Andy and Kayla

September 2010 K1 Filers

1,456 posts in this topic

Don't bank on the fee changing. With the US political climate the way it is, Immigation one of the "hot button"topics, and a possible "lame duck" session for congress, expect nothing to really change. All fees have to be approved by congress. The fees can not change on their own.

JP

All fees are changing, on Nov 23rd. All going up from AOS onwards, except for the I-129F which we have allready filed for. Visa will be the same as it is now.

Edited by ameribrit

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hey there Sep Filiers!! I want to wish all of you the best of luck!! My fiancee and I are Feb 2010 filiers. Keep in mind that this is going to be a long process. It will have it's up's and down's. But stay the course, and it will all work out. Just a few tips. Read, re-read, and read everything in each packet again. Make sure you follow all the instructions on the USCIS website to the "T". Make sure everything is signed. Make copies of EVERYTHING and keep them near by. Take at least 15 passport photos. We were all on a first name basis with the people at our local photo shop (that how namy times we had to go back and take more). Make sure your passports are all up to date and not about to expire (if within 6 months, re-new now). Make sure you have all the money ahead of time for all fees. My fiancee over-looked the final fee that was due at the American Embassy in Toronto. Almost had a major disaster. Thank God for Western Union. But save yourself the drama and have it ready ahead of time. There are going to be long periods of not hearing anything from either USCIS and the embassy. Rest assured, they will send you all the information that you will need. Once again, best of luck to you all. If you have any questions, feel free to hit us up on the "February 2010 VCS Filiers" forum.

Love, Peace, and Hair Grease to all,

JP

Thanks for the tips and well wishes! This process is long and hard and I'm looking to you guys who have been through it already as such encouragement! Thanks for the support :)

9/21/10--I-129F mailed to Dallas

9/29/10--NOA1 (email and text message)

9/29/10--Check cashed

10/1/10--NOA1 hardcopy received (dated 9/27 and sent to VSC)

10/3/10--Touched (everyone touched)

10/4/10--Touched!

04/19/11-NOA2!! (FINALLY! After 204 days)

Major change of plans - the wait was too long for us and I ended up moving to Croatia in June 2011.

Married 06/09/12 <3

9/3/12 - I-130 NOA1

Check out my blog about long distance love, expat life, cooking, healthy living... http://dreamofhometonight.blogspot.com

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you, payneja01 :) Its amazing how we all ve been in the same boat, much appreciated.

soooo seems like June got many approvals this week. Funny enough but the majority got their NOA2 only via mail, with no prior notice on website, and they all filed at CSC. Well, dont know whether its CSC thing but already asked my fiance not to throw any suspicious looking papers coming through the mail. :lol:

time slowly moving towards 2 months mark... )

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Woohooo, I'm at almost 2 months distance from NOA1. God... I hope NOA2 won't take the maximum to show up(5 months)!!!

And if it's taking 5 months. Well... At least I know my birthday is in March, so I'll celebrate it in the US with my sweetie. :luv:(L)

But I'm really hoping to get my NOA2 in November-December. Please, God, please, God, pretty please, pretty please!!! (F)

Edited by Ella & Octav

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

But I'm really hoping to get my NOA2 in November-December. Please, God, please, God, pretty please, pretty please!!! (F)

Amen to that :yes:

ROC Timeline

2gsxvmz.png

Nov. 1 = 55 days :whistle: ...I have my dress fitting saturday woot woot lots to look forward to...but as the holidays are closer Im feeling alil blue :( plenty to keep the mind occupied yet its ALWAYS there :crying: ....... dont get me wrong I am glad they dont approve people overnight and that they are cautious in the approvals...but I dont think its fair how some are approved much faster than others it should be more of a fair system...and if jane/john got theirs in two months we should all get them within that same time providing we had no errors (we all pay the same service fee yanno!).... ok mini rant over lol.... fingers crossed for a productive week in vermont with july and august approvals rolling out like there is no tomorrow!!!

Edited by mj_nj

July 24,2010- Nigel proposed!!

September 1, 2010- posted the k-1 (lewisville address)

September 3, 2010 - forwarded to dallas

September 6, 2010- recieved in dallas

September 7, 2010 - forwarded to vermont service center

September 8, 2010- offical date of NOA1

September 9, 2010- text and email alerts 2:30 a.m.!!! but worth being woke up to

September 10, 2010 check cashed

October 3, 2010- joined VJ going bonkers waiting....

March 4, 2011 NOA2 after a long 177 days waiting ( no text email or onliine update.. still says in review)

March 10, 2011 NVC received and issued LND#

March 12, 2011 NOA2 hard copy received

March 17, 2011 we are at London.. packet 3 sent out

March 18, 2011 packet 3 sent back to London

March 22,2011 MRV-paid

April 1, 2011 Medical

April 15, 2011 Interview- Approved! orignal interview date May 13 requested to move forward received less than a days notice.

See timeline for Aos details....

Timeline

Nov. 1 = 55 days :whistle: ...I have my dress fitting saturday woot woot lots to look forward to...but as the holidays are closer Im feeling alil blue :( plenty to keep the mind occupied yet its ALWAYS there :crying: ....... dont get me wrong I am glad they dont approve people overnight and that they are cautious in the approvals...but I dont think its fair how some are approved much faster than others it should be more of a fair system...and if jane/john got theirs in two months we should all get them within that same time providing we had no errors (we all pay the same service fee yanno!).... ok mini rant over lol.... fingers crossed for a productive week in vermont with july and august approvals rolling out like there is no tomorrow!!!

