Andy and Kayla

September 2010 K1 Filers

1,456 posts in this topic

we bounced it back and forth for awhile not sure what we should do...but i think a visit will help keep our minds busy... plus kids are only young for alil while so every holiday is important...we arent telling them its going to be a major suprise!! weve planned a 4 week visit...he plans to go back jan. 23rd and if he had to rush back that would be a good thing right?... i dont predict the approval till feb or march reallly... all 3 centers would have to increase productivity greatly!! ... he can sneek you in his suit case if ya like ;) ...this wait is a killer...

That will be a wonderful Christmas surprise for the kids, and something for you and Nigel to look forward to. Petition approval shouldn't be too far away from the VJ predicted date, it has been historically pretty accurate. And if it got into the 5 month mark in february, then you could get on to your congress person to inquire about it. Don't think it will go that far though.

Just make sure that Nigel takes a copy of his NOA1, and be able to show any ties back in the U.K. just incase he is asked for it at POE

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

That will be a wonderful Christmas surprise for the kids, and something for you and Nigel to look forward to. Petition approval shouldn't be too far away from the VJ predicted date, it has been historically pretty accurate. And if it got into the 5 month mark in february, then you could get on to your congress person to inquire about it. Don't think it will go that far though.

Just make sure that Nigel takes a copy of his NOA1, and be able to show any ties back in the U.K. just incase he is asked for it at POE

I have read where some had issues at poe... thats just silly.. why would a coulple go thru the hassle and expense of filing a K1 visa if that wasnt the route they intended to take? I think some of those guys just like to be buttholes lol... ty for the noa1 reminder... do u think he needs the original or will a copy be all he needs? he will get an employer lettter saying hes due back and a letter from his parents saying they plan to pick him up from the airport etc... he already sold his house so there is not a lot of solid ties other than employment , his personal property.. ..2 cars that he still needs to sell..and he has never overstayed on prior visits.. I hope thats enough :( .... poe is usually houtson...this time it is newark...we picked the cheaper one of the two... all we can do is try...should be obvious its for the holidays ....ok now im talking my self in to worrying about poe...lol it will be finnnne :thumbs: .......... and just to see if your thinking the same as i am on the noa2.... we should get that in Dec..then a week or two in nvc...then to London sooo it might make it to the embassy the end of dec first of jan...but will slow down due to holidays..time off..snow etc lol... im thinking for an interview.. end of Jan first of Feb ... I think most likely Feb..Then hopefully he will make the move in March... those are my new revised thoughts haha when we decided to file k1 in sept I had plans he would be living here by the end of dec..and had picked 1-1-11 for the date we were going to get married I was wayyyy wrong lol...

July 24,2010- Nigel proposed!!

September 1, 2010- posted the k-1 (lewisville address)

September 3, 2010 - forwarded to dallas

September 6, 2010- recieved in dallas

September 7, 2010 - forwarded to vermont service center

September 8, 2010- offical date of NOA1

September 9, 2010- text and email alerts 2:30 a.m.!!! but worth being woke up to

September 10, 2010 check cashed

October 3, 2010- joined VJ going bonkers waiting....

March 4, 2011 NOA2 after a long 177 days waiting ( no text email or onliine update.. still says in review)

March 10, 2011 NVC received and issued LND#

March 12, 2011 NOA2 hard copy received

March 17, 2011 we are at London.. packet 3 sent out

March 18, 2011 packet 3 sent back to London

March 22,2011 MRV-paid

April 1, 2011 Medical

April 15, 2011 Interview- Approved! orignal interview date May 13 requested to move forward received less than a days notice.

See timeline for Aos details....

I have read where some had issues at poe... thats just silly.. why would a coulple go thru the hassle and expense of filing a K1 visa if that wasnt the route they intended to take? I think some of those guys just like to be buttholes lol... ty for the noa1 reminder... do u think he needs the original or will a copy be all he needs? he will get an employer lettter saying hes due back and a letter from his parents saying they plan to pick him up from the airport etc... he already sold his house so there is not a lot of solid ties other than employment , his personal property.. ..2 cars that he still needs to sell..and he has never overstayed on prior visits.. I hope thats enough :( .... poe is usually houtson...this time it is newark...we picked the cheaper one of the two... all we can do is try...should be obvious its for the holidays ....ok now im talking my self in to worrying about poe...lol it will be finnnne :thumbs: .......... and just to see if your thinking the same as i am on the noa2.... we should get that in Dec..then a week or two in nvc...then to London sooo it might make it to the embassy the end of dec first of jan...but will slow down due to holidays..time off..snow etc lol... im thinking for an interview.. end of Jan first of Feb ... I think most likely Feb..Then hopefully he will make the move in March... those are my new revised thoughts haha when we decided to file k1 in sept I had plans he would be living here by the end of dec..and had picked 1-1-11 for the date we were going to get married I was wayyyy wrong lol...

