gonna have a different excuse if it was not the TPS?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

:whistle:

'5 months up' threads are popping out from VCS filers - thts just scary.....

Edited by Milushka

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Haiti is not the first nation offered TPS.I'm so sorry that I'm in your way but, If russia or any other nation got affected by a major natural disaster or something... they too would be offered the TPS and all of you would open your arms to take it. Being insensitive is not really going to help, it just shows how HUMAN some of us are. By the way, do you really think that the uscis wasn't gonna have a different excuse if it was not the TPS?

First of all you are not in my way. The issue isn't the country Haiti or any other country. Actually I am happy the US is making an effort to help so many affected people there in Haiti.

Also the VSC was processing visas at a pretty good pace until this TPS thing came up. Just read posts about how VSC is going over 5 months. This is not like the VSC. The issue is not being insensitive or not being human, but remember we US citizens are human too! And by the way we are the citizens here and as such should have some priority or at least some sort of balance in this rather than a complete discard of our visas. This is simply ridiculous.

Just please remember its nothing against Haiti. I am not blaming Haiti for anything, but I am blaming my own government for not setting their priorities straight. I am an American citizen, my dad is a veteran, I pay taxes faithfully and work and contribute to my society. Why should my fiancee's visa be cast aside for some foreigners' visas? Then again I am not saying they should not work on Haiti's visas. They should, but they also SHOULD NOT simply cast aside our visas. Its a hard situation....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Half of my FAMILY cant come =/ if the whole thing is taking me sooo long,.. June is my push back date for my vendors and venues

but i dont want that

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.