mh36

NVC completed my case-how long for interview?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm a unmarried son over 21 of american citizen, and my case was completed August 26, 2010. I'm waiting for interview info in Frankfurt. Does anyone have any experience on how long it may take until I get my interview date for the consulate in Frankfurt? My priority date is 2004, so available.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I'm a unmarried son over 21 of american citizen, and my case was completed August 26, 2010. I'm waiting for interview info in Frankfurt. Does anyone have any experience on how long it may take until I get my interview date for the consulate in Frankfurt? My priority date is 2004, so available.

Hey There .. I am exactly in the same situation. My case was completed on August 25, 2010.

According to what I've read it takes them maximum 8 weeks to get ur interview, but in most cases it's less than that.

I am calling the NVC almost everyday for updates.

Anyways good luck :)

Timeline

Hey There .. I am exactly in the same situation. My case was completed on August 25, 2010.

According to what I've read it takes them maximum 8 weeks to get ur interview, but in most cases it's less than that.

I am calling the NVC almost everyday for updates.

Anyways good luck :)

Yes, Good luck to you as well my friend. From what I have read in multiple forums is that they schedule or notify of interviews between the 15th and end of every month. I'm gonna try to be patient and wait until tomorrow (15th Sep 2010) and talk to a operator. Maybe I can get more information that way, instead of talking to the automated message. Please let me know if and when you receive your date if you don't mind, I'll do the same. Waited so many years, now we're so close, the waiting is torturous.

Timeline

Yes, Good luck to you as well my friend. From what I have read in multiple forums is that they schedule or notify of interviews between the 15th and end of every month. I'm gonna try to be patient and wait until tomorrow (15th Sep 2010) and talk to a operator. Maybe I can get more information that way, instead of talking to the automated message. Please let me know if and when you receive your date if you don't mind, I'll do the same. Waited so many years, now we're so close, the waiting is torturous.

I have read in one of the discussions that even though they say they only do the scheduling the 2nd week but they actually do it the whole month.. I guess we gotta wait and see .. As for the waiting, tell me about it. I just can't take it anymore. Hopefully the wait ends soon.

Will keep you updated.

(It's good to know there r other people in the world going through the exact same thing at the exact same time)/

Timeline

I have read in one of the discussions that even though they say they only do the scheduling the 2nd week but they actually do it the whole month.. I guess we gotta wait and see .. As for the waiting, tell me about it. I just can't take it anymore. Hopefully the wait ends soon.

Will keep you updated.

(It's good to know there r other people in the world going through the exact same thing at the exact same time)/

Yeah, the waiting is horrible. I looked at other peoples journeys as well, and determined that once their case was completed, it took them approximately one month to receive the interview date, and another month for the actual interview. But almost all of them were K1 (fiance visas). I don't know if it makes a difference. I inquired per email about my case on August 30 and have, to this day, not received an answer since I did not no the status of my case at that time. This is why I CALLED the NVC for the first time. During this call I found out that my case was completed August 26, 2010... What makes me curious is that they did not let me know that my case was completed. Tomorrow (Sep.15,2010) I will try to talk to an operator to find out some details on my case, and how they operate after completed cases. I will let you know as soon as I find out. Take a deep breath and hang in there,... I think we're almost through... ;)

Timeline

Yeah, the waiting is horrible. I looked at other peoples journeys as well, and determined that once their case was completed, it took them approximately one month to receive the interview date, and another month for the actual interview. But almost all of them were K1 (fiance visas). I don't know if it makes a difference. I inquired per email about my case on August 30 and have, to this day, not received an answer since I did not no the status of my case at that time. This is why I CALLED the NVC for the first time. During this call I found out that my case was completed August 26, 2010... What makes me curious is that they did not let me know that my case was completed. Tomorrow (Sep.15,2010) I will try to talk to an operator to find out some details on my case, and how they operate after completed cases. I will let you know as soon as I find out. Take a deep breath and hang in there,... I think we're almost through... ;)

Hey.. that means we have less than 2 weeks to go :) ... the NVC does not let you know when ur case is completed but they do email you as well as ur parents (the petioner) when they schedule the interview. I sure hope we get that email soon enough ... have been living away from my family it's been 7 years now ... anyways let me know what happens when you call them.

Timeline

Hey.. that means we have less than 2 weeks to go :) ... the NVC does not let you know when ur case is completed but they do email you as well as ur parents (the petioner) when they schedule the interview. I sure hope we get that email soon enough ... have been living away from my family it's been 7 years now ... anyways let me know what happens when you call them.

I don't know if that means that we'll know in 2 weeks. I just finally got through to an operator, but she was not able to tell me much. She just told me that an interview has not been scheduled yet, but they're still scheduling for the month of October. Lets hope that we're in there too. I'm gonna try to be patient and hope for the best. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something new. Later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.