I know. I am sure that some of these CBP officers are on a power trip. All evidence that he will bring seems good to me. it will be holiday season so the airports will be rammed, and they just want to get people moving through as quickly as is possible. So as long as he is prepared, and answers any questions honestly, then all will be fine.

As far as processing goes. As soon as the petition is approved it goes to NVC. They are usually out of NVC in a week. From here on out you can track your case through DOS.

As soon as Nigel has his LDN # which is assigned by NVC ( You can call NVC for this) Nigel can book his medical at Knightsbridge. When your case gets to the London consulate, they have to enter it into their system. This will then generate a letter to be sent out to Nigel, commonly called Packet3. This is essentially weblinks to forms that he has to fill out. These can be filled out anytime you like, but i wouldn't do the one which generates a barcode until he actually knows the packet 3 letter is on its way. And you cannot send the packet three forms to the consulate until you have been instructed to do so. Confused yet?

Okay, when the consulate has received packet 3 from Nigel, and entered it into their system, only then can they send out packet 4. This is the letter with his interview date and instructions on what he needs to bring on the day. So long as NIgel gets the packet3 forms back to the consulate in a timely manner, then the time from NVC to interview, for London, is about 2 and a half to 3 months.

So if you get NOA2 mid to late december, expect the interview mid to late march.

There is a little ways to go yet.

Crystal and I thought the same as you, that i could be over before the end of the year. Primarily because we had just seen a NOA2 approval of 19 days. But that was just a very lucky one.

2 Months waiting, next week. Lets hope we get our NOA2 soon :thumbs:

ROC Timeline

2gsxvmz.png

I know. I am sure that some of these CBP officers are on a power trip. All evidence that he will bring seems good to me. it will be holiday season so the airports will be rammed, and they just want to get people moving through as quickly as is possible. So as long as he is prepared, and answers any questions honestly, then all will be fine.

As far as processing goes. As soon as the petition is approved it goes to NVC. They are usually out of NVC in a week. From here on out you can track your case through DOS.

As soon as Nigel has his LDN # which is assigned by NVC ( You can call NVC for this) Nigel can book his medical at Knightsbridge. When your case gets to the London consulate, they have to enter it into their system. This will then generate a letter to be sent out to Nigel, commonly called Packet3. This is essentially weblinks to forms that he has to fill out. These can be filled out anytime you like, but i wouldn't do the one which generates a barcode until he actually knows the packet 3 letter is on its way. And you cannot send the packet three forms to the consulate until you have been instructed to do so. Confused yet?

Okay, when the consulate has received packet 3 from Nigel, and entered it into their system, only then can they send out packet 4. This is the letter with his interview date and instructions on what he needs to bring on the day. So long as NIgel gets the packet3 forms back to the consulate in a timely manner, then the time from NVC to interview, for London, is about 2 and a half to 3 months.

So if you get NOA2 mid to late december, expect the interview mid to late march.

There is a little ways to go yet.

Crystal and I thought the same as you, that i could be over before the end of the year. Primarily because we had just seen a NOA2 approval of 19 days. But that was just a very lucky one.

2 Months waiting, next week. Lets hope we get our NOA2 soon :thumbs:

yes sir!! im confussed luckly I did my part and Nigel gets all the fun stuff lol...there is also the medical... he as already started his vaccines so hopefully all those will be complete and the only thing we are waiting on is the :thumbs: it is what is is though all we can do is wait.. i have only seen one August noa2 so far.. looks like we have another month before noa2 sigh....

July 24,2010- Nigel proposed!!

September 1, 2010- posted the k-1 (lewisville address)

September 3, 2010 - forwarded to dallas

September 6, 2010- recieved in dallas

September 7, 2010 - forwarded to vermont service center

September 8, 2010- offical date of NOA1

September 9, 2010- text and email alerts 2:30 a.m.!!! but worth being woke up to

September 10, 2010 check cashed

October 3, 2010- joined VJ going bonkers waiting....

March 4, 2011 NOA2 after a long 177 days waiting ( no text email or onliine update.. still says in review)

March 10, 2011 NVC received and issued LND#

March 12, 2011 NOA2 hard copy received

March 17, 2011 we are at London.. packet 3 sent out

March 18, 2011 packet 3 sent back to London

March 22,2011 MRV-paid

April 1, 2011 Medical

April 15, 2011 Interview- Approved! orignal interview date May 13 requested to move forward received less than a days notice.

See timeline for Aos details....

Question: Regarding the income tax returns. What are the exact forms that we need? W-2 and... what else? I'm still confused though I've been told about this a while ago. I must have forgotten something... Many thanks!