I totally hear you, right? I'm so sick of this, but I also trust God!! (L)(F) I really hope we can get our NOA2s before Christmas. All I want for Christmas iiiiiiis.... youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! :D

Edited by Ella & Octav

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

I totally hear you, right? I'm so sick of this, but I also trust God!! (L)(F) I really hope we can get our NOA2s before Christmas. All I want for Christmas iiiiiiis.... youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! :D

your more optimistic than I am... I was at the start but now im more realistic about this whole process...big sigh... we wont be together for christmas or new years but i am faithly praying for a move by mid January! I think my kids are more bummed than we are which makes the whole thing harder!! I am praying for all those july/august filers to get their approvals..like yesterday!!

September 9, 2010- text and email alerts 2:30 a.m.!!! but worth being woke up to

March 4, 2011 NOA2 after a long 177 days waiting ( no text email or onliine update.. still says in review)

March 22,2011 MRV-paid

April 1, 2011 Medical

April 15, 2011 Interview- Approved! orignal interview date May 13 requested to move forward received less than a days notice.

Timeline

your more optimistic than I am... I was at the start but now im more realistic about this whole process...big sigh... we wont be together for christmas or new years but i am faithly praying for a move by mid January! I think my kids are more bummed than we are which makes the whole thing harder!! I am praying for all those july/august filers to get their approvals..like yesterday!!

Optimistic would be thinking of receiving an approval 1 month or 2 since NOA1. Buuut, I'm only hoping it will happen the fourth month. :luv: I'm realistic enough. However, I do know it can take up to 5 months, so the beginning of February would be the max. allowed, lol. :star:

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Think end of February to mid march for a moving date. And that is only if we get approved in the next month. Looking at the latest stats, processing times between NVC receiving the petition and London interviewing is just over 3 months at the moment. Ella and Octav are lucky to be going through Bucharest, who have just over a months wait for the same thing.

ROC Timeline

2gsxvmz.png

Think end of February to mid march for a moving date. And that is only if we get approved in the next month. Looking at the latest stats, processing times between NVC receiving the petition and London interviewing is just over 3 months at the moment. Ella and Octav are lucky to be going through Bucharest, who have just over a months wait for the same thing.

at the rate they are going now it could be april or may.. he needs to give his job a month notice so we have that to deal with also :( but I am still crossing my fingers for Jan. my daughter is in her senior yr of high school and will be playing her final soccer games in Jan. and we are sooooo hoping he doesnt miss them... so im going to double crossed them lol

March 22,2011 MRV-paid

April 1, 2011 Medical

at the rate they are going now it could be april or may.. he needs to give his job a month notice so we have that to deal with also :( but I am still crossing my fingers for Jan. my daughter is in her senior yr of high school and will be playing her final soccer games in Jan. and we are sooooo hoping he doesnt miss them... so im going to double crossed them lol

Shouldn't be a problem, getting the timing right, for him to hand in his notice. You can track his case status, through calls to the DOS, from when it leaves NVC right the way through to when his visa is given to the courier for delivery.

I so wanted to be moved back to the states, with Crystal, by the end of this year.And thought that the new thing of sending the petition through Dallas may have been a way of them quickening the process. :bonk: Now i know better. I will keep my fingers crossed for your quick approval and visa issuance :thumbs:

ROC Timeline

2gsxvmz.png

Shouldn't be a problem, getting the timing right, for him to hand in his notice. You can track his case status, through calls to the DOS, from when it leaves NVC right the way through to when his visa is given to the courier for delivery.

I so wanted to be moved back to the states, with Crystal, by the end of this year.And thought that the new thing of sending the petition through Dallas may have been a way of them quickening the process. :bonk: Now i know better. I will keep my fingers crossed for your quick approval and visa issuance :thumbs:

i am new to all of this but i have studied and studied timelines.... if i could change one thing it would be that they gave us more notice on where things stand so we could plan better.... we are kinda just stuck in the planning stages of stuff with no idea...we know what we want but the government gets the final say and i think it the not knowing that drives us insaine!! in our high tech world..what in the world takes so long?? we were thinking.. dont come home for the holidays and save as much as we could since we have to do the whole aos thing to do and again the waiting game begins... but now thinking it might be longer than we thought so may sneek in a visit....but i bet as soon as we do things would speed up and he would have to rush back......ugh it sucks! thats all i know!! my fingers are crossed for your speedy approval too!!

Life is to short to be sat here just waiting.....

March 22,2011 MRV-paid

April 1, 2011 Medical

i am new to all of this but i have studied and studied timelines.... if i could change one thing it would be that they gave us more notice on where things stand so we could plan better.... we are kinda just stuck in the planning stages of stuff with no idea...we know what we want but the government gets the final say and i think it the not knowing that drives us insaine!! in our high tech world..what in the world takes so long?? we were thinking.. dont come home for the holidays and save as much as we could since we have to do the whole aos thing to do and again the waiting game begins... but now thinking it might be longer than we thought so may sneek in a visit....but i bet as soon as we do things would speed up and he would have to rush back......ugh it sucks! thats all i know!! my fingers are crossed for your speedy approval too!!

Life is to short to be sat here just waiting.....

At least when it is time to file for AOS we will both be together. So the waiting for that, to go through the system, will be much less painful.

And remember that the statistics and timelines on this forum can only be determined from the number of members on VJ. With less than 100 members in each month leading up to our September filers, we are only a fraction of the petitions going through Vermont. We are hoping and praying to see alot of VJ members from July and August get approved in the coming weeks, and then it's our turn!

It will be interesting to see how our timelines compare, with only 2 days between our NOA1 and going through the same consulate.

Have a great week! :thumbs:

ROC Timeline

2gsxvmz.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.