CountryBoy

petitioning second beneficiary / divorced first

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sure this question has been asked numberous time but I don't know the correct words to use in my search so I am getting no relevent results.

Can someone show me what the waiting periods and waivers needed for filing a petition for my new fiancee? I divorced my previous wife without any struggles and we are still good friends, however I have found a new lady to marry me and I love her very much and want to file her petition for fiancee visa.

Thanks

Donnie and Sylvia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You can expect some extra scrutiny during the second process. You need to file an waiver ( free) that is basically a statement that you are filing for a second ( or more ) beneficiary. I don't think they have a form for it. Look in the IMBRA forum to see sample of what you have to write. Make very sure that your new wife to be knows all about your ex and any bumps with the law you may have had.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm sure this question has been asked numberous time but I don't know the correct words to use in my search so I am getting no relevent results.

Can someone show me what the waiting periods and waivers needed for filing a petition for my new fiancee? I divorced my previous wife without any struggles and we are still good friends, however I have found a new lady to marry me and I love her very much and want to file her petition for fiancee visa.

Thanks

If the previous I-129F was the only one you've ever filed then you don't need an IMBRA filing limits waiver. It's been more than two years since your previous petition was approved. If you HAVE filed another I-129F (whether or not it was approved), in addition to the previous one, then you need an IMBRA filing limits waiver. You just include a letter asking for a waiver of the IMBRA filing limits, and explaining why you believe a waiver is justified. Unless you have a criminal record that falls under the IMBRA then the waiver will likely be approved. There is no special waiver request form. You just write a letter. Read the I-129F form instructions.

You can file a petition as soon as you've met the requirements - divorce is final, you've met your fiancee face-to-face within the past two years, etc. There is no mandatory waiting period imposed by USCIS. Make sure your divorce is actually FINAL. In some states, the divorce doesn't become final until a mandatory waiting period has expired.

You can expect some extra scrutiny, especially at the consulate stage. Your first wife lifted conditions on her green card late last year, and you're already divorced and looking at petitioning a new fiancee. They may suspect you're doing this to help girls immigrate to the US. If your income is low then they may even suspect you're being paid to do it. If, by any chance, you happen to be disabled and these girls are nursing school graduates then you can probably expect them to crawl up your tailpipe with a microscope looking for evidence of fraud. Hopefully, none of this stuff applies to you, and you'll sail through. Good luck!

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

If the previous I-129F was the only one you've ever filed then you don't need an IMBRA filing limits waiver. It's been more than two years since your previous petition was approved. If you HAVE filed another I-129F (whether or not it was approved), in addition to the previous one, then you need an IMBRA filing limits waiver. You just include a letter asking for a waiver of the IMBRA filing limits, and explaining why you believe a waiver is justified. Unless you have a criminal record that falls under the IMBRA then the waiver will likely be approved. There is no special waiver request form. You just write a letter. Read the I-129F form instructions. This is only my 2nd I-129F Petition (or petition any kind)

You can file a petition as soon as you've met the requirements - divorce is final, you've met your fiancee face-to-face within the past two years, etc.We have yet to meet face to face but have been chatting for a while and I will go to phils soon to meet her and her family. There is no mandatory waiting period imposed by USCIS. Make sure your divorce is actually FINAL. Legally separated in Dec. 09 Divorce final in Aug. .. no waiting periodIn some states, the divorce doesn't become final until a mandatory waiting period has expired.

You can expect some extra scrutiny, especially at the consulate stage. Your first wife lifted conditions on her green card late last year, and you're already divorced and looking at petitioning a new fiancee. This is easy... when she lifted her conditions she didn't need me anymore; she started leaving for days without calls or texts, she stayed with her friends in the bar till all hours of the night leaving me to care for her child (which thank god I didn't adopt), etc... She said she got bored with me but she is only 6 years younger than I.. what can I say, I am just a simple person and I found a simple lady to petition this time. They may suspect you're doing this to help girls immigrate to the US. If your income is low then they may even suspect you're being paid to do it. I make over $75,000 per year and provided proof of support from the bank that I had a balance over $60,000 in my main checking account for my ex wife.If, by any chance, you happen to be disabled and these girls are nursing school graduates then you can probably expect them to crawl up your tailpipe with a microscope looking for evidence of fraud. I am Temp Total Disabled but she isn't a nursing student.. Bachelors of Science in Commerse Hopefully, none of this stuff applies to you, and you'll sail through. Good luck! Thanks for the info and wish of good luck :)

Donnie and Sylvia

Timeline

You can expect some extra scrutiny during the second process. You need to file an waiver ( free) that is basically a statement that you are filing for a second ( or more ) beneficiary. I don't think they have a form for it. Look in the IMBRA forum to see sample of what you have to write. Make very sure that your new wife to be knows all about your ex and any bumps with the law you may have had.

My fiancee (Yani) is very aware of my ex wife, I actually met Yani 3 days after I met my ex wife on a dating site back in Sep. 2006 and I just chose the wrong one. Yani and I chatted casually while I was preparing my exes documents (she did chat with my ex wife too during this time) and once my ex got to the country I stopped chatting altogether. Late last year when my wife was gone for days I logged into my account and was only logged on just a short time and Yani said hello, after all these years she hadn't forgotten me.. she was the one that helped me get thru the times when my heart was breaking and the ex was running around all the time. I made a mistake the first time but now I can make it right.

We never had any bumps with the law during my marriage.

Donnie and Sylvia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.