Crystal got the more comprehensive Tax return Transcript, that you can see here http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html for the last 3 years. Each one was about 6 pages long.

You will also need his W2 for the last three years. And all his pay stubs for this financial year to show continued work from the last time he filed taxes.

ROC Timeline

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Crystal got the more comprehensive Tax return Transcript, that you can see here http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html for the last 3 years. Each one was about 6 pages long.

You will also need his W2 for the last three years. And all his pay stubs for this financial year to show continued work from the last time he filed taxes.

Thanks, ameribrit!! I've also talked to a friend that went through the K-1 process and she's now in the USA. She told me that the most recent year was needed for tax returns. Octav is waaaay above the poverty line, so I'm thinking the last 3 years of tax returns would be too much, but either way we're taking them(1040 for the past 3 years), W-2 for 2008 and 2009. Pay stubs. Bank statement. Letter from his employer. I really think it's more than enough, since he makes more than enough to support me financially. I've just looked here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf and here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=b70f8875d714d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

I know I-864 isn't needed for K-1, but for CR-1 and other types of immigrant visas, but the consulate processes the K-1 visa app. as a immigrant visa and applies many things that are required for immigrant visas to K-1, though K-1 still needs the I-134 Form. I've read there and they only ask for the most recent year of tax returns. Also... many of the friends I know that they went through Bucharest told me that they were only asked for the most recent year and that was all. Though of course, they brought 1040 for 3 years, they only needed the most recent one. And a W-2. :star: We're taking all we have anyway. :yes:

As for the processing times, you're very right about the estimated timelines being accurate. I really don't think it will take 5 months to get our noa2. I mean, it's ok, they had a bad period, but I don't think they'll just stay that lazy for the rest of the year. They gotta speed up things. Lol. Me and my optimism. :D

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Yeah, i totally agree. London only asks for the most recent tax return, but like you i just want to be over prepared for interview day

Now all we need is an NOA2. :thumbs: If it comes before Christmas, i will be very happy. If it comes this month, i will be ecstatic :dance:

ROC Timeline

2gsxvmz.png

Timeline

Yeah, i totally agree. London only asks for the most recent tax return, but like you i just want to be over prepared for interview day

Now all we need is an NOA2. :thumbs: If it comes before Christmas, i will be very happy. If it comes this month, i will be ecstatic :dance:

Same here! Let's pray for our NOA2s to come this year!! :luv:

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

One of the ppl i know from online is a June filer and got her online NOA 2 ( GERMANY also) 4 days ago :D

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

One of the ppl i know from online is a June filer and got her online NOA 2 ( GERMANY also) 4 days ago :D

Did she file through Vermont or California? I hope Cali

ROC Timeline

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

ameribrit--I just saw your signature ticker says 1 month, 4 weeks and 1 day...so I guess your 2 month date is tomorrow...almost 2 months down! Nice!

9/21/10--I-129F mailed to Dallas

9/29/10--NOA1 (email and text message)

9/29/10--Check cashed

10/1/10--NOA1 hardcopy received (dated 9/27 and sent to VSC)

10/3/10--Touched (everyone touched)

10/4/10--Touched!

04/19/11-NOA2!! (FINALLY! After 204 days)

Major change of plans - the wait was too long for us and I ended up moving to Croatia in June 2011.

Married 06/09/12 <3

9/3/12 - I-130 NOA1

Check out my blog about long distance love, expat life, cooking, healthy living... http://dreamofhometonight.blogspot.com

ameribrit--I just saw your signature ticker says 1 month, 4 weeks and 1 day...so I guess your 2 month date is tomorrow...almost 2 months down! Nice!

Two months wednesday, the 10th. Hoping it doesn't go to 3, but realistically it probably will. Just want to be with the love of my life, as we all do. :thumbs:

ROC Timeline

2gsxvmz.png

Timeline

Two months wednesday, the 10th. Hoping it doesn't go to 3, but realistically it probably will. Just want to be with the love of my life, as we all do. :thumbs:

Wednesday marks 2 months from NOA1 for us too! :P Already 2 months since we filed. I just want our NOA2 for Christmas or before. :unsure:

2 months down for us too, Nikki. :P

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

We're getting through the wait time slowly but surely. :) In some ways it feels like it's been ages but in other ways it feels like we just sent out packet in. :thumbs:

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi all :) how we doing ? heh yet the only one answer 'waiting'. geezz was reading the thread about CSC putting petitions on 5 month hold and february as a month for sept noa2. so discouraging :( still hope things will go fast enough. I ve been busy myself these days, gathering docs for tourist visa to australia to b with my fiance for winter holidays. that took my mind away for a while, haha, kill me but im waiting now for NOA2 and a visa. dissssaster :) well hope all be good with all of us ! another week !

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.